Predictions for the DCEU:

Predictions for the DCEU:

Major players for the Injustice League are Lex, Deathstroke, Black Manta, Sinestro, Reverse-Flash, Cheetah and probably Black Adam, although GRID is basically the only counterpart they have for Cyborg, if they wanna go for that angle.

Black Manta is set up in Aquaman, the next DCEU movie. Rumortown says Black Adam is in Suicide Squad 2, although he could be namedropped in Shazam. Cheetah is WW2. GLC will in all likelyhood do Sinestro.

Jake Gyllenhaal will probably replace Affleck and they'll handwave it as Batman always having been that young. The Nightwing movie is just sort of there. Maybe Deathstroke can play a part in that, The Batman movie, SS2 or he'll lay low until Justice League 2, which will be JL vs IJL.

If WB is smart they'll make a new Superman movie with the Superman we saw in JL. Maybe they can fix Lex there too.[/Spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who the fuck thought that aquaman suit/actor was a good idea

It'll go in the trash where it should be, and they'll stick to contained hero movies.

Manta is already cast.

They just wanted something to make people forget the Superfriends version.

Yeah, which is why I think they're building up to the Injustice League. Black Adam is cast as well, technically.

Let's see how Justice League does first, if it bombs then this could properly be the end of a big joined up DCEU

Seriously.

The trinity costumes are great, I can see where they were going with Flash's costume material since it still recognizably the Flash's costume, Cyborg sucks so who cares - but Aquaman. Why couldn't they make an accurate version of his default outfit?

What's really going to happen:

>They finish off the movies already in production
>they'll announce some sequels in the distant future like Spider Man 4
>Disney or Universal will buy it out
>They'll cast a blonde dude named Chris to play Superman and make him a bant king
>All plots from there on out are formulaic and to the point

Warner isn't going to keep a dying franchise just because it might have another hit at some point down the road. They'll look to sell to the highest bidder, cut their ties and make another Harry Potter film to fill the pay load gap.

Predictions for the DCEU

Disney just buys Warner Brothers.

If WB is smart they scrap the whole thing and start over

If Disney buys it out (which seems likely given the current circumstances) how long until a true DC/Marvel cross over?

>WHY DID YOY SAY THAT NAME!

>Predictions for the DCEU

they'll cancel all plans for it and focus on Wonder Woman sequels and maybe the one Aquaman movie

Superman is essentially tainted for a whole generation. Batman needs some time off.

I think theyre going to stop using DC characters for a while (knowing WB execs), but I would rather them pick lesser known characters and making good solo movies out of that. Like Swamp Thing, Adam Strange, The Question, etc.

>Swamp Thing

They're still working on a Justice League Dark movie.

lmao after this shit I dont want that

Swamp Thing is interesting enough on his own. Same for the others.

Jesse's Lex is amazing, notmuh fags needs to leave

Doubt they'll do stuff like Nightwing, batgirl, harley queen, deathstroke, etc. Wondy trilogy is a go, maybe aquaman and shazam will get a similar treatment but no JL2 in a while. How long has it been since they casted the rock? feels like they want to forget about him.

The major DC characters will probably survive this debacle, but is Cyborg screwed now that his first big live action movie is a horrible flop? Green Lantern still isn't allowed in movies because of that one flop from a decade ago that WB decided to blame on his character not being popular enough instead of the movie being shit

if Lex Luther is supposed to be an autistic sperg

>Maybe they can fix Lex there too.

Lex will never be fixed until they recast.

They are going to use Blockbuser in the Nightwing movie, if that ever gets made. It is the reason why DC mandated they move the character back to Bludhaven and forced Seeley to write Blockbuster in it.

But yeah, they are going to recast Bruce with someone younger for sure which will make the ages of Batgirl and Nightwing a lot younger as well.

You don't like green fish scale disco suit?

As bad as Flash's costume is, the characterization is SO much worse.

He's basically Roger Smith on roofies playing Jim Parsons playing Sheldon Cooper playing the Flash. His incessant wide-eyed gawping at EVERY setpiece or development in the movie was beyond grating.

