Listening to the new Dr. Katz on Audible

>listening to the new Dr. Katz on Audible
>Ben is now in his 40s and still lives with his dad
Anyone else find this unbearably tragic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L89kPVKOZEM
youtube.com/watch?v=HS_S9xml_04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You'd ruin the character if you removed his "overgrown middle-school kid" quality.

Setting it 20 years after the TV series might have been a mistake since it ramps up his pathetic nature so much.

I'm not familiar with this new series. Is Laura in it? You'd think she'd probably have gotten married sometime or other.

She's still unmarried.

>Ben is now in his 40s
jesus christ I still remember this show and how pathetic Ben was.
I am close enough to 30s and I live now in my apartment. Does he at least work?

But that makes her kind of a loser when that contrast between Ben and her is important to their dynamic.

Now they're BOTH people who's lives have gone nowhere.

At least she has a job. Benny is in his 40s and unemployed. That's more pathetic than being unmarried desu.

Jack Stauber recently made a clippet of a new thing that reminds me a lot of Dr. Katz

>At least she has a job
She's not still Dr. Katz's secretary, is she? Being a shitty secretary into your '40s IS kind of pathetic.

Honestly if benny was my son, I'd have kicked him out when he was in his 20s.
Being in your 40s, jobless and still maintained by your dad must be embarrasing as hell.

well, I haven't heard all the episodes yet, but we don't know if benny had a job and just quit or if he didn't work in all his pathetic life. ut knowing the Benny from the first series, I am considering to believe he didn't worked in his life.

Dr. Katz is kind of a wimp.

Yeah, I know. Even when it's fictional, I can't avoid being mad with the creator for keeping Benny as a parasite, like jesus fucking christ, he's already in his 40s and Katz must be in his mid 60s.

Ben has or had a girlfriend?

emulating the real gap between the TV series and this new series sounds like it was a mistake

No, and No.
He was always trying to hit on Laura when he visited his father's office, but she didnt give two shits about him.

see it for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=L89kPVKOZEM

Thats so pathetic...thanks user!, good to know!

She is teasen you!!!, KEK

The thing is Katz tried to help him when he had the chance, but Benny always ruined it one way or another.

>soda and ice cream sandwich(?) next to bed
Naughty girl.

>sock monkey in bed
That's adorable.

There are those parents who still see their son as their special boy even after being in his 30s.

Yeah, but the problem with Benny is he's a good for nothing in his fucking 40s who hasn't worked in his damn life and the only thing he knows is to drive a car.

I'm 35 and live with my parents

Laura's cute. Needs more art.

Damn, he'd have married with Julie
youtube.com/watch?v=HS_S9xml_04

Don't worry user, as long as you are below your 40s and know to do something else than driving a car, you are good.
I am 30 and still live with my parents too, but I work as a Java programer and help paying the bills.

>ben is in his 40s
>never had to move a goddamn finger
>laying on his couch all day watching tv
man, he's living the dream

>Locomotion logo

Those were fun days.

That's actually pathetic. Did he study something in college?

The life of the couch needs no degree.

>implying he's smart enough to do something
Ben is mentally retarded. He proved in the series he can't even manage to do simple aritmetic calculations to the point the spectator wonders how the fuck he graduated from high school.

Locomotion, wow...I feel old now

yeah, I screened it from my old folder with some locomotion shows in .avi in low quality, including duckman and bob&margaret.

Yeah, check the benny's birthday chapter. Ben is not only dumb but socially awkward. Laura told him "happy birthday" and the first thing he said was "w..what was that? a..are you insulting me?"
It hurts to watch someone like that in fiction and IRL

>>Ben is now in his 40s and still lives with his dad

I mean, that's what America is like now.

The thing is Ben is unemployed and has no skills...in his 40s. He's still a parasite living with his father, who only eats oats and milk and watch TV all day. I know it's a comedy and shouldn't take it seriously, but man, listening to him talking like a mentally retarded in his 40s hurts.

But that's the joke, seeing Katz and Ben did nothing at all with their lives.

>listening to him talking like a mentally retarded in his 40s hurts.

I mean, that's what America is like now.

Well, I haven't met someone like Benny in real life...yet.

>Laura told him "happy birthday" and the first thing he said was "w..what was that? a..are you insulting me?"
>It hurts to watch someone like that in fiction and IRL
The joke was that he couldn't comprehend receiving goodwill from Laura because she hates him so much.

AFAIK, he did have a couple of jobs in the series. It's kind of sad hearing he's a worthless shit at his 40s, meaning Katz is now between 65-70 (in the series, Ben was 25 and Katz was 49).

They don't usually leave their rooms.

>Ben is now in his 40s and still lives with his dad
I did not needed to know that

If you only knew how to conjugate verbs.

New Dr. Katz?, please tell us more user!