How did we go from this

How did we go from this....

....to this....

and wtf was this shit, even? Doesn't even fit with the next, actual design

....to this?

did they straight up rip the battlecruisers from starcraft?

WTF is up with this design, and this stinger as a whole? So, you have an alien.... thing that looks KINDA like JL SW, and you have 3 cubes representing the mother cubes, but... what is this scene? What is that alien creature? Is it a projection from one of the robot things on the ship? Is it a vision from... something, and if so what? Why does this alien thing look kinda close in concept but nothing like the actual SW from JL? This is so confusing.

It's a kryptonian ship showing Steppenwolf as a sort of mythological boogieman.

They should have used Kalibak

They shouldn't have used The New Gods in the first place. You don't start with an Apokolips invasion. Starro is better

They should have used Eisenberg as Godfrey in BvS, Desaad creating Doomsday, and alluded to Pa Kent being manipulated by Anti-Life.

Then had Granny and the Furies, Kalibak and Steppenwulf vying individually for the mother boxes in JL.

that is why the scene was removed

This must be a ruse

>Starro is better

Just what we need, more movies where heroes fight other heroes.

>Superman had trouble fighting off Zod and his crew
>Superman had trouble fighting off Doomsday
>Proceeds to destroy Steppenwolf, like he's a 3 yr old

don't forget he also beat the shit out of the rest of the league

>Not wanting them to fight the big dumb starfish
Shit taste. Starro even allows the creativity beyond simple hero vs hero

Anyone have a video of the steppenwolf v superman fight?

The entire movie is ball-washing Superman to refurbish him from the last two dreadful movie appearances.

Remember the scene where Bruce is pining for him because he was a better "human being" than he was?

Wonder Woman is reduced to a character who "should have been as great as Superman, but just didn't have the mental fortitude for it".

JL wants you to forget that he was a mopey autist for 33 years and then saved people for an entire year (maybe).

Just think of the possible body horror.

A fight would imply that Steppenwulf even touched him. Supes watches one of his punches go by him in SLOW MO then puts down a curb stomping on him.

It'd be interesting to see the League try and save possessed citizens that were actively trying to kill them.

Diana on the other hand, puts a God Slayer move on Steppenwulf and it merely drives him back 20 feet, it doesn't even knock him down.

Wonder Woman gets completely shit on to prop up Supes.

It'd be downright eerie and near impossible. Imagine that, an entire city working as one mind, swarming the Justice League. They'd either have to really hold back, or just run until a plan was devised. Its basically a massive hostage situation.

Starro has no potential to carry over for multiple movies. Darkseid and his royal court does.

And it would be super boring, where a plot device resolves everything at the last second.

Really?
What is a mob going to do to Clark, Diana and Aquaman? They'd be hard pressed to even see the Flash. Batman just stays on the rooftops/in a jet, Cyborg flies.

This is the sort of thing that would vex the Suicide Squad if they had orders not to kill anyone.

Not every movie needs to fucking set up another. Thats part of why this shared universe shit gets old real fast and why the plot suffers. You want to build up Darkseid? Do a New Gods movie, not dividing up shit like they did with Steppenwolf.
The point being is that The League can't hurt them because they're all just innocent civilians. As for an actual threat, there are several options. An army comprised of a thousand conquered alien races, hosts mutating into weird Starro monsters, or just the big Starro himself.

>unite the seven
so aren't we a member short?

WB still traumatized by Green Lantern

the why they advertise it that way? i'm really confused about that also the green lanterns that apear during the flashback were cool

>Starcraft spaceships

I just assumed Mera was meant to be the 7th member, but then they scrapped that in Whedon's version.

Why are you acting like that was a widely used promotion and not dropped almost immediately?

>An army comprised of a thousand conquered alien races, hosts mutating into weird Starro monsters, or just the big Starro himself.

Why not all three?

Also, it was only used for Aquaman, so it could actually be in regards to the Seven Seas?

>widely used promotion
it was the first big campaign then they change it for the "you can't save the world alone" not so long ago

Well that CGI monstrosity was awful. The New Gods are human looking so why not live action? Cast the New Gods Sup Forums !

Granny Goodness

How the fuck do you "unite" bodies of water? Which are already "united" in any case?

Nah, Helen Mirren.

>Not casting Ed Asner in drag.

they shoulda just gone with this look. just go full satan on it. guy with horn helmet sucks

Like Snyder himself, you can expect fanboys to engage in a lot of history revision in the coming months.

We've already established that "WB never intended for this to be their Avengers!".

i agree if they used an actual actor for SW the movie would have being more enjoyable

STILL better than the MCU

Highfather

Can someone tell me why everyone hates Steppenwolf so much? I didn't like him but he didn't seem any worse than half the other capeshit villains in movies that never got this level of negative reception. And I at least liked his voice and some of his build-up, which isn't much, but more than I can say for Malekith, Enchantress, Red Skull, Apocalypse, and the guy in Doctor Strange.

see this is why you are a fag JL is basically a marvel movie

Oh that's fucking perfect.

Steppenwulf is exactly as good as Apocalypse or Malekith.
That's exactly the problem.

like user said a few post ago is the fact that he is crappy sgi what makes him disgusting, for example the fight with the amazons was rad but every time he was on screen i wanted to turn my head away

This. There's just nothing to him. I don't care enough about him to hate him

THIS

The scenes on Paradise Island really did look terrible. Like legit "this is a PS3 cut scene" especially when it first panned over the island to where they were keeping the mother box

>Live action Darkseid

Well for that you need a huge bald dude who would look good grey with weird textures all over his body. Where would you find a guy like that?

Didn't he fuck Diana?

I think so. Or they retconned it later but by that point Worlds End was going on and who remembers that literal holocaust?

He killed a bunch of Diana's sisters and threatened to rape her mom. It was hilariously inappropriate for a comic book movie villain so a lot of people laughed.

>nd threatened to rape her mom.

No he said he would love her, that they all would

I mean she would love him

Tell me this isn't up in theaters. Wouldn't this end up some lawsuit or something? Gotta be some leaked prototype where they just used Raynor's ship as a filler.

I hate this shit, why is it so hard for people to accept the New God's as Kirby intended? What's the point in using them if you're going to make them generic demon monsters.

Why does he look like an action figure?

Literally looks like an action figure. Fucking hell!

there's no one else, she is literally granny goodness
i like it
bretty good. i think ron perlman wouldnt be bad as darkseid either

>orion
tom hardy

>mister miracle
matt damon

>big barda
bridget regan

I pity the original writer who had an amazing start but got buttfucked by the company.

>battlecruiser rushing
>when the zerg player already has all those weird mutas

Desaad here. 10 years ago I would have gone with Tim Curry

>[Muffled Oh nononono in the distance]

I'm OK with this choice.

Good news, it's not up in theaters because it was a fan poster made by Reddit.

/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/6rdf2c/fanmade_justice_league_steppenwolf_poster/

>Bridget Regan as Big Barda
Bridget Regan could've pulled off Wonder Woman, not Barda. Gina Carano could pull off Big Barda.

Look at this dood...oh no no no look at the top of his HEAD, *wheeze* AHAHAHAHA look at his LIPS HAHAHA