Voltron Thread: American Thanksgiving Edition

When are Hunk's and Shiro's vlogs coming out?

Also, Lance has been voted most likely to make and to bring green bean casserole to the potluck. The most disgusting of Thanksgiving dishes...

What a rude asshole flipping people off like that.

Shiro will die before his vlog.

Here we go again!
have a coffee shop au lance for good measure.

Where's the customer Keith pic that inevitably goes with this?

I have misplaced that image in my files

Ya'll should fucking call congress to ask them not to kill Net Neutrality, otherwise despite losing /vld/, a good thing, you'll lose the rest of your easily accessed internet

I can’t live without /vld/ threads.

Does the FCC know how important our Keith fetishposting is.

I meant that /vld/ isn't much of a loss, but otherwise looking at literally any other site you enjoy or even Sup Forums will be a hassle without net neutrality

Ugh. Stop. STOP!

Better?

Personal opinion: I think the writers fucked up by having Matt be alive. The graveyard scene was beautiful and Matt dying for the cause Pidge had been fight for would have been beautifully tragic. The cipher should have led to a trove of Matt's personal logs that Pidge could listen to and gain some closer as well as the Galra finder data.

Why do you want this when Matt is such a treasure?

Does this show have a Mega?

because I'm a glutton for tragedy

Fuck off back to /trash/.

thank you very much for the bump user, now our thread will last for 5 more minutes

I think they should have dragged it out and had Pidge return, thinking her brother was dead, coming to terms with it with the war going on around her, and then later on - like when she's doing some of her coding shit and feeling nostalgic - realizes his b-day was wrong and part of that secret code stuff.

It's a voltron thread this thing is going to 500 post.

In other news Shada made a joke about Pance.

gotta love the mice

Gotta love the dragon.

>tfw my birthday was this past weekend and /vld/ actually showed restraint for a change and didn't have a weekend thread, because there was one on Friday

For two days, I was free of this place. It was the best birthday gift one could ask for.

This would have been wildly out of tone with the rest of the show and a real fucking dumb decision, honestly. No one would be calling it "beautifully tragic," they would call it cheap and stupid because Pidge's entire arc was wasted on finding someone for nothing and then we'd be expected to mourn for a character we didn't know jack shit about until that very episode.

So what you're saying is that they need to kill Matt later.

Matt should have died, and also Shiro was not the real Shiro and the real one is also dead, and also the other paladins should all die too and the Galra should just rule over everything.

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't drag out the coding stuff out any longer. It was so fucking obvious that the codes would be a plotpoint. We'd be stuck waiting for the loaded gun to finally shoot.

It's not a waste of their arc. A lot of stories have characters fail to realize their goals. Usually they'll have to re-contextualize their journey and grow from their loss.

We'd already care about Matt dying because we saw how much he meant to Pidge, and seeing her fail to find him after working so hard would still be heart-wrenching. It wouldn't be cheap because it would make a lot of sense for him to die at any point during the story, and it could serve as a catalyst for Pidge to grow or change in other ways.

Jeremy Shada is only 5'8"

Matt's aura is extremely threatening to betas on an instinctual level, they're probably not even aware of why they feel this way.

Now that Matt is here (and they're no longer worrying about being tracked) I'm even MORE confused as to why they still haven't visited earth.

Zeith is love.
Zeith is life.

>It's not a waste of their arc. A lot of stories have characters fail to realize their goals. Usually they'll have to re-contextualize their journey and grow from their loss.
Pidge's entire arc/journey outside of Voltron is finding her family, so yes it would be a waste because there's no way to "re-contextualize" that. Having her fail for no other reason than to inject muh tragedy into an otherwise fun and frankly goofy show about the power of friendship would be retarded and at odds with the themes of the show.

VLD is a fun-hearted space opera with light character drama, not a tragedy about the horrors of war. Matt being dead for real would be over-dramatic and way out of place.

VLD is now a slice of life comedy about life in the Galra Empire.

That's because the Pidge video was bland and boring. Just like the Hunk one will be.

I bet the Voltron twitter will release a Thanksgiving image with Hunk and a fucking space turkey.

>killing human characters
kek, this is what the uncle tom ayy lmaos are for. halfway through and people still don't understand what kind of show they're watching

What if Lance had vitiligo?

I thought Pidge's vlog was pretty cute 2bh. Doesn't hold a candle to Keith's hilarious drama breakdown with the sappy music and crying, but they blew their load early on that one.

This.

>In other news Shada made a joke about Pance.
How slow are you?

