The Best Publisher in Comics

Who is the best major comics publisher and why is it Image?

Image>Dark Horse=DC>Marvel>IDW

The best comic publisher was First Comics.

Fantagraphics

It's Fantagraphics.

>not Caliber or Comico
pleb detected

>major comics publisher

>sells in actual bookstores and appeals to non-retards

Look dude, I read Fantagraphics too. I bought My Favourite Thing is Monsters.

BUT I SAID MAJOR COMICS PUBLISHER

>Comico
It's been too long since I've seen someone mention them. Thank you.

It's a major comics publisher.

The direct market is not the only market.

Comico was basically the superior Dark Horse. But DH got the better licenses so they're the one we're stuck with today.

>Dark Horse

This meme needs to end.

With Hellboy they lost their last decent title to publish.

Wait, did Hellboy end? Aren't they still cranking out endless Mignolaverse stuff?

Mignola retired as an interior artist, but Mignolaverse will still continue.

Yeah until they finished all the bprd stuff, we’ve still got blackhammer which is good but they really want another Hellboy which I don’t even think is possible on today’s market

>what is Briggs Land
>what is Black Hammer

>which I don’t even think is possible on today’s market
It's possible but just not with Dark Horse. They don't know how to market anything and they don't give anything a chance to find an audience before they cancel it. The only creator-owned titles they publish that can sell are by people who bring their audience with them like Lemire and Bunn.

Were would Boom studios rank?

poor to good, but I would say the best publisher right now is Valiant myself.

Boom!

Valiant has never been even ok
fucking shills

>They don't know how to market anything

There was an user who claimed to be a former DH employee, and if he was telling the truth it would explain so much. Basically he claimed that the DH heads were desperate to get into movies and were trying to push for a cinematic universe using characters like Ghost and Barbwire.

It really came across as being clueless, despite the great talent they publish. There was almost no fanfare for a new Geoff Darrow comic this year, at least not from the company itself.

>Image
When will this meme end? Image doesn't even produce anything good except for Stray Bullets. It is for people who don't want to read big two, but won't stray away from capeshit.

Brandon Graham and all his friends tho.

Brandon Graham is a mediocre writer and most of his friends use Image occasionally.

IDW is a fuckton better than DC or Marvel. Fantagrahics and Drawn and Quarterly don't really belong in such a comparison.

And you know what? With it's Boom Box! imprint, Boom! is fucking killing it nowadays.

Aftershock and Alterna

Image is boring. Too many writers focus on coming up with gimmicks to sell books and not focusing on the actual quality of the writing. They also don't have the balls to publish any right-wing comics.

IDW hasn't been good in a long time. Turtles is the only consistently good offering they have. Hasbroverse tanked hard.

OP probably meant something that publishes monthly ongoings.

>Turtles is the only consistently good offering they have
Did they go full tumblr eventually?

Jem still exists, your argument is invalid!

Karen Berger is working there and bringing in all the people she used to work with. So expect all the big Vertigo writers to be popping up at Dark Horse. Gaiman has stuff through them now. Oh and they are publishing the Manara library