Built up as the big bad

>built up as the big bad
>has successfully gained control over the world and essentially ruled it for years
>turned it into a thriving utopia where there's little crime, people live longer and healthier, and there's no political conflicts
>gives orders to world leaders and super-powered heroes and villains alike
>extremely intelligent, knows the hero's weaknesses, and stopped multiple coup attempts
>suddenly defeated in 1 issue

why was this allowed?

Because he put the pussy on a pedestal, and that's the last thing that any man, let alon an overlord, should ever do.

Because they're rushing to the end and they have one more issue since the finale is undoubtedly going to be mostly if not entirely epilogue.

He looks like ginger Thor

So...like Thor?

So he looks like Thor?

Because it was still an oppressive regime. Even Mark said that Robot's ideas were good, he was just a control freak with no empathy, so he took things to the nth degree a la Dinosaurus. That's why he was still allowed to live, just as a brain in a jar who serves as Idea-Guy for Abraham Lincoln.
This is what happens when autismos take power, they usually have big plans and good ideas, but disregard the human element.

You mean OG Thor? Sure

Actually no, scratch that. OG Thor is too manly

He himself defeated everything else in the world within a single issue, so it's only fair.

Hohenheim?

Well it sort of makes sense, now that Mark has control of the Viltrumite Empire. I mean robot is a great villain, but did he ever really stand a chance?

He doesn't mean "why overthrow Robot" he means why take a character who consolidated absolute power not just physically but politically and socially, built him up as this master strategist who could see hundreds of angles, then defeat him quickly and with very little loss.

Nah, he is more like Lex Luthor II, but with accurately coloured hair.

>super genius
>pretty much runs the world
>wanted to kill the Superman of his world
>alliteration in his name

heck, both of their first names ends with "-ex".

>OG Thor is too manly
Thor is a tranny

It happened one time.
They never let you live it down.

The only good explanation is that he realized how much of a shithead he was and wanted to be taken out.

Robot knew he couldn't hold out if the viltrumites opposed him, and he admitted as much to Mark's dad back when he seized power. Having the vast numbers of Thragg's former army turned it from slow and messy to quick and relatively painless.

Robot did nothing wrong
Invincible fucked up though, not because of what was done to Robot, the guy isn't immortal his rule would have ended when he died. Instead he gave the same ideas to someone that's literally immortal despite knowing that he'll be grow to be a despot.

>Robot did nothing wrong

He killed many people over the POSSIBILITY of them getting in his way, that's some minority report shit

Robot was the best and most developed character in the comic, only Nolan comes close, prove me wrong. But god how I hate him

Rex Ru-Thor?

more like Lex Lobot.

Ruh-Roh Raggy!

>the big bad
It turns out he wasn't really that "bad" in the end.

And what do you think would happen when Robot died? The fucker was full on paranoid and wouldn't set up a transitional government. This means he just croaks and lets the world go to hell. Or he'd of stripped away human choice by making himself an immortal leader through clones and/or cyberspace.

Now the last option may sound no different than what Mark did. However Mr. I unlike Robot has feelings and at least prior to the future comic, shown to be a sane guy with a handle on his humanity.

Noticed myself, but I never brought it up because I figure most would get it if they were picking up on the equally obvious inspirations from Superman to begin with.

Aw.

>where do you think we are

That has to be on purpose.

I think Kirkman just rushed into the ending. Maybe he's just sick of doing it. I can't think of any other reason why. He can take as much time as he needs to finish it. It sells decently and even if it didn't he could just use some of those Walking Dead millions to finance it for as long as he wanted to.

It was really disappointing for Robot to be taken out so quickly. I like how ultimately his paranoia was his downfall but everything happened so fast it barely registered. I wanted a repeat of what happened in the other dimension. I wanted some grand action to prove that even though things are great now, on a long enough timescale Robot couldn't be trusted. Like what if instead of keeping the Viltrumite children safely locked up he threw them into the other dimension, brainwashed them into his soldiers and then brought them back as full-grown adults. Or maybe things are great for Earth on the surface but behind the scenes there's this awful thing Robot's doing like infecting the population with a secret virus or mind-altering chemicals "for the greater good."

His name should have been Rex Sploder

He looks like Conan O'Brien with luxurious hair and a full manly beard.

>Maybe he's just sick of doing it
No it was the artist who was sick of doing it and Kirkman decided Ottley leaving was a good enough reason to end the comic.

>His name should have been Rex Sploder

His body is actually the clone of the hero named Rex Splode.

Kirkman clearly doesn't give a shit about any of his properties that are traditional comic books, he is only writing stuff now that translates onto TV directly.

