Is Jeff Jones the worst comic book writer of all time?

Is Jeff Jones the worst comic book writer of all time?

Infinity crisis and blackest night were awesome events.

Hey Bendis, how's it going?

No. He's just baby's first comic writer.

No, that would be Blind Tuck Finnegan, the obscure Marvel writer from 1947 known for having exactly one page published before being let go from the company.

Turns out Marvel made a terrible miscalculation letting a literally-blind person try their hand at literally writing a comic book.

He does have some really good books tho but then Sup Forumsntrarians will deny this.

What is Chuck Austin

He's the second best writer DC has after Bendis.

Bendis
Chuck Austen
Rob Liefield
Spencer

Those guys that write one image book and nobody ever hears from them again.

Sure, Benis.

This
Geoff has his ups and downs, but this best works overshadow the worst. It's just Sup Forumstrarians shitting up this board again.

Yes, Geoff Johns on the other hand is alright.

No, he's just mediocre and has written nothing actually good. There are a lot worse writers out there.

He's a giant fan boy which is a big turn off for me, people who are playing with toys more than actually writing.

It's laughable that he harps so much about wanting to make comics " fun" again when he's guilty of some of the worst edge in modern DC.

He never made anything game changer but he's a pretty consistent writer, after hundreds of stories he never had a "bendis moment" something that made me think "wow bro wtf are you doing niggah"

However he feels more like a cartoon writer more than a comic writter.

He made scarecrow fun to me instead of a joker number 2 so that's a feat

all of his fans are either retarded or faggots
huge overlap actually

he's literately Bendis but without any actual awards or creator owned content

Well, he has more experience with Uber than comics, so yes, he sucks at writing comics.

I don't remember Geoff ever making sjw bait or pushing any character as some special snowflake, also he never sucked his own dick like bendis always do.

>44 years old
>still looks like a 23 year old

How he does that? I'm 24 and already look older than him.

His Booster Gold stuff alone is enough to make him good in my eyes.

>pushing any character as some special snowflake
Are you serious?

Did batgirl or some other teenager took over Kahndaq for the lulz or something?

>What is Flash Rebirth
>What is Green Lantern Rebirth

Cereal does a body good.

>who is Simon Baz & Jessica Cruz
>who is Barry
>what is the shit that is Flashpoint being adapted into tv shows, animated movies and the actual Flash movie

Also, his Booster Gold.
>Hurr Durr Booster is the greatest hero ever; He just pretends to be retarded.

I get Barry a little but everyone with speed force is nigh unstoppable, but Jessica and Simon? I fail to see their special snowflake status. And maybe Flashpoint gets adapted becasue people like flashpoint?

Blackest Night was a fucking trash fire.

Barry was retconned as being the fucking originator of the Speed Force, despite the lore clearly stating that it existed long before him.
You asked for SJW bait, you got two characters.
And nobody except for brainlets likes Flashpoint.

but now Barry made the speedforce
and Simon and Jess were SJW bait and so is Cyborg on the JL league
and Flashpoint is horrible edgy shit

Those are veteran heroes that saved the world dozens of times, and honestly they didn't feel anymore pushed than captain america , tony stark or reed richards are.

Marvel in ther other hand give us literally dozens of teenagers characters, each one of them being considered genius at Reed Richards lvl without even doing anything, getting fanfiction like powers to be seem as superior than classic heroes(Silk and MIles) and taking over entire nations and villains that threatened the entire for world for literally fun.

I never saw DC do anything like Iron Heart Miles Morales,Silk,Cho Hulk, Valeria Richards,Moon girl and etc.

THe closest I can think of is Damian wayne but he's nothing special so far, he got btfo by literally every single older Robin and no one takes him seriously.

That's not me

How the fuck are they SJW bait aside form jus tbeing minorities, SImon's islamic background is only relevant a little bit during his introduction but his main thing is that he's a car thief, Jessica's heritage has NOTHING to do with her character and everything to do with her anxiety. have we really reached a point where you just see a woman anywhere you automatically think "bait"?

>Simon and Jessica
>veteran heroes
Is this bait? Also fuck Barry, he was better off dead.

How are Simon and Jessica special snowflakes? They are hilariously imcopetent Green lanterns when compared to every single previous hero that hold this mantle.And they are not sjws characters, they don't bitch at racism or privilege, Kamala int he other hand do it in every single story.

HIS NAME IS GOEFF GHONS!!!!!

>Every non-white characters are SJWs bait
You could just tell us from the start that you don't read comics.

They're just Sup Forumstards who screech at any kind of diversity, even if it's done well like Simon and Jessica.

What's wrong, Sup Forumsmblr? Triggered?

>They're veteran heroes
And nobody asked for them.

I can't blame them, people got paranoid after Marvel nearly replacing all their characters for minority token mary sues.

But it reached the point that if people released street fighter or x-men today people would call it sjw propaganda.

There is many sjw characters today but not every non white guy is one.

Not by a long shot.
I mean there's Bendis, Spencer, Dixon, Chaykin, Cotes, Hudlin, and sometimes Mcdufffie, not to mention all the fly-by-night guys from the 90s or all the "I'm from a middle-class family and I'm sad" biocomic hipsters.

But how they're special snowflakes? When you are a veteran and/or the founder of an idea people will see you as a big deal.

Batman,Flash,Captain America and mister fantastic earned their place though decades of development, Moon girl and Silk in the other hand are already seen as the best without doing anything, they are getting powers without any explanation.

