The Runaways

Just released is it any good?

Never read the original run

Just started the first episode myself.

Can you just tell me if it's wall to wall faggots and trannies? I'm never sure whether to bother with Marvel anymore.

It is but its great. The show doesnt have the trans character though. At least not yet.

you have
>goth
>black nerd
>Chad
>SJW
>perky cult member
and
>kid going through puberty but still a kid

Everything about it pisses me off already.

I'm up to the part where girls start crying in the bathroom. This seems pretty awful so far

looks like it has good production but nothing else going for it, characters are just too cringy

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I read that lol

It's great

don't be such a fag

Too lewd imo

>No loli Molly
It's shit.

I'm getting overwhelmed by all these outcast team up shows recently, Gifted, Inhumans, this thing, Legion was the only good one

Runaways fag here, read every volume and I just watched the show. They fucking nailed it.
The first volume is pretty cringy to be honest, the pacing is all over the place and it isn't sure what it wants to be until near the end. In the show they've made quite a few changes from the comic, idk if they're all for the better quite yet, but the acting is pretty good and they nailed the characters. I'd say if you want quality, watch the show, but if you're really curious about the characters and where the plot is going, watch the comic.

What is the appeal of Runaways? I tried reading it back when it first came out but it read almost like Marvel fan fiction and it wasn't great.

The problem with Runaways is it's always advertised as kids vs parents. In reality, the Pride battle only lasts around 18 issues and then the real fun begins. Runaways is at its best when it's just a group of kids in a frog spaceship accidentally getting into trouble and pissing off various Marvel heroes. If you're interested, skim the first volume and then read the 2005 run, which is easily the best of the series.

Where is the Dinosaur?

>it read almost like Marvel fan fiction
That's the appeal, the Runaways crowd and people who write/read fanfiction are one and the same.

Old Lace is in the show. I think they were just worried that putting a CGI dinosaur in the promo pictures for a "teen rebellion Marvel show" would turn people off.

Yeah, if there's one thing people hate in fiction is dinosaurs.

I'm pretty certain they're trying to capture the young adult CW audience. They don't want CGI dinosaurs they want attractive teens and ~~drama~~

Nah

She's a good girl

Oof, now I know why they aren't showing this leftover effect from the Super Mario Bros movie in the promo material.

It looks surprisingly good in motion.

I wasn't expecting Jurassic Park, but damn that looks bad.

>ree give us the dinosaur
>what the fuck why would you do the dinosaur if you can't afford it
Beggers can't be choosers

Don't commit to doing a story with a dinosaur if you can't provide a dinosaur.

They gave a dinosaur

I WANT MY DINOSAUR
YOU HAVE YOUR DINOSAUR, SIR

Only on a technical level.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being full tumblr, how SJWey is this show?

Do they whine bout "privlage" or mention "mansplaining" at any point in the first hour?

It's like they took some stock pictures of high school kids online and put their logo on it.

I don't like the kid in the middles face and glasses.
>I'm up to the part where girls start crying in the bathroom.
Yeah, no thanks.

Gert is heavily feminist but literally everyone else pays her no attention and is tired of her shit immediately.

I hope they solve the mystery of the Mexican who stole Molly's hat in the first season. It would be nice to get a REAL Molly into the series rather than another shitty palatte swapped knock off of a character.

I'm not familiar with pirating shit, it's there a reliable way to see this yet?

is right, though I also found the appeal to be their struggles against the world and how they became a makeshift family.

Right after they solved the thin one that's posing as Gert.

t. Newfag from /pok/ who never read Runaways

It's great, you should

I was pissed about that at first but it's not really surprising. You could cast the best child actor in the world, but rules about shooting REALLY young child actors make using them a massive pain in the ass, so unless you've got a Netflix budget it's just not worth it.

Dumb fuckwit, they were the basic archetypes of each character when the comic first came out, long before the SJW/tumblr/diversity shit.

Does the show make any reference to the broader scope of the MCU likenhow Netflix or AOS refers to "the incident", "the guy with the hammer", "the big green guy" or other vague as fuck terminology

It's pretty good, actually. The way it's shot is a bit annoying and a lot of the acting is cringy but everything else is solid. Molly is also surprisingly good despite her being pretty different to her comic counterpart.

