Peter Venkman looks like a proper sleaze in the movie

>Peter Venkman looks like a proper sleaze in the movie
>looks like a complete twink in the cartoon
How did this happen

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/q2mygvx8axopa6r/AAClJ_sMMrlSpZE8whpQnTlOa?dl=0&lst=
web.archive.org/web/20050626074522/https://stuart.iit.edu/students/adamadr/images/rgb/rgb1.htm
ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Take_Two
youtube.com/watch?v=M7VS-ZoeMqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They didn't have the rights to use their likeness.

>twink

...I remember. Someone, way back when...in his fan art, all the ghostbusters were gay and used katanas too. Venkman went into some ghost dimension and learned how to spirit swordsman or something.

They're the real ghostbusters. The movie is based on them and took many liberties

>while gozer and vigo plotted their revenge, venkman studied the blade

If you remove the gayness, it's a really good concept for ghostbusters.

I'm trying to find it but it's probably lost to the ages. Maybe it's for the best.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that, or something very much like it. I think Venkman had long hair? Real weird.

I think. And Winston and Venkman were a pair. Or maybe they were all gay together. I don't know. The artist had created their own universe after the second movie.

That's the plot of Bleach.

>dropbox.com/sh/q2mygvx8axopa6r/AAClJ_sMMrlSpZE8whpQnTlOa?dl=0&lst=
7go of old GB comics published by Marvel UK

I was more concerned by blond Egon.

>GB shonen yaoi AU
I kinda want to see this now.

At least he somewhat resembled the character. The cartoon version of Ray looks like no one, definitely not Akroyd

Didn't Murray and Ramis have some huge issues with allowing their likenesses to be used in a cartoon? Because they would not sign off on the designs the cartoon makers have to change everyone?

>Ernie Hudson wanted to do Winston's voice
>Arsenio Hall gets it for whatever reason

Proto-fujo were all over the RGB fandom back in the day when zines were still a thing. RGB, Highlander, The Sentinel, that shit was the SuperWhoLock of its time.

Burning Knight Raven's House of Anime.

I remember that shit so well. It was the source of the "Real Ghostbusters was an ANIME" campaign that infected all Ghostbusters fansites like a cancer in the late 90s/early 00s, because that artist included Real Ghostbusters on his anime tribute website.

I don't recall the Ghostbusters being gay in his "Ghostbusters Super" fan art and fan fic, though. He even did art of a Ghostbusters/Darkstalkers crossover where Winston hooked up with Felicia. I don't remember the real name of the artist, I just remember that he was black (and thus promoted the hell out of Winston in everything he did). Since black people are notoriously anti-gay, I doubt he would have made any of the characters gay in his fanfic. I think his 90s weeb artstyle just made everyone LOOK gay is all.

>Burning Knight Raven's House of Anime.

Every single solitary trace of that website has been completely purged from the internet record. There is no way to prove it ever existed.

But I remember liking it so much when I was a stupid teenager with bad taste. I remember there was an "anime character singles ads" page. Fake write-ups of singles/dating ads for various anime characters, like the cast of Tenchi Muyo or Urusei Yatsura. I remember using it to choose which Tenchi girl was the perfect fit for me (Tenchi being new on Toonami at the time).

Everything about that era of the internet and anime fandom was embarrassing. It's for the best that such sites are lost forever.

>Ernie Hudson went had to fucking audition for cartoon Winston
>Arseino Hall gets his own fucking TV show and leaves the series
>they still don't hire Hudson

ALL THE GUY WANTS IS A FUCKING JOB

What's even weirder is the REASON they decided not to hire Hudson (who also had a voice acting resume at the time, having played Cyborg on Superfriends).

Columbia had told DiC that there can be no likeness similarities between the cartoon incarnations and the actors who played them in the movies, both in terms of appearance and voice. So even though the guy who played Winston in the movie wanted to reprise the part for the show, Columbia's decree meant they couldn't hire him because then cartoon Winston would sound like movie Winston.

Hollywood bureaucracy is wacky.

>Every single solitary trace of that website has been completely purged from the internet record.
It has snapshots on wayback.

web.archive.org/web/20050626074522/https://stuart.iit.edu/students/adamadr/images/rgb/rgb1.htm

>It has snapshots on wayback.

