Americans actually have to register to vote

>Americans actually have to register to vote

what the fuck? why isn't your ID sufficient like in any other first-world country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTrvkqRaYTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They dont have IDs, or so I am told.

You elected someone who's doing irreparable damage to Europe. Don't fucking talk to me.

I had to register (not specifically for this election, but in general) and had to present ID.

How else are the niggers that are too lazy to get an ID gonna vote?

Your driver's license?

Our laws are designed to *prevent* people from voting. There are plenty of people that want to roll back direct election of senators ffs.

It's a fucking meme. All males have to register for the draft when they turn 18. Registering for the draft also registers you to vote. So only women have to register and the less women voting the better

Man don't fucking talk to me, I'm here to destroy the white race I'm not here to save it

Yeah

They dont even check your ID, I just gave them a name and I was IN

Apparently illegals have been voting, which if is true makes me wonder if registering is every enough

Using id in voting is racist, apparently

how can an illegal vote when they are not even citizens wtf?

^ This. STFU ahmed.

Libshits think IDs are racist for some reason

In France you need to be registered and you need to show your ID and electoral card

If you're a man, you must register with the selective service to vote.

Also, because our elections are done by state, registration confirms that you are from that state and can vote there. Otherwise you would get people bussing from states that are a lock to battleground states to cast votes.

liberals think blacks are too stupid to have ID

but an ID includes your nationality. so not only is it a much simpler and fairer system it's also better?

I thought you didn't have to register for the draft you'll just forgo "privileges" like college loans and stuff if you don't?

its to prevent the DNC from boating over the whole of Sweden so they can vote for Hillary

does an american ID not include their state of residence?

>Election is around the corner
>Get a mail from the government where your designated democracy centre is (usual a school or something like that)
>If I lose the mail I can always check the web, call and several other ways to know where it is
>Get there
>Present ID
>Vote
>Leave

How is the US election any different?

Cause Muh Norites are too poor or stupid to go get an ID like every other person does.

If you want to vote you must accept the possibility of being Drafted, or Jury Duty. So you register.

you can't vote unless you register beforehand. just showing up on the day of the election isn't enough like it is here (identical system to what you described)

If requiring people to have ID is raycis, how come registration isn't?

>you don't need an ID to vote
>you have to register to vote
I am confuse

The rationale is it presents another barrier to voting (time, money, access to ID authority).

This.
It is about the only way to make sure everything is polled correctly when the ballots are counted for.
Only people who have to register are people who don't drive or haven't signed for the selected service, even women get registered to vote in my state when a driver's license is given.

Driver's Licenses are issued by state, but you're not always required to get a new one if you move as almost all of them are recognized universally. As long as your address is updated with the DMV and other relevant agencies, you don't necessarily have to get an updated physical card.

Nah, you have to register for the draft, I'm undraftable due to heart problems but I still had to register

They even let illegal mexicans vote there so yeah.
They really don't want Trump to win.

Because shitskin illegals can forge a driver's license.

>why isn't your ID sufficient like in any other first-world country?
ID'S IS RACYSTT

The overarching reason is that we don't have a national ID system, except for our social security numbers, which have come to be used as a federal ID, but was never intended as such.

Registration just requires you to prove where you live. Some states require you to present government-issued ID, some don't.

I gather Americans don't typically have passports. So what do you get if you don't have a driver's license either? Is some form of presentable ID required?

>german
>what is a wählerverzeichnis

12 states also, based on the information they choose to collect, allow for illegals to be issued a Driver's License. So an ID card is not enough.

I know, it's fucking stupid that they allow for it when we use DL's for identity verification.

I still don't understand why registering is a REQUIREMENT
I understand why they have a registration so people without ID can vote but why does that mean that those WITH and ID have to register or they can't vote?
>Driver's Licenses are issued by state, but you're not always required to get a new one if you move as almost all of them are recognized universally. As long as your address is updated with the DMV and other relevant agencies, you don't necessarily have to get an updated physical card.
same here but that still doesn't make it a problem in elections where your voting district matters like the MP elections. they just check the records a month before the election and assign everyone into their disctrict. so if the government records say you live in Helsinki you can only vote in Helsinki come election day. I don't really understand how this can be fucked up.

As of this January, women will also have to register for the draft

my driver's license says "nationality: finnish" because I'm a citizen

Same dude and I'm not even registered
Just walked up said hey I'm here to vote and went right in
Being a white male in america is the best

Linke hurrenbande will dreckigen ausländerspassten erlauben in deutschland mitzubestimmen.

Alle
Aussrotten!

what is it?
I realy don´t know

You are not required to show an ID if you have a voter card in most states I believe.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe 50% of Americans have passports, but most of them have Licenses. If you are unable to drive legally and have no passport, you still get an ID card that is very similar to a License but doesn't license you to drive.

The authorities that issue diver licenses also issue ID cards in most states.

In the UK a polling card is sent out to us that we present at the polling booth. Never been an issue over here. When you get to the polling station they ask for your card, confirm your address then they give you the ballots. Simple as

democrats claim that voter id is racist, they would not allow it based on ID

Voter ID's are racist for some reason.

because dems think presenting ID disenfranchises illegal voters.

The ones we call liberals actually say that using ID to vote is racist and registration is much easier. Whenever we attempt to start using IDs, we're called bigots and TV comedians call us stupid.

