Is just me or Star vs plot is getting really complex for a cartoon for kids...

Is just me or Star vs plot is getting really complex for a cartoon for kids? That's like Steven Universe season 2 all over again, the villains are getting more dangerous and thei plains and motivations more and more detailed. The story is also getting darker and more pessimistic as it goes one with themes like racism and injustice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOEhoAbNTw4
youdubber.com/index.php?video=bOEhoAbNTw4&video_start=0&audio=s7L2PVdrb_8&audio_start=10
strawpoll.me/14414377/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>villains are getting more dangerous
They aren't really if you think about it, considering Star herself is also becoming more powerful. Though that just makes it more interesting, since she's uncovering issues that she can't just blast and is way over her head.

The themes of racism and injustice have been a part of the story since Mewnipendence Day in the first season, and there's as much optimism as pessimism regarding it. It's a nice balance, actually.

I like how Buff Frog went from adversary, to reluctant ally, to friend, to practically family.

I think this a good thing. They're clearly going somewhere good with it, and have written it all out beforehand based on the sheer amount of callbacks in this story.

Interesting character development, interesting characters, and a twisty turny plot.

It's like Gravity Falls if it had kept going a bit longer.

Is more like adventure time, Finn and Star used to be happy go lucky kids just wanting a little of adventure and fighting a harmless crazy guy(Ludo/Ice king) in almost every episode, however soon real villains show up and the protagonist start to see their adventures as a job they are forced to do rather than a fun hobbie and try to focus in their social/personal lives more however they get a chance.

nah, adventure time turned from surrealistic fantasy to tween novela

yeah, star now can change into what btfo toffee at will, plus she is making new allies with monsters, Eclipsa, and the royalty of other kingdoms. So far Heinous hasn't really shown herself to be as threatening as Toffee was.

Toffe is a threat because of his inteligence not his powers, he was never able to defeat Star in a direct battle even in his first episode.

Except that SU S2 is 95% filler while Star actually pays attention to its plot and has the villains involved frequently in things. Also the non-plot episodes can actually be funny, SU's non-plot episodes are usually annoying.

But the difference is that Toffee was always in the background present while the Lich wasn't mentioned until a few seasons in. Adventure Time was about the Adventure, Star is about the Forces of Evil.

They're trying to tie up all the loose ends from previous seasons by pulling shit out of their arse. As for the racism, it's starting to feel like forced acceptance and all the other tolerance BS that Disney has been making recently.

>tfw starfag autists post

>pulling shit out of their arse
>Nefcy not having the show's entire plot all figured out

>Dedicating almost the entire first half of season 3 to half-assed ship teasing
>Complex

It was literally just the lava lake episode.

This IS the new thread, right?

One of the many. Faggots can't keep their shit in one place.

>loose ends
>eclipsa was mentioned long before she actually appeared
>Ms. Heinous was already speculated to be a butterfly because of her cheek marks
>loose ends

How fucking retarded are you?

Probably due to problems resulting from inserting large objects anally.

Kids aren't all retarded. Shows just like to treat them as such.

He's a /sug/ refugee, let him be...

>That's like Steven Universe season 2 all over again
so it's going from dogshit to absolute dogshit?

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=bOEhoAbNTw4

>All that Star dialogue

Star vs Moon and the MHC confirmed.

>comparing SvtFoE to Steven Universe

I've watched enough of both to tell you that's a god-damned insult to Star vs.

>Not Star vs Moon vs Eclipsa vs Meteora

youdubber.com/index.php?video=bOEhoAbNTw4&video_start=0&audio=s7L2PVdrb_8&audio_start=10

It's a new age for Mewni

You use Young Moon for her portrait?

The promo did.

>themes like racism and injustice.
There's Dr. Seuss books about that, I don't see why it's a problem here.

I'm sorry, I had a small stroke. Why was the portrait of Young Moon used here, instead of her as an adult?

>Is just me or Star vs plot is getting really complex for a cartoon for kids?

No. It ain't got shit on Gargoyles.

Dr. Seuss is older than anybody on this board.

Not sure, maybe it'll make more sense later on? Might mean younger generations working together against the older ones.

tvtropes pls go and stay go

>Game of Throne references
>Butterfly Family in General

Star: I don't even know who my own family is anymore!

>yfw Star learns what her family has done, and how fucked up they are later this season.

There was a transition from outright post-post apocalyptic fantasy to surrealistic fantasy around the time when the cosmic stuff started to overtake the existing secondary plot (going from the Mushroom War backstory focus towards the comet stuff) but the romance
stuff's always been in play since the beginning. Him going from having a crush to dating's someone else is called character development.

There's been racism in Star vs Whatever? What did she call someone a nigger?

>there's an entire episode devoted to an older caste who praise Solaria as a messiah, regularly salute each other, greet each other with "Praise Solaria!", and sing a native Mewman song oddly similar to Deuschland Uber Alles

Star doesn't call people niggers, but Moon straight-up called Buff Frog a baby-eating Commie fat fuck who "needs to get his amphibian ass back over that goddamn Wall" to go back to masturbating to Marxist fantasies of tearing down the establishment.

What? I remember watching Gargoyles in elementary with the other kids. The plotlines were far more numerous and interwoven than anything Star has.

no no. she did call an italian student a wop though

I want to proceed my next statement by saying Gargoyles is a very good show, an example of what children's cartoons could accomplish given censorship and before soccer moms were helicopter parenting networks. However, if you were to watch it now, you would tell that "intricate plotlines" were literally Xanatos pulling shit out of his ass and the universe bending to his will because they had to make Lex Luthor look like a bitch next to him.

