The state of normies

The state of normies

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Box
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The state of live action fags.

That’s not how Darkseid actually looks is it?

It doesn’t fit at all.

>"Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off"
It's starting.

It's clearly just a shoop of Steppenwolf's head right above him

I hope the OP is joking. Thanos is actually based on Darkseid, and Darkseid just took a longer amount of time to adapt to film

Is it not true?

pestilen/tv/ermin are Sup Forums's greatest scourge. No matter the cost, they must be purged.
Report each and every single live action thread on sight.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=96962443

>Villain
>The big boss behind the villain (actual antagonist)
>Group of heroes
I'm sure The Avengers was the first film to do this. Also, notice how the visual similarities end with the sub-villain having horns (gee, just like the devil, who is the symbolic representation of evil). The Darkseid photo is shopped and the group of heroes have little in common other than just being a group of heroes.

Comic Book fans know that... the general public does not. Perception is reality, and WB has been schizophrenic about "Let's be different from Marvel / Let's be the same as Marvel for that fat shared universe money."

They've gone all grimdark because of the Nolan batflicks and because that's what Snyder likes, which has made the tone all wrong. Then they do everything in their power to make Suicide Squad into GotG 1.5. They'd probably catch a lot less shit if they were consistent.

It's really a shame, too. DC has some incredible characters and some great villains, when they use them correctly (not having LL be a used car salesman with a land scheme or a spastic cringelord would be a nice start). I'd go with Brainiac or even fucking Starro before using Darkseid now that Thanos is in the general public's mind. Hell, they could even bring in Doctor Manhattan (with clothes) as the big bad. Talk about shocking everyone.

Movie goers don't know the rich depths the DC universe has... and WB seems bound and determined to not show them anything they haven't seen before.

That was kinda OP's whole point there, Drax.

Yes it's true but is because Marvel ripped off DC not the other way around, they even said it themselves that they created avengers as an answer to Justice League and Thanos was supposed to be Darkseid on Marvel.

>created avengers as an answer to Justice League

The Avengers was created as a showcase to help spotlight there less popular characters, hence why Spider-man and the X-men were nowhere to be seen. It wasn't until Bendis started writing them he decided to make it an actual Justice League "All-Stars" team and put Spidey and Wolverine on and kill off anyone who was lame/weird (Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, etc)

>formulaic
That would never work on DC, Batman MUST be dark, Flash MUST be lighthearted, Superman MUST beinspirational and optimistic, WOnder Woman MUST be about adventure, Cyborg MUST be a sci fi/drama

Each of those characters were created for different genres.

They were created right after Justice League sucess, even their name is similar.

>Thanos is actually based on Darkseid
I mean, if you want to get technical, Thanos was based on Metron, but the editor said "if you're going to rip-off the New Gods, then at least rip-off the cool one" which is what resulted in Thanos looking more like Darkseid. The whole "sits in a big flying chair all day and philosophizes" is still pure Metron though.

>avengers
>similar name to justice league

what

No one says that other than normies on normiebook.

Well, there has been a lot of ripping off back and forth over the years.... honestly neither side would be as cool as they are without things borrowed from their competition over the years. It's not like DC hasn't done underhand things... read up on the history of Shazam/Captain Marvel. One of their main tactics early on was to sue other publishers into oblivion.

Perception is reality, though, and Marvel got their version of reality to the general public first. That's why most people think of Isaac Newton as the inventor of calculus and not Gottfried Leibniz.

But hey, at least College Humor and The Daily Buzz will get plenty of mileage out of it for Facebook clickbait.

>avenge
>justice
Is not that complicated, there was an infnite number of name options like champions,heroes,hope,fighters etc yet they choose near synonyms

Thanos doesn't sit in a big flying chair all day though, just in the MCU. He stands around while he philosophizes, just like Darkseid. Jim Starlin has admitted he's based purely on Darkseid.

Normies are the people who are loving Aquaman over the flash

>liking a twink over a chad

Go to MarvelDisney and DC-WB. Say "OK, you can either have everyone on Sup Forums go see your movie, or everyone on Facebook go see your movie. Your choice."

