Which do you prefer for Wonder Woman: bulletproof or not bulletproof ? If not bulletproof...

Which do you prefer for Wonder Woman: bulletproof or not bulletproof ? If not bulletproof, tough enough to actually live through multiple bullet wounds or not ?

Bullet resilient with everything-proof bracers.

She's literally never been canonically bulletproof, only a handful of retarded writers who didn't do their homework

Bulletproof to a certain degree. Like normal guns and billets cab't pierce her skin but special bullet for tanks from sniper riffels can

She can move faster then a bullet and take hits from Superman who hits with way more force then a bullet, it makes zero sense that she isn't bullet proof.

That said her bracer blocking is so iconic that it just feels weird when she doesn't do it.

Superdurable because supervillains hit a hell of a lot harder than a .38

This is typically how it plays out in practice anyway.

>That said her bracer blocking is so iconic that it just feels weird when she doesn't do it.
Also this.

As a tangent, while the bracers are iconic, I always felt like they lacked visual appeal... Until the movie costume came along and showed me what I thought was missing. Gloves! Like, it's so simple, but damned if it doesn't work.

>This is typically how it plays out in practice anyway.
Yeah, that's why I said it. You want her to use the bracers but not all the time, it gets lame when you do that. She needs to be able to take good hits and then block the really tough shit with her wrists.

She should be bulletproof, otherwise she would basically be a minor hero. The bullet blocking bracers are a relic of a time when Superman could run as fast as a locomotive, not fly to the sun and back.

Not bulletproof, it helps keep power levels sane and keep her being just female Superman who can't fly. It's also just weird if she never has to use her bracers. Blocking bullets with those is iconic. I also don't think anyone else on the League should be Superman level in the first place, so.

That said maybe there could be a slight distinction. Say most pistol bullets sting, but don't do real damage, while rifle bullets do penetrate. Basically make her skin equivalent to class III-A body armor.

I think Aquaman should be as strong as her but tougher. For example rifle bullets break his skin but unless applied in large amounts won't peirce his body, while his full body armor is proof against anything short of AP HMG rounds.

Buttletproof, so she can fuck Superman and cause and earthquake

This is interesting. A while back I was seeing depictions of WW flying, so I jumped on here and asked Sup Forums "Since when can WW fly?" And then everyone explained to me that WW could always fly.

>I think Aquaman should be as strong as her but tougher.
With Aquaman it's easier to speculate just how invulnerable he is since it's derived from him being able to live in the pressure of the ocean floor.
An user smarter than me could probably make some calculations of how much force his body could withstand, though bear in mind that only gives us the average atlantean's toughness, while Aquaman is a bit stronger since he's basically a super-atlantean.

He should only be as strong as or even stronger than her when he's under water

Moving faster than a bullet was only added in post-Infinite Crisis.

And Wonder Woman is hardly the only character to have that problem. Characters who can get hit by super strength can also get cut with blades and swords.

Canonically, Wonder Woman is as durable as Aquaman: can take a hit from Superman but with significant damage to herself, low caliber bullets make her bleed, high caliber will pierce her. Just like with Aquaman it's not her fault writers don't do their fucking homework.

Pre-Crisis she "glided on air currents", but couldn't fly.

Post-Crisis they made her fly as one of their first attempts to make her more like Superman, a mistake that continues to taint her.

'Gliding on air currents' was added at the start of the silver age. I think full post-crisis super-hero flight makes her too much like Superman - why not add X-ray vision while you're at it?

>"Since when can WW fly?" And then everyone explained to me that WW could always fly.
I miss the Invisible Jet. And I fucking hate that it suddenly became hip to hate on it, and basically for no good reason.

It's a fuckin' invisible jet plane.
>BUT MUH MYTHS!!!
Greek myth has only ever been part of the flavor, not the genre. It's a superhero franchise first and foremost.

>Only added post-Infinite Crisis

Absolute bull. I remember a Gardner Fox JLA issue where she saved the statue of liberty by moving faster than a bolt of lightning.

>Wanting Wonder Woman to be Aquaman level

Arthur has always been the guy whose power levels just don't cut it for League membership. Batman used to have that problem before Morrison made him the god of prep.

