If people think that le homosexual man's peace would never last even in the COMIC...

If people think that le homosexual man's peace would never last even in the COMIC, why do people have a problem with the movie's alternate ending?

I paid for a squid and I did not get a squid.

The movie's ending would have led to Russia launching nukes immediately.

So? Isn't the supposed point of the comic that Veidt is actually an idiot who's only "comic book smart"?
Why does the movie ending not fit with that theme?

Why didn't he just persuade blue god man to disarm the worlds nuclear weapons

Tries to end on a high note
Squids were supposed to represent the surreal nature of comic books and that their solutions don't work but Snyder didn't understand that
Squids are a threat completely removed from Earth

>Comic ending: Won't last forever, but it will work for a time. Weird alien attacked randomly, just happened to hit US soil. Everyone is paranoid thinking they could be next so they work together till it becomes apparent the threat is no longer there.
>Movie ending: Other countries will ether see this as the US paying for playing god on their own time, or see the US as unleashing a terrible menace upon the world. Ether they assume Manhattan only has a beef with the ones who created him or see the US as the cause of the problem.

>but Snyder didn't understand that
Proof?
Because we both know the real reason- fitting the spuid plot into the movie would have made it even longer.
All the disappearing people, the Black Freighter, the back matter, so much more would have needed to been squeezed in.

As far as "Watchmen minus the squid" scenario's go, the move to use Manhattan was rather clever.

see
(and don't just link to , because that wasn't the point you made in the post of yours I am quoting).

Can anybody who has the movie post some screenshots of the computer monitors in Adrian's base at the end so that we can see how many cities were destroyed and which ones?

>Retards keep spouting his plan would fail
>He thinks anyone would ever find out it was him

meant to link you before the word "see" in this post

According to Doomsday Clock, his plan did fail, and everyone found out it was him.

>the move to use Manhattan was rather clever.
Sub int detected.

soygoyboy detected
re meme ber the 14 turds brother

According to Doomsday clock Johns is a faggot and a bad writer.

Because his comic solution is a short sighted, temporary fix for the problem.
The movie solution doesn't seem like it would work at all, and could potentially incite an immediate call to arms. Manhattan is seen as US property, he even fought for them in nam. Even if they see he attacked US land as well, they will see blame the handler.

I don't think most people assumed they would find out. They just assumed after a while people would stop working together unless continued alien attacks were staged, since the threat would be seen as irrelevant and completely random.

>Because his comic solution is a short sighted, temporary fix for the problem.
>The movie solution doesn't seem like it would work at all
Again, Moore already renders the entire book pointless by making Veidt a point and not a character, so why does it matter if his plan works for a little while or not at all? He's not a well written character either way.

You should read the last issue again.

If you think the whole story is pointless, why are we even having the conversation?

At this point it doesn't seem like you are arguing in favor of the film, and more so saying Adrian is shit to begin with so why not make his plan even less effective.

Because i'm asking a question that I would like people besides me to answer????????

If Manhattan is working with Veidt and Government scientists on a Clean Energy project, there's no reason for a government assassin to "investigate" it in the first place, thereby wrecking the entire opening premise that the Comedian is killed for uncovering the Big Secret. Is he supposed to have parachuted into the Antarctic while on a trip to (???). Is the Comedian a Physics genius beyond Manhattan who can understand that he's building a weapon? There's no reasonable murder motive.

The conceit that all the World Powers would feel a mutual sense of loss and comraderie with the USA after the Super Frankenstein they'd been using for decades went amok and killed millions is beyond retarded. Manhattan is a government agent, military weapon and deterrent-threat used to cow nations America was against ideologically. He's been unleashed on at least one nation to violently end a conflict.
It's akin to an American Doomsday AI fritzing and launching warheads at 20 world capitols, but hey we love you USA because it also blew up Chicago. Completely wtf.

And the idea that an extradimensional squid monster is too surreal for an audience that's already been asked to accept a 300' glowing blue Atom Jesus who hangs his johnson out is beyond stupid.

you entered into this with a "correct" answer in your head, rather than trying to create a discussion. Therefore you'll just ignore or attack anyone who disagrees with you, rendering any attempt at conversation moot.

Did you forget the part where Manhattan left Earth?

>there's no reason for a government assassin to "investigate" it in the first place,
In the movie it's assumed that he just saw Veidt's plan somehow, not that he was doing it on behalf of the Government IRRC.

>you entered into this with a "correct" answer in your head
That's what everyone does though.
It's why this place is a pit.

Why didn't they just make it some giant detonation that simulated energy readings originating from somewhere off world?
I understand why the Squid is seen as cheesy, but the fact that it was a completely impartial, unknown enemy was a big part of why it might actually make people work together.

>Did you forget the part where Manhattan left Earth?
Even more reason to attack the US over it. They are the only ones left on the planet that hold responsibility for the mess.

>Did you forget the part where Manhattan left Earth?
No, what does that have to do with anything? USA's super-monster stomped all over the planet and pissed off, that won't win over anyone.
>In the movie it's assumed that he just saw Veidt's plan somehow
That's more than a bit convenient, that Veidt had a manila folder labeled "my plan to blow up a bunch of cities" lying about where the Comedian could find it.

Osterman leaving Earth for Mars doesn't magically make the US immune to accusations. To the rest of the world, they fucked up royally with their superweapon. People would want someone to blame that would provide instant gratification, and going after a walking god that may or may not return doesnt provide that

Yes, why kill The Comedian? Revenge? Why didn't Eddie told the government?

>Even more reason
Nope. Not playing that game.
That's the most obnoxious way to converse.
>person A makes a counter point, person B says it actually makes THEIR point stronger

guh

What are you getting out of this if you aren't in the mood to debate?

You haven't made a counter point to ANYTHING, you "guh"-ing fuckstick.

In general Snyder doesn't understand Watchmen. The ending in theory isn't too bad and I like how it makes Ozy's betrayal more personal with the other Crimebusters and it makes sense to use the worlds already existing fear of Manhattan but all the fact that he attacks dozens of countries and the fact that Manhattan has been a symbol of American power for decades by then just makes me think everyone will turn on America in no time at all. At least with the Squid it's a completely outside entity that only attacked New York after Dr Manhattan disappeared for good as well. All that and the fact that it's so quick and clean when the book dedicated several pages of graphic horror to it to show how brutal Ozy's plan actually is. And then there's the part right after were Nite Owl calls out Ozy and basically removes any real ambiguity in the ending

>I have no good argument so I'll just stop playing
Why did you even make this thread? To shitpost?

Jon not so subtly implied that it wouldn't plus try Googling Ozy's name and see what you get

moore make analogies of how an ultimate and realistic version of super heroes would become in the case of Dr. manhattan he slowly release that since he is a "super human" he no longer have a place in earth and in the movie snyder strip him of this by making ozy "force" him to leave earth

>Googling Ozy's name
Isn't the pertinent quote even in one of the issues?

His name was a reference to his ultimate goal bringing everything he loved to ruin but that happened by his own design.

>removes any real ambiguity in the ending
Moore did that himself with the Black Freighter side-story

why ask questions you already know the answer to?

Does the OP seem like a shitpost?
If so, what made you think that?
How would that question be asked in a non-shitpost way, in your opinion?

>le homosexual man's
was a pretty obvious indicator of shitposting

I just added that based on the hot new "possibly homosexual" meme.
I almost just wrote Adrian.

>le homosexual man
?

Do you even Saddam? Or Osama? Or Pinochet? Or...

Learn some history you dumbfuck