10 mins in and Frank burns his Punisher Skull

>10 mins in and Frank burns his Punisher Skull

I’m in for some typical “we’re ashamed of the comics” shit am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher_(2004_series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher_Max
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Punisher-Max-The-Complete-Collection/TPB-1-Part-1?id=87244
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Entertainment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Netflix Punisher is the tragic tale of a Frank desperately trying to find a way to live.

It's shit. Just finished the entire thing. Don't bother. Watch the Borne Trilogy and you would have had a better time.

I DONT WANT FEELS! I WANT TO WATCH PEOPLE GET FRANKED!

nah just lots of dirty white marine boi on clean iranian government agent grill action

I heard he doesnt get the skull back until episode 11. Please tell me this isnt true.

Mate, he doesn't even get any guns beyond a pistol until episode 4.

He burned it because he thought he was done with it. Turns out he wasn't, and by the end of the show he's wearing the skull again.

>the must be taken

what did he mean by this

>Turk shows up again
>Frank lets him go for literally no reason
If they don't give this nigga his stilts I swear to god

>Go in to watch punisher
>Get finished with watching the Bourne Trilogy
the fucking worst

Then the concept of the Punisher as a whole isn't for you. Frank's been about feels since the moment he took his family to that park.

Yes he Franks people, but there's a sad fucked up person at the core of it all and always has been.

Punisher feels are best delivered as narration over franking / preparation for franking / establishing the reason why there will soon be franking.

Feels > Franking
Franking has always been cathartic moment in any Punisher story, but it is pointless and hollow without emotional buildup, which is impossible without Feels.

It's like a nut without a boner.

>sad fucked up person at the core of it all and always has been.
but hes always been a monster whos glad his family died so he can keep killing

Clearly you need to read some Punisher(2004)/Punisher Max.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher_(2004_series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher_Max
Here's a link to so you can read:
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Punisher-Max-The-Complete-Collection/TPB-1-Part-1?id=87244

MAX is feelsy as hell, though, between The Slavers, Man of Stone, and Long Cold Dark, never mind the little bits scattered around the rest of the series. The Slavers is almost aggressively depressing.

Widowmaker, too

fuck off, Aaron

Honestly not a bad show. A little too much build up, and really they should have removed the Lewis subplot. Needed more people getting franked for crimes, which would arguably have been a better way of blowing his cover because Frank can't help himself when there's injustice.

No hr just thinks once he avenges his family the punisher dies which is why he became some random construction worker. The moment he knows he is gonna do more than take some guys out silently he skulls the fuck up again. Now that his family business seems to be over and he goes after people for less person vendetta reasons (like the bomber for example) he might fully embrace the punisher persona. Not to be a hero wearing a costume or anything but to let whoever he is after know that they are gonna fuckin die soon.

>MAX is feelsy as hell, though, between The Slavers, Man of Stone, and Long Cold Dark, never mind the little bits scattered around the rest of the series. The Slavers is almost aggressively depressing.
Oh it's very feelsy for the reader, but Frank is a stone, a death god, a literal force of nature. You could barely call him human, while in the Punisher TV show he's to human. They humanised him to the point he isn't the Punisher. He's just some random vet with ptsd that went after his family’s killers and only survived by sheer luck. It's like they got the gist of his origin and didn't realize that's what started him down the path, but he became so much more. Hell, he quit being punisher in the show and that alone tells you they didn't understand his drive. I would also like to point out he really didn't go after any criminals other than the two guys in the first episode, the rest were just CIA spooks/mercs. Hell they apparently killed off all his enemies before the the show began and I guess Frank going after some gang bangers would have been to racist so its all about the CIA.

well he went after that whole group of Gnuccis in the first episode too

actually the first episode was the closest to the Punisher the show got

>Now that his family business seems to be over and he goes after people for less person vendetta reasons (like the bomber for example) he might fully embrace the punisher persona.
Well given that he's apparently killed the Mob, the cartels, the kitchen irish, and who the fuck else I would say he's already mostly through his punisher carrier. Hell like the guy said in the first episode he's already won. They fucked this series all kinds of up.

and that's sad and fucked up

God forbid you watch it and form your own opinion you fucking sheep.

>I’m in for some typical “we’re ashamed of the comics” shit am I?

It's a Netflix show. Take a blind guess.

I just wanted to watch Frank blow criminals away, and have it be violent and dark, but still fun...

You mean you want a Punisher show? Fuck you and fuck your mother, you get Jason Bourne starring growly tard scream McHoodieMan. Get fucked, loser.

>it's another user keeps trying to push the marvel is ashamed of the source material episode
>when literally every other comic adaptation from other companies is literally nothing like the comics

>the Mob
the Gnuccis are literally name-dropped in the first episode

>whataboutism episode
I hate re-runs

>the Gnuccis are literally name-dropped in the first episode
I forgot to mention he apparently killed off the bikers as well.

