Comics, not movies

Why do I like DC comics more than Marvel comics?
Are they fundamentally different?

DC is safe and sound
Marvel is little risky with their characters.

DC is full of Gods prancing about as super heroes.
Marvel is full of everyday putzes prancing about as super heroes.

other way round

gonna just say that i am a super casual comic book reader so i'm likely way off the mark but... i like dc because it seems like most marvel superheroes are anti-heroes and i don't much care for them.

It is true.

When they get risky, they put it in an elsewhere story.

When DC tries to force diversity garbage, they leave the original characters intact.

nah

Historically they used to be better. Now they're both crap.

bendis bendis bendis bendis bendis

No, they're both different flavors of shit. Both DC and Marvel used to be good, so read their older comics for the good stuff.

DC makes comics for children

DC avoids politics most of the time.

Marvel replaces all their characters and is nothing but political propaganda. They also have the worst art possible.

It's not hard to figure out.

>Marvel replaces all their characters

Most of them are coming back. Heck, only two guys got replaced. But that is because of Bendis.

Even before the SJW shit ive liked DC better(probably because the first superhero i really loved was batman). The characters are better, they go through darker and more complex themes, and it actually cares about its fanbase unlike marvel. Same the movies are utter shit

Objectively inaccurate.

Idiotic meme-speaking, unintelligently regurgitated

>Same the movies are utter shit
But JL is fine.

List your favorite titles/runs and we'll get to the bottom of it.

(sorry for the blogpost)
I've given this matter a lot of thought over the years. Where I grew up in Europe, 90% of the comics published were Marvel (Spidey, X-Men, Avengers etc.) during my childhood. Only hopped on the DC train in 2008, with Johns' GL and Morrison's Batman, and I haven't looked back ever since.
Yes, they ARE fundamentally different. The main difference IMO is that DC's heroes are much more 'mythical', godlike, larger than life figures, rather than complex human beings (hell, this thing was even emphasized in runs like Morrison's JLA). This is mostly due to the fact that many of them were created before Stan Lee brought a new type of characterisation to comics in the '60s. This manifests in some ways like:
1) generally, DC's heroes are much more powerful
2) the 'legacy' aspect: we've seen literally hundreds, if not thousands of different versions of Superman, Batman, GL, Flash etc (in Elseworlds, possible futures, different universes, or characters inheriting a mantle). This is an important part of passing down 'myths', and again, this has been emphasized in lots of DC stories.
3) as a result, DC characters lend themselves better to out of the world settings, and with grand concepts, like the multiverse, the speed force, fifth dimension etc. This is very subjective, of course, but I'm looking for escapism in comics, big, (not necessarily) dumb fun, that's a major part of why I love them better. (That's not to say I don't enjoy Marvel's more grounded efforts, like Ennis' Punisher, I'm just not as fond of them.)
4) DC's publishing history: if you read their history, look at how long certain comics been published, how the Flash of Two Worlds story came to be, how they brought publishers like Charlton, the core concept of the multiverse and 'myths' have always been in DC's DNA! This logically leads to the fundamental differences explained above.

Nice shitpost. Wanna actually put some thought into your reply or are you content with meaningless insults and buzzwords you see others parrot?

DC comics are good right now. Marvel’s aren’t.

I only hope Marvel will recover under the guidance of it’s new EIC, C B Cebulski.

Almost everything Morrison (including New X-Men), PAD's Young Justice, the 2003-2011 Teen Titans run, Geoff Johns stuff like Infinite Crisis, Emperor Joker, Identity Crisis, Secret Identity, Peter Milligan stuff like his Batman, his Shade and his JL: Classified, the list goes on...

good post man

Stop this fucking nonsense

>Johns writing a cheap cashgrab
>Metal is literately le edgy Snyder on drugs
>King on Batman being autistic
>Jurgens being so fucking terrible on Action Comics
>constant fill-ins for Superman
>Detective Comics is Snyder's gay friend being who can't write
>Supergirl the worst its ever been
>Titans and Teen Titans trash, with no Young Justice in sight

yeah DC is real good

There's something to be said about the way Kirby's creations are handled.

Where in Marvel, they're the foundational pillars and are exposed to the weather of time, but in DC, they're important parts of they mythos, but not as reliant.

There's nothing wrong with liking what you like, user.

>Identity Crisis
Gonna ignore that.
Anyway, could just be coincidence of construing what you listed without a full list to compare, but there seems to be a pattern of appreciating the team dynamic DC works with.
That's par for the course though since most are introduced to DC through Batman or a team like the JL, TT or Legion, so didn't get much from reading the tea leaves.

>Emperor Joker
want to check out the new tpb of this, should I bother?

It was better then homecoming thats for sure

yesssss

That's another thing, with Marvel the teams tend to be more like dysfunctional families.
I'm pretty sure that it's not a recent aspect that half of the Avengers hate the other half.
And that's disregarding X-Men and the Summers family bramble.

Yeah, it's really great. Runs the gamut from trippy and funny, to morose and emotional, to hopeful.

60s - Marvel
70s- Equal
80s - Equal
90s - Equal
00s - Equal
10s - DC

To me DC has always been about the characters making the story, while Marvel seems to be more about the story over the characters. This is why I'm super picky when a character isn't interpreted well in a DC movie as opposed to a marvel one.

Shut up you meme posting tard.

>90s - Equal
Now this is the funniest thing I've see all month.

>Fine
>Movie that's suppose to bring it all together and showcase the Dceu
>just fine
>not great
>not amazing
>not groundbreaking like Avengers
>fine

DC was better in the 90's

Why are rebirthdrones so retarded?

>Avengers
>groundbreaking

You ever hear of new 52 wally west?

Oh come the fuck on. Most of the "powerful" heroes you say in DC Marvel are fucking rife with too. Anytime you just take a glimpse at Marvel on the cosmic scale, your argument falls apart.
Superman too OP for you? Have the NotSuperman who can't die and manipulate the fabric of reality itself with The Sentry and dozen of other NotSupermen by Marvel.
Wonder Woman bracelet too bullshit for you? Have a look at Thor and his multiverse-destroying Odin Force.
Mongol and Darkseid too strong for anyone to handle? Have a look at Galactus whose heralds can manipulate cosmic and matter on a galactic scale.
Doctor Fate too magical for you? Have a look at doctor Starnge who fight Eldritch Beings across multiple dimensions.
Lex and Silvana too smart? Have a look and Reed and Doom, geniuses who can remake the multiverse.
There's so many character to debunk your "analysis" to count. Reading two DC is nowhere near enough to say the malarkey you are spouting. Most powerful DC character are mostly for meta purposes, while Marvel do it just for the wanking.

>while Marvel do it just for the wanking.
And because of this, it feels non effective at all. You mentioned Sentry for example, logically him being so powerful should pit him at the center of most things happening in Marvel, but instead a character like Deadpool who just shoots things and cuts people seems way more important to the universe. Powers in Marvel don't seem to mean as much, no matter how powerful they tell you those powers are.

>90s - Equal
Now that's just plain untrue. I'm guessing you're one of the lucky souls who was born some time in the mid to late nineties and didn't have to subject yourself to the fucking objectively awful time that was Marvel in the 90's.

K

the illuminati only won because of deus ex machina

90s DC fucking curbstomps and Marvel was better in 2000s. DC was also better in 80s.