Marvel mandates "no magic" on tv

>Marvel mandates "no magic" on tv
>Nico and the Staff of One now use "super advanced tech"

Why are Marvel's TV execs so incompetent?

>no magic
But Ghost Rider was in shield?

Please tell me that's not true. The Staff of One was in Dr. Strange for fuck's sake.

So..Molly is not a mutant, huh? And her parents are cut, she's adopted by Gert's parents.

Alan Seppinwall mentioned it in his review of Runaways, that Schwartz mentioned it. May get more detail in the full interview out tomorrow.

No clue how it fits with Ghost Rider, unless "extra dimensional hell force" doesn't count as magic?
Always figured she would be an inhuman. Sad about the parents getting cut, could have tied them into Attilan or Daisy's mom's thing.

>Marvel TV undermining their own touted connection to the MCU

Leave it to Perlmutter to yank defeat from the jaws of victory.

The first few episodes were leaked for like a month, but in russian. I speak the damn language, but I can't bear the way their dubbers butcher the material.

>Marvel mandates "no canon" on tv

Did they really? After making it not blood related too because that might trigger cutters?

Every time I think it might be ok some info comes out that is terrible. Or I look at Gert or Molly's actresses.

At least Gifted is still decent.

>After making it not blood related too because that might trigger cutters?
Wouldn't it embolden them instead?

In what sense?

They took it out because they didn't want to give teen girls any ideas cause they figured that was their audience.

>ghost rider
What? I don't remember that.

Except that magic is in now due to doctor strange. I bet Nico will meet Dr. Strange at one point.

Is that why they added a reference to Daredevil after Perlmutter was booted?

Leave it to Ike the Kike to fuck everything up.

Source or you are a faggot

Ahe looks damn good though..wew

That's crap. I actually laughed while i was sickened about her casting on her period

Jeph Loeb is retarded,

I think we can now see it was the Creative Committee who pushed the "magic is science" stuff into Thor.

>>Marvel mandates "no magic" on tv
What in tha actual fuck? Why?

Honestly, Marvel TV would be better if it didn't have to drop a reference to a latest movie once in a while.

Isn't Runaways outside MCU cannon? Just has the same show execs

what reference

probably just as canon as any other tv show.

You're fucking joking right now, right?

netflix shows didn't even reference anything outside the first avengers tho, calling The Battle Of New York as The Incident

If you don't remember its because you didn't watch the last season, he was a big part of it

>muh science
>no magic reeee
Y'all motherfuckers need to stop listening to Stark and allow DOOM in your lives.

>no magic on tv
>on tv
>tv
>TEE
>VEE

Is that why he just won an award for his TV work? Because to me it seems like Disney knows that Perlmutter is the problem

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait, season 5 is out?

Coulson keeps getting the powerups. Holoshield, robo arm, now ghost rider powers

Tony's a good boi. He prays every night.

It's in the comic, you know-nothing filth.

Metro General Hospital. It's a ficitional hospital only found in the Marvel Universe, first introduced in the MCU in Daredevil season one.
12/1/17

>it was only temporary. they needed to get close to her but she was scared shitless of GR

The Staff of One was in Dr. Strange's prelude comic

Can't believe Tony euthanized Hap.

Karolina isnt an alien either.
Her parents lead a cult and genetically modified her to be their messiah.

Isn't Loeb still involved with TV? There's your answer. The guy just needs to meddle with everything he can for no reason.

I want you to be lying

Loeb just won an award for his TV work the same year Inhumans, Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher came out and Loeb answers to Perlmutter. Dosney knows who is the real problem

Who cares? If the writing is good why does it matter?

Stupid executive mandates are still stupid.

Well they have to be diverse. That was the point of the group, everyone was extremely different

Why did I let myself get excited...

