Not that bad

Anyone else who's seen this struggling to see why it's being hated so much? It was really enjoyable with barely any of the things that made BvS shit. Yes the villain was lacklustre but the team had good chemistry and the film was fun. It's at least as good as both avengers movies, I honestly don't understand the hate.

A lot of the hate is people who haven't seen it, the retarded "why would aquaman care about water levels hurrr" thread proved it.

>DC fan
>Struggles to understand simple things
can't say I'm surprised

Saw it today, enjoyed it. There are certainly things I would have done differently but I could say the same about plenty of cape movies.

>WW acting wasn't as horrendous as many are saying on /co&tv/. Still sigh at the up-skirt shots. I'd look forward to seeing more of her and Bruce.

>Cyborg could have possibly used more screen time. Thought his overall coldness was actually quite fitting.

>Batfleck, best Batman. The first scenes really felt like Gotham, will be genuinely disappointed if he doesn't get a solo movie.

>Appreciate what they've done with Aquaman, felt like the under-water fight scene could have felt more powerful. Hook hand when?

>Flash made good light comic relief, The 'Pet Cemetary' being the highlight imo. Also... I like the suit.

>Supes felt more polished. Though I wasn't big on how they brought him back, I was happy with how he turned up to the boss fight.

>Steppenwolf could certainly have been better, this is one of the few criticisms I agree with. He did not feel like a 'World Destroyer'. Though he won't be the first or last shit villain.

Best Bits:
>Supes talking to the kids
>First Gotham scenes
>Lantern
>Commissioner Gordon
>League vs Supes (including Batmans 'Big Guns' at the end)
>'I didn't bring a sword' quip
>Atlantians
>Supes in final fight
>Flash saving civilians
>Post credit scenes

Will be re-watching this one for sure.

Ssshhh... you will attract Marvelfags and Sup Forumscrossposters.

The only thing I didn't like was the Flash. The actor, the jokes, the costume, him tripping all the time. Not many people in the theater laughed at his jokes. And I'm not even a huge Barry fan or anything, I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I were

>Steppenwolf could certainly have been better
he absolutely shit on every last thing that was thrown at him except for the kryptonian at the end. This person, (stated by someone during the movie maybe batman or amazons, idr who), was the only reason he left Earth alone for so long, so it doesn't make sense that everyone was so surprised at how step was shut down at the end

I'm not very familiar with Apokolips characters' power levels, in the comics do they absolutely get curbstomped by Supes like in the movie or was it because he was already a bit tired from fighting the rest of the JL and Supes was rested? By the way I really liked how Supes was at least a couple tiers higher than Wonder Woman and Aquaman, just as it should be imo

It sucked, sorry.

Just could have seemed more menacing is all I'm saying. Also they said that he had lost his mind? Was this only portrayed in him calling the boxes 'Mother'?

Waiting on end credits now. I enjoyed it. The end battle was a little been there done that, but over all not bad. The cg mustache removal is hilarious it's noticeable in 90% of the time you see Superman.

I described it to my friends as "C+, but I appreciate and felt the plus"

Don't you have dedicated threads for this kind of thing? You must be pretty needy to want to post that in this one.

>ITT butthurt comic fans clinging to the false belief that there's one true canon and angry that the movie didn't follow it

the movie was great and just like marvel does, they're making up all new stories for the characters

Post your reaction to the post-credits.

I was watching the tash and it was not that bad man, just a few seconds worth - just enough to be made into a meme.

>T-There's no way Thor's making a billion

You need... friends.

>the movie was great
Oh come the fuck on.

this makes me think Berry allen is the type to post this shit.

good question, I honestly don't remember if they ever actually fought
but also, remember the movie is a new adaptation of the story, see

>It was really enjoyable with barely any of the things that made BvS shit.
Let me ask you a question. What, in your mind, where the complaints about BvS?
Because to me, the complaints about structure and pacing are still there, the only difference is that last time I got told that I was a liar and those problems didn't exist, and this time I'm being told I'm a liar and those problems don't exist but if they do its the studio and whedon's fault.

How about you just stop making bad decisions with your life?

Did you watch the Ultimate Edition?

If not, you'll never know.

