Written the worst comic books arcs that makes the worst writers look competent by comparison

>written the worst comic books arcs that makes the worst writers look competent by comparison
> Sup Forums defends him relentlessly

I liked his Spider-man despite everything.

his spider-man is overrated and the totem shit was even more retarded than sublime (and I say this as someone who fucking loves weird-ass cosmic meta shit)

and his fantastic four was just awful

>forced by editorial to write shit
>it turns out to be shit
Not really his fault. The rest of his ASM run was pretty good.

>forced by editorial
>didn't quit to respect his artistic integrity
Petty excuses!

I have honestly never liked anything he's written.
Sup Forums keeps pretending his Spider-man was good but it wasn't.

Real Ghostbusters was great. I guess he should stick to fiction mostly intended for children.

>quitting a paying gig

Not everyone can have mommy and daddy to pay the bills like you.

Superman Earth One -- a book where I assume he had a fair amount of freedom -- was pretty bad, imho.

>he didn't like the Real Ghostbusters
Are you just incapable of feeling joy?

>Horrible, just god-awful, Spider-Man run
>Partly responsible, however indirectly, for two of the worst Spidey stories of ALL-TIME
>Wrote a shitty-ass Wonder Woman
>Wrote not one, but two, shitty-ass Supermen
>Had a pretty good run on Thor
>But then cried like a baby when Marvel wanted to use Thor for an event, so he quit Marvel comics forever
>Then he alienated himself from the industry by saying monthly comics sucked and there was no need for them anymore so he could sit on his ass and write OGNs all day

you forgot this abortion of a movie pitch

the most generic plot and boring art I have ever seen in a comic

>having his own production company
>making a good gig writing Babylon 5
>being a renowned name
Try harder next time.

But he did.

>>Then he alienated himself from the industry by saying monthly comics sucked and there was no need for them anymore so he could sit on his ass and write OGNs all day
But he's not wrong. The future is in standalone books and per-page-update models. Floppies sell like garbage.

>He didn't when he was pure
>He did when he was a slut
fanboy logic never fails to amazes me

>monthly comics sucked and there was no need for them anymore

He is correct though.

Not the same user but that wasn't the point.

>pretends
Oh, this meme again.
>it wasn't
Just your shit opinion.

Not the same user but I agree. JMS is shit.

That's not Johns though

No, he isn't. His Spider-Man run was for the most part genuinely good.
>b-but not muh costumed freaks

I like his creator-owned stuff, or at least some of it. I think he genuinely likes the medium too. He probably made way more in TV than he ever did in comics but he still puts out his little maxi-series at Image that no one reads. He isn't like Whedon or Kevin Smith or these other guys who just popped up to write comics to make a headline and then left the industry after a couple years.

>if I call something bad in the OP everyone will agree with me

Sup Forums grew up with his shitty Spider-Man run so will always defend him.

>it's shitty because I said so

I know i am bias for him. Babylon 5 is my fav sci fi show and there hasn't ever been a show that has a single person in that much control. He plotted everything out before it started and wrote all sorts of ways to cover for problems like actors having to leave, so much that he lost his main character in season 1 and had that plotted out too. And season 3 and 4 were entirely written by him, don't think it's ever been done since and hadn't been done before.

I know he's had some bad comics, but I'm not a Spideyfag so OMD doesn't matter. He also wrote a great Thor run and Supreme Power. I also liked his Superman but i get the hate, it had a few problems. Thing is, he's one of the more recent examples of being fucked over by publishers, his stories keep getting fucked by editorial

>It's good because i refuse to acknowledge it's flaws
There. I gave you two retards the start to an eternal shit flinging contest.

His Spider-Man WITH Romita Jr was god-tier.

What are his best creator owned stuff?

What flaws did you even name, retard? You said fucking nothing beyond "it's shit and my opinion is a fact"

>reading comprehension

Sorry for not caring to read your shitpost properly.

Rising Stars was pretty good.

He made Babylon 5.

That makes him God.

In Valens name

RIP O'Hara and all the other dead cast members....so many dead so young

The Other is legitimately one of my favourite Spider-Man stories. Way more engaging than "classic" shit like The Death of Gwen Stacy which is NOT good as a story and is only good as a historical exhibit item.
>so you see guise this was the first time a girlfriend of a capehero died it actually wasn't, Iron Man and Namor's girlfriends died before Gwen so it makes it a masterpiece
>never mind the shitty execution and the fact that it comes out of nowhere, the concept alone makes it great!