Silly user, diverse just means non-white now

Reviews are good...but that's from people who haven't read the comic. I have a feeling i won't be able to watch cause of a severe case of Not Muh

AoS is not cannon

Because being an extraterrestrial was the one interesting thing about Karolina aside from her sexuality. The storyline about her arranged marriage to end an interstellar war was great and they're pretty much shooting themselves in the foot in season 2 by closing off the possibility of that ever happening

>Dogs of Hell appear in AoS season one, later appear in DD season two and TP season one
>Judas Bullet appears in LC, later appears in AoS season four
>In season one of AoS it is said that Daisy grew up in St. Agnes Orphanage, in DD season one we learn Matt Murdock also grew up there.
>Inhumans reference events from AoS and have the same glyphs as their language
>AoS season one introduces Blackout and the concept of Darkforce, Darkforce appears in AC season two, Darkforce is what gives Cloak his powers in Cloak and Dagger
>DD season two has a gang war, news ticker in AoS season three talks about it
>Daisy mentions knowing Micro in AoS season two, Micro will appear in TP season one
>Crusher Creel appears in AoS season two, Jack Murdock boxes Creel in DD season one
>The headline "Cybertek Settles" is seen in DD season two, Cybertek was introduced in AoS season one as the creators of Deathlok
>WHiH World News first appears in The Incredible Hulk, late appears in Iron Man 2, Daredevil season one, AoS seasons one through four, JJ season one, LC season one, IF season one, and Ant-Man and Civil War bonus features released online
>Agent Sitwell appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one, returns in The Winter Soldier
>Lady Sif appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one.
>Hydra weapons appear in Avengers, later appear in AoS season one, return in Age of Ultron
>Dr. List appears in post-credit scene for The Winter Soldier, later appears in AoS, returns Age of Ultron
And lastly, but most importantly, the thing that ties the TV shows to the films
>Metropolitan General Hospital first appears in DD season one, later appears in Doctor Strange
Stay mad head-canoners

>I have a feeling i won't be able to watch cause of a severe case of Not Muh
Runaways is one of the few things that I know I won't be able to put this aside for...

>sexuality
>interesting

Yeah, that was a heavy scene.

user my fastest growing collection in comics is erotica, from humor to horror i love that shit. Got another one in the mail, Shame.

I'm sorry you're a sexless bitter NEET but normal people really like reading about or watching human relationships because they're, like, the world's most common source of emotion and drama.

To not offend Muslim/ evangelical christian viewers , of course.

i guess they where try to cut cost on special effects and cgi?

or maybe some retarded religious views that magic is of the devil?

Kek, nice projecting. I'm actually bisexual, nothing of what you said has anything to do with sexual preferences (sexuality)

But he is right that her sexual preference does add for drama given what it meant for Xavin.

>sexuality
>only about what gender you are attracted to

Fuck off pleb.

oh, thank god!

>>Marvel mandates "no magic" on tv
said who? I missed that.

>One change is institutionally-mandated: per Schwartz (from a spoiler-filled interview running tomorrow), Marvel Television has a “no magic” rule, which means what was sorcery in the comics is here treated as advanced technology that just looks like magic. It’s dumb, but as we’ve seen from many of the recent Marvel TV shows, their executive decisions are often head-scratchers.
>Agents of SHIELD season one has Darkforce, season four has the Darkhold
Makes no sense

Because why want to use characters if you're going to fundamentally alter important parts of their character.

Runaways has very little canon. It's completely unnecessary to make these changes. They don't have to pick and choose from various comic canons. I understand changing things to let it flow better as a TV show but if Karolina is modified that serves no purpose to the canon plot but alters it to make a completely new conflict.

They took out the time travel and made Gert's parents biologists, which changes their perspective on why they joined and kills several future events. They killed off Molly's parents which changes her arc and motivation. They made Chase smarter. They made them an open cult which should change how people react to all the characters. If Karolina's not an alien that's kills Xavin's plot, granted there wasn't much of a chance for him anyway. It's just unnecessary. It's completely possible to expand their origins and even change stuff they have to legally without altering it so much.

I swear to god if they change the Mole I'm going to shit a brick on the internet for years. I know it doesn't matter to anyone, but this is Sup Forums and we bitch.

Yeah, but what if the writing is good?

It can't be good if it's wrong.

