Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

And no, nobody cares about your cringey TV show -- as it just proved once again this character doesn't even work in long form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=604&v=bWpK0wsnitc
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/lcgvKSOS-EGynnhv24FsBg/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/wimxSq_5E5-wSJhVwX-UaQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like the Thomas Jane one.

They weren't intended to stay true to the character because normies will never accept Frank being Frank.

Frank is wish-fulfillment violent revenge for neckbeards who were bullied in high school. Obviously that has very little interest for your average well-adjusted adult. But they figured they'd occasionally try and make an empty cash grab and skim some money off the neckbeards who will go see it no matter what.

Case in point you saw all three in theaters at least once, and watched the show

>a cucknisher fan (a fan of the punisher)

Joss, we know you're switching computers.

Each Punisher movie was good and better than any cape film save for Batman and The Crow.

Also, the third Punisher movie was made by a feminazi lesbian who only did it to make fun of the male ideology.Funny enough, plenty of fans still enjoyed it because she made it extremely over the top violent, it would be about as effective as a vegan trying to punish carnists by serving them bacon wrapped chili cheese burgers with a side order of fried chicken.

My African Brother

>Also, the third Punisher movie was made by a feminazi lesbian who only did it to make fun of the male ideology.
If that's true then she failed, hard.

Dolph Lundgren one was good he just needed a skull on his shirt and less whining in a sewer.

He's literally too edgy a character for a mainstream action movie that just wants to make him another over the top shootem up anti-hero, when he's more like an anti-villain.

P.S. he's called the Cucknisher because he cucks Daredevil of his waifus in every continuity.

You can't cram the complexity of this character into 90 minutes of screen time.

Is this a fucking joke?

>I have no idea what the Punisher is outside of the movies and games

No. A fucking joke would be about your sex life.

What? No, she even talked about how much she loved Punisher in Wizard magazine

The best Punisher.

I can't tell if you're trying to call me a virgin or if you're making a pun about it being a 'fucking joke' because hurr durr sex life.

I mean either way it doesn't work. Just don't pretend the punisher is some kind of deep and complex character, alright casual?

He's also posting on Sup Forums:

Go vent in the Just Ass League thread...you'll feel better.

He had the voice and attitude . The war zone had the look

>m-muh comapny wars!!!
God, Punisher fags are pathetic.

And no one is surprised. Sup Forumsshitters need to be banned from this board.

That's pretty pathetic.

I liked war zone..... just saying

I'mma get skewered for this one, but '89 Punisher is my favorite film. He kills crooks, mooks and gooks all in the same film. He holds zero attachments except for a hobo informant and his ex partner. He lives alone, he's filthy, he relies on absolutely nobody.
>destroys a mob mansion and kills 4 mooks with precision, like a ghost
>tracks a massive drug shipment, discovers Yakuza
>Kicks ass, takes names
>obliterates Yakuza gambling den
>kills the shit out of ninjas
>kills the shit out of more ninjas
>destroys New York slave trade site
This was a fun fucking movie. The only thing missing is the skull.

>Frank is wish-fulfillment violent revenge for neckbeards who were bullied in high school.
And the entire military and criminal justice story. Punisher has a huge following for people who, y'know, go to actual war.

Punisher was never good, he was literally created for literal edgy teenagers.

That's called marketing user, also known as lying.

Jane was totally wasted potential. He nailed Frank, absolutely nailed it. Then they royally fucked Punisher 2 so badly he had no choice but to leave - after seeing Warzone, he made the right choice.

>Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher)

Can we just delete Sup Forums and start over?

See

>Punisher has a huge following for people who, y'know, go to actual war.
Nah, Punisher and his fandom are an insult to real life soldiers and cops who risk their lives so criminals and other enemies can have a rightful trial and innocent lifes be spared.

Fucking Sup Forums fucks

Simple, ban Marvel from both boards.

>goes in depth about things that happened in MAX that she liked
>marketing

Speaking as a veteran, you are objectively wrong.

>Just don't pretend the punisher is some kind of deep and complex character
Spoken like a person who has never read a Punisher comic. And you're calling other people casual?

I thought each one was a good incarnation of the Punisher.

No. Ban live-action from this board and your subhuman kind can rot in their own filth for all I care, Sup Forumstard.

>And no, nobody cares about your cringey TV show -- as it just proved once again this character doesn't even work in long form.
Season two of Daredevil was basically season zero of Punisher by the back door, and it was phenomenal.