>this autismo
>star vs fans in general
Your show is pic related , yet ou think is 2deep and the writing is amazing

>Interesting character development
i mean cmon

Look at how deep this plot is, though.

Also how mosnters suffer prejudice unless they rich or related to some politician.
>He's a bird with human legs how he's not a mosnter?
>well star...he's rich

They call merfolk "seaple" which is the equibalent of "nigger"

That's what I really like about this show. Star is going out of her way to prove that everyone is equal and the same, even though what would be good is praising people for their differences and what makes them all unique. Not only that, she's inherently racist herself, especially against dolphins and other aquatic life, yet rails on others for being racist. It's pretty spot-on.

>/sug/ refugee
>shitting on "forced acceptance and tolerance"
it's another russian bot playing both sides

Star WAS racist in the early episodes

pic related is you

LEAKED IMAGE OF STAR VS STORYBOARD

What is wrong with you? Everyone's agreeing that Star is going to make legitimately awful choices when it comes to liberty, equality, and fraternity, to the point where everyone is going to give her so much shit about she might as well become the villain. This is probably the only show trying to show a PATH to the moral, instead of the moral itself.

nah , your pic is a blank picture that was plot driven """"character"""""

He’s not pure though, he’s just a homo

I just caught-up with season 3 and the show just seems to be getting better and better tbqh. I don't get the complaints.

all these kids have so many problems. how dont they constantly bad trip on goblin dogs?

>i like teen drama
is ok user , you are a loser or gay

Jackiefags are retarded

Just now noticed this.

simply ebin

Don't make her cry

>Just now stole this from the subreddit

OUT
OUT
GET OUT OF MY SECRET CLUBHOUSE

Forced acceptance? Monster Bash ended with Star realizing she couldn't force two people with a long standing conflict to come together so easily. The confrontation of discrimination in cartoon storylines has been around quite a while, it's nothing new. Way back when it was usually in the form of "a very special episode", but still.

good thing you are a mermaid
star autismos are so stupid holy fuck

This is Sup Forums. There need be no other reason for the complaints.

>Using the gay version
Here let me help you user
strawpoll.me/14414377/r
Remember who is best girl

Jackie confirmed second best, that's saying something

Guys, seriously, where is the drive? I need to binge like 20 episdes.

Is Star Butterfly on the autism spectrum?

No spoonefeeding faggot.

See you space cowboy jpeg

yes. thats how she started as. she was an autistic little girl with no friends who pretended she was a princess fighting monsters, but really she was a gross smelly retard bothering hard working people.

she kept a lot of that autism when the show got picked up

Fuck you men, everyone forgot to post that shit on the threads.
I refuse to bleed my eyes streaming it

you tell me

Everyone was posting Mega links and Drive links retard. Beg harder.

poor Marco

I'm not seeing you posting them snowflake

Are... goblin dogs weed? It's kind of strange, but the first time experience of someone who smoked alot of cannabis may experience a sort of "trip", but once you use it daily, you don't get nearly as "high" anymore and you can function much easier.

Maybe they just have a tolerance to it now.

Who's problem is that?

>weed
Looks like an acid trip to me.
t. Man who's never used recreational drugs

I'm not actually on the spectrum at all, I'm just weird, and I do that all the time. I've taken the tests, in fact, they implied I was very NOT autistic. So basically, I don't even get to have an excuse for being such a weirdo. But when I see Star being a weird, quirky girl like this, I can't help but love her.

I literally just took a bong rip 10 minutes ago. Are you telling me you know people who take acid daily and have functional lives? You missed the point completely.

>grown-ass man making those weird noises
Fucking kek now I wanna do it.

Well, maybe not THAT level. Maybe Star IS a little bit autistic. But then I guess I like autistic girls. Good for me I guess!

Sorry dude, I don't fuckin know. I guess it's like weed.

Go look in archive faggot

Not really. Adventure Time went full mindscrew and randomly picks up or drops storylines.

no way. pot doesnt trip like that at all. pot doesnt even trip unless you get real stupid and massively overdose.

goblin dogs are more powerful. much more powerful. someone once said that the trip looks similar to what someone might experience on peyote. i dont know how true this is and i know everything trips differently but im assuming peyote, lsd, and mushrooms can give a similar effect. for now im assuming goblin dogs are 100% made of mushrooms shaped into a sausage

wahhhh my show is better

Her name is Meteora? Why not something sensible like Stellaria or Nebula?

Those names may have been taken already. I don't think two members of the royal lineage can have the same name.

I've been away for four months. Is this what Star threads are like now?

Is a show for little kids, they wouldn't know what nebula/stellaria is, hell I don't know what nebula/stellaria is.

Just stream the episodes.

>show for little kids
>drinking
>drugs
>sex
>murder
>death
>trauma
>show for little kids

You missed like, a really active two weeks and now everyone's burnt completely the fuck out.

What's complex?
Everything in the show is pretty straight forward. Sure, there are a lot of hints about something deeper if you look hard enough and jump to conclusions. But once you get past all the fan theories the show just gives you basic "this is good and this is bad".

It was better when we weren’t on hiatus now the threads are deteriorating

No. They're still the same. Maybe even a little worst, or better depending on how you feel about them normally.

We usually fluctuate. Give it time, and we'll revert to our little autistic selves again. I just pray we get some new AUs from the bits of lore we got, or at least some more shipping/cucking art and writing.