What's the best book DC is publishing right now?

What's the best book DC is publishing right now?

Superwoman

Shade the Changing Girl

Green Lanterns amazingly enough

This, but it went on hiatus.

Red Hood or Super Sons. Aquaman is good but I wouldn't call it best.

Doom Patrol

If any of these are true then that's insanely depressing

These are all meme answers. It's
>Deathstroke
>Astro City
>Shade the Changing Girl
>Doom Patrol

I personally believe it is Astro City but YMMV

What exactly is wrong with Shade?

All New Superman

I didn't reply to Shade

If Vertigo counts, then Astro City

Deathstroke followed by Tom King's Batman

Doom Patrol, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Mister Miracle

Disregard me, I suck cocks.

>Tom King's Batman

Kek

Deathstroke. The rest of the serious answers are just as good, like Hal and Pals and Green Lanterns and Superman and Super Sons.

Also Astro city and Shade the Changing Girl. Forgot about those two

>Hal and Pals and Green Lanterns
>mediocre runs of Green Lantern
>best DC has to offer

You're either full of shit of Rebirth was a failure

Probably a GLfag who's gotten so used to shitty books that Hal n Pals and GLs seem good by comparison

ask me how I know ;_;

Aquaman

Say what you want about N52, but at least with all the shit they were pumping out, there were at least some hidden gems among them. Everything about Rebirth just feels so bland.

I'm enjoying RHATO the most, but I don't know that I'd call it the best. I'd probably give that to Deathstroke.

Still Deathstroke

Deathstroke>New Superman >>>>>everything else

Can someone explain to me why Deathstroke is so good as someone who hasn't read it? Aside from this one comic everyone seems to love, I've always just known him as a TT villain who loves to job.

Honestly it's hard for me to explain, but I feel like the twists/reveals are just generally very fulfilling. Generally just well executed with good setup.

I didn't know anything about the character before the series.

I read the first trade & found the writing difficult to follow. Just seemed like things were moving around a bit too much & I didn't have time to ground myself with the character. Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just dumb? Should I give the book another shot?

It's because of Christopher Priest. He singlehandedly made Deathstroke amazing just like he did to Black Panther 20 years ago. For the first ~twenty issues it was a very well written combo of mercenary work and family drama. Now it's something completely different to make sure it doesn't get stale, and it's still just as great.

It's possible that it's just not for you. Some of the scene transitions are awkward to me (in the sense that at times it does kind of feel like the jumps are sudden), but overall I didn't find it hard to follow.

Flash

Flash sucks. Secret organization that no one's ever heard of but had it's hands in everything is about as hack as a writer can get (I'm talking to you Snyder).

Also, just reading the Button and seeing the change in quality between issues should be enough for anyone to see just how bad it is.

the only thing that can save Flash is Flash War being about Wally trying to save his kids and Barry getting BTFO

It's ridiculous how little buzz Deathstroke is getting, given that it should have multiple reasons for it (good writing, a character that's obscure-yet-not enough for comic sites to report on, a diverse writer). And yet, there's very little.

Shade the Changing Girl, New Super-Man and Red Hood are the only books worth reading besides whatever Mark Russell is doing at any given time

>Say what you want about N52, but at least with all the shit they were pumping out, there were at least some hidden gems among them.
Something I really miss is the diversity in genres that the New 52 had. As someone who likes the fantasy side of the DC universe, the New 52 was great for me both in terms of quality and quantity.