"Sup Forums? Never heard of it (not even /b). We'll take Facebook, please."

Neither studio cares about the purity of your comics... sure, they want your good will if possible. If it's a choice between your money and the money of a hundred "normies" though, you'll lose every time.

>avenge
>to take revenge for or on behalf of

>justice
>just behaviour or treatment

they really are not that similar and sometimes even polar opposites

Your whole post is wrong.
Starlin is the one that told the story about the editor telling him to use Darkseid instead of Metron. Thanos' chair was his main transportation for quite a while

Does it fucking matter anymore? Nobody is going to care otherwise outside of the fanbase.

Those genres have their own formulas. The team movies should be a mix of them.
Except they're trying to force everything to fit the Batman mold. Green Lantern failed? Because it wasn't dark enough! Superman not working? He needs to brood!
And that's the problem. They got that Batman money and so now they're trying to force everything to mimic it.
And people, even casuals and normies, can pick up on that.
Then DCEUfags call them stupid for noticing.

>>liking a twink over a chad
I been noticing girls on Facebook creaming over Aquaman yet laughing at flash. Someone needs to make a chad meme out of this. I rather see Aquaman meme 3 memes than twink flash getting a film

The state of DCucks.

Replace Loki with Surtur, he's a better fit.

No one gives a fuck about Cyborg.

>only Batman does dark and brooding.

Remember when the Red Skull had a mother box?

Eh, anything that helps end the DCEU is fine by me

>The Virgin Flash and the AquaChad

Steppenwolf sounds like a rapper name.

I don't think the MCU's cornered the market on cyborgs with shrink rays and bottled city collections.

That's hurting all those studios though, even MCU felt it but less, Guardians 2, homecoming and Ragnarock were all projects to get 900 in a realistic scenario and 1 billion in a optimistic one.

Look you can > as much as you want but the scoreboards say you're wrong. Nobody wants an angsty Superman.

Normies control the success of superhero movies now. Get used to marvel dominance sweetie.

It is a band.

It is the Avengers comparison. Comparing the team up and team up.

>Thanos doesn't sit in a big flying chair all day though, just in the MCU
We're talking about Starlin's Thanos here, user. And boy did that mother fucker LOVE his chair.

Why was Sutur in Justice League?

>Normal fags don't know that Marvel even stole their name from DC

Oh, uncontested. Marvel hasn't broken a billion on a single film this year, but they've all been solo films laying the groundwork for Infinity War. The three films that have come out this year have either broken $800 million, or are damn close and still in theaters. None of them were designated tent poles for the franchise, and not a single one of them cost a whopping $600 million to make.

One of the things Marvel does well is works in things that the comic fans will cream their pants over, but that you don't have to be a comic book fan to either understand or it isn't important to the overall plot. It's a really delicate balance.

I don't think that it's because of angry comic book fans, though. Movie revenues in general have been down this year. Marvel's still getting the same percentage of the pie (roughly), it's just a smaller pie. ANY movie maker wants as many people as possible to like, see, and recommend their movie, but they're going to prioritize to the most people they can. That's why Marvel's Captain Marvel will not be a lesbian, and her personality will be vastly different from Fuhrer Marvel of the current comic books. It's going to piss a lot of hardcore Carol fans off, but those books are selling in the 20,000 range. They want her to appeal to MILLIONS of people, not tens of thousands.

Captain Marvel probably won't do as well in the box office as Wonder Woman, to be honest... it'll be close, but I think the public will say "Oh, Marvel's copying Wonder Woman." Setting it in the 90's might be a mistake, because that just reinforces that perception. If it does beat Wonder Woman, I don't see it doing it by much.

And this is why Justice League didn't do as well as Marvel's films, Disney annexed the Star Wars fanbase and the Marvel fanbase and combined them with their Disney fanbase. I hope the people of DC remember this fact and realize what kind of folks are up against them.

As Yoda would tell Snyder "That is why you fail."