>His incessant wide-eyed gawping at EVERY setpiece or development in the movie was beyond grating.
I just can't get over his whole "druggie twink selling blowjobs and ass behind a gas station for 20$ cause he needs his drugs" look desu

>Superman is essentially tainted for a whole generation.

It's like you didn't even watch the movie. Classic Superman is back in JL. They just need to make a good movie with this version. Fuck off overreacting fag.

>It's like you didn't even watch the movie.
Yeah, and neither did anyone else!

They'll finish Aquaman after massive reshoots and put out feelers for another wonder woman but everything else will be canned

>Classic Superman is back in JL.

Superman doesn't interact with a single human being who isn't a superhero or his GF or Mom.

Slapping that Uncanny Valley reshoot in the opening of the film does not suddenly erase the previous 5 hours of motion picture we've endured.
Nor does his brawl with the rest of the League for no raisin re-establish him as a good Superman.

Justice League tries to ignore everything from the previous DCEU films (including WW, which is baffling) and tries to shoehorn in that Superman's Death is suddenly the worst thing to happen to humanity in 2000 years.

There's no mention of the Invasion or destruction of half of Metropolis. Or that Superman died in YET ANOTHER brawl with his alien kinfolk.
The movie pretends that Superman wasn't controversial AT ALL, NO SIR, as if to try and mind-trick everyone into forgetting Man of Autism.
Hate to break it to you, but it ain't happening.

Justice League shits mightily on Patty Jenkin's film so I feel even that is on shaky ground.

We'll see Aquabro simply because it's already paid for.

Don't worry based Wan will save us

>Fox will never get the license
>we'll never get a film about the main man

He mocks those two kids in the beginning.
Superman would have genuinely been thrilled to give those kids an exclusive scoop for their podcast.

This is the thing that really turned me off of this movie. I'm a huge Superman fan, normally I'd be all over the "Superman was a symbol and his loss was a blow to humanity" angle, but you can't try to pull that shit after spending two entire movies showing how much the world hates the guy, and how the world might actually be justified because said guy doesn't even really seem that interested or invested in being a hero.

It's completely baffling how much they wanted us to just take it as face value, too.

They pushed back the production start date until the week before Wonder Woman premiered and if WW had failed, they would have pulled the plug in a heartbeat. Instead, they let their relative success go straight to their heads and moved ahead, not counting on this being a fluke.

>What do you like best about Earth
>Awkward uncanny valley silence and staring ensues

the Monsterverse takes its place as the dominant cinematic universe that isn't Marvel

DC has no future so there's nothing to predict

anything related to superman or batman is dead for at least 6 years probably more like 10

Superman definitely, but I really doubt this is going to scuttle any solo Batman movie plans. At most, they'll scrub anything tying it to the DCEU and just make it a standalone movie. As bad as BvS and JL are, Batman hasn't really been one of the elements that's been criticized, I don't imagine these movies have damaged his brand all that much.

Superman, on the other hand, is DEFINITELY dead. It's the 90's all over again.

Best timeline.

They also ignore all of Batman's crazy from BvS, with the cops wondering if "Batman has finally lost it" with the kidnappings.

Wonder Woman has the Godslayer Sword back, inexplicably. It's only fake in Patty's film.
Also, the Amazons in Snyderverse specifically CAN'T leave Themiscyra, whereas in WW they simply refuse to leave and help. Also, where Jenkin's Wonder Woman has decided to leap out (literally) into the world to make a difference, the Wonder Woman of Snyder/Whedon's film is again pensive, doubtful and it's reasserted that she withdrew from human society for decades.

Superman's build up is completely abandoned. You might have thought that Donner Superman had died valiantly stopping some unrelated monster by the setup in Justice League. All of the controversial questions first posited by Jonathan and explored in the two movies are glossed over entirely.

It's bad to the point where Batman is accusing Wonder Woman of failing to be another Superman, and inspire everyone. This, from the guy who spent the previous movie hunting down Clark to kill him for doing Superman shit.

This entire shitburger of a movie has selective amnesia.

All the hired Pajeets flooding the audience reviews with "5/5, graetest movie evar, show us bobs and vegena." are wasting their time.

>Hope is like a river because t comes and goes
.....What?

