Why is Heaven almost always depicted as a place where the saintliness of the place gets boring...

Why is Heaven almost always depicted as a place where the saintliness of the place gets boring? I'm not completely religious or anything, but how can you get bored of Heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi#Abuse_and_murder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they not mention Ann Marie because her VA died?

Everything gets boring eventually, no matter how good it is. I like to imagine real heaven, if it exists, is something more abstract so you can't. However, since we can only picture heaven with our own notions of what paradise looks like, it's limited. Therefore the version of hevean people come up with can be so amazing before it just gets boring to think about.

Heaven is a place on earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM

The concept of heaven has always been arbitrary and retarded; I'm not sure why you think this is new.

Because otherwise there wouldn't be a plot.

Context is important. We usually see this sort of view of heaven from very unsaintly characters like Charlie Barkin.

I remember there was an episode of American Dad where they all got bored of their personal heavens. Unless I'm imagining it.

It depends on the piece of fiction. Heaven is what you want it to be.

Plot demands it.

Heaven is the end of all conflict and struggle, which is bad for any narrative.

>end of all conflict and struggle
Tell that to Lucifer.

>confuses heaven with the Silver City

But I remember learning that he was cast out of Heaven.

>Why is Heaven almost always depicted as a place where the saintliness of the place gets boring?

Lack of conflict. Why do you think Hell exists?

I guess on the flipside if you'd get bored of heaven you'd get used to hell.

But it's not like purgatory has anything spicy. It's just a stagnant realm in-between.

There's a school of thought that postulates that heaven and hell are the same thing but filtered through the moral baggage of each person: what for some are the eternal fires of damnation, for others is the pure light of love

Fedora tippers. It's literally that simple.
Christfags (real christfags, not mormons or westbros) don't pull the trigger on it because there's very little description of it in the bible beyond "indescribable." You're in your 'perfect body' in a place of unity and harmony and connection to the one God. Good luck working that into a structural narrative.

Surely heaven would have just the right amount of conflict to keep the people involved engaged and entertained without upsetting them. I'm as atheist as the next guy but "lol heaven would be boring" is just asinine as a concept. I'm sure a supreme being would be able to design a set of stimulus to keep his pet monkeys happy.

I guess it's like the "Paradise matrix effect" were humans were put in a reality where no one suffered and everyone was happy. It was designed an Utopian realm where one's desires would manifest. However, souls have no free will because they are under the absolute law of God just like angels annd others.

I don't care if Charlie had a bit of character development at the end of the first movie, he should have gone to hell. Or at least not ended up so easily back in heaven after scaring me for life with "You can never come back".

>constant white
>no sex
>probably no good tv
>everyone around you is a conceited morally “holyer then though” douche
Or maybe im wrong, and when i finally kill myself in twenty years ill be having a blast playing doom with dylan kleboid and laughing at old WWII donald duck cartoons with hitler. All i know is heaven without my waifus would be pretty shit and not really heaven

>hurr durr everyone i dont like is a fedora
Kill yourself and shove youre shit church sponserd meme up your ass. Being in conmection with god all eternity sounds boring anyways

Isnt it the same fucking thing?

No, the Silver City is basically the throne of God and cannot be seen by mortals.

I could see that happening imagine a board where all the assholes where cointained with each other and all the rest where on their own board.

One would be a hellish landscape of Sup Forums memes and shitpost and the other would have actual constructive conversations.

those people are disgusting sinners who have convinced themselves that eternal paradise is a bad thing so they don't feel too bad when they end up in hell

what comic said that

Pretty much everything fun is seen as bad/sinful - if only boring people go to heaven, then heaven must be a boring place.

Can Superman see the Silver City?

Sandman: Season of Mists

JLA: Paradise Lost

>waifu[s]
You're not going to heaven when you've broken the cardinal rule of having a waifu.

Ow, the edge.

There won't be any shows besides Touched by an Angel.

Who is Ann Marie?

The little girl from All Dogs Go to Heaven. She was played by Judith Barsi.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi#Abuse_and_murder
>Judith was last seen riding her bike on the morning of July 25, 1988. That evening, József shot her in the head while she was sleeping, and then murdered Maria. He spent the next two days wandering around the house, and said during a phone conversation with Judith's agent the next night that he intended to move out for good, and just needed time to "say goodbye to my little girl." He then poured gasoline on the bodies and set them on fire. After incinerating the bodies, he went to the garage and shot himself in the head with a .32 caliber pistol.

that's some /x/ shit.

You're dumb lol

>being this touched

If God has the power to do anything then he can certainly create a heaven that people won't get bored of, this isn't that hard to get.

People take a simplistic view of heaven as a place where everything is infinitely abundant and everything is great forever.

This made perfect sense in the ages before the modern age because nobody knew what the results of endless abundance are. Modern society now shows us too much food makes us fat, too much mindless entertainment leaves us mindless, and too much time without conflict and challenge can rot us. The view of the "perfect place" is no longer just a place of infinite abundance.

A heavenly place where everyone has abundance but learns to moderate themselves and become good people isn't very exciting to depict in most shows.

If you want to know what heaven should be, ask yourself what you'll do once you can make simulated AI worlds where you shape and change reality. You could then eat all the cheeseburgers and not get fat, play all the vidya, have all the waifus. But will limitless abundance really make you happy? Nope. Not forever, anyway.

Because the meme of living a life of saintliness would be bland and boring leading to an eternity with such people living by those morals still would be bland and boring as well, coupled with the total lack of conflict to shake things up.
I mean it's mostly for a joke anyways, most people probably don't think Heaven would actually be boring.

>most people probably don't think Heaven would actually be boring.

Are you really sure?

Because for the most part everything pleasurable is a sin. Can't over eat and be lazy all day cause of sloth, sex would be very boring and only with one partner if there is even sex in heaving since you can't be fruitful and multiply. It goes back to the old sayings without pain how does one know true pleasure?

I'm inclined to agree with him

not everyone is as cynical and jaded as Sup Forums is

There's another that says souls end up there anyway, eventually.

Hell is more of a waystation where you "launder your karma" until you can be sent on.

anons with multiple waifus go to hell, you dirty polygamist

The Christian Heaven is a misconception, all that have died are literally rotting in the ground. Heaven will be on earth with God as king and everyone with a perfect resurrected body. This is the real Christian canon.