Even those guys wrote something good once in a while, and Chaykin is a fucking legend. They don't deserve to be compared with cereal hack.

No. I nominate Bendis or Neal Adams

He just needs some help with the dialogue.

that sure doesn't look like Charles Soule.

He's one of the best.

>he never made anything game changer

Except Green Lantern, his run is the best.

youre a trash fire

jokes aside blackest night is a fuckin masterpiece compared to brightest day

So this is just one of those threads where one or two people will repeatedly insist that a writer is shit and either endlessly shift the goal posts or dismiss one of their good works as shit whenever someone tries to argue against them?

I dunno I just read this so I’d have to say Neal Adams.

>All the characters from minorities are sjw bait
Autism detected

welcome to late night Sup Forums pal, pull up a chair and grab a drink

I had to do like 8 fucking captchas just to post wtf

>not liking Geoff Johns
there are some edgy fucks in this thread I'm guessing your just Moorefags

Literally no one knows DC like Johns does. The guys a walking encyclopedia.

Paranoia isn't an excuse to be a stupid retard.

I would say morrison does, he wrote a book that was mostly about the history of comics, both marvel and DC

though you could argue that hes not technically at DC though

Of course, this is like the 3rd Johns thread this week. It's pretty shit since if you like the guy nothing you can say will make them dislike him and vice versa so it just becomes a stupid shitfest.

I miss when night time Sup Forums was significantly better than daytime Sup Forums since all the kids went to sleep.

Reminds me of power level threads.

Moore definitely knows a lot but he also researches the fuck out of stuff when doing a book. Whereas Johns just knows basically everything off the top of his head.

So you're just gonna pretend the dude who writes America doesn't exist? It's a good idea but still

Johns just gets shat on Sup Forums because Johnsfags hype up his mediocre to decent work. They will constantly elevate his GL or Flash as one of the best capeshit runs of all time. It's the Snyder effect where a not bad run will be called shit on Sup Forums because it's somehow popular with casuals.

His best work was a decade and a half ago, and he's been consistenly underwhelming since. It's not really hard to think of him as a shit writer.

Mark Waid easilly beats him in that. The guy's an autist, but he's read everything DC ever published.

Johns' knowledge of DC is myopic and fanboyish, and he disregards continuity more than he acknowledges it.

YES!

Johns is the edgy one, you stupid fuck.

His GL run was cool, his Prime too, but everything else was shit.

>muh ess jay doublejew tumblr boogeymen

Prime was shit through and through. One fun meta issue does not excuse all the horribleness that came before it.

I loved Prime, you never could expect what he was doing next because of the character existencial crisis of not being able to decide if everyone was a comic character or not, was like Deadpool kill marvel universe but better.

>if you like something nothing you can say will make others stop hating it and vice versa so it just becomes a stupid shitfest.
Welcome to Sup Forums.

Waid does, he and Gruenwald would have trivia contests at panels.
Orlando apparently is pretty encyclopedic as well, he wanted to bring the trivia contest thing back with waid.

Neal Adams I'm 99% sure he knows he's writing the most ridiculous shit ever and just loves doing it for kicks.

t. brainlet
>, but this best works overshadow the worst
now that is bullshit

Are you retarded? Darkseid War was as bad as the worst shit bendis has done.

Kek he was balding in his late 30's he got hairplugs back in 2014

Prime is the most juvenile, immature shit I've ever seen (the concept, not the character, who is obviously pretty immature himself by design). It's just a way for Johns to shit on characters he doesn't like, and he gets away with it because they're not popular. Literally Bendis-tier bullshit.

fuck you i named my dog booster you cheeky cunt

Bendis?

Post your dog you filthy slut

So he's gwenpool?

Worst? Not by FAR. Most overrated? Kinnda.

He's not the worst but he's probably the most overrated, especially on here. Everything he does comes off as robotic and lacking in any genuine emotion or sincerity.

Yeah, except where Gwenpool appeals to waifufags, Prime appeals to powerlevelfags. You can very easily tell the kind of people who like SBP are the same kind of people who like DBZ.

I like DBZ and hate Prime. Then again maybe it's the type of character you like i.e. Krillin Chads have no need of power level shit like Saiyanfags.

I don't get the Johns hate lately. Barring one mediocre Flash run (which he had previously had a great run) and one mediocre Justice League run his work is pretty much solid. Even Flashpoint is at least decent if you ignore the reboot.

Is it just moviefags? There are better writers sure but this Johns is shit crap is pretty dumb.

Damian is meant to be a bragging little shitter who gets put in his place by others. I would wager many of his supposed feats are just exaggerations.

Admittedly, I mostly mean the dick measuring idiots who start Superman vs. Goku arguments all the time.

>I don't get the Johns hate lately.
>Is it just moviefags?

If you notice, OP couldn't even get his name right so I assume he's actually from Sup Forums

>OP couldn't even get his name right
It's a meme, you dip. Jesus Christ, what a waste of quads on a stupid fucking moron.

>It's a meme, you dip

Wow, "great" defense OP

I'm not OP, I'm just telling you it's a common meme

>he disregards continuity more than he acknowledges it.
Nigga what?

he basically threw away an entire decade worth of characterization and history
fuck Johns and his fags who have never read anything else

Johns loves retcons.

>t. Wally or Kylefag

>Jeff Jones
>Worst writer
Check out Crossed - Badlands. 91-92 and look at where the writer is currently.

or Spectrefan?

t. Cerealfag

Neal Adams is a secret comedic genius