Was it just Archer with 80's synth? Why couldn't it have stayed for another season?

Was it just Archer with 80's synth? Why couldn't it have stayed for another season?

also, pizzaz is best slap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oz57_qdRSxc
youtube.com/watch?v=GjGytV9Rf0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was nothing like Archer really.
It couldn't stay because Comedy Central wanted it dead.

It was nothing like Archer

Bad first episode and then CC sabotaged it. I enjoyed it though, but even when it premiered I knew we'd get only one season.

we know what we're here for, and it's lewd. post em

Because the premiere was cripplingly unfunny.

How about a rework, same setting and Patrick Nagel art style and music. But either a better crew of writers or maybe a more overarching plot?

Can really see it being picked up by Netflix.

No thanks, I liked the show as it was.

It's one of those shows where it starts out bad but gets progressively better. I think it ended on a stellar note, but it left me wanting more. The worldbuilding was exceptional and the characters endearing. I miss it.

>Because this show failed we'll never get another Nagel-inspired cartoon

At least we got a bit of good r34 before it died...

it's long dead now for it to get picked up again. I really like the art direction.

I really enjoyed it, art style, characters, writing and all. I think we all knew it's chance of getting another season were slim but then again that's all animated shows on CC not named South Park. Rad was the best.

I don't fully like it

way too much of it was spent doing late-90s gross-out potty humor

it definitely needed to take itself MORE seriously

like, not fully seriously, if it's supposed to be a comedy at all, but avoid "I JUST SHAT MY PANTS AGAIN" humor

wat show?

Moonbeam City

youtube.com/watch?v=oz57_qdRSxc
say what you will about the pacing or meme jokes
but that fucking theme song was goat

>waifubeam city is never coming back
youtube.com/watch?v=GjGytV9Rf0c

i discovered moonbeam city about the same time as all the other 80s themed that was everywhere a few years ago
>kung fury
>hotline miami
>fuck you i dont want to think hard
despite that it felt pretty unique like the rest, weird to think that such a specific aesthetic could have such a diversity of media, stranger things was released a year later and it was great and only added to that thought

Comedy Central didn't want to give it a chance. Most shows take at least the first 2 seasons to get the gist of what they are trying to be. They killed another fav of mine as well.

Unlikable characters and bad story lines.

They killed that for Brickleberry

Didn't Tosh push that Brickleberry show hard?

No, archer dialogue is good

makes sense.
most older millennials and the group slightly before them, most young and mid adults, reminiscent on the 80's.
And let's be honest, 80's may have some real corny stuff, but it was that weird mingle of what they thought were the future (lasers, synths, neon lighting, mixing of electronics with life) and all the decadent glitz and glamor.
That said, I really liked Pizzaz's design.

>Why couldn't it have stayed for another season?
Production cost. The VA cast alone were reasonably notable celebrities who were working on other projects.

Also, if we're being honest, it wasn't that funny.

The job.

Killer is Dead.

Those last three episodes of the season were perfect comedy.
>Brad having to Kaiser Soze his way through insurance fraud
>Brad being stuck in the matrix with the perfect digital family
>Dual revolving restaurants
This show could have been great judging by those
>Mfw this died so Legends of Chamberlain High could happen

>Brad

Who?

Wasn't that the guys name? Or are you meming

I had really grown to enjoy Ugly Americans.

>Legends of Chamberlain Hig
>Lost over a million and a half viewers after South Park lead
>Shit ratings
>Still got picked up for season 2

He was named Rad, all of the characters' names were typical 80s buzzwords.

It was closer to Metalocalypse than Archer.

Rad.
>Well the other day I was diggin' away at an ol' rotten tree trunk and got thinkin.....What does god look like?

That was my first thought but upon reflection you'll notice Moonbeam City isn't oversaturated with copious bloom.

Oh duh that makes sense.
Because, you know, he was the raddest dude on the planet

I really wish Adult Swim would pick it up or something. It was a pretty damn decent show and would probably fit in with the "Mike Tyson Mysteries"/Venture Bros./Frisky Dingo kinda shows.

I keep forgetting that Brickleberry had like...3-4 seasons. What the fuck?

it sucked ass. that beautiful aesthetic was wasted on the most generic writing possible. they could've done their own thing with it but instead they just aped every other mumblecore adultswim show and it had absolutely nothing unique going for it.

still better than Bluepilled South Park

It was mostly slap stick comedy dumbass. I swear people on Sup Forums all want to be media critics but don't even understand the shit they critique.

> Rad seems like a hot jerk but he's actually a fat loser
I can dig the loser angle but come on.