One of my room mates is a hard core redditor/marveldrone. We saw it yesterday, he was laughing and said holy shit in amazement a few times, but still his knee jerk reaction after the credits was "that was horrible"

The hivemind has decided they don't like DC and there's no changing it until someone accuses Robert Downey Jr of farting in front of a woman once.

There were some glaring issues with the movie, like they could have done better giving you an idea of the New Gods and just where Steppenwolf came from, some of the bickering between the leaguers felt dumb as shit and some other things, but over all it was still an enjoyable movie.

>why it's being hated

CGI

reshoots disaster

Affleck being a trainwreck

Gadot can't act

Bad Flash

generic McGuffin plot, no-name villain

the mustache

Why? You're the one getting upset, not me.

Also, I like the intent of trying to make the tone a bit lighter, but the bits of whedon humor clash so fucking much with the tone and voice of the characters.

Batman who has gotten old and grizzled saying things like "Yep, somethings bleeding" just feels off as fuck

Literally on the same level of shit as the last Transformers, except pretentiously unaware of how retarded it is. Tone matters.

I agree with you. Steppenwolf was at least better than Doomsday and Ares, thus being miles better than most Marvel Villians.

ITT: DCfriend apologize and shuffle their feet and forgive elements in a movie that would have them howling with mockery at a MCU film.

Let's face up to it. This is the worst thing Joss Whedon has ever put his name behind. It's not the worst Zack Snyder effort (Sucker Punch) or the worst ZS DC effort (BvS) but the memory of BvS is pretty fresh in the minds of audiences.

It opens with an awkward uncanny valley Superman that makes everyone think "does he have a harelip? Features a rote villain who looks like he jumped out of World of Warcraft and worships boxes. Diminishes Batman's characterization further (amazingly), muddles the resolution of the popular Wonder Woman movie, turns Flash into a spastic Jewish Chris Tucker, and even manages to make Lois Lane's annoying character even worse.

The movie gives up rationalizing all the thematic mistakes of the earlier Snyder films and instead just ignores them completely. Human angst over aliens? What's that?
Superman being controversial? Nah never!
Batman going crazy? The parademon attacks have the cops wondering if NOW Batman's losing it "like everyone else".
Diana is regressed to the point that her character development in WW just never happened. hand-waved entirely.

Not even that enjoyable as a mindless CGI fightan movie, as Steppenwulf answers the question of "what if Doomsday put on Ares' armor and spouted generic cartoon villain threats?" Batman is utterly reliant on miltary ordinance or alien guns, to the point that he's desperately crawling to regain weaponry at more than one point in the movie. Supes, Diana and Flash all have super-speed so we can "enjoy" gratuitous ramping effects. Aquaman is a dude with a fork, that's his contribution. Flash does this "OMGERSH eye-boggle, disappears in a messy slow-mo lightshow, does something, then trips over his feet. Repeatedly.

This movie deserves every shred of the mockery it receives.

>Batman who has gotten old and grizzled saying things like "Yep, somethings bleeding" just feels off as fuck
It does and I'm ashamed to admit it but it made me chuckle

Agreed on:
>WW acting
>Cyborg being more enjoyable than I thought he would be
>Flash actually being alright, and yeah Pet Cemetary got me chuckling, along with "I hope this is East"
>Polished Supes
>Steppenwolf was lame
>League vs Superman, especially Flash's "oh shit" when Superman can keep up with him
>Saving citizens

Oh look another DC HUMP damage control thread

Can't you retards just fuck off back to your reddit hugbox already?

>he was laughing and said holy shit in amazement a few times
Maybe he was amazed at how fucking shit it was

People who say that the CGI looks like ps2/ps3 graphics haven't touched a videogame in years.

So how do they explain Clark Kent coming back to life? And Luthor knowing their secret identities?

no it looks like Xbox

>>League vs Superman, especially Flash's "oh shit" when Superman can keep up with him
That moment when Supes' eyes moved and Flash started shitting his pants was fucking great

Its box office is low because people remember going with their friends/families/kids to see BvS and having their evening ruined.

They don't say it literally genius, it's just a way to say it looks bad.

Or do you think people genuinely think the movie objectively resembled footage of feces when they say it was shit?

