Cartoon's art gets worse with time

>Cartoon's art gets worse with time

Gotta make it cheaper so they can shit more episodes out.

Technology changes over time.

pic unrelated? Or is your point to quote people who say that by providing contradictory evidence?

>Cartoon's art only slightly improves with time

Wow. The left looks a bit more visually interesting that the right. The right is way too symmetrical.

Looks like they shrunk.

Left
>right contour of face randomly juts out of shirt
>right hand weirdly teleports through pants so we can see the whole arm, for some reason
>legs coming out of the wrong place
>feet angled very awkwardly
>lip-nose connection looks stupid
Right
>left arm too long
>copypasted legs
>face is a mess

I dunno, in the first image they're inside a metal bush

I can’t give a critique of the art, but the colors got obnoxiously bright in the later episodes.

Honestly the problem with EE&E was that they started running out of ideas and progression for their small character base and they weren't about to start introducing randoms for individual episodes.

They both look good in my opinion.

The only difference I see is the eyes

It's a shitty picture desu. There are noticeable differences but you can't see them in that pic

I meant their body proportions.

Backyardigans started when television 3D animation was abysmally basic, and ended by the time television 3D had gotten somewhat acceptable

>Cartoon's art completely changes with time

E,E,E's art style was changed because the original animator died.

I like both, but honestly don't think the show would've lasted long if the art style didn't evolve.

Of all the examples of animation improving why would Backyardigans be your go-to?

There are a lot of autists who still religiously watch preschooler shows. Not even ones with an attempt at decent writing like VeggieTales or you know, but straight-up bottom of the barrel.

I missed buff dragon jake

My god S9.1 (Pre 2nd Movie S9) SpongeBob was terrible. Stiff animation, sterile and horrible (sometimes even strangleable) character designs (especially SpongeBob's), slow pacing even in running scenes, anger in characters like even Squidward being grating as hell with the bottom eyelids going halfway up the eyes at times, slowly paced out humor, etc. S10 and S11 are much funnier. S4-5 and hell even 6, 7, and maybe 8 were funnier. Hands down my least favorite era of the show.

MY LITTLE PONY

You could actually and unironically make a virgin vs chad meme with this.

Spongebob's animation looks great nowadays, it's almost as good as S1's. Too bad it's not nearly as funny.

Art switch was so jarring, that it made me stop watching the show. Anyone know if the later half of the show was any good?

Disney would only give them a second season if they accepted half the budget. Same with The Replacements.

Are you talking about S10 and S11?

Backyardigans was one of the highest quality pre-shcool shows there is

S9.1 (pre 2nd movie S9) SpongeBob was the worst.

I honestly prefer old, it's more down to earth, everyone in S5 is always weird and over the top and it gets really tiring.

1>3>2

That's not a problem with Steven Universe.

yeah it was always shit

Exactly.

>3 over 2

The WORST offender. Dropped the show because of this.

>Characters go back in time
>Wonder why things look different.

Ed Edd N Eddy never had a low point, even as a kid I liked the change of location and pace that the school episodes had, and all the specials are good. The finale movie is great as well and was fucking event when it showed on Cartoon Network for the first time

Its actually pretty good, most of the redesigns are pretty good, with the obious expetion of Jake himself who looked terryble.

shut up pleb

>MC has a complete voice change
>older episodes are redubbed with the new voice

if this happens to gumball, i'll cry.

I SWEAR TO GOD I'M NOT CRAZY
I ALSO KNOW THAT POOF WASN'T IN THOSE EPISODES BEFORE

STILL TRIGGERS SOME PEOPLE ON Sup Forums

There's nothing wrong with this.

I unironically liked the new style more that the old one.

The second season is almost universally agreed to be a hell of the lot better than the first.

I like all 3

reminder that 2012 she worked at the rainbow factory but then it blew up

>Technology improves
>Art gets shit
What kind of world are we living in

Look at Tumblr
Then look at any painting in the louvre

redesign makes a lot more sense than the original design
>comes from a family of chinese dragons
>he's an european dragon for some reason

>>older episodes are redubbed with the new voice

I hate this so much for almost any kind of media.

Look at what on tumblr? There are a lot of great artist on tumblr who aren't "tumblr "artist"'
>Then look at any painting in the louvre
Mostly painted for powerful aristocrats and religious elites that while, clearly was created by skilled artist, is visually boring.

Jake looks more likable and a lot of the characters look cuter and "more relaxed"? I think the first art style was too clean but maybe that's because I got used to the second style. The show also got better when the style changed.

It makes sense that his dragon form looks scrawny because he's just a small teenaged boy. Also what this guy said,

i miss smooth-talking cosmo

How has no one posted the Simpsons yet?

I miss old spongebob.

I see more talented artists on tumblr honestly. any schmuck can learn how to draw realistically.

Nu-Simpsons art is so fucking soulless

Not OP, but... early Spongebob is way more dynamic. Look at the exaggerate perspective and curved stature. Even his shoes are posed at different angles. Right is just... sterile.

Are you saying the should have?

just gotta ask, is there anyone else out there that sort of hates this Mickey design?

yeah, the one they use in those retro styled shorts is my favorite so far

They would never. There's way too many seasons behind them.

I hated his trendy 90's redesing the most

what's best spongebob?

Disgusting

I hate everything about this. the coloring is vomit inducing. completely soulless and made solely for.... plates? I don't even know what. nothing I'd want to own. maybe a mcdonald's plastic cup or some shit.

Mickey with eyebrows just wasn't right.

did the replacements have an art style change? I remember the show but can't remember any details

Yes, I've always disliked the tan faced Mickey. It makes him look like a weird faced midget in a gimp suit.

I hate this gif so much.

why does blinking cause marge's whole head to move?

wassup, mah nigga? HOO HOO

I noticed that the even newer/extremely recent episodes look even worse...or weirder. Homer and Smithers stand out the most with looking different.

can't unsee.

He wasn't born into this world to have brows

The tanned part of his face stands out too much and the way the body is drawn just looks....off.

That bush looked like such a comfy hideout

You can almost hear the whip crack on the modern one.

ALRIGHT! I WANT THIS IMPOSTER OUT OF HERE! DON'T MAKE ME GET MEDIEVAL ON YOUR ASS!

Oh my god. My mom once bought me a shirt with this smarmy eyebrow mickey on it telling me it was from Disneyland and I didn't want to believe it I started crying saying' "THAT'S CHINESE MOM THEY SCAMMED YOU"

Love my old school mickey
I want him to have guns go hunting and drink beer again.

Of course it's from Florida

Powerful eye muscles

>Walt Disney lived long enough to see this.

Yeah, it's almost like that's where Disney World is or something.