Yep its Marvel that is afraid of their source material, the same company that had Sutur destroy Asgard

>one biker gang
>one crime family
>one cartel operation
it's really just a drop in the bucket. That's the whole point.

I didn't like the direction they took the series, but to think that he took out the entire Italian mob, and the entire Mexican cartel to boot is not just ignorant, it's actively retarded

it's also the one that turned Punisher into a generic mediocre spy thriller

>and the entire Mexican cartel to boot is not just ignorant, it's actively retarded
It is, yet the guy on the toilet clearly says the cartels as in more then one. I don't need to explain this shit, marvel does. If I'm not mistaken doesn't the news state later that he's only killed 37 guys and Frank responds those are only the ones they know about? Still even if you added a hundred to that it wouldn't come close to the numbers needed. The whole show is a clusterfuck.

>growly tard scream McHoodieMan
I can't think of a better way to describe Bernthal. and his constant pacing back and forth. he's like an crazy violent Dane Cook.

It's an anti-anti hero show. It's about the deconstruction of heroes being deconstructed. The whole thing is super meta and deep.

why is it so hard to get a skull-wearing, M16 shooting, dry one-liner spouting punisher akin to 80s action heroes?

just get the punisher video game on PS2 and make it into a TV show

Are we gonna get Barracuda next season?

I seriously doubt that they'd use a villain as comedic as Barracuda

who is this semen demon, who is this fluid druid, who is this drench wench, who is this cum conjuress, who is this dick bedeviller, who is this cock knock

>It's like a nut without a boner.
Thats possible, it's called milking of the prostate

>he quit being punisher in the show
what

Okay, it's like getting your prostate milked while you're unconscious.

he burns the skull within the first five minutes

The punished can't quit being the punisher
The punisher is batman tier crazy turned up to 11.
Frank Castle is the fake identity, the Punisher is the reality

not in the Netflix series, apparently

they felt the need to tell his origin story again for whatever reason

Frank fell in love with war deal with it.

That directly contradicts Ennis.

Why don't you cry to Ennis about it, soyboy?

fuck off Jason

Fuck you steve

but Long Cold Dark has feels straight from Frank about Frank

Aaron's run is canon, soyboy, deal with it.

Ennis's run ends with The End, not Aaron's trash.

The End is another elseworld story not linked to anything. It doesn't have anything to do with Punisher MAX, and the only people who say it does are butthurt Ennisfags who cry NOT MUH PUNISHER whenever someone else writes him.

But hey, whatever helps you not cry yourself to sleep at night, soyboy.

yeah, I sure am broken up about liking good comics and disliking bad ones

He's not stilt man???

>Average Ennisfag when they hear about a Punisher work not done by Ennis

It fits punisher born
Ennis even confirmed that the voice that frank talks to in his head is essentially himself

>common criminals didn't kill Frank's family; the government did
>fundamentally changing the entire reason Frank decided to start Franking

shes from a webcomic called blaster nation

>Franking has always been cathartic moment in any Punisher story, but it is pointless and hollow without emotional buildup, which is impossible without Feels.
The difference is you can go the Lifetime Channel route like this terrible show did or the proper route like the comics did.

it doesn't fit the rest of the run, though

>Frank is a stone, a death god, a literal force of nature. You could barely call him human

Frank has been around far too long and been written by far too many writers to be that and only that. Comics-Frank has let people go, he's fallen in love, he's done all the comic-booky shit. Yeah, Netflix-Punisher isn't Ennis Punisher. And yeah, I'm one of those people that'll tell you Ennis Punisher is the definitive take on the character. But just because Ennis did it really really, really well doesn't mean everyone from now on needs to ape him.

Would I have preferred the kind of Frank that wakes up in the morning, drinks his haterade, makes a hate sandwich, and shoots bad guys until bed time? Sure, I love that guy. That would be an awesome show. But Netflix's take is hardly the character assassination people make it out to be.

IT'S JUST A SHIRT WITH A SKULL IN IT

I get it when they go out of their way to use Daredevil's or Captain America's costume as little as possible, I hate it, but I GET why.

But Punisher's "costume" is just a skull logo, it can be literally just a t-shirt he got out of his closet and just happens to have a skull in it, what the actual fuck?

lol. They really don't like comic costumes. Even if it's the simplest thing imaginable.

>Marvel Entertainment
>Marvel

That was Marvel Studios, shill.

>publishes the comics
>not Marvel

>Marvel Entertainment TV unit
>Publishes comics

yes, user, move the goalposts after making yourself look like an idiot, that'll make it better

The first episode is literally what the show should have been the entire time.

