Press F

Press F

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932460150723551233
twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932449782659821568
twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932447568864223232
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Simpsons has been on for ~30 fucking years and Apu has been there for almost the entire time. Why is that one poo in loo raising such a stink about it NOW?

Hank Azaria died?

No, but lets just say he thanked a woman and came again.

No, he is getting too big for his britches

She won’t hold!
She’s breaking up!

It took this long for get the fame and money enough to do it.

Because people complain now. Because they've been taught that complaining non stop will get you attention.

racists lose again

god no, of all the people I want on the Simpsons dead just to end the show, he’s the last person I’d want

is apu kill?

what is racist about Apu? he's a hard working family man.

>wanting anyone on the simpsons dead

*tips trilby*
a fellow nihilist I see.

He's the "Indian convenience store owner with a filthy store" stereotype.

The character literally pioneered the stereotype this is retarded

Is this nonsense going to lead to Apu getting replaced by some new (((INDIAN))) character who’s positively progressively?

Accent, convenience store, many kids
Fuck PC

No. If you watched the documentary, you'd see why that wouldn't be the case. The show would sooner be canceled before that happened.

Real life pioneered the stereotype. Asian (using "Asian" in the British sense which includes Indians) immigrants came to the US and worked at small businesses like convenience stores. They then saved enough money to do two things; put their children through college to become professionals, and buy small businesses like convenience stores that they could own and run themselves (already knowing the in's-and-out's of the business model). Largely as a result of this very successful strategy, Asians are the most well-off ethnic group in the US. Higher incomes, higher education levels; and fewer negative stats (like incarceration rate, teen pregnancy, murder rate, drug addiction, etc) than any other group except for maybe Ashkenazim Jews.

>The Simpsons has become so unfunny, t makes unrelated comedians humorless.

If real life "pioneers" something but a show calls attention to it, it's still not a racist stereotype. That's just observational fucking humor.

Why is your opinion so strong about It? You sound passionate about It.

The entire special was just some Indian bitching. Nothing will come out of it and he will realize he spent a few million on a special no one really cares about except for people who want to feel offended at a stereotype of a show that’s been on for nearly 30 years

His store is dirty and he doesn't hesitate to overcharge or sell people expired goods. He's got a lot of positive traits but he's got negative ones too, besides this guy's primary complaint about the voice. Which is bullshit anyways, every second generation Indian I know uses the exact same accent when they're imitating their parents.

>All these people want to see Apu killed off because he's a stereotype
You people are monsters.

Yeah, because in India they all speak the same language.

It's not like it's a continent. It's just a subcontinent, no biggy.

Every character in the Simpsons is scummy in some sense, it’s a satirical show.

But the many kids came from the fertility craze news stories before tlc was even around to exploit it.

Yeah, the example given often is the Italians here with Luigi. However, he's not the only representation as there is also Fat Tony. But, when it comes to Indians there is only Apu. Sure, there's Manjula and her kids with Apu, but that's by extension of Apu.

Also, I was surprised to learn that "Thank you, come again" had only been said eight times.

Just make a statement "Apu and his family will never appear again" to appease the complainers.

And then proceed to have no Indian characters ever again.

That was just one of the suggestions given. A better one that was ultimately given was the cancellation of the show. Which, I think we all can agree on.

Make a two part cliffhanger episode "Who shits in the street?" And it turns out its Apus kids and they evict them from Springfield. There fixed it.

Fat Tony is not exactly great representation either. What are you getting at?

Just more represention. Which is also not by much as it is only one other character.

>poo in the loo

You just answered your question. Jokes like that rub people the wrong way and the counter is overreacting to caricatures.

That said it’s stupid and shows how thin skinned people that are outraged are. Especially in a show that makes fun of everyone.

The Simpsons is shit so not like it matters anymore.

That said if the Indians are like the Mexicans they will REEEEEEEEEEE about Apu being gone from the Simpsons just like when WB took Speedy off the air or when that one Chicana complained about Sombrero Mario being racist.

The anti-Apu documentary is obviously just some guy wanting to be pat in the back for being progressive and woke and using Apu to get rich and famous.

>His store is dirty and he doesn't hesitate to overcharge or sell people expired goods.
So he's Indian?

>Rich and famous

>For a documentary on Truth.

I think even he recognizes this isn't exactly HBO.

Some comedian is raising a stink that apu is racist.

>everyone

Are you even that one of everyone that isn't a White American?

Well yeah but the type of person who is easily triggered doesn't care.

oooh, Italian Americans are always getting discriminated against

No, I agree with you. That was more the case like in the turn of the last century and a couple of decades or so after then.

As much as I want it to end if it got canceled for that it'd set a really bad precedent.

That's why you set a precedent that strikes fear into the heart of the SJW, such as an Apu Spinoff.