Also Nico is total wife material.

There are no blatant references, actually. I'll have to go back and watch the eps again for any hidden stuff.

>Gert
>heavily
heh

Never read the comic but I dig the show

I haven't read the original comic in like a decade, but the show's alright. Better than Gifted, but that's not saying much

It's changing a bunch of things from what I remember though, but the comic, as far as I remember, just barely touched on the parents. They were supervillains but barely had any characterization

Anybody remember parent supervillainy?
Gert- Mad Scientists
Alex- Politician/Lawyers that controlled the city they lived in
Chase- Time Travellers taking advantage of past resources
Nico- Sorcerers

I don't remember Molly and the blonde chick's parents though

Responding to the Sup Forums fucktard

Why would they switch the parents around. Gert's Parents being time travellers was part of their eclectic charm.

And why are Molly's parents just dead. I guessing the Giborrum are completely out.

I was talking about the comic because I don't remember how it went. Where Gert's parents the time travellers?

They still haven't completely shown what they are in the show? They seem like mad scientists/ biologists right now but they could be time travellers since Old Lace is in the show.

Not sure why Molly's parents were killed yet.

Gert- Time travellers
Chase- Mad scientists
Alex- Mob bosses
Karolina- Actors
Nico- Sorcerers
Molly- I dunno torturers it seemed.

Oh wait Molly's were Medical Doctors.

Why are all the dads except Spike Bets?

betas*

Dropped instantly, the velociraptor doesn't have feathers, would it kill anyone who's a fully grown adult to just open a book for once and stop watching jurassic park?

Why even call it a Velociraptor if it doesn't have diagnostic features of a Velociraptor/Deinonychus/Carnivorous dinosaur at all

Kill yourself.

Looks like a show for soyboys

I mean your right, and I loathe to use this buzzword, but don't be so autistic about it. Of fucking course they used the "Jurassic Park" raptor, the normies would just get confused otherwise.

Because she's not a Velocirapter.

>why is there a giant bird
>what happened to old lace
>i hate it when they don't adapt it correctly
I can already imagine all the bitching if Old Lace was more realistic instead of how the comic portrayed it

She's a genetically altered Psychic Dinosaur you dildos. She's not scientifically accurate.

Do they go over Molly and her powers? Since mutants are out? And how about Nico's mom, not the same lady from Doctor Strange? Is the staff the same?
>why doesnt this genetically modified beast from a fictional future look like the shitty version we have in real life?
gee

Velociraptor wasn't a humanoid lizard, right now anything other than a dog-sized bird with clawed wings is a gross assumption.

That said, this old lace is gangly with giant arms and doesn't carry the same imposing grace the actual Jurassic Park raptors have.

It's pretty ugly looking even in comparison to the various films that seemed to think Jurassic Park was a documentary and used the designs

So eagles look shitty?
Why are we calling it a raptor then? It's not a fucking raptor, why can't she be a lizard beast?

Dart from stranger things didn't have some prehistoric animal's name slapped onto him, why should Old Lace?

yes

Molly's slowly getting her powers so they're still exploring it. Haven't explained it yet.

For y'all watching, Ep 3 around 31:10 is fucking hilarious

no ones gonna post the page huh?

>Do they go over Molly and her powers?
Not yet. She starts developing them after what she thought was period cramps. So that rules out Inhuman stuff.

>And how about Nico's mom, not the same lady from Doctor Strange? Is the staff the same?

It's the same mom and staff. She doesn't reference it, though,so it can be assumed those events happened a while ago.

Because they call her what they think she is. Are you really this autistic.

I don't understand why you guys are calling that a Jurassic Park-style raptor. It would look like absolute trash even in a Jurassic park game. They have a much more refined look to them because they were actually accurate to the 90s

In the 90s people didn't complain about how the Jurassic Park dinosaurs were suddenly a billion times more like birds than what usually appears in films, why would that bother anyone here?

I expect more from the MCU

In the comics, Old Lace isn't a velociraptor; they just think she is. Victor corrects the group when he joins. Also, Old Lace is a genetically-engineered construct, so some artistic license could be applied here.

Go to bed autismo

Are you really this stupid? If a director had an iguana on screen and the characters kept calling it a gecko, people would notice, and there's a lot less between a gecko and an iguana than a dinosaur and that fucking kangaroo in a leather suit.