So you support torturing and murdering criminal and enemy soldiers with your own hands instead of capturing and letting the state judge them in a fair trial? You americans really don't give a fuck about human rights and dignity do you?

The first one was embarrassed to be a comic book movie, hence the lack of skull, ended up being nothing more than a generic action movie.
The second one went over the top with "the mob deliberately killed his entire extended family" and even though it had those nods to Welcome Back Frank and Dixon Punisher, it spent too much time being a revenge movie (complete with elaborate ooc-for-Frank keikaku) instead of a Punisher movie.
The third one was true to Ennis's Marvel Knights run with the violence, dark humor, and skullface-shirt wearing Frank actually punishing criminals, but for whatever reason, didn't accept Ennis's vision of an infallible Frank (he'd never accidentally kill an undercop cop or cause collateral damage, and in fact killed a copycat killer at the end of Welcome Back Frank because the guy did cause collateral damage).
Basically normies can't really wrap their heads around what makes Frank Frank and always tweak the formula in some way that ends up making him not-Frank The Netflix series did the same thing with all the alphabet organization conspiracy crap. Frank would probably work best in the context of an episodic series with loose continuity, but good luck getting that greenlit.

Best Punisher movie here:
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=604&v=bWpK0wsnitc

At least Jane did the voice work for the GOAT Punisher adaptation.

I don't know, i don't care. Start reading comics or fuck off back to Sup Forums fucking nigger.

Eh, gotta disagree a bit on the second movie. It did a good job of being an origin story, and it would have made sense that a green Punisher(with FBI agent backstory) would plot and plan on how to take enemies down rather than just going full frontal with an M60. Given how badly those plans fell apart(the defenses he setup in his apartment were ineffective or poorly planned out, etc), in the future he would have probably kept it simple. Not exactly 100% comics Punisher, but it could have evolved into that easily. It could also be argued that the plotting and planning was in response to the "generic action movie" complaints about the first film.

>americans

JUST

Of course we give a fuck a bout human rights and dignity. Thats why we as a society put despicable people to death and kill enemy combatants.

I hope we'll get more punisher games in the future. Torturing badguys was fun.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/lcgvKSOS-EGynnhv24FsBg/

Also

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/wimxSq_5E5-wSJhVwX-UaQ/

I think we need to have an intervention with Joss. He has a problem.

The only good thing Jane brought to the role was his voice and the fight with the Russian. That shit was hilarious even if they fucked up The Russian by making him silent.
Jane should always be the the VA for a older MAX type Frank, Bernthal if you wanted to do a newer, still raw Frank.

Second veteran here, go fuck yourself

Must be why theres an actual military unit that wears his skull logo and openly discuss why they like Punisher specifically.

>there are people who didn't like War Zone

>way to go to mispell Capcom's Punisher.

>Julie Benz
>Ink and Pitsy were awful
>"Don't die on me! If I see you in Hell I'll kick your ass out..."
>Lexi Alexander hated the Punisher's symbol, so theres a barely visible skull on his vest
>Long stretches of no Franking the badguys
There's plenty to hate.

YES! SOMEONE ELSE WHO THINKS THIS!

>people who kill other people for a living likes a mass murderer
Geez, who would have thought

Although not good, Ray Stevenson is still the best Punisher.

Warzone felt like the only one that even remotely just wanted to embrace what Frank is, every other one wants to either humanize him too much, or where they just don't want him killing criminals for some reason.

But user, i think we all enjoyed seeing Jhon Travolta being dragged through an exploding car dealership to his untimely demise

lol, remember when he shot that rocket launcher at that jamican acrobat?

Weirdly enough if you put all three films together you'd have a pretty good Frank Castle movie. Just get rid of the homeless Australian, Lou Gossett Jr, the teaming up with the mobster to save his son, the fat faggot neighbor, the gay mobster subplot, the parkour messengers and a better villain than Jeroen Krabbe, John Travolta and Doug Hutchinson.

That interrogation method with the rhino

IPunisher isn't a mass murderer, murder means unjust killing. What Punisher does is completely justified.

Yep.

So... literally remove everything from every movie?

Nobody cares about your live-action shit, Sup Forums.

These are my people.

>murder means unjust killing.

That isn't what murder means at all.

Punisher always makes me wonder, how people would react to him in real life.

Murder is premeditated killing, and barring a postmodern discussion of justice, the only just killing is that which is conducted by the state.

Yep. They got so much of Frank right. That scene with him and his ex-partner.

> What the fuck do you call 125 murders in five years?
> Work in progress.