And now you want Wonder Woman to be threatened by conventional weapons? Hell no

This. Writers are forced to come up with weak sauce bullshit like "she has a weakness to piercing but not blunt attacks" to explain why bullets can hurt her but a nuke doesn't.

Just make her fucking bulletproof. Jesus. Her "weak to edge weapons" was always so fucking retarded. As if boxers never get cut from "blunt attacks".

Well I always thought about the jet like it's Wondies version of Hades' helmet, so it's kinda modern myth-like.

>Autistic headcannon incoming
For me, I liked to imagine that her muscles and bones are tough enough to resist bullets and incoming rounds, though a AP round would do serious damage. But her its defence in depth - so in the same way that a bullet will leave a mark on tank armour, even just a small one, a bullet would still hurt her skin, with larger rounds actually breaking the skin, even if it doesn't penetrate the muscle underneath. So shoot her in the face with a 50cal and she'd be left with a fucked up cheek but alive.

That gives her a reason to have bracers while also making her tough enough to tango with brawlers who hit harder than a APFSDS round.

?
There's only one type of Wonder Woman, and she is not bulletproof

>Arthur has always been the guy whose power levels just don't cut it for League membership

>I don't read comics: the post

You are aware that you are talking about a comic book character right....right? That like saying Superboy it the only character that has realistic super strength, because tactile telekinesis is the only way to explain lifted objects not collapsing under their own weight.

>take hits from Superman who hits with way more force then a bullet, it makes zero sense that she isn't bullet proof.
>I can take a hit from a body builder, it makes no sense that my skin can be pierced by a needle
She still gets bruised if he punches her - just because she has endurance and can take it without dying doesn't mean her skin can't be pierced.

Arthur is now Kryptonian-tier Becuz Water is DEEP and "STOP LAUGHING AT AQUAMAN, FAGS!"

This makes Manta being his arch-nemesis even more ridiculous. Now he "swims" at supersonic speeds and can punch the fuck out of Superman. Against and angry negro who's mastered swimming (amazing!) and lazor guns.

Inb4 "They don't have to be any credible threat to the hero becuz they are kewl, like the Rogues!"

wouldn't flailing her arms and torso around faster than sound cause more jiggle?

Full Bullet proof, the bracelets can be for absorbing energy/magic reflecting such attacks or producing concussive force waves

Bulletproof. It literally makes no sense for her to not be bulletproof when she's supposed to be one of the strongest heroes.

Almost everyone and their mother in DC is bulletproof.

True, but Fox also portrayed her as much more powerful than Marston or Kanigher ever did for some reason.

By the Bronze Age she was significantly powered down.

Notice that Aquaman is bleeding there and therefore not bulletproof.

yup. see

Good post. I have a feeling you actually read and like Wonder Woman.

Also I'll bring up her fighting Superman right before Infinite Crisis and Superman broke her wrist very easily.

>I have a feeling you actually read and like Wonder Woman.
Yeah. Been going through her books a lot recently, my daughter likes reading so I have to go through and make sure its fine before we read them at bedtime.

Rucka's latest run has basically met this halfway: She uses the bracers to deflect bullets, but is functionally bulletproof regardless. She gets shot by a sniper rifle, and it is clearly shown piercing her skin, but apart from collapsing briefly, all it really does is mildly annoy her, and the wound doesn't bother her for the remainder of the arc.

Probably should skip Deodato era, then.

Similar to Big Barda then.

I like the Aquaman resistance level; won't break the skin, but they hurt like hell

Yo the Jill Thomson OGN lately is really good as a kid's WW book, would strongly recommend.

Thanks for the rec, it looks really good, from what I saw online she'll love it. I'll put in an order on wed.

Full bulletproof, with the explanation that at her origin she wasn't but the ability was acquired from her heroics and interactions with gods, etc during her adventures.
Bracers currently used to deflect magic, more dangerous ranged attacks, etc.
Pretty much what the comics depict now is fine.

Try Legend of Wonder Woman, too. Really good retelling set in WWII instead of the modern day.

>And now you want Wonder Woman to be threatened by conventional weapons?
She's literally always been threatened by small arms, wonderfag.