Oh god, thank you. It's even more terrible than I remember.

>I thought this was cool when I was a 14 year-old in 1999

>Adrian "Burning Knight Raven" Adams

Wonder whatever happened to his brutha. Did he die in the ghetto before moving to Japan to make anime with Miyazaki?

>you now realize that Garfield's VA voiced a Bill Murray character, then Bill Murray went on to voice Garfield.

This is the last one that works. Jeez, what a humiliating walk down memory lane.

>But I remember liking it so much when I was a stupid teenager with bad taste. I remember there was an "anime character singles ads" page. Fake write-ups of singles/dating ads for various anime characters, like the cast of Tenchi Muyo or Urusei Yatsura. I remember using it to choose which Tenchi girl was the perfect fit for me (Tenchi being new on Toonami at the time).

The site you're thinking of was called "Anime Marriage Prospects". It wasn't part of that dude's Ghostbusters site, but was a separate site he linked to on his page, which is probably how you found it in the first place.

It was sad and creepy.

>It was sad and creepy.
The more things change.

Wasn't this Murray's doing and not so much Columbia?

underrated post

>It was sad and creepy.

As bad as this art objectively is, it was considered on the "Good" end of internet fanart in 1998. We're so used to having professional level, high quality fanart churned out on a daily basis now, but in the 90s there was a fraction of the quantity and 99% of it was MS paint-tier. When we got something like THIS it seemed 10/10 by comparison to the company it kept.

>Wasn't this Murray's doing and not so much Columbia?

The Time/Life DVDs kinda explained everything in interviews. Murray was the main reason Columbia had the no-likenesses mandate, because they were afraid he'd sue them since they didn't have his likeness rights, but they were jumping the gun. Murray actually complained that Peter DIDN'T sound like him, which is why they recast with Dave Coulier in the second season, since his Bill Murray impression was a famous part of his standup act.

Ray being made skinny in season 2 was also a change made to appease Dan Aykroyd. He complained about Ray being fat in an interview that was done for a Real Ghostbusters documentary in the UK. He likely brought the complaint to Columbia/DiC and that's why they slimmed Ray down in season 2.

In the DVD interview, Maurice Lamarche talked about the no-likeness mandate. They initially made him audition for Egon by using his Woody Allen impression, but everyone agreed it wasn't working. He then did a Harold Ramis impression and everyone loved it enough that they decided to go with it regardless of the mandate.

Meanwhile, poor Ernie got the shaft.

I get some crazy early 00s internet fanart from this.
Can somebody explain why it feels that way? it is the resolution or something else?

Why is Venkman dressed like Cloud?

>Can somebody explain why it feels that way?

It's kinda hard to explain why a lot of art of a certain era has an aesthetic similarity to it that cannot be recaptured outside of that era without feeling forced and insincere. There's a sort of collective unconscious that's perpetually contemporary but always evolving and so everyone at the same time subconsciously creates work that has elements similar to everyone else. And as that aesthetic evolves, elements are shed until eventually things look totally different.

Late 90s internet faux anime fanart all looks the way it does because it was late 90s internet faux anime fanart. That's all there is to it.

there is a date on each page and they are all around 96-97. the style is very similar to anime from the 90s before 90% of Anime adhered to the Moe style.

THAT'S a twink by your standards? He looks like he could steal your cartoon wife.

It's the obvious lack of any digital. This was drawn on (shitty printer) paper with a cheap mechanical pencil and scanned in as is. Photoshop and other digital art software weren't in common use at all back then.

Aside from that, the sharply angled "anime style" art was the fan-style du jour back then, along with Takahashi derivatives. It's all very Anime Turnpike.

>Anime Turnpike

Oh god. You gave me a PTSD flashback.

This, did no one remember the episode?

ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Take_Two

I wished they would've referenced it in the Ghostbusters/Real Ghostbusters comic, but I guess the RGB just tried to put that movie out of their minds.

Fucking top tier cartoon intro, up there with X-MEN TAS and Batman TAS

youtube.com/watch?v=M7VS-ZoeMqs

What do you think happened the artist?.

Well, he was black, so he probably got shot by a cop.