It just shows that whoever did the creature design didn't look at any references at all.

featherfags are the fucking worst jesus christ

>some artistic licence

You don't put an armadillo on screen and call it a rabbit to avoid confusing audiences with this crazy new information

Jurassic Park was almost nothing but new information and it's the most famous dinosaur product ever

Old Lace could have really set the standard for dinosaurs in media as DINOSAURS and not fantasies

I think it's shit. I think the changes were wholly unecessary and trying to make (some) of the parents sympathetic is fucking dogshit and they shouldn't have gotten the amount of focus that they did. Removing the "fans of superheroes" traits was also fucking retard and this angst ridden bullshit that went on for the entire first episode was stupid.

I'm sorry that I like dinosaurs and not movie monsters

Here's your reference

you should be

The problem here is that MCU old lace has a mane of feathers going down her back

The problem is that light feathering on dinosaurs was never correct. As soon as it was understood that dinosaurs had feathers it completely flipped the script. Preserved dinosaurs with feathers generally were even fluffier than birds.

So if you put feathers on a velociraptor, you're wasting your time unless it looks like an exaggerated bird. The feathered lizard wombo combo never existed

neither does magic or superpowers, but here we are

It was genetically engineered, so they could just use future-science bullshit to explain why it looks the way it is.

I mean I agree with you, I would rather see a feathery boy than what we have. But there's reasonable doubt (that they could explain away) for what we did get, and they're at least keeping Old Lace accurate to the comics, which is something they really need after all the changes they made. A necessary evil, if you will.

And I doubt Old Lace would set a standard. This is a low-budget, semi-obscure show in the backwaters of the MCU's TV sphere. At best, people might say "ohh that's accurate, nice." At worse, they'll think the dinosaur looks ridiculous and criticize it as an unnecessary change to the comics.

But you don't carry magic around and refer to it as a chainsaw. Why use a giant goana and call it a Velociraptor?

There were actual animals that look like what people think dinosaurs are, rauisuchians. Why not use those? Why keep making lizard things and slapping the name velociraptor on them? It's actively bad for the public understanding and gives them an utterly fictional expectation of what a velociraptor is

Pack hunting is a hypothesis at best as is advanced intelligence

The animal was only fast compared to other dinosaurs

It was probably incredibly fragile.

Why not just make old lace a rauisuchian? It makes tons more sense and saves everyone the mess

Instead movies stick to the most chaotic thing possible and call one animal a completely different thing

this is awful and i can't believe i'm going to watch all 10 episodes.

Maybe the dinosaur will be tans

They pronounce it Karoleena I am already triggered.

dinosaurs didnt have feathers though, its a fact

I hate it. They're all so obnoxious and I hate that Chase is smart now.

count they buy the damn puppets from Jurassic Park? at least those look more real then this.

Cause when the comic came out kids idea of dinosaurs was literally Jurassic Park. And now most kids still don't know what a raptor is supposed to look like. It looks KINDA like a duck, and it's nothing else, fuck it it's a duck. Most teens wouldn't make up a new species for it. They would give it a pet name, which they do

Molly's were mutants, blondie's were ayylmaos.

Is there something y'all aren't autists on?

Gert's parents were time-travelers (in the comic), but they didn't go into the Cretaceous and pick up a dinosaur -- they went to the 87th century and had one genetically engineered for them. Most people today if you said raptor or velociraptor picture Jurassic Park style featherless monsters. Maybe the Yorkes asked for a velociraptor and when they saw it said "no, we want the big lizard thing from the movie!" And most teenagers if they saw Old Lace would say "A RAPTOR!", not "Oh, no feathers...must be a rauisuchian."

cry me a river

>On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being full tumblr, how SJWey is this show?
>Do they whine bout "privlage" or mention "mansplaining" at any point in the first hour?

Good news, the alien lesbian agrees with you.

Chase is barely passing. C is high school IS failing cause you won't go anywhere with that grade

How is Molly? Ever promo shot I've seen of her she looks either baked or dour, rather than happy and energetic.

She gets a Not Muh from me. But she's not bad.

Pairing her with Gert makes sense cause she was always overprotective of her. It's really fucking weird that she's bigger than Gert though.