>Cold Open with Frank Franking
>Next we see Frank doing whatever new weird shit to this week to cope with his PTSD(sledgehammering a wall)
>Villains of the week are introduced and built up
>Villains commit their crime to show why they need to be Franked
>Frank finally Franks the villains

That should be the blueprint they follow.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Entertainment

>The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, and is mainly known for its Marvel Comics, Marvel Animation, and Marvel Television units.

Try again. You’re fucking delusional if you think the people who work on comics are the same people who do Television. Two completely different career fields.

you were
>implying
that Marvel Entertainment isn't really Marvel, when it is the only "real" Marvel

you didn't specify between the divisions, you just said Marvel Entertainment, and now you're backpedaling because someone called out your retardation

I always like when Frank is frank about being Frank.

This.

Instead we get MUH PTSD, MUH SOCIETY and MUH AFGHANISTAN

as opposed to muh Vietnam?

or...muh PTSD?

But there was no Punisher in Punisher. Only in the first and the last episode he's wearing his skull-vest. Only in the first episode he's doing what he's supposed to do the whole time.

We didn't need a Origin Story, we got that in Daredevil. Instead they serve us 13 episodes of just that. Useless exposition and MUH CIA.

It feels like a step backwards from Daredevil's cameo.

>All these mental gymnastics
>Implying you weren’t BTFO

Just stop. You want to argue a game of semantics at this point.

>by the end of the show he's wearing the skull again.
And that's the problem. This is fucking retarded. After the whole season of Daredevil without wearing the skull and then showing it for 2 minutes at best I don't want to watch him without it again.
>Daredevil don't have his iconic logo on his suit
>Frank doesn't wear the skull in his own fucking show
They're clearly ashamed of their source material. For some reason they're afraid of using logos.

Give it up, shill. You trying to play word games to save face. The TV division is ashamed of the comics. Accept it.

the problem with the show wasn't the premise, necessarily. Corrupt-government-person goes after Frank is a plot that has been done before and done well. The problem is that the writing for everything was terrible. The characters, the dialogue, the actual progression of the plot.

Turk Barrett isn't Stilt Man you weirdo. He's just some low level gangster Daredevil is constantly beating on.

>Barracuda next season

They should have fucking started with Barracuda. You set it in Florida, dress everyone up like their in Miami Vice and that way the Punisher in his blacksuit and white skull looks really fucking interesting. Plus the first season being about corporate assholes would have sold like gangbusters to liberals!

Then do the Slavers in season 2, Maybe Kitchen Irish season 3. And have him come back to New York in season 4 cause some asshole digs up the grave site of his wife and kids and you have yourself a good fucking series! Plus when he comes back in season 4 on the warpath you can have the "Defenders" try to stop him and do a Confederacy of Dunces homage. That's a good fucking Punisher series.

With the other four Netflix shows taking place in New York, plus Spider-Man, and Avengers Tower being there it makes New York WAAAAY too crowded.

>But it's like that in the comics!
Yeah, and it's fucking dumb in the comics. I can accept Daredevil, because he literally only really defends Hell's Kitchen so he can work with a few other heroes but everyone else being there is dumb. Fucking the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers, and the Heroes for Hire, and the X-Men being a couple hours drive away, and Spider-Man, and everyone the fuck else it's amazing anyone can do anything in New York.

>And yeah, I'm one of those people that'll tell you Ennis Punisher is the definitive take on the character. But just because Ennis did it really really, really well doesn't mean everyone from now on needs to ape him.

I completely agree with you. Ennis' Punisher MAX is without a doubt the best Punisher series, but that is an out of continuity story, and hell I LOVE FrankenCastle which is about as far from Ennis' Punisher run as you can get. except the end, that shit with the two gangbangers is great!

Ennis Punisher isn't just MAX

I know, but MAX (when written by Ennis) is just too fucking glorious!

They wanted to do his origin story again

so they had to retcon and add to it to have him kill the REAL people responsible for his families death

its fucking terrible, I am done with Netflix now. And I have no faith in them learning from past show mistakes

Punisher was completely and perfectly established in Daredevil and THIS fucking show is what they turn out

No, it's fine. Frank is officially dead as far as the public is concerned and he has a new identity so it makes sense for him to keep a low profile.

>new identity

PETE RAVIOLI IS
THE TIME-OUTER

MCU draws from several story arcs and isn't restricted to 616. I'm not that user but there are story arcs that support that interpretation. One of the Marvel Zombies stories where Punisher is one of the last remaining humans really nails down the point that he is just another monster in a world of monsters.

>set it in Florida
People would be immediately triggered by it because it would be like the Tomas Jane movie.

Micro's wife definitely wants to get Franked.

>Barracuda will never appear because he's "racist"