Good evening owls,

even later edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zxd1jFDXzsU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go get that uncouth heathen, Man-Thing

and now, /fit/

Doomsday Clock is gonna be bad isn't it

I'm honestly shocked that there are people here who have bought Stan Lee's public persona and who disbelieve that he would assault or treat women poorly

Lee was good at marketing back in the day and he's good at it now

>Johns is writing
it's going to be dumb

did someone say something?

I'm just gonna stay out of those threads in any situation

A thread saying that a report is brewing

I'd rather be on Batman Earth One vol 4 by now than Doomsday Block desu and I'm sick of Batman

An "insider" whose dad works at Nintendo said some ladies are about to come out about him assaulting them in the 70's.

The person is probably bullshitting but what got me were people like "no way would Stan Lee of all people do that"

Johns joking about a sequel to Curse of Shazam was cruel

I mean, would I be shocked? Not remotely

>Johns jokes about that sequel
>we end up with Bendis on Shazam

Would this be the worst timeline?

Possibly.

Same. I mean, he was Funky Flashman.

and not all chauvinists are also grabby or crude or outright assaulters, but SL was definitely a chauvinist in his time

Have you really never heard about him being grabby with women at cons? I've been hearing that anecdotally for a very long time.

Yeah, and you can't deny that it bleeds through. Cause it do.

Same.

I hadn't heard specifically but I'm 0% shocked

Did he ever do it on video, like Harlan Ellison did?

I've seen photos of him getting a bit close to cosplayer tiddies but they seem to be into it or playing it as a joke so I don't think those count

man, my feet hurt

I'm amazed retail never gave me flat feet

it's definitely vodka o'clock

>mfw we didn't get some fucking awesome FOOLKILLER covers out of this

I think this means tomorrow's late show will be GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING #1

(yes, you)

>Be a Veterinary Assistant!
Fuck no

oh shit wat

One thing that amuses me about the old /fit/ ads is the focus on skinniness (vs all of the stuff today about obesity).

I wonder how much money Robert Crestohl got from people mailing him 0.25$ for a list of back issues he had

>catalog of back issues cost as much as a full size comic
What a scam

I focused only on that ad, but the ones next to it have $0.50 for their list

Also lol Doomsday Clock spoilers are out

opp, sorry, drifted off there

WHOOPS

Avoiding that shit like the plague. Gonna be some serious anal pain.
I can't even remember the last time people were this eager for early spoilers, actually. Maybe I've just not been here at the right times.

Don't die yet OP

I'm going to buy and read the whole thing because I'm dumb, but I almost feel like I'm in the minority since I don't give a shit about Watchmen and just want to know the continuity shenanigans.

COMIC BOOKS

The only time early spoilers actually surprised me recently was Metal #1, and that's because the ending of that was very unexpected.

ah yes, those well-known pre-1930s Marvel and DC comic books

there are some Watchmen purists on Twitter who make me want to embrace anything that pisses them off because they're so fucking sanctimonious

>being retarded
It's not about respecting the Watchmen canon or whatever autistic excuse you imagine, it's about self-respect and creative bankrupcy. You might as well be buying Marvel vs. Star Wars #1, or walking to the DC offices and asking Didio, Lee, and Johns to shit in your mouth.
It's pitiful.

see, that's the good shit right there

WHOOPS missed page 28 sorry

The anal pain in that thread is already brewing because Seriously this is a spoiler so don't go over it the new Rorschach is black

>it's about self-respect and creative bankrupcy

oh we passed that long ago though

I mean okay that's a position, I'm thinking more of

>I’ll have no patience for the folks saying “I think this is terrible, but I was curious and couldn’t resist.”

That's my point though. Nothing about Watchmen stuff being included in a story makes me feel any way while it seems to be main point of discussion for most people both from your meta perspective but also just plot-wise since that spoiler thread didn't even say anything about the DC characters in the OP.

Yeah I hate that as well.
I mean, fascination exists. It's way too high horsey to put up arms.

I mean I've been a Watchmen obsessive, but at the end of the day it's just a cape comic. It's not some masterwork that elevated the comic medium in my opinion. It's just a really great, thoughtful work about superheroes.

I think fans and DC themselves have really hyped it up over the years because they feel it legitimizes cape comics somehow, you know the old "Comics aren't just for kids anymore!" thing.

Hi, Sarah.

Anyway I suppose it's a bit hypocritical of me not to mock DC for this when I mocked Marvel for Civil War II. I know it's a cashgrab but unlike Bendis I have enjoyed some of Johns' work in the past so I'm willing to at least give this a chance.

If you think Johns and Moore are comparable you're delusional.

Hey OP. Finally sat down and watched Days of Future Past. Did I miss all of storytime, or just the start?

yeah, if I were ever to do anything about Watchmen it would be no analysis just pure, sweet, mainlined reception history

Man, this cover sure does show how much the CCA had softened by 1974.

if anyone wants to buy actually pure comics steve ditko is doing another kickstarter

we started late edition one issue only, I'm about to do another shot and try to go to bed

huh, this vodka is only 60 proof

that explains a lot

I never said that at all.

