No one cares about Thor

>no one cares about Thor

COME FROM THE LAND OF THE ICE AND SNOW

Anyone seen the vampire movie the director did?

>$738 million after four weekends Overseas and three in the U.S
>Justice League won't even make that much in it's entire run with almost twice the budget

Surprising as hell after how shitty Thor 2 was

People went to watch Hemsworth, not Thor.

wew lad

It was a pretty good movie to be honest. I'm happy it's doing well.

I went to see hulk gladiator.

Which one?

Honestly, the humor in this movie was way more hit and miss than GotG Vol 2.

James Cameron's Avatar made a shit ton of money, but nobody cares about it.

This movie had one of the best marketigs I've seen, up there with Suicide Squad. The fact that it also turned out good basically guaranteed that it would be succesful.

Guess third time really is the charm in this case. Out of the 3 main Avengers, I think Thor is pretty much guaranteed to get a 4th movie.

I know I went to see it because I was hoping for Hulk.

Now Zach can join his wife’s daughter in hell!

I literally remember nothing about that movie.

>Foreign 500$ mil
>Domestic 250$ mil. Half of it during opening weekend.
Just like with Thor 2. Americans don't like fantasy/scifi.

Yeah, it was good.

People were jerking off to the blue cats for years.

I fucking hope this is the bubble bursting. I want cinematic universes to go and die.

I have. It's fucking hilarious and I did not expect it to be so much. Anybody who hasn't seen it deserves to

>the entire world sells more than one country

No fucking way

>Americans don't like fantasy/scifi.
>the god of the box office is a fantasy sci-fi series
>6/10 of the top inflation-adjusted highest grossing movies ever (Avatar, Stars Episode 4, E.T. The Extraterrestrial, The Ten Commandments, Snow White, and Star Wars Episode 7) are sci-fi/fantasy
>8/10 of the highest grossing movies of all time not adjusted for inflation (Avatar, SWE7, Jurassic World, Avengers, Avengers 2, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast) are sci-fi/fantasy
>9/10 of the highest grossing film franchises of all time (MCU, Harry Potter, Star Wars, James Bond, LOTR, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Transformers) are sci-fi/fantasy

Why not the other two? No bait, I'd assume if Thor gets one the other two will, as well.

Bond and fairy tales are a stretch but I see your point

I wouldn't call James Bond sci-fi, it just has some gadgets and tech. Same for capes really.

>The Ten Commandments
>fantasy

>not sci-fi
>main villains have moonbases and try to kill Bond with laser death traps and superhuman assassins
And how are capes not sci-fi, Avengers was literally an alien invasion movie.

user the OP is talking how much bank Thor just made. How is that the bubble bursting? It's just audiences refusing to go to yet another shitty DCEU movie

What We Do In The Shadows? Yeah, loved it. I rewatch it every so often.

Ironman might get a 4th, RDJ is up to it. But Evans wants out after Avengers 4.

By that logic people would have gone to see Thor 2

He wanted out because he was sick of Perlmutter's shit. Now that Ike is gone he said he might reconsider.

Tech and aliens doesn't sci-fi make.

Yes, they literally do.

>that helmet
>that face
do people actually watch these movies lmao

>talk about cape movies with normie friends
>they say they wish more cape movies had good comedy like GotG and Deadpool
>tell them that I hear Thor is apparently good for that
>*pained look on friends' face* is the blonde guy still in it?
I wouldn't say that.

Nope. I bet you call anything that has androids cyberpunk.

Yes and so should you.

Even though it would never happen watch that scene listening to Guardians of Asgard from Amon Amarth. I guarantee its much better.

I remember when Evans was going to go and make his own movies, but then what he made was Snowpiercer. I'm sure he's cozier in the MCU.

Evans may be playing a lighter game than Downey's play for a bigger check.

They make MAYBE a movie a year where they aren't a 5 min cameo. That doesn't interfere with their careers at all.

I love it when actors pretend that they are reluctantly starring in one of the highest grossing movies of the year, in a role in which they are universally loved and recognized, and for which they are handsomely paid. Oh, the suffering.

B-but it's so hard keeping fit!

I mean RDJ is 52 now. I'd imagine he's getting to the point where he doesn't want to have to try to look hot shirtless.

Go to bed, Ben.
And btw we took the bottle from your nightstand.

But his role doesn't really call for that.
Hah! You didn't even check inside the lamp.

Was he even shirtless in Iron Man 3? He's never undressed in IM2, even in the scene where he bangs that reporter.

Scratch that , Twilight of the thunder god is better, lyrics even line up with Fenris appearing and being mentioned in the song.

u dum?

>that part with the cat with the human face
>every scene with the werewolves

I love that movie.

Werewolves, not swearwolves!

Well then what genre would you put it in?

COME FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER

>Had to have a costar and another character's story to make people care about him

Yeah, no one cares about Thor

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!

The fuck is you talking about? Gems worth is box office poison outside of Thor.

There's no structural difference between a biblical epic and a high-fantasy epic.

>completely different character from the first two thor movies and avengers
>jokes, jokes, jokes
>and paired with hulk

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but they pretty much rebooted Thor himself.

