What if they're dead?

What if they're dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o
avclub.com/even-in-the-wilds-of-the-jungle-movie-hey-arnold-rare-1820597210
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then Arnold will absorb their power, thus becoming stronger than ever

Dont worry, then Helga take care of football head...if you know what I mean

Then Arnold can finally put them to rest.

THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY ALIVE

They're not. But I feel like the story would be better if they were.

This. While Nick would never allow it, an angsty Jungle Movie where it turns out the parents died heroically (saving Eduardo or the green eyes), and Helga fills the void in Arnold's heart would be more depressing yet satisfying

Arnold's parents were always the least interesting aspect of the show for me and I'm a little disappointed the show finally gets a movie continuation that's blown on focusing on this shit. At least we'll probably get a new series after this.

I really believe the movie will have a bittersweet ending.
They are dead, but Arnold finds a journal with something really touching inside.

The truth is that Arnold's football-shaped head killed his mother during birth, and his father killed himself out of grief after leaving Arnold to Phil and Pookie. Grandpa made up the journal story for Arnold's benefit.

Anyone else think TJM may not live up to the hype? Like there’s a fourteen year build up on this thing, it must be the DNF of Nicktoon movies

There’s nothing else that needs to be addressed besides his parents, though, except Helga and Arnold’s relationship. It was never a show that was working towards any kind of goal to end on until the parent episodes brought up the absence of Arnold’s parents. So there isn’t a big need to bring it back for any other reason.

You would think that with the shapes of his parents heads he would inherit enough of their traits to get something that was normal shaped.

what if just one is dead? and it that case which one?

Stella. A mother would never abandoned her child for so long if she actually loved him.

“football head”

What if nickelodeon never mention them again, then for sure they are dead af

I remember when I absorbed my parents

what if they had another kid

I want them to be, don't make it an average happy reunion. But nah, no fucking way. So at this point they better make it damn worth it and written well.

I'm so nervous bros.

fuck, is there a way I can watch this through a stream? I might not have access to a tv when it airs.

>its an unedited video of his parents getting mauled by bears

Problem is they've written themselves in a corner. Arnold's parents will undoubtably be alive and then they have to explain why they didn't come back or try to contact relatives.
Had they only been missing for a year or so, any explaination might do. Had they left, say, about the time Arnold went into 4th grade, it might play better.
Still betting that they were held prisoner.

That would explain why he never heard from them.
Also, he'd be sure to return with Helga.

That's a nice take.
They never told Arnold since he'd get a guilt complex.

>Arnold and the gang get a breadcrumb clue about his parents.
>Movie focuses on trials and tribulations of the class as well as heavy, heavy focus on the relationships between the characters growing up and fear of drifting apart.
>Get to where the maguffin leads them, dead end.
>After flared emotions about a failed trip, and possibly a scene with Helga/Arnold away from the group as they plot their next move.
>A mad tribe of pygmies is found to have attached Arnold's parent's at the waist, killing them, before their magic was successful with house pets.
>Later, everyone ejaculates green slime to the theme song of Salute Your Shorts.
>Credits.

I really can't tell if they're alive or not, Sup Forums, before the past month I would have no doubt bet they're alive but I can now see ways their death could have been written in. I'm not sure

The jungle movie thread better be stickied on friday

I wonder if they'll have the balls to include a scene like pic related

The dad could have done better than her

Can someone remind me why Helga has the hots for Arnold anyway? Its been like 12 years since I watched an episode of Hey Arnold.

If they were alive, there is no reason to justify them not having come back for Arnold. The Journal made such a big deal at the end about just how much they loved him and how they wanted their own life with him.

Because he's a good person, essentially. He's optimistic, positive, kind and generous to others. She basically fell in love with him the day she met him when, after walking to pre-school alone in the rain, he put an umbrella over her and complimented her pink bow. She had a pretty miserable upbringing so this was one of the first times someone had been nice to her.

I just can't see them coming back. Perhaps there is something that stops them from coming back to America with Arnold. Like, he gets the joy of knowing they are alive and happy but they are needed in San Lorenzo so they can't upset the balance of the show.

They probably are. I'm betting that another sibling was born and raised by the mysterious tribe.

>Arnold has Chad dad
>instead inherits his roastie mom's fucked up head and chin
Poor guy

They didn't even have the balls to keep the pigeon guy dead.

It's gonna be amnesia

But the complete lack of any contact, even though it's possible to apparently just take a school trip there makes that incredibly difficult to believe.

I'm talking about like, a magical force. Maybe the green eyed people need them to stay in order to avert some magical disaster. It doesn't have to just be "well they can't find their way out of the jungle".

>DNF
?????????

I imagine he means Duke Nukem Forever.

same.

hey arnold already had episodes about arnold coming to terms with growing up without his "real" parents, and that his grand parents are basically his parents.

Literally this. I want them to be as good as dead for story purposes.