Of course it's not going to be near as brilliant as Watchmen or come anywhere close to it at all. But that doesn't mean I'm intrinsically against anyone else using the characters or universe.

Like, For the Man Who Has Everything is a really clever, introspective, touching and well-told Superman story. But I can also go and read Up Up and Away which is just a fun and earnest Superman story and enjoy both.

It will probably be gory to the point where you start asking why they're doing it so much, if Johns' history is to inform our expectations.

Also, at best probably mildly disappointing. Even if you expect nothing.

start placing bets on who loses an arm!

thanks for reading

we late again tomorrow, but late means we get any storytime, so hey, it works?

Tuesday=regular hours barring shitstorm

I'm really hoping for no juvenile gore but I have a feeling that Johns will feel like it wouldn't be a legitimate "mature" work without some gore.

G'night OP, thanks

Constantine, the Hellblazer wasn't that bad

GDI I just saw the Artemis thread

why did no one mention it, huh

Eh, I could see Stan Lee being very much of the times in the 70s, which does mean a fair amount of sexual harassment and dubious aphrodisiacs.

But I feel like that's a fight that'll end up being a proxy for Stan vs. artists shit, and a reason to quote those stupid G4 sketches about Ros Kirby.

I hope everyone in there realizes they need to read Requiem

I own every issue of that in floppy except #1

90% of that thread is just Jason/Artemis fanfic, and something like four actual images about Artemis herself

Not that user, but I really don't think Johns uses gore for the sake of "maturity" but rather he just thinks it looks cool. Just the fact that he does it in stuff that's otherwise very traditionally cheesy capeshit, doesn't seem like he feels like it legitimizes anything.

>Did he ever do it on video, like Harlan Ellison did?

Man, now that's something that totally doesn't surprise me.

Sure, but Up, Up and Away doesn't ride on the coattails of For the Man Who Has Everything or any other Moore story for that matter. Doomsday Clock, on the other hand, is literally "DC meets Watchmen" written by the least nuanced writer in the medium this side of Bendis, all in an effort to make a quick buck and try and surpass Marvel.
Like holy shit, how can the guy responsible for shit like pic related be the one to talk about comics being too dark?

thanks again OP

Half human Man-Thing is somehow even grosser than the muckman version.

He denies it, but Connie Willis was pretty fucking mad as right she should have been

youtube.com/watch?v=Zxd1jFDXzsU

johns is usually able to use his lack of nuance for good.

It is possible, to be fair, to have written things in the past that you feel bad about in and of themselves or for the unintended consequences they had

It's the flesh tones.

Back in the 70s, they hadn't managed to push Skim Milk and the accompanying cheese as garnish, low fat foods laden with sugars aplenty, or diet sweeteners that possibly aid in obesity yet. Plus dieting was still for women.

Also, it's always been easier to bulk up than slim down.

>It would be MURDER
Your name is Professor Slaughter. Do you only kill hippies or something?

Like I said, I can't debate the creative bankruptcy of the idea, and I'm not gonna defend Johns.

I just like the Watchmen characters and am willing to give it a chance at being good like the Minutemen mini and possibly not shit awful like Comedian.

Well thread, what have you read this week?
I'm reading through H-E-R-O right now and I like the episodic nature of it

IT'S TIME TO SHIT makes me laugh every fucking time

Eh, I'll take what I can get. Can't be worse than the "Wonder Woman threads" that are literally just one guy fapping to webms of Lynda Carter with one or two people asking for comics recs.

Reading though LOEG again.
Thinking about doing a Chronological storytime of it sometime this week if I can work out the logistics.

What was the other one?
"Bitch to be you right now"?

Cyborg is good now and it's strange. Rebirth finally wrapped up the first huge metaarc and I really enjoyed it. Son of a gun worked in the mother box shit naturally!!!

Loki Sorcerer Supreme had a good first issue

I'm weirdly excited for Marvel comics 2018 because of how good Duggan Guardians has been

>work out the logistics

u mean annotations

Shit, looks like libgen might be dying. Huge directories are gone, with only a few scattered links working.

I mean regarding the backmatter and whether ot nor to split up bits and pieces of the Black Dossier.

No way I'm getting the annotations. Other than to say that Moore got it wrong. Vincent Chase did not play Aquaman in Aquaman 2

>Surveying pays big

Holy shit, a job ad in an old comic for a career you could still get into! Fisheries badge notwithstanding, OP.

Jesus christ, that is shit if true.

fffffff

if the thought of more school didn't make me cry I'd probably do horticulture

I am downloading some stuff right now, but it looks like lots of stuff is missing

>Do you think this letter on my forehead stands for Not-retarded?