N
E
R
G
Y

>implying Quill looked like that at the end of DnA's run
>implying early Quill looked anything like that

Star-Lord is starting to run alongside Midnighter with most changed look

What did Midnighter look like originally? I know he currently looks like a Peaky Blinder, but what was his original style?

Why is he so evil?

More like ask Giffen and DnA. Giffen himself said the whole point of Star-Lord's mini in Conquest was to draw him out of his funk and turn him into the wise-cracking underdog leader we see in DnA's GOTG.

He wants to please the Master.

I mean, not that I disagree with your overall point, cause he has gone through a lot of changes over the years, but Annihilation era Pete was definitely based on Steve Gan's Star-Lord.

Might be because OP chose a bad panel but god damn putting those two in comparison Star Lord's first look is shit.

He doesn't even look like Pratt

You think they want to pay him for his likeness?

Yeah but we got to see an explanation for it.

That said Bendis' Star-Lord wasn't awful he was just boring, now Humphries' Star-Lord was an abomination.

If the cartoon can get away with guy with brown hair and stubble then the comic can as well.

Hell even comic Coulson looked like Clark Gregg before he died when the guy who brought him into the comics made a point to not make him look like Clark in the first place.

IMO this is what I would like him to look, handsome in a really gruff way it adds to his outlaw charm. The pretty boy look doesn't work for him at all and I dislike the beach blonde look too, his hair was more of a strawberry blonde in Claremont's run anyway.

Derpherp forgot my image

>his hair was more of a strawberry blonde in Claremont's run anyway
Claremont's run was all black and white except for the Star-Lord special edition reprint.

There was an explanation for that too, he was overcompensating for being in the Cancerverse. He didn't take anything seriously because PTSD/Near-death experience, so he acted like Chris Pratt.

It's thin, but it's an explanation.

Peter had the mechanical parts removed in Annihilation Conquest.

Left looks like Liu Kang's and Kano's lovechild

The right doesn't look like he's tilting his head back. It looks like young Jay Leno

He's a jew, duh.

Normals.

This. He's still got the music thing in the new run but otherwise he's back in the saddle, trying to guard the galaxy and keep the band together.

You mean people actually care about GOTG comics? They had to shove Venom in there just to get most comic fans to care, and that sucked

GOTG sucks

they don't make movies based on comics that nobody cares about, shitposter-kun

That's literally what they did, user. GoTG was at best a fucking D-list Marvel team that basically nobody cared about at all until the movie, and afterwards they stayed a D-list Marvel team that everyone says they care about, but barely anybody actually buys the comic, even by comic standards.

>shitposter-kun
Whenever someone does this to undermine another poster, it makes me think they have no argument

I'm still salty as fuck about that. I've always wanted to see the symbiote explored on a cosmic scale, and it happened in the fucking Bendis run.

In much the same way, I always wanted Pym on the Guardians, and that got monkey-pawed in Duggan's run.

>team was created at the end of the Silver Age
>had appearances throughout the Bronze Age
>had a cult run in the 90s that lasted 60 issues
>had a cult run in the 2000s with a new team that lasted 30 issues plus major roles in several events
>new team is liked enough to get a movie just four years later, an unprecedented turnaround for any Big Two property
this isn't D-Man we're talking about here user, they may not be A or even B list but enough people clearly do like them

but "I don't care about this so that means no one does" is such a compelling argument