Jane Foster Thor

I'm willing to give anything a chance. Is there any good runs or issue with this character?

Everything post-Secret Wars is pretty good.

Please don’t listen to the casuals who only read those 2 pages from that one issue that came out like 3 years ago. They’re gonna post them, just watch.

And when I mean “post-Secret Wars” I mean The Mighty Thor 2015.

Oh yeah you should read Jane from the 70's. Great run.

Jane is the worst part of her own book.

Jane Fosthor is consistently average, being the least interesting thing in her own book. Thor v4 and Mighty Thor v2 are her main appearances.

Why do you still post that image when you got BTFO in that thread? The very first sentence just shows that you know nothing about Bill.

He is always Beta Ray Thor. He doesn’t get called that anymore because the name fell out of style but “Beta Ray Thor” is the name of his powered up state when he wields the hammer. We’ve explained this to you countless times and you still intend to shitpost.

It's OK, not as bad as Sup Forums wants it to be, but I wouldn't say it's worth reading.

Thunderstrike > Thor

Wow, still wrong. And still ignoring the rest of it.

It's not terrible, but Jane is easily the most boring part of her own book. Aaron decided to make Mighty Thor a borderline ensemble book with a whole host of supporting characters because he just kinda gave up on bothering trying to make Jane a compelling or interesting character, and as a consequence she's basically the weakest part of her own series.

Like, the last two issues of Thor were pretty good, but Jane was the weakest part of the first one where she has basically no part in the overarching story being set up (her entire appearance being dedicated to a dull-as-dishwater fight with She-Hulk), and she doesn't appear in the second at all. That's how much of a presence she has in her own fucking series.

Wonder Woman was a retarded cherry picked example. Try picking someone who doesn't have "Woman" or "Man" in their name.

If a woman went by the name Captain America, that wouldn't be intrinsically wrong. Or Hulk or Flash or Green Lantern.

What's the modern day Thor reading guide?

>No! You're wrong!
>Makes shitty DC analogies

Still doing the same retarded argument too. Show me the panel where Bill stopped being Beta Ray Thor and dont pull that retarded "burden of proof" shit this time to dodge the question so you dont expose yourself as a casual,

> Try picking someone who doesn't have "Woman"
Why? What difference does that make when it's a title? Especially when it is has been shared between other characters? Why would it change just for Steve Trevor?

Rodi's stories

Because you obviously can't have "Woman" in your title if you're not a woman any more than you can have "Bat" in your title if you have no bat theme on your costume.

Steve did become Captain Wonder, actually, for awhile when they couldn't figure out what to do with him.

He has been referred to as Beta Ray Thor for a grand total of four panels. One of which in the original story and never again in any main arc. Three in a back up story (one of which was a recap of a previous time). Four is a few. About three decades have passed since it has ever seen print in reference to him.

Secondly, Beta Ray Thor, not just Thor. Beta Ray Thor.

she only has the one run. it's good btw

Why can't a man be called Wonder Woman? it's just as gendered a title as Thor

If Loki can be a woman's name, so can Thor.

And not to mention Thor was turned into a woman in Earth-X and still called Thor.

So if Steve Trevor went around calling himself Diana, that would work better for you?

I wouldn't give a shit if they explained it in the comic.

>This argument again.

Do you know what proof is because thats not proof. Try again. Post the panel that proves your point that he isn't Beta Ray Thor anymore. Show me a panel. A panel. Prove you arent a memeing casual.

>He has been referred to as Beta Ray Thor for a grand total of four panels.

You mean the four panels the OP posted in that thread?

you tell me OP

Just stop. This autist has been doing this shit for months now and he won’t get it. He’s literally going to shitpost his way to being “right” here. I’ve seen other people go back and forth with him before and he does the same thing every time.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him reference a Thor comic directly.

I'm not saying he hasn't been referred to as Beta Ray Thor you blithering moron. i'm not saying you can't call him beta ray thor. i'm saying he was Beta ray Thor, not just Thor. And he was barely been referred to it as such to the point it is in extreme disuse. Using it as a justification for Jane Foster to assume the name of Thor is laughable. You obtuse prove a negative contrarian.

You keep referring to those panels, but I doubt you even read those stories where he is referred to as bill or beta ray bill at a far greater number.

I still see no proof or panels that prove your point. Only headcanon.

It's a pretty direct equivilant. Regardless of the name, wonder woman is specifically someone chosen from the amazons to be an emissary to the outside world. That means wonder woman has to be one of the amazons. It's just as ridiculous as that image makes it look if a male outsider were to grab the role.

So is Heimdall and Sif still related in the comics?

They are. Siblings I believe. had some nice bonding in Sif's Journey to Mystery arc

Look man if you aren’t going to back up your point with facts then you need to stop. You’re wrong. Accept it.

This. First volume was not so great, newer stuff is good.

Nah. You deserve his unrelenting autism for when you made those countless bait threads or derailed existing ones. Lie in the bed you made.

Marvel loves their clones. I can't believe Eric stayed dead. Didn't Defalco create another one recently? That kid still around?

Ya, he's out there somewhere with his hot valkyrie guardian

would you commit sifcest

I tip my hat to Frenz.

I have heard all the shit involving this character, but there was a sale so I bought all her comics for like $6 and I'll give her a chance. I have not read it yet, but I'm going to guess she is Jane Foster because who else would it be? I did also read Ms. Marvel and I did enjoy the original run and was pleasantly surprised, but now I keep coming back like an abused spouse. FemThor showed up in the new run and infuriated me so much, so I hope her original run is better.

>so I hope her original run is better
It isn't. Her first run is hands-down her worst, and is where all the memes about her character originate from.

>I'm going to guess she is Jane Foster because who else would it be?
Yeah, it's Jane. The first femthor run is pretty bad. It gets better after that but really nothing outstanding.

Which books are the first run and second run?

Jason aaron's mighty thor 2016?

I gave the book several issues to be good. At best it’s competent. If you are a fan of Thor then you will not like this run. It shits all over the characters and lore and wasted years on stupid “mysteries” everyone already figure out.

If you want a female Thor and don’t care how you get her then you might like this. Might.

Aaron's Thor, 2014ish
I think there were only about 8 or 9 issues.