They won't, they have a winning formula with WW, they just need Snyder out and to put a "kevin fix" in charge.

>They also ignore all of Batman's crazy from BvS,
Gee, i wonder why...

If this film can't beat Deadpool, a movie made for $50 million, at the box office, they will fall back, recast Batman, and do Gotham related shit for at least 10 years.

That's assuming they don't feel they can milk Harry Potter or somesuch for big Summer bux.

You can't build an Extended Universe by plotting new movies like the previous ones never existed.
You just cannot.

The only way to fix Lex is to recast him.

They would have to recast a fuck ton of people and pretend all the previous movies didn't exist to make a decent film at this point

Yes you can, audiences don't really care about continuity, they care about quips and good action. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ignoring an universally panned film like KinovKino, it's actually good because WB execs have realized what the problem was.

Movies have recast before with no issue.

B-B-But the mouse always wins...

Bullshit.
Star Wars is functioning off of pure nostalgia for the older films, it's bloated, medium-low grade Space Opera otherwise. They want to see WTF happened to Luke.

They care about continuity in Extended Universes. They can't suddenly cast some younger, less alcoholic actor as Batman and expect no one to blink, after they've established Old Fatman in this universe. Can they pass the cowl to a Robin? Probably.

But Justice League ignores important plot-points and character development (however awful) in all the previous films. It's time to just burn it all down and start over.

> Avengers 1: Cap is upset that SHIELD has Hydratech and suspects they have other motives, then as the invasion takes place SHIELD heads authorize the launch of a nucleur missile on Ne York City
> Winter Soldier: Cap is a member of SHIELD, all past suspicions, even though they were confirmed are put aside for...reasons?

Sure thing, kid

>90s babies still want a Lobo movie

Go to bed, grandpa. You got your "so edgy its fun" movie with Suicide Squad, look how that turned out.

He joined SHIELD because to protect people, to honor Peggy, because it was the closest thing to the military structure that was all he knew, and because Fury begrudgingly earned his trust by going against the World Security Council about nuking New York.

Pay attention next time.

I've actually brought this up a couple times now and its amazing how different the answers are.

Almost as if each person has their own personal head canon as to why Steve Rogers would join an organization that tried to vaporize a city.

Nice deflection.

Who else noticed that Zack's dead daughter wasn't even mentioned in the credits?

Zack the hack Snyder

It's not like the others are any better.

No fucking way WB parts with DC. Despite it underperforming, it's still a profitable franchise and the Batfamily and their rogues are money makers.

Do we know who it is?

Is it The Rock?

Christ on a bike, the underwater scene stuff looked so, so terrible. They're going to make an entire movie in that setting and expect people to want to watch it? They can't even talk.

I think that Flash is gonna get rewritten into a full on comedy. Possibly a buddy cop comedy with Cyborg.

Do you really want that?
Because you realize that the lesson WB is most likely to learn is to give people a Joss Whedon Superman movie.

I think it's about time you stop pretending to know what audiences want.

Have you been under a rock? (lol)

He's been sitting on the role for ages, maybe since before Batman Begins, definitely before MoS

>they want to see WTF happened to Luke.

Actually oldfags don't. He was ruined. Younglings are fueling Disney Wars because they don't know better and they can identify with Darth Millennial.

> Sinestro
The amount of fucks I give is proportional to chances of Mark Strong playing him.

Henry Cavill is a dogshit actor, and yes, because of the DCEU, Superman is utterly irrelevant for the current modern day audience. I cant think of any kids out there who even really like him anymore. It's either Batman or the Marvel characters. He was so out of character that you will have to wait years (and by that I mean many) in order to get this one out of the public conciousness

I just want Momoa to call something Outrageous. There was a perfect spot for it in JL too.

This. Giant monsters just need a bigger push in general. Hopefully PR2 (and maybe Rampage?) can help with that before KOtM and GvK.

I have but one question:

How similar is Momoa's portrayal of Aquaman to best Aquaman

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

This is one of the reasons why I now hope for the DCEU to crash and burn so hard its wreckage can be seen from Mars. It's the only thing that will make WB stop making these train wrecks -- if doing so starts cutting into the execs' cocaine budgets, it'll stop. And that's the ONLY chance I have of seeing a decent Superman movie made in my lifetime. But even best case, it'll be YEARS before anyone can touch that IP again in live action, because Snyder fucked it all up so horribly.