Me too. The movie was better then the avengers 1 and 2. Best Aquaman and Flash that I ever seen. Great Batman and Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Superman done like they should. Nice introduction to the lanterns. Stephen Wolf was shit as expected but "for the unity" stands as the worse rallying cry and most ridiculous motivation that I ever saw. They should have emphasized that they wanted to offer the destruction of Earth as a gift to Darkseid instead.

uh oh

>That moment when Supes' eyes moved and Flash started shitting his pants was fucking great
t. Shill who's only seen the Webm
Seriously stop complimenting the shit that's been spoiled on Sup Forums over and over again like a good puppy.

Yep, highly enjoyable, and one of the more fun displays of DC-level superpowers in the DCEU. I'm one of those people who enjoys how godlike and overpowered DC is as a whole, so I liked it.

Although Flash better fucking have won that race at the end

of course they do

5 movies in you should know the fanbase is nothing but drooling retards

Blade Runner 2049 and Justice League have showed me that good movies with established franchises won't make as much money. It feels like the only extremely successful movies at the box office are either MCU films or Star Wars.

You need to e-mail this to WB execs, instead of telling me, who's seen this bad movie.

>CGI
what's a movie you've seen with better visuals?

I'd never know what complaints were about BvS that got addressed by this without watching the Ultimate Edition?
So I need to watch a movie that would have legitimate problems (which it would have to in order to have complaints to fix) in order to like a second movie for not having those problems?
Sounds like I should just skip both, when you put it like that.

> they can't explain why the cgi looks bad without making a comparison that's objectively false

Pirates of the Caribbean 2. A fucking decade ago. With a smaller budget.

But go ahead buddy, try and die on THAT hill, I'm sure Cyborg's misaligned skull and Steppenwolf's melty face will appreciate the effort.

>Blade Runner
>Established franchise
>one cult followed film that cratered at the box office
Since you're cock-riding 2049 I expect you've been banned from Sup Forums? Or is this a guest-appearance?

Ghost Shark

>The movie gives up rationalizing all the thematic mistakes of the earlier Snyder films and instead just ignores them completely.

This.

A large part of the issues people are having with these movies is that audiences GENUINELY didn't like the versions of Superman and Batman that were presented at first (see Man of Murder, Batman killing people, etc.), and the movies have been absolutely *desperate* to change that first impression somehow, without understanding that you *can't* change first impressions, not like that. The result is a tonal mess that remembers and forgets plot and character elements according to an executive's interpretation of a focus group as opposed to anything rational. And in that process, the first impressions for *new* characters (Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg) got neglected or mishandled, thus compounding the problem going forward.

The movie on its own... isn't great. It's been too chopped, edited, mismanaged and micromanaged by two different directors and who knows HOW many WB execs. On its own, it'd be... well, dumb fun, but not very good and certainly nothing a JL movie OUGHT to be.

But people are carrying around memories of MoS and BvS, and that pushed it over the line into dud territory.

If we're talking just CGI work, any of the recent planet of the apes films.
If we're talking about aesthetics in general, I'll always love The Fifth Element.

Homecoming, for all it's cartoonish faults.
The battle between the Amazons and Steppenwulf is the worst CGI in a big budget film in at least a decade.

This. Best laught of the movie.
Most people that disliked the movie saw spoilers of it first. It's a pretty retard thing to do.

> He is so mad he pretends to not know how human language works

It's just a bad movie lad

Toy Story

dude, Blade Runner had quite a bit of material after the film came out

>stop liking what I don't like
Eat shit. I avoided the trailers and threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums as much as possible and I saw the scene for the first time in the theater

> similes can't be retarded

>I-it's a franchise I swear!
The delusion in this thread is incredible, but this is the worst.

>Transparently lying on Sup Forums.
No one is fooled.

nigger quit being so obtuse, you've already been corrected

Deadpool

Here's the truth. It was an average superhero movie, and there wasn't too much to complain about besides the glaring green screen sections by Whedon, wonky CGI from time to time and the poor quip deliveries from Barry and Bruce.

Justice League was fine overall. This board is filled with a bunch of people who didn't go see the movie yet trash talk it. They cling onto what the reviewers have said and repeat ad nauseum.