Or just keep things as is because the moment you make any changes is the moment they learn people are actually listening to them.

>an Apu Spinoff
Man, if they had done that back during the golden age then it actually could have been a really interesting show. Out of everyone in Springfield Apu is probably the only one that could carry a spinoff.

Exactly. Faggots need attention, they look for it anywhere they can find it

Apu is no more a stereotype than Moe (who is also a bad business owner but Moe is white....right? MR. Burns is also a shitty business owner but...whatever)

It's a terrible culture we're creating in the west where people bitch and all this shit is considered legitimate.

Maybe we oughta to be more concerned about street shitters and leprosy, not a cartoon character.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the case that SJW do what they do out of selfrightiousness and as such it's usually someone who isn't marginalized that represents them to do just that? This instance is one such person that IS being marginalized. Sure, technically he's not alone as he had others, but they too were in the same position. He even had Whoopi Goldberg, which although not one of them, is in a similar standing.

So, if I'm not mistaken, what are you talking about?

But even the main characters are walking caricatures of the white middle class. Homer's main character traits are being fat and stupid.

My point was broader representation, not positive.

I thought india was a country.

How many Indonesian's are in the show? How many Chinese? How many Australians?
How many Mexicans? Representation alone is a ridiculous goal because eventually you end up asking yourself where exactly are you meant to stop.

It is, but it's also part of the Indian sub-continent which includes most of its neighbours too.

This reads like a bunch of libtard talking points tacked together with no for thought.

>If I'm not mistaken, what are you talking about?

Indeed...

Less than 1% of the country are Indian and that's mostly because there are a LOT of them in coastal states. In middle America, most areas have around a 0.2% Indian population. It's not a minority you'd expect to see more than one of in a town like Springfield.

MMMMMMMMMMM, THAT'S GOOD ADULTERY!

He isn't marginalized he's just some hack who can't make it big so rather than coming up with good material he decided to whine about a well liked character that is the same race as him for easy fame.

>abloo he is offensive to my people hello tank u come again
why do people think that being """offended""" by something grants them an elevated or protected species status?

Apu isn't meant to represent anyone.

That's the most infuriating thing about identity politics. These characters exist as characters, not as flagbearers for any group.

There's BILLIONS of Indians (and other SE Asians), one character can't possibly represent them all. It's a stupid argument.

I agree Apu is a bad stereotype, he should instead be working a tech support job while shitting in the streets

Because it does apparently. Youu complain about something you instantly get attention.

That was my first post in the thread. I wasn't anybody previously arguing with you, if you were hoping you had someone cornered.

>Comedian Hari Kondabolu

Honestly
Fuck off
Both for using your status as a fucking comedian to popularize your opinion, and for using it on the goddamn Simpsons of all things

This is a fucking zombified cartoon show, and he wants to lead a crusade against it.

The filthy store jokes arent even about the fact he's indian. The joke is just that convenience stotes are always gross to shop at.

Oh, now he wants more Apu plots? Make up your fucking mind.
twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932460150723551233

I think you have that backwards. He's using his opinion to popularize himself. I've never heard of this fuck before.

Im more concerned over aziz ansari's representation of indian people. He's an annoying unfunny little shit, but apu, i like apu.

Maybe they should learn to use the fucking toilet. There no witches in there, I promise I checked.

Everyone likes Apu. Which is why he needed a fucking special to present the idea why nobody should. Nobody came to that conclusion without an alarmist little cunt trying to tell everyone not to like thing.

True. Now everyone is retroactively hating Apu because some faggot decided to use Apu to become famous.

My main issue with the special is that Hari's a douche. Even handwaving his politics, he sounds like a complete asshole. Like in this tweet.
twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932449782659821568
Or this?
twitter.com/harikondabolu/status/932447568864223232
These aren't even jokes. They're just him patting himself on the pat like he's the first person to ever think Apu's a stereotype. And because of that, he sounds like a total cunt.

Didn't this problem with apu thing come out of like five years ago? Am I thinking of some different version of the same thing?

It's not hard to make a catchphrase stick.

>Apu out because some numale brownskin uses the topic for easy Diversity Humor Laughs
so when will Krusty be getting the boot for being a (((hateful caricature)))?

when are we losing Julio as a background character for being a negative gay stereotype?

I didn't need more reasons to want Zombie Simpsons dead but I guess 20-somethings found a way to make it even more painful

yes
Yes
YES

>all these americanized indians who sound like white people complaining about apu's accent

>patting himself on the pat
Fuck, I meant back.

Indian programmers are becoming a major demographic in the US now.

Indian programmers in the US have been a thing for over a decade though. You'd think Hari Cuckabolu would have done this documentary ten years earlier back when people were still kind of hyped for The Simpsons thanks to the movie.