The truth is they bus around niggers/illegals to vote for their candidate in battleground states and vote for other people who are unlikely to vote. I've seen this first hand when I lived in Raleigh, NC. ID would make it too difficult to cheat.

IDs are racist user.
>youtube.com/watch?v=iTrvkqRaYTo

>Registering for the draft also registers you to vote.
It didn't for me

They need to make sure there will be fraud only in Hillary's favor.

God americans are stupid

because you don't show your ID to vote, illegal immigrants wouldn't be able to tip the scales otherwise

We are the united 'states'

You have to register in the state you live in to vote for the people representing THAT state.

Can you imagine the Fucking crazy shit that would go on if you can vote in any state.

That's how it was in my state for decades, but we passed voter ID just in time for 2012 because black muslim Kenyan.

Yeah, if you have a benis, you have to register. No exceptions.

I didn't know that. You are even more car-centric than I thought. I guess it makes sense from a logistical perspective.

Republicans don't like it when people can easily vote

I was told this by both my parents, when i checked if i was registered i also learned i was not registered and it was past the 21 day deadline for registering in my state. I wish we had same day registration.

> not sure if bait or redditor actually forgets licenses are state issued

Then we would have a 1 party system because only illegals and felons vote democrat.

don't you people have some sort of population registry or something? a place where you have to let them know when you move to a new state? we don't have voter registrations and that doesn't mean you can just go anywhere to vote.

You're considered a baby-adult if you can't drive in America, with the exception of living in Downtown New York, and even then most people who rely on public transport still have a license.

>why isn't your ID sufficient
That's pretty fucking racist man
You don't need documentation to prove that you are a citizen. That's bigoted and hateful.

You need an ID to drive, buy booze, fly, open a bank account or any utility, go to the movies(if its R rated and you look young) some shitty inner cities even require you to present id to the police upon demand so they can check your identity and make sure you don't have any warrants. You NEED an ID here. It's seriously a bullshit way to commit fraud

If you say you're an illegal immigrant they give you two ballots

We do, but people are lazy or ''''''forgetful''''''' sometimes about updating their addresses.

DNC want illegal immigrants and felons to be able to vote, so they pretend having to show IDs is racist since blacks don't have IDs and are too stupid to get them (not true, by the way).

exactly. What about people from other countries and dead people?!

ID is raciss

That's absolutely not true

I've never brought my polling card to vote. I just turn up and give them my name/address and they tick it off a list

I am one of those people
Because it's a good idea, it make local elections actually important

You don't have to worry about the Wählerverzeichnis in Germany. You are automatically put into that registry through your local Einwohnermeldeamt. In the US it's different and people have to register themselves.

In cities they also put a list of all persons allowed to vote and where their democracy centre is n the lobby .

Men HAVE to register or else they forgoe pretty much all rights. I.E., the right to vote, own a gun, etc.

The draft is gay as fuck though, so I believe it shouldn't even exist

Good point Mohammed, but that's not the only form of ID people can use

>voter ID makes it hard to vote

Theoretically though, someone could go in, and claim to be you, and you get ticked off the list and then when you show up, you cant vote.

Voter cards in the US are very minimal, have no picture on them, and would be very easy to counterfeit if someone truly wanted to go that far.

>designated shitting street
>designated democracy centre

new meme

no you dont. it keeps out low-agency nogs from the polls

I don't see the logic behind this system. Don't everyone has a registered address already? So you can only vote in that county. And you show your id when you are voting. Simple as fuck as the rest of the world do it. I can't even imagine if for example Syrian refuges were voting in Turkey, Erdogan would get like %99 of the votes then. WTF america?

You can get a state ID. Last election I was old enough to vote but I didn't have a driver's license at the time. Worked no problem, easy to get as well.

Im personally torn on the draft.

Obviously if the ish hit the fan, and the country truly needed to draft people, it would be justified.

But at the same time, in that scenario, if there was anything worth defending, you probably wouldn't need to have a draft.

Every time there is a push for a national ID, the religious kooks come out of the woodwork and start yelling about how this is 666 the sign of the beast.

You gotta remember, Australia got all of England's crooks and deadbeats, America got all of England's religious zealots. Its baked into our psyche.

>you show your id when you are voting

Thats the whole thing here; not all states and precincts require this.

we have actual conscription so you get no sympathy from me

but why would it not be so that EITHER is ok. a registration OR an ID?

National ID is completely different issue from voter ID laws.

Also it's usually libertarian people who don't like national IDs.

recommended reading BTW

we gave it up but I think it helps create better citizens. do you agree?

There is no national registry beyond the Social Security Administration, and it's illegal for other government agencies to use their information. Remember, the US is comprised of thousands of little governments, layer after layer.

Idk m8. I'm sure there is some reason, somewhere.

Ultimately its not a big deal though; registering to vote online literally takes 90 seconds. So whether you have to register or not, it doesnt make a difference to me.

We ask ourselves the same thing.

Also, most states don't require an ID when you show up to vote. If you provide them a name that is in their ledger you are allowed to vote, no questions asked. It's a crime voting as someone you arn't, but nobody ever gets challenged on it.

This is one of the things feeding Trump's popularity; the dissolving integrity of the voting process.