It's also a book by a loved sci-fi author. Would you not also categorise Stephen King movies?

t. has never read "Do Androids Dream..."
I read that in Jr. High, ages ago, and you have not, and it has almost nothing to do with Blade Runner. Blade runner has a handful of Star-Trek fanfiction-tier novels that sold worse than Star Trek fanfiction.

>no fun allowed
Enjoy not enjoying anything

A Justice League movie being just fine and average is still disappointing considering it's the Justice League. It shouldn't be this similar to Age of Ultron in terms of quality.

This movie is 100% the stupid shit you've been falsely accusing the MCU of being, but now you are going to desperately apologize for it because Muh Superman/Batman.

It takes every MCU complaint and cranks them up to 11. Dark World is the only MCU movie I can fairly compare it against, it's better comparable to AoA from Fox.

Justice League has plenty of material where it's no good. Just look at the animated movies, most of them are crap.

You baiting me, man? Age of Ultron was subpar and worst than the first Avengers. I wanted Justice League to be at least on the same level as Civil War, Thor 3 or GoTG1.

And we're allowed to call them crap.

Funny, I've been describing JL as "Worse AoU". I don't hate JL or AoU, but they're really not very good

What? I've never made any bad comments about the MCU besides Iron Man 2 and the first two Thor films, and at worst, they were just boring movies overall.

The MCU is pretty good despite how people keep shouting that it's formulaic. Justice League was a fine, average movie.

>A Justice League movie being just fine

Is "fine" the worst a DCfriend is allowed to describe an unfortunate film? I'm a big fan of superhero movies in general, and I can easily say Dark World is a sloppy fucking mess, that X3 is is ramshackle garbage, that Amazing Spider Man 2 is an overwrought clusterfuck.

Against that, you have a franchise-threatening calamity that is "Fine, sure it has flaws but it's FUN".

I said this is in another thread but no I'm not shitting you.
One of the problems with Justice League that you could spot months in advance was that, it could never capture that "Holy shit for the first time ever we're seeing Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and all these cool guys on screen for the first time together in live action!" BIG TEAM UP HYPE that a movie like Avengers had (or that I'm expecting something like Godzilla King of Monsters to have) because they already "wasted" their big guns on BvS and people didn't really like it there.
This isn't the FIRST BIG TEAM UP for the trinity. It's the second team up movie, with some extras that fewer people care about added onto the roster.

So now you have the second outing for the big name team up franchise, only now they added too many jokes, a villain that ended up looking more goofy than threatening like he should and controls a bunch of computer generated minions, the only new additions to the team include a guy with super speed and even more CGI robots, a rushed structure due to studio interference, and way too many Joss Whedon jokes.
That's Age of Ultron.

Funny thing: the tripping was all Whedon. So yeah.

I have read it, along with some of his others because I didn't stop reading books when I finished school.
I haven't seen 2049 yet but I will because without appreciation toward new interpretations of old media I'd still be wearing animal pelts and shoes made of sticks. I'm also interested they show the dust in this one.

"Fine" and "Okay" and "Not that bad" are pretty damning praises for a film like this.

>Is "fine" the worst a DCfriend is allowed to describe an unfortunate film?
yes if they say anything worse they'll realize they've wasted so much time on a shitty fucking franchise based on shitty fucking characters

>yet another JL thread
>yet another JL post-viewing thread, where the OP doesn't even say the movie is good
>yet another JL thread where the highest praise is that isn't "that bad"

And yet you decided to post in it.

I thought it was good

Diana is forced to become team Mom, like Black Widow, and even has the same sort of "oh these boys" dialogue. Women found her refreshing (like Harley) because she wasn't disapproving Team Mom in her own film.
Flash is an absolute Train Wreck. He's Roger Smith on ecstacy playing Jim Parsons playing Sheldon Cooper playing Flash. He spazzes around, googles wide-eyed at EVERYTHING and every development, and announces shit like "I'm Jewish" out of fucking nowhere. Jar-Jar tier.
We are forced to accept that Superman was never an autistic reluctant creep, that he sprang forth a fully formed Donner Superman, inspiring everyone and being great. So much so that Batman actually asks Diana why she "wasn't like Superman all along!" This a week after Batman tried to murder him for being threatening. And Superman still comes off as a creep who only really cares because of Lois.