Wondiefags want Wonder Woman to be how she's always been, casuals are the ones that think she needs to be fixed

>This makes Manta being his arch-nemesis even more ridiculous.
This is why power creep in general is retarded. Everyone has to make their pet character the new Superman, complete with Superman shilling them. No matter how little sense it makes.

Wonder Woman fought in WW2 and her most iconic equipment is bracers she uses to block bullets? Clearly she should be able to tank nukes and outrun sound!!!!

This Flash guy's archenemies are regular humans with gimmick weapons like boomerangs? Physical god who can move trillions of times faster than light and punch harder than a supernova.

The guy underwater who's strong because he lives at the bottom of the ocean and his main enemy is a guy in a diving suit with knives and a harpoon gun? LET'S MAKE HIM BENCH PRESS A CONTINENT!

Fuck wankers, seriously. The only good part about the JL movie was that it put wonderfags in their place by showing she'll be nowhere near him in this universe. As if her own movie didn't already show that.

The DCEU is basically returning to the status quo where no one tried to pretend she was as strong as Superman, she could always get pierced by even pistol bullets, and she literally hurt her hands if she tried to punch Superman-level foes.

well she's in Supes weightclass now, so it makes sense to be buletproof, and he vambraces are just power limiters now anyway

>Pretty much what the comics depict now is fine.
I agree, she should be vulnerable to bullets.

>and he vambraces are just power limiters now anyway
New52 is over.

I like it. It differentiates the two.

>Clearly she should be able to tank nukes
On a semi unrelated note, but: how impressive is tanking a nuke?

I know that sounds silly, but unless the nuke goes off literally right next to them then a lot of the pressure disapitates. If you're behind some concrete or even just a couple hundred meters away, then relative so say, tanking a superspeed punch then the pressure can't be that different.

Bullets to her should be like a normal human getting punched by an average man. That way she's powerful, but has a reason to deflect them.

Personally I feel like she shouldn't be bulletproof but it makes no sense that you could shoot a demigod and kill them so anticlimactically

so works best but i'd say the bullets won't kill her but it can do damage/pain like how bb gun can do alot damage but might not kill you. she still needs to block with the bracers usually

>but it makes no sense that you could shoot a demigod and kill them so anticlimactically
Alan Scott is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, and you could kill him by throwing a stick at him. The Martian Manhunter is as powerful as Superman and some asshole with a flamethrower could kill him.

Don't mean to sound hostile, but I don't really get what people's aversion is to some superheroes having fairly mundane weaknesses.

They look at comics as video games for some reason that have to be balanced or something

>Everyone has to make their pet character the new Superman, complete with Superman shilling them. No matter how little sense it makes.
Fuck you Gerry Conway, Firestorm is shit.

What, Wonder Woman can't be in the bulletproof club with all the boys? typical misogynist shitlord behavior.She should have equal powers to Superman in all areas.

Yeah but they don't have the divinity angle. Noscoping a god is lame. You gotta like, shoot them at least 10 times. Maybe 20.

I have no aversion really I just feel like a character like diana should have some aversion to gunfire

I feel like someone with "godlike" powers would be more able to take a bullet but then again theres no clear answer to that in the first place i guess

after all Batman's plan to kill her was to send her into cardiac arrest through exhaustion and that's a pretty mundane way to die

This fits in pretty nicely with Greek legend though. Jason was killed by a piece of a rotten boat falling on him while he slept, Achilles was killed by some effeminate asshole filling him with arrows, so on and so forth. Just because you have divine blessing and the favor of the gods, doesn't mean you can't have a pretty mundane weakness.

It's REALLY fucking stupid, man.

Bulletproof but she can redirect the bullets with her bracers

How the fuck is a thought controlled undetectable jet stupid?

>who can't fly
She can fly tho

>angry negro who's mastered swimming
Truly unstoppable. That's pants-soiling scary, dude.

>undetectable
Except to people that can see the pilot in the jet.

No they can't you fucking dipshit. That was just for artistic convenience.

Stop getting all of your information from Robot Chicken.

How? No really, how is it stupid? Bear in mind I've heard literally every excuse. Hating on the Invisible Jet is a meme that has no basis in actual reason.

What retard universe are we living in where invisible jet planes are considered lame?

My info comes from Superfriends and comics, same as yours and they could made her invisible like the jet with white outline but they chose not to.