I still see indians with heavy accents running convenience stores tho.

>Indian programmers in the US have been a thing for over a decade though

And now that they're established, they feel entitled to get uppity.

>every second generation Indian I know uses the exact same accent when they're imitating their parents.
My friend is second generation Indian, and he always does the accent to piss of his girlfriend. He'll stay in character for a solid two-three hours at a time too. It's great

Just a friendly reminder:

If you're White, brown people hate you.

That's the craziest thing about this bitchfest, isn't it?

It comes like a decade AFTER all the representation he's demanding actually happened. Top sitcoms like the Office, Parks and Recreation, and Big Bang Threory all have Indian characters, and the only one of the lot that isn't like 100% assimilated is the one from BBT, who is played by a guy so Indian he's fucking married to Miss India.
The Daily Show has had "an Indian Guy" on staff since Aasif Mandvi joined the show.
Kumail Nanjiani has built a career out of characters explaining they are Pakistani (and thus not Indian)

Kal Penn went from goofball stereotype, to neo-Tommy Chong, to working for the President, to working for the fictional President on Designated Survivor.

His main complaint, that Apu is preventing Indian characters from appearing on TV, is one that hasn't been true since he was a fucking child.

You are correct, sir. These filthy savages should know their place.

this

I want all of you faggots to listen to this, and understand that Americanized Indians are no better than tumblrinas or stormweenies
>get toilet paper certificate from some literal who Indian University
>moves into your hometown to work dirt cheap on a slave-labor visa at a local tech company
>brings over 10+ children/wife/parents/in-laws/cousins
>families move into small, slightly older suburbs of town
>import their Caste System retardation in the form of Grandpa, Grandma, and elder Uncles/Aunts
>within 5 years clan mentality has let them open up 4 ethnic restaurants, discount drug stores, Bollywood theaters, dry cleaners, other small businesses
>children are equal parts spoiled white suburbanite and entitled Indian rich kids
>pressured to be only doctors, engineers, and computer scientists by family
>clan clustering puts them all into the formerly-best schools in the area and turn demographics to shit
>in 10 years, have bloated your local universities with engineering and premed students
>begin replacing local town government
>channels still open until HB2 visas killed
>damage already done, nearly all pharmacy jobs, tech jobs, and medical practices in the area are being taken by Indians
>Asians fucked over for university because government counts Indians as """Asian""" ethnicity
>CONSTANT SMELL OF CURRY
>EVERYWHERE
>EVERY SHOP THEY FREQUENT, EVERY CLASS THEY OUTNUMBER IN, EVERY OFFICE
>children beginning to buy into the "Brown skin = oppressed" meme despite being handed literally everything to them by government/parents
it already happened to my home and it will happen elsewhere too

>inb4 back to Sup Forums

>the simpsons is like your racist grandpa

He's only 28 years old...

>His main complaint, that Apu is preventing Indian characters from appearing on TV, is one that hasn't been true since he was a fucking child.

That's not his complaint. His complaint is that this character still exists even in a time where Indians are being shown for being more than just a stereotype. A character that's who is still being conflated with them to this day.

>did engineering at uni years ago
>everyone that took the class was white
>go back to uni to oversee something else recently, sit it on engineering exams
>not a single white guy, everyone is Indian

By TV show standards, that's pretty fucking old. It may not be soap opera old, but it's old.

>That's not his complaint. His complaint is

just fuck off

>His complaint is that this character still exists even in a time where Indians are being shown for being more than just a stereotype.
Has he ever thought that's because The Simpsons as a whole hasn't evolved or changed in ages?

It's because buying a small business is/was easier for upper middle class immigrants than getting American certification for whatever medical or engineering profession they had.

I will not become part of your alt-right hugbox.

>The Simpsons as a whole hasn't evolved or changed in ages?

It did in a way. Like a person becoming a zombie. He did kind of address that, in that it is like an old man, a grandpa, and just like a grandpa, they are pretty set in their ways.

>In 2015, Kondabolu, criticizing Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal as "disingenuous", started the #BobbyJindalIsSoWhite Twitter hashtag.[66] He said: "You can say that about all politicians, but there's something about how he uses his story about being the son of Indian immigrants and then at the same time talks about how we're all Americans and should get rid of hyphenated identities [that bothers me]."

Having worked with a lot of first gen Indians in the tech industry, Apu's accent is inaccurate in that you can actually understand what he's saying.

Also he gives direct responses to questions, rather than trying to evade.

which realistic representation from would fit into the town of Springfield that wouldn't just create Lisa 2.0 or some other "2smart4u" character?

>he didn't see the episode where Apu's nephew fits the above list to a T, takes over the store, and fucks it up before Apu has to come back and run it "his way" again
there was a point to that episode you know

get drug-resistant GRID you fairy