Kek, I saw Pance fandom blow up over that interview despite it being almost a year old

>news

he's vain and emotionally insecure so he'd probably use make-up to hide it instead of going out into public looking like a blotchy freak

he would only show his true self to Kaltenecker early in the mornings before his daily routine, and in fact she would be attracted to his holstein-like splotches. through her love and acceptance, he would finally learn to truly love and accept himself. then they would make wild love in the grassy pasture.

burn him

I don't think you could make him more tumblr than this image does.

So naive.

It was just one person mentioning it off-hand on their blog which led to people obsessing over it on Pance discords because they didn't know about it.

I always thought that interview disproved the possibility of Pidge/Lance because then Jeremy is breaking his NDA.

I think it neither confirms or disproves Plance. Jeremy was just mucking around and might have not known the endgame ship.

I'd say it not only disproves Pance but also the idea that any of their interactions are meant to be a "crush" on Pidge's part, since if they were setting up a "will they won't they" situation then even joking about the outcome would cross the line. And that type of setup would certainly be something the VAs would be privy to as it's insight into their roles and how to go about those scenes.

Nah, this other interview had him giving this response so he already knew about Lance's romantic endgame at the point.
>“But I think there is, to some extent, at some point you’ll find that one person that above all you kind of fall in love with a little bit and realize that it’s nice to have that one person than kind of just going all over the place. Not spoiling too much, but yeah. He’ll mature in all ways.”

Sheeiiiittt....both released on January 19th...

Looks like it's RIP Pance

Lance/Ezor is endgame, niggas.

We should call it Lazor.

I've always interpreted this line to be Lance developing unrequited feelings for Allura and remaining single. I've never been convinced that Lance will get a romance.

FUCK YOU, JEREMY!!!

So the VA work was finished up to at least the half-way point of the series a year+ ago.
That's pretty obviously referring to Lance's growing crush on Allura

Obviously.
Lance is an incel.

>only character in the show interested in romance doesn't get in a relationship
>only endgame ship is two people who have shown zero romantic interest in anyone
What did they mean by this?

Jeremy, mah boi.

The showrunners are all Voltron nostalgiafags.

Shidge is pure!

CLINK CLINK

MEME MAGIC
E
M
E

M
A
G
I
C

>hates galra scum
>has galra trophy husband

Can't believe there are faggots who still believe Allura is best emperor.

I hate how this important detail slipped right beneath our noses. I mean, Bex reblogging Pance art was already sort of a giveaway that it wasn't going to happen.

>falling for the canon Pance meme
Haha, oh wow

I never believed Pance would happen and I don't even like it. I just don't like how we didn't keep track of the interview dates.

Galra dick is best dick. It's not hypocritical at all.

>Lauren: I don’t know if Lance knows what he needs. I know what he might look for, but what he might look for is not necessarily what he needs. I think he needs someone who is self-assured and knows herself, so that he can kind of become that same person and know himself. [To Joaquim] What do you think?

>Joaquim: I mean, I think Lance is evolving. So I think, like Lauren said, whoever Lance chooses, I think what he’s looking for is getting to a place that is maybe very different than where he started in the series.

It was a hypothetical gf all along.

Maybe the real Lance gf were the lancefags he made along the way

Lance should get into an abusive relationship with a cute alpha ayylmao who takes advantage of him constantly, while his friends can only look on, helpless

DEEPEST LORE

Lance should start an intergalactic incel forum.

Yeah, the answers are IF Lance got a girlfriend. Not that Lance would actually get a girlfriend in the series.

I ship Lazor for this reason. Also she is flexible and invisible. Imagine Lance getting wrestled by his invisible gf.

>Lance getting gaped by her invisible head-tentacle

Hunk gets a girlfriend but Lance doesn't.

Absolute perfection.

>Shiro in the OP
>No HONKing images of Shiro's HONKers

>keith gets allura
>shiro gets romelle
>hunks gets shay

Lance wants a gf more than anything but he is also the only male paladin to not get a gf.

In b4 his gf ends up being a literal who ayylmao

>even Coran will get a girlfriend
MILF Nanny pls.

Lance was the ultimate cuck all along.

I'll wait till a little later for posting a tumblr screenshot. As much as I enjoy it, that being a very big over-reaction to a small joke, it'll wait till thread limit.

>pidge gets beezer

It's the Euro hour, user. Go for it.

Lance's gf makes her intro in the last episode and her only defining characteristic is liking Lance.

What's wrong, user?

How can Lotor even compete?