I'm glad we didn't waste any time with the romantic comedy sitcom bunch from the first couple movies.

I agree. The Noble Warrior was replaced with a Nobleish Goofball who happens to be a warrior

Felt the same but I ended up enjoying it far more than any of the other marvel universe movies so I dunno.

It's gonna be jarring if the next movie they return to the previous characterization.

It's the opposite for me. I thought a lot of GotG 2 humour fell flat. And I coudn't stand Drax and Mantis fake laugh. I really thought Drax was annoying most of the time compare to GotG where the character worked well.

They had to bring down Thor to make Valkyrie look better so they could still appeal to the female viewers that liked the romantic comedy shit the first two had.

GotG 2 is what happens when you let MCU's comedy routine go unchecked.

Thor Ragnarok was at least more tolerable in its humor because of some of the character interactions.

Yes, they do, that's what this thread is about. Are you retarded?

They overdid the humor in Thor too, but you're pretty much spot on.

I mean, he's not wrong.

>funny, and above all fun

Domestic/Overseas splits for 2010 capeshit:

>Thor 3 - 33.5/66.5
>JL - 34.1/65.9
>Logan - 36.7/63.3
>S-M: H - 38/62
>GOTG 2 - 45.1/54.9
>WW - 50.2/49.8
Lego Batman - 56.3/43.7

A rough 1:2 ratio is considered the norm.

*2017. Brain fart.

Documentary

Yeah I was wondering the same thing considering we haven't seen Chris Hemsworth under the Russo's direction before.

Given Infinity War is gonna pair him with [/spoiler] Rocket and Groot while as they travel to the realm/planet of the Dwarves to get Peter Dinklage to forge him a new magical weapon. So there's some potential for comedy between Thor, Rocket, Groot and the Dwarf King [/spoiler]

Thats good, its made more than the average Marvel Movie gross

Hemsworth is the youngest of the 3, and there's still room to do Beta Ray Bill and introduce the Olympians for example.

>>that part with the cat with the human face
yes!! it is lowkey my favorite part with how they nonchalantly say 'he never gets the face right'

I thought this was just a meme that everyone says to make fun of how boring Dark World was but my wife told me the same thing after we came out of seeing Ragnarok. Now I'm thinking I'm just autistic or something because I remember it pretty well after only seeing it once with her.

meant for

A allready forgot i saw the movie.

I watched it the day after because I was curious about the director and it was on amazon. No regrets, it really hit the spot.

I could see a fourth Captain America movie happening even if Evans decides to leave the role. After all, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie are still under contract, so just have Bucky or Falcon replace Steve.

weird how the blue box has all my favorite marvel flicks

This happened with BvS/SS too.

>Marvel movie comes out, gets amazing reviews
N-normies are just stupid, guys! They just want superhero movies and don't care if they suck!

>DC movie comes out, gets horribly panned by critics/audiences
The superhero bubble has finally popped, guys! There's no way the movie is actually garbage, people are just tired of seeing them!

It's pretty sad.

It's not going to "burst" either. This isnt the comic industry thats setting up dominoes and creating something to big to support itself. It's hollywood. It won't go away over night. The marvel movies have only done what most franchises have, which is built interest and grown. DC is struggling to maintain interest. Fox....I guess they're doing ok. These movies take years to make too. Like Aquaman is suddenly gonna get canceled? Its sad how dumb they can be for sure, but this is Sup Forums

>look mommie I stood up for the Bible to those HEATHENS

I’m predicting somewhere in the near future we might start seeing a number of marvel wannabes who just want in on the money. I’m saying that we could start seeing cinematic universes popping up here and there but then most of them will crash and burn pretty quickly
It what happened with that ‘dark universe’ with the mommy.
Sony wanted to make cinematic universe out of that ghostbusters reboot, creating a company called ‘Ghost corps’ to overlook it (don’t ask whether are they still going through with or they canned it)
And of course we have DC which tried to copy marvel but are now failing

Read Walt Simonsons issue where Skurge goes does to hell and stands alone and listen to The Hero. It's totally his song, a mercenary that just fought for himself his whole life is turned into a hero in his last act.

Thor is probably going to end up reaching 8 million, though.

Wow it's going to pass GotG 2

Add Ant Man and i agree

But that's true.

>no one cares about Thor
They don't, they only care about the Marvel blockbusters they've been programmed to consume. Thor could've been replaced with a glass of mayo and it still would've made 700m.

>He says, while what was pretty much the big normie team of JUSTice League ends up doing less than 100 million dollarydoos in their opening week.

Maybe it was that Thor: Ragnarok actually tried? Like, you know, what Wonder Woman also did?

Nobody remembers what the fuck Dark World was about

>They don't, they only care about the Marvel blockbusters they've been programmed to consume
Yeah that's why literally every other cape film that doesn't have the initials JL totally didn't sweep the box office right

>Average: 788
>Thor: Ragnarok: 738
>Made more than Avg. Marvel film
???

DCfags will never say that again.

>amerimutt education

source?

Source?

The trouble is that the Cinematic Universe is more format than genre, basically big budget serials.

I saw this last night
That user is nuts right, there's no way Snyder could have done that much damage to the brand right