Is there a reading order for Punisher MAX? I know Fury: My War Gone By is canon, are all of Ennis's MAX stuff canon...

Is there a reading order for Punisher MAX? I know Fury: My War Gone By is canon, are all of Ennis's MAX stuff canon? Is it possible to put his other Punisher work into the canon?

it's just 1 through whatever, I think 60?

Marvel Knights is his 616 stuff

I would read My War Gone by at the end. Tyger and The Cell oneshots first. Have you read Born or the OG Fury MAX mini?

Are you talking chronological or just reading order? Because if the latter and if you just want Ennis, you can pretty much just go: Born, 1-36, the Barracuda miniseries, 37-60 and then the rest (The Tyger, The Cell, My War Gone By, and The Platoon).

only Aaron MAX is not canon

I'd go by publication order, desu. And yes, all of Ennis' MAX run kinda fits into the same continuity, often cross-referencing between titles.

Only what he wrote before MAX (Welcome Back Frank, most of Vol 4., the return of Ma Gnucci, etc) does not fit. Still worth a read though it's different from MAX. a lot more comedy, and cameos from superheroes for Ennis to take the piss on

Ennis' The End was the only correct ending for MAX Frank. Read that too OP.

I've read the Punisher stuff, I'm interested in re-reading with those in chronological order. Plus where does Platoon go?

Plus I may do a storytime for chronological

Platoon goes before Born.

Chrono:

The Tyger
The Platoon
My War Gone By #7-9
Born
The Cell
#1-36
The Punisher Presents: Barracuda
#37-60

That's just Ennis, though.

Doesn't MYGB imply that Fury kills himself at the end? I've always felt it goes later.

It's just the Punisher-centric issues set in Vietnam.

I'm confused how The Cell is before the main series, he seems very established and feared by that point.

Hes extremely well known throughout all the MAX verse. The Cell is before the ongoing (im not the person you were replying to) because of what the story is about. Thematically it fits in early.

Shame Ennis hasnt done a Punisher'77 or '88 yet.

He offhandedly mentions having already killed the people who killed his family in the first issue of the main series, and we see how he did it in The Cell.

Ah thanks. I always thought it was later in the series, a one shot that could fit at any point. Didn't remember the line here.

Yeah, nearly all of the one-shots and other misc. stuff like the Untold Tales mini and the Foolkiller crossover can pretty much fit anywhere. Aside from The Cell, I think the only other exceptions are Force of Nature (set before the Six Hours to Kill arc) and Get Castle (set after the Long Cold Dark arc).

Those the Foolkiller minis are good fun, and the second one even co-stars Frank. 'You want art, there's your art...'

I'd definitely recommend those, OP.

The Platoon
My War Gone By (even though it's not a Punisher comic, it still has a cameo by him)
Born
The Tyger
The Cell
#1 through the Barracuda arc
the Barracuda miniseries
the arc after the Barracuda arc up through the end of the series
The End

There's also the various one-shots by other writers, but I don't know if those have a specific "order".

Bump