>Marvel/Disney/Star Wars axis of evil

Some fag sat behinnd me muttered to his friend "deadpool rip-off" when Slade showed up, so Darkseid being a Thanos copy isn't out of reason

The Avengers was created as a Justice League knockoff but Stan Lee didn't want to use any of Marvel's most popular characters at the time (who were Spider-Man and members of the FF), so it used characters who had their own feature but not their own comic book yet.

Then Stan decided he didn't like characters being in two books at once so he kicked out all the original members and replaced them with nobodies like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

The book after that had kind of a dual identity with usually a couple of stars who didn't do much, and a bunch of nobodies who carried the plot. JLA has sometimes been like that, like in the Giffen/DeMatteis years, but it's more often been a star showcase with Martian Manhunter to represent the nobodies.

wow, almost like the comics. its almost like, stories are made by writers who are hired by executives who are part of large companies that rely on profit to survive, and just like all companies they're competitive and will take ideas from other companies to compete.

>and Darkseid just took a longer amount of time to adapt to film
The first Avengers was 2012.
BvS was last year

This always annoys me, especially since unlike Thanos, Deadpool being a Deathstroke rip off was always a joke

Every movie studio is trying to do this, Disney's just more successful at it. They still have their misfires... John Carter was supposed to become a film franchise.

They try though... they really work hard to appeal to as many people as possible, and that's how you be come successful with blockbusters. If you're going to make an art film, you do it on a shoestring budget because you know it isn't going to put asses in seats except to a small fan base.

That's why the let Kevin Smith keep making movies... I think his most expensive movie to date was Dogma, with a budget of about $10 million, and it made $31.4 million. Good rule of thumb is total production cost / advertising / etc. usually doubles the budget, so it made $11.4 million profit in the box office.

Sure, none of his movies have ever broken $100 million at the box office, but all of them have ultimately been profitable. He'll be the first one to tell you that he doesn't make movies that will ever be blockbusters, but he's low risk and solid reward. For the amount of money they spent on Justice League, he could make a movie a year for the next 30 years, assuming he spent as much on them as he did on Dogma (Clerks only cost $230,000 - the fucking song rights cost more than the movie itself). At the same rate of return as Dogma, that's $342 million bucks he'd be bringing in. Fuck, man... WB should have given the Justice League money to Kevin Smith... they'd be better off.

Jack Kirby worked for DC first then when he went to what;s known now as Marvel he inveted the Cosmic Cube and most of Marvel while he was there, when he moved over to DC he created a bunch of characters for them too including the Mother Box which is suposed to be far stronger than the Cosmic Cube from what I know.

>he seriously think Superman has never brood.
Casual.

>He thinks I wasn't referring to their fanbase which collectively chose to not see JL

Yes, we all know that Thanos is a copy of Darkseid.

>Perception is reality,

Shut up with this shit already, you're not being poignant

>He thinks I wasn't referring to their fanbase which collectively chose to not see JL

Can you blame them though? DC's been 1 for 4 before Justice League. How much disappointment are people supposed to sit through before they say "fuck it, I'll catch it on Netflix." I know a lot of people who were waiting for word of mouth... and that hasn't seemed to help much.

Going to see a movie is only getting more expensive, so people are starting to be more selective about what they pay to see. With Marvel / Disney / Star Wars / Harry Potter, maybe 1 in 10 movies will be a dud. Compare that to a 75% chance of the movie sucking for the DCEU...

Here's the funny thing... outside of comic book fans, most people don't know or care about the difference. People aren't going to see Justice League to crush DC... they're not going to see it because they remember BvS. "oh, shit... it's about the same score on RT as BvS was. Guess I'll go see Thor again."

A movie needs to be more than "fine" to bring people in to see it these days. If you think millions of Marvel fanboys are boycotting Justice League just to spite DC and Snyder, I've got some great desert land to sell in Arizona and Nevada that will soon be beachfront property.

Why are DCEU costumes so over-designed?

>the Mother Box
they're just advanced cellphone/computers/teleporters/etcs

Mother Boxes are 'living computers' typically found on New Genesis. The term 'living computer' should be understood as an approximation; they seem to be part living being, part highly developed machine. They look like small boxes, about the size of a Terran house brick at largest.