Which sucks because his stuff before Walking Dead were all fucking metal and yet still hilarious and light hearted. Battle Pope was fucking great.

>Or maybe things are great for Earth on the surface but behind the scenes there's this awful thing Robot's doing like infecting the population with a secret virus or mind-altering chemicals "for the greater good."

This is what I wanted to see.
Just something to show that not everything was perfect in Robot's world.

But as far as we know the end justified the means for him.

>why was this allowed?
Because they'd literally just had an entire fucking war arc, and people want it to be over.

I would go with Allen actually.

I'm just pissed that Best Tiger didn't do fuck all in that last issue, he barely got a cameo. He is by far the best character in the book.

Allen wasn't really developed in any way, other being the alien big bro who becomes king.

Nolan was very well developed. I'd have to say that so was Robot. Rex Splode was great too, especially since he became less of a jackass later on, it's a shame he died.

>it's a shame he died.
Yeah. But probably one of the most badass deaths in comics.

He was basically Gambit though.
- power is to charge up objects so they explode
- very athletic
- grew up as a thief
- womanizer

Gambit was kinetic energy shit, he was only athletic as part of his training to be a Russian assassin, I believe, and he wasn't a smooth womanizer. Just a douche. Certainly never called anyone cherie.

But muh fanfics!

>Gambit was kinetic energy shit
exact same power

>he was only athletic as part of his training to be a Russian assassin
Yeah, and Gambit was only athletic because of his training to be a master thif - does it matter? They still had an athletic build.

>and he wasn't a smooth womanizer. Just a douche. Certainly never called anyone cherie.
A few issues into being introduced, he was shown having an orgy with Duplikate, and in his origin book he swoons Atom Eve and makes out with her while there are literally explosions behind them.

The only difference between the two is the accent, and that Gambit was a charmer with skeletons in his closet, while Rex was a douchebag with a good heart.

I mean is it that hard to understand that Kirkman has no original ideas and that literally all of Invincible is a parody from other books?

>he is only writing stuff now that translates onto TV directly.
>Which sucks because his stuff before Walking Dead were all fucking metal and yet still hilarious and light hearted. Battle Pope was fucking great.
This.
When he keeps it short he can make some wild rides. Now he's prostituting himself and cranking out mediocre drivel. Feels bad mang.

Yeah, I don't really see it. They're pretty different to me. Superficial similarities deliberately worded to fit across both of them doesn't make them the same thing.

he was defeated, but not killed. I found the solution a decent way to deal with a genius who happened to be on the wrong side of the fight. Too smart to convince with mere words, too smart to truly get rid of.

>Superficial similarities deliberately worded to fit across both of them

They have the
exact
same
power.

It's not even a common power either, like Being Superman or a telepath or a telekinetic, but specifically the power to charge things up so the slightest damage will make them violently explode.

Someone needs to shop in Mark.

>Robot
>Dead

I am sorry, but who?
Cause now I want to read this but I don't know what comic it is.

Super rushed ending to Robot's rule, but I did like that Kirkman is leaving things so that the Earth is getting fucked anyways.

Mark leaving the Immortal in charge is what leads to the future where Immortal goes crazy and becomes an evil dictator.

It's the Norse way. Still better than getting fucked by a horse like Loki.

>mmmmmm whatcha saaaaaaay

what comic is this? is it good or is it a classic "sounds cool on paper but is so ineptly executed that the synopsis is more entertaining than the actual work" comic.

Because he was a paranoid retard and just had to provoke Murderman. He should have just given the kids back instead of threatening Mark.

Technically he isn't

No, in that future Immortal only goes crazy because after thousands of years the pressure of running everything breaks him. In this timeline Mark recognizes this and gives him a Robot brain buddy to do all the heavy lifting for him.

Invincible, by image comics. It's written by Robert Kirkman, the same guy who does the Walking Dead. It starts off as a rather light hearted take on a guy discovering his powers, but shit quickly hits the fan. Lots of morality questioning, and eventually a ton of blood.

is it good? obviously there is no objective answer but did you enjoy it?

it's a fun read but you can tell things are getting rushed near the last few issues.

I enjoyed it initially. It starts out pretty good, has fun art and characters, but towards the end it starts being lame drama shit.

>a brain in a jar who serves as Idea-Guy for Abraham Lincoln

i love his book

Invincible. The vast majority of it is actually really good, it's just the last couple of arcs that have been disappointing. Kirkman's just not that interested anymore, which is completely understandable after 14 years.

It is really good until after issue 100.

>Robot
>IS
>dead

>14 years
damn, i'm surprised invincible hasn't adopted to a show or movie yet