General Zod is the best live action villain so far

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOmrdVPmrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is a fact. Nothing to discuss.

Batman was a better villain.

lex is way better

I can't agree. He has no reason/need to destroy the earth and the people that live there. He has a fucking terraforming machine and can setup shop just about anywhere. Why pick an unnecessary fight?

All he had to do was approach Clark and explain things like a rational person. Clark would have helped him. Instead, ME FIGHT YOU!!!

I like Snyder's Zod more than I liked old Zod. He was a compelling and sympathetic character. I loved the speech he gave at the end about how his actions were justified because they were in service of Krypton.

This. BvS unaware villian Batman was dope. We need more badguy Bats.

>He has a fucking terraforming machine and can setup shop just about anywhere.
False. You need to have a stable foundation, Zod says as much. He can turn Earth into Krypton but not Mars into Krypton. Also he needed Clark's Codex otherwise he wouldn't have enough people to repopulate.

Even if you were right he's leagues better than any other DCEU or MCU villain.

Nah.

He means this guy, stupid.

In general? Lolnope

Classic Zoe was a thousand times better. Despite all the exposition New Zoe had, I never had a sense of his character beyond "I love Krypton, I'm a soldier." He was all dialogue and no charisma or attitude. The original Zod just oozed a charismatic sense of power, self-importance, and disgust anything not himself. You really got a feel for who he was and why him being released is bad without more than a brief opening sequence.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOmrdVPmrI

MOS had to spell out to me why Zod is a threat, while S2 simply put him on the screen.

>Zoe

Fuck me for my phone using.

He's the best DCEU villain so far. And he's still pretty shit

The best live action villains in order:
1. Ledger Joker
2. Vulture
3. Doc Ock

The order is a little debatable but these three have the most compelling and memorable personalities and motivations, and in the case of Doc Ock also the best fight scene.

Actually add Magneto to that list, I always forget about X-Men.

>He has no reason/need to destroy the earth and the people that live there
Well he does have a reason/need to destroy the earth and that Humanity doesn't fucking matter, they are the inferior natives that are just nuisances to the rebirth of krypton.

If we don't count just capeshit, I think Kevin from Sin City counts due to be being truly terrifying

>any version of Joker
>compelling in any way
Joker is by definition a boring one-note character.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

The best? No.

Shannon's Zod is one of the best capeshit villains for sure, though.

>Why pick an unnecessary fight?
Because he was literally born to be a solider.
>All he had to do was approach Clark and explain things like a rational person.
Zod is not a rational person. Not only is he an extremist but he also just has a completely alien value system so there's not a lot of common ground to even go on.
>Clark would have helped him.
I don' know about that, his demands were pretty unreasonable.

The best live action capeshot villain is OBJECTIVELY Tom Cavanagh as Eobard Thawne. Zod was a shit villain played by an actor who gave 300% to the role and tricked people into thinking he was a good villain. Every DCEU villain is shit, whereas Marvel has a handful of good ones.

>CW trash
>good in any way

>gave 300% to the role
By constantly yelling like a retard and making dumb faces?
Wow. what great acting.

No, he doesn't, he basically says "the foundation has to be built on something" to Superman. He literally does not give a fuck. And he could've just asked for Superman to donate blood.

He and Superman don't even get any proper interaction, despite it being the first time Kal was meeting someone of his own race and how Zod was friends with his father. The most we get is the greeting on board the Black Zero, where Kal acts like a dick to Zod because he's an idiot, before Zod becomes a cardboard cut-out of a bad guy who wants to destroy everything because dumb reasons.

The only reason Zod looks good now is because every DCEU villain that came afterwards sucked even harder than he did.

You can’t deny that Gandalf gave a good performance in the first two X-Men films, and Michael Fassbender was good in first class.

We don’t have to judge them on their total collective film appearances, as they were both overused.

One note played to perfection is better than symphony played offkey.

He's a extremist millitant user. All he knows is warfare and he doesn't give a damn about diplomacy.

You mean the Riddler disguised als Lex Luthor

>This is what MCUcks actually believe
Vulture was completely forgettable. He was just less shit than the usual MCU villain.

>whereas Marvel has a handful of good ones.
No they don't. It's a reoccurring criticism that their villains are terrible. I am certain they will botch Thanos.

>There are people who don't think Lex Zuckerberg is the best DC villain
really spoke to my soul when he started talking about Gods and Devils

Better than any DCEU villain too when you remember the choices are:
>Autistic Yelling Kryptonian
>Autistic Lex
>Dooms-barely-a-character-day
>Pop and Lock Witch
>Mustache Ares
>Steppenboring

The evil German antagonists in Wonder Woman are the only ones that approach any level of actual character or memorability.

>Better than any DCEU villain
Nope. His reasons for doing what he does are retarded. Zod is better than him.

You're making the mistake of thinking that good characters are characters who look to be rational and reasonable.

>Vulture's motives are retarded
>This is said in defense of Zod
Dcfags are delusional.

Wrong
Vulture waa relatable, he did not want to take over the world or any of that shit. He just wanted to nake some money after Stark screwed him and protect his daughter. Vulture did nothing wrong except accidebtly killing shocker. Spiderman and iron man where the villains.

He really wasn't to be honest

>I'm going to fuck over Earth and turn its atmosphere into a red sun filter
>dude, zod, we could have God like power and help guide the humans they would worship us
>fuck you Jor El, the effects of yellow sun light hurt, you'd want our people to suffer like your son has suffered
>have you seen the kind of powers you-
>shut the fuck up Jor El reeeeeeeee

Zod and Ares are the only good villains in the DCEU.

Unironically Bane from TDKR is the best live action villain and it's not cause of the memes that have been spawned here. His performance was masterful only weighed down by Talia's involvement.

Everything about Kryptonians other than Superman himself sucks in all media, and Zod is first in that shit line. That's my discussion.

Zod kind of had a point though. And his sole purpose was to create nuKrypton, not share Earth.

Wow it's almost as if he's an extremist.

That's not Eobard.