Gets me every time.

Well, most of the shitty subplots in all three. The supporting characters were shit. And the mobsters were shit. But keep some of the plot about Frank and some fight scenes and you got maybe 45 minutes of plot.

>A HAHA HAHA
Like anything that was published in Wizard should be taken as fact.

>Not liking War Zone

Of all 3, I think Jane had the most potential. He was a great Frank, he was just in a mediocre Punisher movie.

>"Good rhino. Nice team-up."
Fuck I love this game.

I thought Travolta was entertaining

You have to humanize Frank. Without it he has no appeal as a character. Even Ennis understood that, his Frank is protective, has a (black) sense of humor, takes things personally, makes bad calls, and even approaches sentimentality at some points. Readers spend a shitload of time in Frank's head because otherwise they'd rapidly grow tired of Infallible Murder robot murdering criminals while being infallible.

Just Frank my shit up

>Frank is wish-fulfillment violent revenge for neckbeards who were bullied in high school.

are you retarded or just autistic? that's describing something like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

The Punsher is all about justice wish fulfillment, seeing the scum of society that slip through the cracks in real life get punished the way they deserve.

>invade Iraq with nothing resembling casus belli
>make everything worse than under Saddam Fucking Hussein
>kill somewhere around a million people by fucking the country
>fuck up a whole lot of Americans too, but hey let’s make everyone worship them, that’s cheaper than functioning support for veterans
>at least the profiteers are happy and that’s what counts

I don’t understand how they were given such a good floor-plan of how Punisher can work on TV, and then fucked it up so much.

Might as well note that killing conducted by the state is not necessarily just, and I’d argue that killing in self defense is also just. Actual self defense that is.

Because actors don't make the movie.

>Also, the third Punisher movie was made by a feminazi lesbian who only did it to make fun of the male ideology.
And where exactly are you getting this information from?

Different guy here. There are quite a few people going around telling how cool Punisher is, because he wears a bug skull and he dismembered a dude and snark about it and Superman is lame, because he is not killing people

>boasts around that they are the good guys
I fucking love how every side in every conflict ever is just, good, innocent and was defending against real aggressors.
Hypocrites.

I enjoyed Warzone.

I liked how it was a bit more lighthearted and silly. Things such as the grenade launcher being shoved through the door, or the two villains just strolling from location to location recruiting every stereotype of crook to play cannon fodder.

This user speaks truth.

I was a bit bored of the filler in the series but without something to humanize him or slow the pace, it would have got a bit fatiguing just having repeated gunfights and violence.

By all means keep it in there, I'm not saying DON'T FUCK MY WIFE bullshit is great, I hated it and found it unnecessary, along with

>Madani
>Madani
>Madani

Every two fucking seconds but there is a reason pacing is considered important in movies. Audiences get tired of just the same thing non-stop.

>the only just killing is that which is conducted by the state
Whew lad.This is just, peak philosophy right here.
>Murder is premeditated killing
That's factually inaccurate, historically the distinction has been murder as unjust killing, and even in modern parlance it's typically defined as "unlawful" killing. Which is mostly just a western definition based on English common law, and is not really descriptive of the way the word is used outside of a legal context. Most other languages that differentiate between the two actions typically distinguish them as just or unjust. In other words, you're wrong on all accounts my dude.

>make everything worse than under Saddam Fucking Hussein

Now let's be honest - the infant mortality probably went down in comparison to the period of the US blockade. You can say a lot of bad things about the invasion, but at least the invaders stopped killing babies when they could finally get a bead on adults.

I’d have to look that up, user. But however it works out, we’re really grading on a curve here.

The simple solution is to make The Punisher murder ALL criminals. Including terrorists and rapefugees. Frank is ready for the red pill. Rapists, child molesters, gang bangers, drug dealers, no one is safe.

>fans still enjoyed it because she made it extremely over the top violent
This is why it will never translate well to film or to in my opinion.
The Punisher is defined by over the top violence, which can never match up to the comics, as a single frame showing someone turned in to pink sawdust, or Frank firing off a machine gun with huge muzzle flash and casing flying everywhere, equate to a second or two on film, which isn't long enough to take in the full imagery of it.
Even if they made a shot for shot perfect emulation of a punisher comic, moving image doesn't give time for it to sink in, and it won't feel perfectly like a Punisher movie.

From what I can see it’s been dropping steadily for decades. No blips in the per year diagrams

>I have a family, family, family......
>I'm innocent, innocent, innocent......
>I just got married, married, married......