Nice desperate reply, you attention seeking faggot.

Can't it though? If the characters are likable, if the plot is solid, if the pacing is great, and if their is a balanced mix of emotions is that good?

Not him but if you merely want to watch something good there are plenty of other TV shows out there. There is little point in making a Runaways show that isn't adapting Runaways. The entire point of adaptions is to promote the existing brand, it makes no sense to make things so different that the new material does nothing in the long run.

No? If you set out to make a movie about Greek Mythology but made a "good" movie about Teen girls in India you didn't make a good Greek Mythology movie.

>allows cult
>but magic is too much

Don't worry they'll change the comics soon enough

>group of teens with abilities discover their parents are superheroes
>have basically the same powers in the comics
>have dinosaur
>runaway
Sounds like an adaptation to me

Hey if you enjoy it then take what you can, life is too short to find fault in the few things that amuse us. But don't expect other people to do the same if it's not up to their standards.

Nico Minoru in Runaways played by Lyrica Okano.

What if the writing is good though? I will never understand, "not muh" not being able to comprehend that something they don't like is still good. I hate The Dark Knight. It's a terrible Batman film, but it's a good film.

Nico is the main character. If they change her from magic to science it ruins her character. Cause she's a rebel, she hates school and hates the normal. Suddenly her using tech makes no sense. She might even throw the Staff of One in the trash if she finds out its technology. She only can't cause the magic is bound to her soul

thank you and fuck them

I mean I guess Man of Steel is an excellent movie then. Catwoman, The Last Airbender, Dragon Ball. I'm sure we could keep going.

> discover their parents are superheroes

Good Job, bud. That's already wrong.

You have a brain disorder if you really can't comprehend the idea of disappointment even when things overall are good. A NFL quarterback feels bad when he throws an interception even though he's one of the top 32 people in the world with his skillset. This is a fairly normal concept.

>picks things with only awful writing when my argument is that something can be good despite not being accurate to the source material

>football
Oh sorry, didn't know how brainless you actually are.

You're still missing the point. A good show that gets the characters wrong is not a good show about the characters.

It's a cookie cutter show made hitting all the points that get normies happy forcing established characters into those roles. Look at Riverdale. They could have not called it that and changed the characters names and people would still like it because they like teen angst.

Why do you find the writing awful?

I saw TLA without having seen the show and it was a fine popcorn movie. Not a great movie but entertaining.

Having seen the show since, yes they quite altered the characters changing who they were at their core, but the movie still depicted the basic point, I think. As much as a single movie could. Same powers. Same conflict. Hit the some of the same plot points leaving out the chuff.

Man of Steel was a good movie, but a terrible Superman movie.

>Man of Steel was a good movie
>Defending a movie as being a popcorn flick
How does it feel to be a literal Hitler?

That was cut desu

>Ghost Rider is posessed by a fiery demon on AoS
>Iron Fist channels chi
>The Hand grinds up dragon bones to bring people back from the dead and live forever
>”no magic”

Nobody was talking about canonicity. We're discussing a supposed mandate about "no magic" in any Marvel TV productions, except Agents of Shield did magic last season.

What?
But they've trying to tie into movies like Doctor Strange and Thor and GotG which had celestials.

Riverdale is shit, but not because it isn't like the comics

>TLA
>entertaining
I haven't seen the show, but the movie was boring as fuck. Never saw Dragon Ball, but Catwoman is terrible. Cliche, awful dialogue, and unlikable characters.
>Man of Steel was a good movie
No

So assuming one or more of these is the original commentor; give an example of a movie where the "writing was good" but they got the characters wrong. Since you're the one that keeps making the claim without any examples.

Blame Isaac Perlmutter, who was quarantined to Marvel TV by Feige so he couldn't shit up the movies any more.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Big Hero 6
Take two

Maybe they'll have more info in the interview tomorrow. No clue how they'll justify all the existing magic.

>no magic
... Why?

> There's no magic but the Darkhold, arguably the most magic thing in the entire Marvel universe, was in AoS.