Will you show us on the doll where Joe touched you?

It ruined Green Goblin for decades too, albeit unintentionally.
>before Conway Osborn was a man who struggled with his demons and actually loved his son
>now he's a by-the-numbers sociopath because how could a man who killed the hero's love be anything but pure unbridled evil

Remember when he fixed Wonder Woman forever?

I actually really enjoyed Odyssey

At the end of the day, no one in the industry or comic fandom gives that much of a shit about Wonder Woman.
She exists because of tenure, tits and ass, and to prevent it from appearing as World's Gayest.

Nice projection, casual.

Not a big fan of the outfit but no one has managed to make Wonder Woman stick after the creator died.

I will always want to watch her. Part of the reason i watch The Orville

>I think I'm smart
I will pray to my God, Stan Lee, to eat your soul next

What were they thinking with that shit show? Palicki was a good choice, but that pilot was atrocious.

I liked Midnight Nation.

The totem shit was just a blatant Swamp Thing ripoff.

Just as usual, Sup Forums know shit about comics.

Straza did fucking Supreme Power and The Twelve for Marvel, he is fucking awesome.

Except Perez did for 20 years before they decided to "reinvent" her again.

It's always really easy to spot people who started reading comics in the last couple years mouthing off about shit they know nothing about

I felt like it was MOS done right

So apparently no one here like silver surfer requiem?

I think I'd rather have a cartoonish Michael Shannon as the villain than an OC reject from KISS.

So MoS would have been improved if Clark wore no glasses while using his powers at job interviews and Zod was replaced with The Crow?

What? I've never seen anyone here defend Austen.

Son, you're in a Sup Forums thread. All you're gonna get is a group of people insisting that everything that JMS did was shit, and endlessly shift the goalposts and dismiss any work brought up to counter the argument as 'shit' just to prolong the shit-slinging.

Fuck off Quesada. We all know you wrote OMD.

No, it did some things better than MOS but it also did other things worse than MOS.

Like for instance in MOS when we see Clark pre-Superman he's actually out helping people around the world in secret. In Earth One we see him going around trying to get a job and showcasing his abilities which would make him easy to track, even moreso than that time Byrne had Clark play high school football.

The beginning part worked alright but the villain and climax were fucking terrible, which would probably be perfect for a big Hollywood movie.

Whatever you have against some of the characters he wrote the best Perry White in comics, tv or movies. Lois and Clark Perry White was close

And Azzarello did for 3 years straight, giving her a whole new cast of supporting characters with potential storylines but yet again, they threw everything away once someone else came along.
WWs problem is that every writer that takes her thinks he's the only one who gets her. She's like a magnet for "mansplainers", ironically.

That's complete bullshit though. The only time that was done was with her post Infinite Crisis revamp (where EVERYONE got readjusted, not just her), JMS, and Azzarello and the former two are faggots who did no research on the character.

If you read from Perez through Rucka, then skip to Simone, it's a straight shot and nothing is thrown out any more than any other character.

The post IC readjustments to her are what made this stigma that she's constantly changed when that's absolutely not true. Azzarello's shit didn't get thrown away so much as it just got rolled back to how it's been since Perez and how it should have stayed. People like Azz are the problem, not the solution.

*latter two, not former

Azz's Wonder Woman plans predate the New 52, so I imagine the original plan was that it was just going to be some extended elseworld series given its completely different take on the Greek gods. The fault lies with DC for deciding to just roll with that as Wonder Woman's new continuity.

To be fair, everyone but Batman and Green Lantern got fucked pretty hard backstory wise with the reboot.

That was primarily because their writers just straight-up refused to change anything. It's probably one of the biggest weaknesses of the New 52 on-launch; the sheer arbitrariness of what was and wasn't retconned.

And to be doubly-fair, Green Lantern's canon is a fucking mess since basically nothing has ever been retconned by any crisis. COIE changed basically nothing beyond powering him down a bit, so what we got was a Hal Jordan who'd been operating since the 50's and who's hair had begun graying, then he became parallax, died, came back, and now he's suddenly thirty again with nobody commenting on it.

Batman and GL kept their backstories because Morrison and Johns hadn't finished telling their stories and they were two of the best selling pre-New 52 books from big name writers, so not worth ending abruptly.

Srsly?
That’s it? Disappointed