I really hope King of the Monsters is hype and does not focus on the human conflict.

Give the people fuckoff huge monsters, Warner.

>Superman, on the other hand, is DEFINITELY dead. It's the 90's all over again.

saddest part of all

You know Mamoa was going to play Drax but he turned them down because the pay was shit. So even Disney wanted to fire the guy

>which is why I think they're building up to the Injustice League

Yeah, Luthor flat out saying it was probably the biggest give away

>>Disney or Universal will buy it out

You would have to be completely retarded to ever think this will happen

Rivers wind, like an S.
It's not that big a stretch, I can dig it.

>They just use their darker characters/vertigo properties and make adaptations of proven book-market sellers

Get ready for fucking Sandman, friends!

So we're those really kids? They sounded like female VA's. In fact the whole first hour was a cartoon. Once I realised that I started enjoying it only to have my mind blown by Batman's plan.

That's an established Aquaman who is married to Mera, King of Atlantis, and has a son.

Imagine Momoa Aquaman as his younger, more troubled youth when he's just recently lost his father and hasn't gotten reacquainted with/been more or less booted from Atlantis

>They also ignore all of Batman's crazy from BvS,
No they don't. He's still the same Batman throughout BvS, The Suicide Squad, and WW. He has plans. He's a little frightening. But mostly he's reckless, odd, and full of hot air.

>It's bad to the point where Batman is accusing Wonder Woman of failing to be another Superman, and inspire everyone.
Batman was a fish out of water. Completely out of his league. He sees people with more powers than him they can DO more than him. It's why he doesn't say " I'm a tactical strategist with Martial Art and detective skills" he just sees himself as a rich guy. When I said he's a little frightening I meant only to normal citizens. But every Superhero just stares him down and he's definetly not used to that. Even Gordon is a tad nervous.

>Wonder Woman has the Godslayer Sword back, inexplicably. It's only fake in Patty's film.
Uh... no. It's specifically stated that Wonder Woman IS the Godslayer. The sword was a story her mum told her because.... stuff would.. be bad if she knew?

>All of the controversial questions first posited by Jonathan and explored in the two movies are glossed over entirely.
Not really. Jonathan mostly believed Clark was sent for a reason and wanted him to figure ut out for himself. If anything this movie takes a step back for Superman to rediscover what his purpose is.

>All the hired Pajeets flooding the audience reviews with "5/5, graetest movie evar, show us bobs and vegena." are wasting their time.
Ad Hominem. But thanks for selective criticism.

Based on what? Your shitty opinion? Lol

Prediction; they'll introduce Raven later on and with a young Asian actor, to set up a different dynamic with Cyborg, assuming any sort of TT setup will end up coming into being.

Her absence will be explained by her initially popping up on earth in a isolated part of asia, instead of North America; first scene would be a squad of solders storming a abandoned temple, who promptly get wrecked by a black-haired grey skinned teenage girl with shadow powers horror-style.

A asian Raven actually wouldn't be a major change, given that she's half-alien half-demon and her classic design already includes a forehead gem and greyface, and might arguably fit. A angsty teenager with a demonic heritage and tragic backstory already hits half a dozen common asian media tropes already, so there's no particular reason why the DCEU wouldn't go that extra mile.

They'll make her an indian, and hence the red-dot.

He joined the World Security Council? I must have missed that.

Wasn’t there also a ‘dark universe’ which was going to start with that Mummy movie
But I’m pretty sure it’s getting shelved already since said movie failed

they've been trying to ressurect the old Universal monsters for years. First attempt was that Dracula movie and we know how that went. 2nd attempt was the Mummy and that fell flat too.

It's going to be hilarious that The Shape of Water would be a better start for a series of 'monster mash' movies then a movie about Dracula or the Mummy.

Shit, that would've been a good black lagoon film too.

I'd accept a Raven that's up and front blatantly influenced by the animu TT version, given that she's probably already being considered as a given that there's almost no reason to no have her given that they're mainlining Cyborg.