American comics and cartoons

>American comics and cartoons
>Japanese manga and anime
Can we admit that the French currently produce the best comics and cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_J9uoLMhMhs
youtube.com/watch?v=HMYdimG8GFc
youtube.com/watch?v=AaHzFrdTq0o
youtube.com/watch?v=3PXHeKuBzPY
bedetheque.com/BD-Autre-Monde-Tome-1-Le-pays-roux-22823.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNYsbN4518
youtube.com/watch?v=3clkH3C5VFw
animationeurope.com/filmlist.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

I'm just glad the French are doing their own thing rather than try to copy what the US and Japan are doing. Its refreshing to see stuff aimed at kids that doesn't shy away from either saucy bits or more morbid aspects like death and pain.

Why are there so many weebs but no one knows about French shit?

You mean bande dessinée and dessin animé.
And nah, this really isn't our golden era, maybe back in the 60s-80s.

France copies both the US and especially Japan a fuckload, you just don't notice it apparently.

Probably cause anime is easier to pirate than cartoons, also fast subs

>Can we admit that the French currently produce the best comics and cartoons?

Don't you mean animé ?

A lot of French stuff is anime as fucc

>Comics
Maybe, I haven't really been in deep on French comic, what I have seen looks good
>Cartoons
Hellllllllllllllll no

>What is Wakfu
>What is Last Man
The 2 best cartoons of the year are both French faggot.

They do really nice animation but they need to get their shit together when it comes to audio and dub recording.

producing good fapbait doesn't equal a good cartoon, you dirty frog

Wakfu sucks.
Lastman is overrated on Sup Forums because "muh serious action cartoon".
t. France

You have shit taste user.

How about Miraculous Ladybug and Zak Storm.

What about Oggy and the cockroasties

>coming for someone who thinks Ankama's turd is the peak of art
No u.

>Miraculous Ladybug
Fucking awful.
>Zak Storm
Haven't watched.

Solid. I have a softer spot for Space Goofs though.

Wakfu is cute but in terms of quality basically the same lukewarm shit Voltron is, only with good art instead of mediocre art

Except it has top tier lore and great fights.

I keep hearing that from semi reliable sources but I can't find any good French comics besides Valerian.
Recommendations for good French comics?

Pic related is fucking amazing. Also the Wakfu comics are good.

the french are some of the best artists, but are the worst writers in the biz.

For the comics, a solid Yes. But for the cartoons, holy shit NO. Maybe graphically they are ok for the 2D cartoons but the 3D ones are just disgusting. And also the plot in their cartoons are just edgy and awkward as shit, it just makes me want to puke. And I know that as a French studying in animation school. everyone in my class just have these edgy ideas and shit humor.

If you think about it, Code Lyoko was a pretty damn good show that came out France's asshole a decade ago, albeit MoonScoop took hints from the East.

>Comics
Europe in general is pretty rock solid. France and Belgium generally have the bigger known names under their belt, like Asterix and Oblix, or Tin Tin.

As for cartoons most of the popular ones have already been mentioned in the thread

Waltz with Bashir
youtube.com/watch?v=_J9uoLMhMhs

The Triplets of Belle-Ville
youtube.com/watch?v=HMYdimG8GFc

Les Lascars
youtube.com/watch?v=AaHzFrdTq0o

Persepolis
youtube.com/watch?v=3PXHeKuBzPY

The ONLY 2

Actually i disagree. The firsts books were very good but the drawings started to be much "simpler" and same with the writing... (less details in the scenery, short dialogues...)
Tho the story is still interesting.

I personally recommend Jules from emile bravo, de cape et de croc, and i'd say Garulfo.
I think it might br the best comics i've read

This.

Also, what is your school ?

last man is the best western animation I have ever seen.

3D animation in IIM - Léonard de Vinci - La Défense. Not the best of the best but we manage a lot and do some scenarios.

