Im tired of waiting for a good Punisher adaptation. If the suits dont want to do one, I ll do it myself with my money

Im tired of waiting for a good Punisher adaptation. If the suits dont want to do one, I ll do it myself with my money.

Throw me some ideas. Scenes you want to watch. Lets brainstorm the perfect Punisher movie and I see if I can do something about it. Lets try to keep the budget low. Dont come with a satellite blows up a ship with a laser shit. Think about the first Punisher movie in terms of budget.

Anything else is A-ok. Blood, torture, language, sex.

For Frank I will hire the biggest motherfucker I can find at the gym and voice over his oneliners. He should be a silent person anyways. We can have the voice actor narrate stuff like in MAX. Trust me, it will work.

So here we go, I will save all the ideas and make a movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're an idiot.

Why? Instead of complaining like a soygoy in twitter, Im actually doing something about the stuff I dont like and try to create stuff I like. And have fun in the process.

Whats the idiotic part of that?

They did the best they could. Outside of the panels, Frank really can't work. He's rather unique in the realm of comics, not so much movies or tv. Stuff that can be settled with just a narration box, needs to be fleshed out on the screen.

You're trying to design your project via Sup Forums posts. You think dubbing an actor is a good idea. You think you'll manage to avoid getting C&D'd,

>For Frank I will hire the biggest motherfucker I can find at the gym and voice over his oneliners.
Do you really think there's nothing to good physical acting other than being built?

I dont give a fuck about C&D. I will finish the project put up on a torrent and done.

There is no c&d that can make a torrent disappear. Im not a faggot with a patreon "please support than fan movie the punisher".

I think with good lighting (his face mostly covered in shadows) and little to none words I can make it work. I was thinking about the punisher being like a horror monster. A horror movie from the monster's point of view

You're gonna get yourself sued, dude.

Dont worry, I will comply. I will put down the torrent if they ask me to (once people already downloaded it first). I appreciate your concern but thankfully Im good with computers. Blockchain technology gives me the anonymity I need while helping me with the logistics. When they find it, it will be too late.

Really guys? No one wants a particular issue to be adapted? No one has a good Punisher idea?

>For Frank I will hire the biggest motherfucker I can find at the gym
Are you legitimately retarded or are you just unfamiliar with the comics? Frank has faced plenty of big guys like the Russian and Barracuda. He's outclassed physically but beats them through sheer tenacity.

You're gonna get sued before you even finish the project. Unless you plan to not publicise your development at all?

you'll probably get better responses if you just ask people what their ideal, low budget punisher movie looks like without making it seem like you're going to actually make it. if their's one thing Sup Forums hates more than themselves and black people, it's people who want to actually do shit.

Thats the idea. Thats why Im gathering opinions before I go balls deep. Once I start the curtain is down until I finish.

So how are you going to convince anyone to download your home movie then? You need SOME hype.

My ideal would be an anthology film using different directors. Short ones like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Of course he is retarded.
>Wants to make a movie with "scenes people want to see"
>Thinks acting is just how you deliver lines
>Actually believes people are bitting he can make a movie

I kinda miss having 14 and being this bloody naive

I thought that the 2004 movie with Thomas Jane was pretty good. And the "Dirty Laundry" short film he made is fantastic.

This is great but the gore is comical, they went too over the top with the blood sprays.

That Punisher logo at the end is shamefully shitty looking.

Making a movie is easier and cheaper that you would imagine. And by cheap I mean really cheap these days.

I know you guys dont like Zack Snyder, but he recently did a short film with just an iphone and a 30 bucks steadycam. It looks surprisingly cinematic. And it was just Zack, an Iphone and shit he found around his house.

This is why I can certainly say I will make my own fucking fan movie. And this is just the beginning btw. Im making a fan film about the Punisher because its relatively cheap. My next movie after Im done with that will be much bigger in scope.

>Wants to make a movie with "scenes people want to see"
Yes, its kinda the point to make a Punisher movie with scenes Punisher fans want to see.

>Yes, its kinda the point to make a Punisher movie with scenes Punisher fans want to see.
It's funny how "design by committee" is seen as a bad thing when execs do it, but when random fucks on the internet do it, it's somehow a good thing?

Have a spine and some artistic vision.

>If the suits dont want to do one, I ll do it myself with my money.

>forgetting what happened to the last guy to do this

designed by fans > design by commitee

You're forming a committee of fans, effectively.

Design by committee isn't just bad because it's big business on the committee. It's bad because taking ideas from multiple sources and trying to cram them together in one product creates a soulless, disjointed mess.

Adapt any Garth Ennis story, as faithfully as you can. Change /extend / shorten scenes for live action.

Put a fat guy with glasses saying

>I don't believe in what he does. The Punisher just shoots up places. And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap.

So you know nothing about structure, narrative, flow, or storytelling.
You really think a movie is just "scenes people wanna see"

I don't think english have a word for this level of stupidity. Maybe in german?

More like I plan to introduce the scenes or arcs people want to see into a bigger narrative. It wont be a music video, you fucking retard.

And dont try to school me on film making. I am a film maker, you arent.

Sure thing kid, we can tell by the deep insights you have how well educated in the matter you are.

He's just a MAXfag. You shouldn't take his opinions too seriously

>For Frank I will hire the biggest motherfucker I can find at the gym
Dropped.
>and voice over his oneliners
Dropped with extreme disdain.

Like what the fuck? Kill yourself.

Okay. Let's assume for a moment that you're actually being serious and that isn't a trollpost. If you're going to try and bring this in on a budget then you're going to need people willing to donate their time and effort purely for their love of the project i.e. Punisher fans and/or aspiring talent looking to have their work showcased. You're going to need advertisement on social media and hold open castings. If they're not familiar with MAX, don't bother since they won't understand the goals of the project in terms of how you're trying to differentiate from past work.
You're going to need locations to film and find out whether or not you'll need city permits to do it. You'll need costumes, you'll need props. Unless you're a professional cosplayer then you'll either need a tailor or somebody who works in the costume department of a local theater to try and help out. You need to consider the aesthetics and logistics of how you're going to create every scene of the narrative. You can't have huge continuity errors because you wrecked your skull shirt with a blood squib and the actor screwed his lines on your only take.
You're going to have to write it with particular attention to Frank's interior monologues. If it's anything less than what Ennis would be willing to publish then it needs a rewrite. You need to think about equipment, transportation, direction. post-production editing, everything involved in the entire process.
Remember that above all else that The Punisher is an aging Vietnam veteran. And for the love of God, do not fucking use any color filters. You're not Zack Snyder and you're not making Punisher-Noir so don't even think about it.

If you're not prepared to fully commit yourself to every step of this and not do what's required in order to give Punisher fans the Frank that they know, love and deserve then your ambition might as well die with this thread because it's better to have nothing than to create something else bad.

>new punisher series is out on Netflix
Is it good? I want it to be good.

>Frank has faced plenty of big guys like the Russian and Barracuda. He's outclassed physically

Wasn't Punisher about the same size as Barracuda? I know MAX changed artists occasionally, but I generally remember Frank being presented as an absolute brick shithouse of a man.

I think they are close to the same size but barracuda is definitely stronger then frank also who should play him? I was thinking terry crews

Ain't Barracuda 7 feet 400 pounds? Frank's pretty big, but he ain't Barracuda size.