To be fair, Manta evens the odds with high-powered weaponry and his suit is powered up enough to give him a degree of super-strength.

You're factually incorrect yet you're still insisting on this so I don't really know what to tell you.

>"The jet is stupid because I'm too much of an idiot to recognize non-diagetic elements."
user, just stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

Whoops, looks like you're a fucking idiot

The problem isn't everyone but Superman.

The problem *is* Superman.

DC/WB is determined to return Superman back to his Silver Age silliness where he is the best at everything. He is the strongest, he is the toughest, he is the fastest. You can't even allow for Speed Force bullshittery to overcomes Supes.

The best thing that could ever happen to the DCU, for both Supes and all non-Supes characters, is if he were redefined to not be susceptible to power creep. IMO the way to do it is to make Supes super at *everything* but not the best at everything. I'd be willing to expand his powerset to all sorts of stunts but turn him into a Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

Fast, but Flash is faster. Strong, but (Wondy? Barda? Arthur?) is stronger/tougher. Give him more sensory powers, more energy-based powers. None of which are the best of the best.

She has a weakness against piercing and PENETRATING attacks. It fits her theme

Put her at 3/4 aquamans level of bulletproof.
God I love this page so much. The way a single bullet manages to give him a light wound.

I bet pretty much any Kamen Rider could tank a nuke.

>That said her bracer blocking is so iconic that it just feels weird when she doesn't do it.
Pretry much. Even when she doesn't need it she just looks wierd without it.

Everything you say except the strength part. Superman should always be the physically strongest of all heroes.

>She needs to be able to take good hits and then block the really tough shit with her wrists.
For blunt and bladed attacks yeah.

Personally I disagree, and think Supes would be more interesting being the 2nd-best at everything, allowing singular heroes to shine at being the best at their one thing.

Flash just isn't interesting in a world where Supes is just as fast. And is the strongest. And is the toughest. It lessens both characters.

I wish DC had a non-Supes strength powerhouse. Wondy and Barda come close but they need a Hulk-type hero who is a bit stronger than Supes but only has strength and toughness going for him

Why is he so much tougher than the average atlantean anyway?

>high caliber will pierce her.

Lmao, how the fuck is she even a threat to anyone or anything then? She's not stealthy like Batman.

If the ancient greeks had had jets they would have had myths about them. The invisable jet is fine.

So basically what you're saying is that Clark should be Mario. I can dig it.

Supes is not as fast. His very, very fastest is just below light speed, and only when flying.

Flash's speed is potentially unlimited and can always be pushed further, same way Superman's strength works.

Human + Atlantean hybrid somehow makes him stronger.

... Because she's super strong, super fast, and a master combatant? And her bracelets can deflect bullets, which is the exact point of this thread? How fucking stupid are you?

Anyone arguing that a thug with a gun should be able to seriously threaten Diana is a jackass.

It's still perfectly believeable that manta can keep up.
What's bullshit is flash and the rogues.

Probably.

>... Because she's super strong, super fast, and a master combatant? And her bracelets can deflect bullets, which is the exact point of this thread? How fucking stupid are you?

How the fuck is that going to help against a sniper? How fucking stupid are you? Do you know what kind of guns use high-caliber bullets? I'd be fine with it for a different hero but Wondie can't be sneaking around corners using cover like Batman or street-level heroes. It doesn't work for her personality. You're just introducing a huge plothole to literally every story she's in if she's as weak to sniper rifles as a newborn baby.

The atlantean royal family is stronger somehow, possibly due to magic. It's how he's the only one who can talk to fish. Similarly, Mera gets her aquakinesis from being the queen of Xebel.

They don't seriously threaten her because she's super fast, strong, and has the fucking bracelets that deflect bullets.

This was never a problem in the Golden Age yet somehow it's suddenly a problem for you.

The Flash can get shot too yet nobody whines about that.

>absorbing energy/magic reflecting such attacks
Yes
>or producing concussive force waves
That's retarded

But which hero could be physically stronger than Superman?
>WW
>Barda
>Orion
>Aquaman
>Martian Manhunter
Well no one on this list seems to fit of being physically stronger than Superman. Is there any Hulk like Superhero in DC besides Grundy who is a villain?

>Kanigher
Who?