Do you like Toonzone?

Do you like Toonzone?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AOYPodcast/status/902332365174747136
aoypodcast.com/2017/09/11/aoy-podcast-115-general-discussion-part-ii-the-hurricane-cast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one has used them in years.

It was a good site about 10-15 years ago. Used to have a lot of connections with insiders and show runners. But they've become increasingly irrelevant over the years, and now they're lucky to get a news story that hasn't already broke on a dozen other websites.

Don't even get me started on the shit show the forums became. Fuck Harley.

Hasn't been the same since Matt Wilson stopped shitting on cartoons there.

Might not be at their peak anymore but don't really have a problem with them. With a lot of other sites pushing video content it's nice to have one still primarily text based.

Also not sure why former forum members tend to be so obsessive. I've been banned from forums myself but I don't form vendettas against the sites in question. Toon zone somehow gets people to fixate on it many years later.

I used to hang out there mostly for the DC and Marvel cartoons. After YJ, GL:TAS and BtB got canned and Marvel stopped releasing good cartoons, activity died and I lost interest.

>Also not sure why former forum members tend to be so obsessive. I've been banned from forums myself but I don't form vendettas against the sites in question. Toon zone somehow gets people to fixate on it many years later.
The best part of this was when a group of about half a dozen former Toon Zone members got together and created a forum named "TZ Watch", a board solely dedicated to bitching about Toon Zone. Good times.

Did he ever do anything besides write one or two Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy articles?

>Also not sure why former forum members tend to be so obsessive. I've been banned from forums myself but I don't form vendettas against the sites in question. Toon zone somehow gets people to fixate on it many years later.
I feel like you're talking about me, because I got banned from their forums as a teenager and held a grudge for, like, three years. I'd say it's because communities of socially inept people tend to actually take away something significant by banning said socially inept people.

Harley is an obnoxious catlady and most of the rest of them are bitter failures still writing about cartoons in their 30s.

This better not be an advertisement for The Anytown Show.

It's probably because of the moderation style. I've never been banned from the site, but I do once remember chiming in on some heated debate between two random users. A day or two later I had forgotten about the thread, only to get a PM from one of the mods acknowledging that I probably wasn't going to post in the thread again, but they decided to send me a notice to take the conversation to PMs anyway. Shit was ridiculous.

I remember this one DarthGonzo guy on the forums who acted like a total spaz if you said anything bad about Family Guy.

It lost its relevancy years ago. It's not even really a news site, as it really just reblogs from other news sources now, and very rarely gets an exclusive interview with anyone relevant in the business.

The forums are run by the former webmaster's problem glasses wife and her clique of feminazis, they ban pretty much anyone who disagrees with what they'll have to say, often times for completely made up reasons. They were probably one of the biggest pre-Sup Forums animation boards on the internet, now they're dead. Most of their admins have no idea how to run a forum: Neo Yi for instance is just some roastie who ran a shitty geocities Danny Phantom website, and has frequently killed entire fanbases in her autistic PMS-driven shitfits.

As mentioned earlier, the former webmaster handed off most of the duties to a cunty liberal "journalist" he married named Eileen Cruz who doesn't really know how to run the website, which results in frequent downtime, server errors, and a bloated forum code that explodes if you use any form of adblocker.

I'm honestly mostly surprised its still even around.

That always pissed me off. The site was strict as hell about shitposting, but allowed Matt Wilson to pop into talkback threads just to say "this is the worstest show since rave master". I didn't give a shit whether or not he liked MegaXLR, but the blatant hypocrisy stuck with my teenage self.

When the anime board was first added, the description said "Welcome home, otaku". Then a bunch of proto-SJWs popped up and claimed that the word otaku was offensive because it was associated with a Japanese serial killer in the late 80s, so the line had to be removed.

Matt Wilson was an asshole who because of his apparnet job in Hollywood got away with doing anything.

Watching his twitter on election night was hilarious because he had a Trump meltdown and starting confessing his genderqueerness for some reason.

I got banned a while back because I called one of the mods incompetent in an email to the website owner (Harley). She claimed something along the lines of that I used 31 different IP addresses in a minute while posting... considering I was posting at a rate of about 1 post per 5 minutes tops and have a static IP, I'm under the impression they may have been lying.

No

I was banned a couple of months ago because I posted an NSync "Bye Bye Bye" music video as my way of saying bye from the JoJo talkback thread, because she was ditching the show since it didn't align with her pro-feminist/SJW worldview. She never gave me a reason why, but I knew why since I was warned about my "behavior" in the past, which was me just poking at her from time to time. She takes things super serious if you dont align with her feminist views on a show like JoJo, which is NO WAY a show made for feminists (yet girls seem to really like JoJo, funny that right). I was a member for 11 years but I stopped caring 7 or so years before my ban.

This is about Light Lucario, some reason that name didn't make it in the previous post above.

That's what happens when you put women in charge of something that requires an innate lack of biases and a fair bit of empathy. You'll upset them at the wrong time of the month or do something to challenge their holier than thou world view and they'll go straight for the most extreme option available to silence you.

lmao fuck that obese bitch

>his apparnet job in Hollywood
I don't think he'd even started Bonus Stage at the time. And his most high-profile gig was doing some bumpers for Fox.

But yeah, his Twitter feed has made it harder for me to enjoy Princess Ness.

Is this you?
twitter.com/AOYPodcast/status/902332365174747136

No wonder you got banned... your avatar had a potentially pro-Brumpf message.

It's kind of hilarious how all those people who acted like assholes years ago ended being total losers IRL. Like Todd Dubois.

Yea that's me, my story is on that episode. I did that avatar months before I got banned, and I put it up there just to be funny.

Link: aoypodcast.com/2017/09/11/aoy-podcast-115-general-discussion-part-ii-the-hurricane-cast/

This was a person who bragged about taking trips with the "ad" money she was making from the site. This was also someone that directly lead to that site downfall in how it was set up with so much freaking advertisements that the site was unusable. If you ever dared questioned her about her site being broken, he piss ass response was that her grandmother was ill. like your grandma didn't make the site, YOU DID!

I'll take a look, if only because I'm not even surprised that sort of bullshit happens there.

It's actually shocking to me that website still manages to hang around. Does it really get that many viewers? I'm guessing the comics and anime boards are more popular than the cartoon section, because threads for even the biggest currently running cartoon shows (SvtFOE, Steven Universe, Loud House) have no more than a dozen different users in them each, mostly people who have been posting at that website for years.

And yes, Light Lucario is a retarded bitch. Looking up their username on google, I'm wondering if its the same one who happens to draw furry inflation art at furaffinity. Wouldn't shock me the least.

Reminder that this is what Lord Dalek looks like.

who's the bald ginger on his left?

One of the only people to come from Toonzone and make something of himself would be Zach Logan/Nathanson. The man I guess is a sucessful attorney and runs the One Piece Podcast that seems to be doing well for itself.

Remember Waggytoon, Silverstar, and Goldstar Neo (Blackstar)?

I remember this guy named Gary who acted like a total faggot and kept bringing up shit everyone else forgot about that happened years ago. Like he should move on and do something else instead of obsess over a forum.

*ruins your website*

literally who?

He's also obsessed with Disney Afternoon shows

Toonzone is pretty fun

I remember that Hell_cat guy who was obsessed with Gundam. Like he'd get really pissy if you disagreed with him on it and make threads for pointless news about it.

It spawned Famicom so no

It's only good for the monthly premieres list threads on CN/Disney. Otherwise it's a bunch of underage cucks just bitching and complaining.