Batman, my god they butcher Batman. He spends the ENTIRE movie desperately searching for someone to lead the League. He begs Diana to do it, constantly harps on how they need Superman back to do it, even tells people how Superman was a better human being "because he had a job and girlfriend". Clearly he knows nothing about how Clark spent his entire adult life. He's alternately morose and snarky (Snyder) and quippy (Whedon) and at the end of the film he's actually suicidal. Would easily be the worst Superhero perfomance of 2017 if Flash didn't exist.
Aquaman is a dudebro with two meaningful scenes of dialogue, the initial meeting with Bruce where he gives no fucks, and the corny "I'm sitting on the Lasso and confessing my feelings scene". His entire segment in Atlantis is a murky exposition dump by a Mera who doesn't look nearly as good as the stills, and sounds Khaleesi-tier.
I won't shit on Cyborg, little was expected of the actor, he didn't design the stupid looking CGI, and overall he does well with the little he's given.

well congratulations you have shit taste

>Diana is forced to become team Mom

Why does forced to take charge immediately get associated with being the mom? Weird Freudian association.

So when you were watching the movie, what didn't you like?

I don't understand why critics and people don't like it

Its literally avengers 1
Bad guy comes
Bad guy wants magic cubes
A team gets put together to beat bad guy
Bad guy gets beaten

Alright the CGI is bad but overall its an okay movie

>My opinion is fact

Back to Sup Forums, my dude

Lois incredibly is reduced to the weakling in Lester's recut of Superman II. Gone is the spunky fearless reporter who ice-climbs in deathly cold to get a story. Now she's a numb helpless female who writes puff-pieces, because like the rest of humanity, she can't emotionally function without Superman. I shit you not, both of these things are a real element of the story.
When Clark shows up she tells him how pathetic and shame-worthy she's been, and he tells her to shush it's ok. BAM! one in the guts for feminists, Joss.
Jeremy Irons and J.K Simmons read some lines. They get paid and are grateful to not have a whole lot of time in this bungle.

CiarĂ¡n Hinds reads lines that make Megatron seem Shakespearian by comparison.
A wild Jesse Eisenberg appears, to no one's joy.
The actors playing Barry and Cyborg's Dads easily outperform everyone else in the movie, which is no special feat.

See
Because the rest of the posts are in the wrong thread.

>Why does forced to take charge immediately get associated with being the mom? Weird Freudian association.

When a team movie forces you to put your hands on your hips, and spout lines like "I am working with a bunch of children" you have become Team Mom.

Same as Widow's "I have to clean up after you boys!"

But nice Freud reference, shilly.

Avengers was actually trash but the hype made people look past that. JL was basically a hypeless Avengers.

This is the Bargaining phase of grief, at last
"Everything was always equally shitty!"

Sorry, JL is a new level of shit, beyond even Suicide Squad or BvS.

Yeah, it was fine. My biggest complaint is that it's blatantly obvious what Whedon shoehorned in there. Some of the humor is out of place, especially during the finale. I really didn't like how they pussied out on killing Steppenwolf. Wonder Woman should have fucking ran him through as revenge. It would have been fitting and satisfying, but you can't trigger all the manchildren out there who get offended by killing!

>MoS shows realistic levels of death and devastation accompanying an alien invasion
>"waaaaahhhh, too much destruction! where's muh feelgood?"
>BvS shows destruction, but makes it clear that civilians are evacuated, or buildings are abandonned
>"waaaahhhhh too much destruction! where's muh feelgood!!??"
>JL makes it apparent that most buildings are abandoned, the heroes awkwardly go out of their way to save the few civilians present, and due to terraforming bullshit, environment actually ends up MORE habitable than it was at the beginning

The fact that you can so transparently see the pandering reactions of the creators is cringeworthy. All so colicky capeshitters don't have to worry about processing anything more inflammatory than an episode of Peppa Pig.

>Sorry, JL is a new level of shit, beyond even Suicide Squad or BvS.
Now this is just blatantly untrue. There was nothing enjoyable about BvS and SS at all.

The rest is pure 'Stop liking what I don't like', Sup Forumss token autism is growing.