Created by New Genesian scientist Himon using the mysterious Element X, they are generally thought to be sentient, miniaturized, portable supercomputers, although their true nature and origins are unknown.They possess wondrous powers and abilities not understood even by their users, the Gods of New Genesis. These range from teleportation (they can summon Boom Tubes) to energy manipulation. Mother boxes have been seen healing the injured, including Darkseid himself, after he was beaten by Doomsday. Metron stated that each Mother Box shares "a mystical rapport with nature." They provide their owner with unconditional love and self-destruct when their owner dies.

Mother Boxes have sacrificed themselves for causes they have believed in and are greatly respected by the people of New Genesis.

Mother Boxes can access the energy of the Source for various effects. They can (among other things):

Change the gravitational constant of an area
Transfer energy from one place to another
Control the mental state of a host
Communicate telepathically with a host or other life form
Manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries
Open or close Boom-tubes
Take over and control non-sentient machines
Evolve non-sentient machines
Merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being
Sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space

Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power from it. Viewed from that perspective, they can be seen as a computer that links Man to God.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Box

Actually the Fantastic Four was created in answer to Justice League, Avengers was made to showcase some heroes to stall for the release of comics that still needed extra time to finish.

Marvel cucked DC out of all their characters. In the eyes of the masses DC will always be the cheap ripoffs, the lame knockoffs, the also-rans. Feels good, man.

>There's three "mother boxes" in Justice League
>Mother boxes were created with Element X by a single scientist
>They are considered female

>Hyper-advanced circuitry!
>Living matter!
>And limitless energy!
>These were the ingredients chosen to create the ultimate device!
>But Scientist Himon accidentally added a mysterious ingredient to the mix: Element X!
>Thus the Mother Boxes were born!

He's familiar with all the cool Marvel Heroes: Iron Man, Spider Man, America Man, and Jessica Jones Woman.

>d WB seems bound and determined to not show them anything they haven't seen before.
Except they were going to bring Darkseid in but dropped it.

fuck YOU,

OUR purple space emperor is better than yours

people, even film critics, are already saying that dc is copying the avengers with their justice league movie.

t. person on comics and cartoons board of anime website

In terms of structure and tone they really are

Darkseid
>better taste in chairs
>the sickest eye beam trickshots
>rules apokolips
Thanos
>self defeating
>death's bitch
>purple

no i mean that dc ripped off the superhero team up idea from marvel

Does this mean barner brothers were right to set wonder woman in the first world war just because of winter soldier.

Darksied does like chairs though.

Motherboxs aren't that impressive.
So why the fuck are they so important in the decu?
Is it just becauss nu52 tied one into cyborg?

>So why the fuck are they so important in the decu?

Because they connect with the source.

Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off

How are they gonna reference the Thanos-copter? because you all know they will.

Thanos comes to Earth and destroys a news helicopter that is colored yellow or uses a yellow helicopter as a weapon

The Thanoscopter and the "OOPS I DROPPED IT" shit was from an Electric Company young readers comic. It's not an actual Thanos story.
Even if you're aware of that there are others who aren't. It's basically a Sesame Street comic.

That same issue of Spidey Super Stories also had a dude giving an entire Women's Rights march roofies to shut them up.

Lex Luthor stole 40 cakes.

That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

>Marvelfaqgs are going to pretend Loki was a threat just so they can compare him to Steppenwolf

why are they comparing loki to ivan ooze in a helmet

WB is clearly just copying Marvel's format. Yes DC's characters came first, but you're lying if you say they could've gone a different and better direction with how to do Justice League.

>DC's characters came first
Namor predates Aquaman, I will never let you forget this.

They want another Oscar

Fake Darkseid pic, here is the official look.

Darkseid
>can't figure out a math problem
Thanos the Manos
>all of reality is his bitch and he gets bored of winning

Chad Darkseid
>strong enough to defeat Superman
Virgin Thanos
>gets beaten by Squirrel Girl

I did not know that. I guess all the thanos coptor will get in the film is a background reference then.

40 bees! That's too many when you're tiny! Think faster, Atom!

Nah this is what he really looks like