Initially wanted to go there to study IT before i saw the price. It has a reputation, not the best but quute good. Gl in your studies

This tbqh

Also shit MC's

As a french living in fucking Angoulême, i say NO
Fuck them with their guilt ridden, realistic everyday-life drama, i can't fucking stand it anymore ! I want my Donjon back ! I want Ledroit and Mills working together again ! FUCK !

Art evolves. Because you dont like it doesnt mean it's bad. But i agree for ledroit and mills

Based french, how did they do it ?? ? ?

Yeah the price is quite anoying, but I think there are ways to get the price reduced I don't know how. Also for the 3D class we get a designated class with some cool ass computers, so it's fine. Thx bud

Evolving means diversity. What enrage me is that 90% of french production is realistic shit, from Blog-BD to BD-journalism to slice of life of some stupid 11year girl for Paris 15eme.
Where is my goddamn fantasy and sci-fi ?!

Zag cartoons are ugly.

Zag more like ZOG

>new macron's law
>think French art will survive another 5 years
it's already dying.

French art died 200 years ago

I'm pretty drunk rightt now so sure why not?

/thread

the french produce shit?

>>new macron's law
can someone give me a quick rundown?

>new macron's law
Not a frog. Explain pls

Pic related and the first volume ''Le pays roux'' is insanely good. The other volumes haven't been translated into my language so I have not read them.
bedetheque.com/BD-Autre-Monde-Tome-1-Le-pays-roux-22823.html

Norwegian?

Swedish. I got the second volume for christmas when I was 12-13 and I found the first in second-hand bookshop when I was 19. And I learned yesterday that additional volumes have been made since 2011. But the art, the universe and the storytelling is so amazing I will probaably try to pick up the french versions anyway and try to learn some basic french and use a translator or something, just to be able to read them.

Nigga that's only two, don't judge based solely on those you daft cunt

Or else?

They're there, but don't discount the rest of Europe as well.

To be fair though, I'm looking at European animation as a whole rather than the current zeitgeist. What's come out recently seems better than anything in America though.

France puts out something once every 6 months.
Japan shits out 20 new episodes of 20 new shows every week.
Murrika shoves ttgo down your throat 24/7.
It's not hard to see why people don't know it.

That and hiatuses to hell and back.
Been hearing Miraculous has been getting as bad as we used to.

Like?

I wish more French comics were translated into English.

They often get translated into German, Spanish, Italian... but only get translated into English if they see a shot at the American market.

Guess I can't blame them considering how cunty the English are but I thought the classic FrancoBelgian comics sold well in the UK.

Metabaron 5 just came out. so there's your sci-fi.

i want to believe ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNYsbN4518

You are just living lies.

Hon hon

hon hon hon

Well, if you look at the last few years...
>The Golden Horse (Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania/Luxembourg)
>Lisa Limone and Marc Orange (Estonia/Finland)
>The Shaun the Sheep movie (UK)
>My Life as a Zucchini (Switzerland)
>POS ESO (Spain)
>Cinderella the Cat (Italy)
>Loving Vincent (UK/Poland)
>Ethel and Ernest (UK)
>Birdboy: The Forgotten Children (Spain)
I could go on but I think I made my point. All of these are willing to try something different with varying tones and styles. And again, these are movies that exclude France in any form.
With France in the mix, Europe is spanking America when it comes to innovation in the animation industry. And it's also why I'm borderline apathetic about American animated movies.

I guess I'm also talking about this in the historical sense, too. There are a lot of good animated European that aren't French, even though France is the most prolific.

Pro tip: frog legs are a British invention, not a French one.

You're right. Here are some good animated titles from Germany:

Just watched the entire fucking thing in one go. Fucking based.

big bad fox looks good
youtube.com/watch?v=3clkH3C5VFw

Historically Germany has had a decent output of animation, though. At the very least, a German woman made The Adventures of Prince Achmed, the first European animated movie ever.

I don't know how many people have heard of this site but it's pretty excellent.
animationeurope.com/filmlist.asp

>Eurotrash Comics