Although he's admitted he hasn't thought about Season 2...

Although he's admitted he hasn't thought about Season 2, Steven Lightfoot wants to bring Barracuda and O'Brien in for Season 2.

>I haven’t even thought about Season 2 … but one of the villains I love is Barracuda [from Garth Ennis’ Punisher MAX series],” Lightfoot said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “I think he’s great fun. I also really like O’Brien [also introduced in Ennis’ Punisher MAX run]. I thought she was always really cool. Certainly those two jump out at me initially, but there are so many great characters there. It’s a very fun sandbox to play in.“

cbr.com/punisher-season-2-characters-barracuda-obrien/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9izyQ7zdE2Y
youtu.be/p0OX_8YvFxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't watched it, Is there Frank vs. Russian Waldo?

youtube.com/watch?v=9izyQ7zdE2Y

No, but I would probably orgasm if they had a fight like that in season 2 but with Barracuda

I enjoyed this season. But they better have Frank wear his signature skull more often in the next season. And focus on how he becomes less of a human being as he continues being The Punisher.

WAIT
>Plays guitar
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT
>Gets a hard on dreaming about his dead wife
WAIT HOLD UP
>Sits in a corner and growls autistically
WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP
>Spills his spaghetti talking to Karen
ARE YOU TELLIN' ME
>Cucks his partner
ARE YOU TELLIN' ME
>Executes police officers
THAT THE GUVMENT
>Bleeds everywhere
THE FUCKIN' GUVMENT
>Angry tard scream
KILLED MUH FAMULY?

Literally the only good casting for Cuda.

Was I the only one who thought there wasn't enough Punishing?

There was a lot of action, but you didn't have many interactions like in DD S2 where he kills the video store owner because he mentioned he had kiddie videos.

A lot of the action was the "them-or-us" against the wall kind of action where they kill US soldiers and agents, admittedly ones that were on the payroll of bad people, but still. That interaction in the first episodes with the construction workers was great but that fell away in favor of the plot, which really dragged in a couple of places - especially when Frank and Micro just hung around the basement making food for each other.

The legal thriller plot was good, don't get me wrong, but it seemed like Frank Castle being the Punisher played second fiddle to it. There were a little too many scenes serving Russo, Madani, Sam, Lieberman's family, etc. and too few self-explanatory scenes of Frank just doing his thing without getting bloodied and destroyed.

It feels like a retreading of the origin story. Which they pretty much have to do for people who want to get into the series without watching the second season of a different series to follow it. I think it's understandable. Here they add to what happened in Daredevil season 2 by making Frank realize that he loves combat more than he did being with his family. Hence why he didn't let go and die when Rawlins was torturing him.

Now that the first season is done. Hopefully they will have much more of Frank being The Punisher. With the government plot done they'll most likely have Frank take on criminals.

Now that they've had the story of Frank on his way to becoming The Punisher the next season needs to be about Frank being The Punisher.

>kill US Soldiers or agents
He killed Anvil Mercs, Anvil itself being a front for major illegal activity.

F..fucky?

There won't be a season two. Netflix has what they have in production and then it's done

Barracuda's always a lot of fun.

Love Barracuda, was really happy when reason the second Fury Max and he was in it. Wish they had him in more stuff before killing him, but still with the Hand and eye thing from Frank. Loved that one shot with Barracuda

God I wish we could get an adaption of this mini, I think it'd work well as a film.

Imagine if they pulled a Punisher Noir with the Russian. How much controversy would it be?

God I forgot this movie has it's good moments like this scene, I hope Season 2 has something like this. Just a brutal no holds barred fist fight against an over whelming opponent.

>Was I the only one who thought there wasn't enough Punishing?
Have you somehow missed all of the other threads about this show on Sup Forums?

I think that this might be the only Marvel Netflix show that actually peaked in the last 2 episodes. Most of them start out good but then slowly begin to decline around the halfway point until they reach an unsatisfying finale. This time though the last episodes were the best part (although the middle was still a bit dull)

Also was anybody else annoyed that we waited all of Daredevil season 2 for Punisher to get the skull logo and then he burns it within the first 5 minutes of this series?

MOTHERFUCKING BARRACUDA?

Yup

Well, since we lost a better option, I guess it is.

Let's be real here lads. Assuming that they don't recast Barracuda as a white guy (because I'd guaranfuckingtee that idea's been floated) there's literally only two viable choices. Since Terry Crews is too expensive for Netflix, it'd have to be Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

I don't want to see what this hack does to Barracuda and O'Brien after seeing what he did to Rawlins

>Netflix Punisher
>Barracuda is most likely a black guy in a suit instead of a nigger looking psychopath
>The Russian is a "sexy" post-op tranny at best, the guy from Orange is the new Black making a funny accent at worst
I can accept they make decent stories about these characters whose only relationship with the comics Punisher is the name, but nothing else.

You mean
>Barracuda is most likely an intelligent black guy pretending to be a nigger psychopath to build a reputation for himself.
>The Russian is just Arnie with a Russian accent because it's still okay to portray commie stereotypes but they will either scrap the whole "head on woman's body" storyline because it's insensitive to trannies.

>The Russian is a "sexy" post-op tranny at best

It's too bad the actor who played Doakes on Dexter is a manlet. I kept reading Barracuda's lines in his voice for some reason.

So... what do you guys think about Madani?

Fuck this Lightfoot fellow. They need to get whoever is responsible for Dare Devil to do Punisher season 2

>iranian runs homeland security
So many ironies in more than one level

Her hissy fits got really annoying really fast.

But that's wrong

It's more to do with the fact the the budget for the Marvel shows keeps getting smaller. The initial contract was for 200 mil, and they blew their wad on DD season 1 because they wanted it to work.
So now it's just lower and lower budgets, resulting in shittier and shittier writers, sets and crews

>thread theme
youtu.be/p0OX_8YvFxA

>The initial contract was for 200 mil

How many shows do they have to squeeze out of it?

The initial deal was for 4 shows - Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, Cage and Iron Fist - plus Defenders.
I imagine they had a few extra dollarydoos allotted for the second season of DD and Punisher, which was rolled into the original deal.

>I'm hung like a moose, Frank
What did they mean by this?

Frank may have been a bigger guy but Micro was in charge.