I'm pretty sure they have amnesia for some plot related reasons and just forgot about Arnold. This will let Nick have their cake and eat it; this way there can be a big depressing scene where Arnold meets them and they don't know who he is while still allowing for a happy sentimental ending where they properly reunite with him.

Duke Nukem Forever was always getting updates and was always in development.

Jungle Movies wasn't even a thing for like a decade.

LOOK AT THAT BITCH'S HEAD

If there's not a Predator reference in the movie, then the writers have no sense of humor.

>bears
>in the jungle.

I afraid this will be terrible.

I thought the show implied they had died

>if

I hope not considering they've already done that with the Beaned episode.
Plot twist: the Green Eyes have kept prisoner because they are afraid that they'll tell others about them and those people will come and mess up their way of life.

They went missing in a hazardous jungle in Central America years before the start of the show. Everyone rightly presumes that they are long dead.

How do you go years with no contact with your son unless you are imprisoned hard

Dead or prisoner yes?

>While Nick would never allow it
It's not exactly clear if Nick would allow it or not. They know the people watching the new Hey Arnold movie is mostly going to be adults. They've even been posting raunchy moments from old shows on the NickSplat Facebook page. I never thought they'd ever do that.
www facebook com/NickSplat/videos/270193880170979/

I honestly don't think Bartlett thought this through. Even in interviews, he states that, when the series started, he hadn't worked out what happened tothe parents.
"Oh, they were off in Africa or somewhere."
Hey Arnold has always had at least one foot in reality and now we sort of want a realistic solution.

Commie terrorists are still out there in the jungle. Colombian guerrillas would hold hostages for years, even decades.
I hate commies so much

You could always just be a very shitty parent

They could have been brainwashed to believe they don't have a son or something.That's another option

RIP user

Right? If each new SJ episode got one this should. Rocko and Zim deserve it too, but this one really does because it's the series finale we've waited for for years, same as SJ except contained in 1 movie

that damn webm

This, should've left it as was.

>his mom being brainwashed
y e s

>What if they're dead?

Bury them,then.

One of these fuckers

It looks like a sloth possessed a bear.

It does indeed.

You mean the narcos got them?

It's a sloth bear, that's what baloo is.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

AV Club gave it a A-
avclub.com/even-in-the-wilds-of-the-jungle-movie-hey-arnold-rare-1820597210

Not sure if that means anything.

It means they like it.

Don't forgot the Contras, who have done equally horrible things for just as long.

Oh wow.

WHEN I SEARCH IT ON GOOGLE THE RIGHT PANEL SAYS IT AIRS TOMORROW BUT EVERYWHERE ELSE SAYS ITS FRIDAY, WHAT DO I TRUST

I'm nervous for it, the colors are overly saturated for the modern cartoon market, some designs still aren't clicking, and the animation is embarrassing at times. Don't get me wrong, not trying to hate it before it airs, just not wanting its treatment to be bad.

I could've sworn it was airing tomorrow, but it looks like it will be Friday after all....

I kept believing that Helga poster on here counting down the days, and sometimes the Nick ads say "This thanksgiving" and other times says "This thanksgiving weekend". Some say the "this X" and just finish out the trailer with scenes, and some say "This X" and have a day at the end, but every time that one airs I miss it and only see the day for a split damn second, which I guess is Friday.

It pisses me off that they have a "This Thanksgiving" version

Please have a sticky for the movie premiere, it'd just be a shame to have to relocate every short while while trying to watch the film, it's hard enough posting and watching at the same time and not missing much. Plus, I wanna post reaction images and I'm sure fanart and unrelated-to-the-premiere reaction images will be posted soon after the thread starts.

I already didn't get a sticky for one thing, but damn it this deserves one.

it might be available on demand one day early, but it is guaranteed to be on Friday

>on demand one day early
better not, i dont want a fucked up talkback thread

Yeah, unfortunately. Couldn't find it on the guide for Thursday, so it's looking like Friday. The "This Thanksgiving" got me, too

I wonder how much detail the dad went into about how he plowed Arnold's mom in the journal.

Yeah, it's Friday, they're not gonna air it when everyone's busy eating and getting verbally abused by disappointed relatives

Hope he focused on her breasts a bit.

>her tits are also football-shaped

My dick is confused

My unlucky ass has to work Friday until 8. To all of you watching it live, have fun.

Oh good, I'm working tomorrow and getting Friday off.

Look at the filename, retard. It's a spectacled bear, the only species in South America. You people should all spend more time on /an/

TJM was speculated nonstop by the fans for years and Bartlett always mentioned it in fan forums

>Post yfw Arnie is revealed to be the main villain

holy shit i was about to doze off and the splat just played a short interview with craig, he said the viewers were curious if simmons was gay, he even said it, i think he said peter was his partner and they have a goodbye scene in the jungle movie

kinda surprised at that bumper, damn caught me off guard

Arnold has seen some shit

one of you are going to be cool enough to post aa stream r-right?

Oh Christ. Please, this.

yes. the ustream one