Thanos #13 Storytime

I mean, Ultron winning is much more of a likely and terrifying prospect. But neat page.

I liked this. Based Cates is saving Marvel

Herald Ghost Rider
Ok, I'm on board.

God trips of truth
>all praise based Cates

I really hate that alonso's final nail in the coffin is some sort of infinity event
why not scale back & have it work like standoff?

kinda cool

this was really fun

We need more cosmic Ghost Rider.

This is a book I keep forgetting even exists.

I've only seen like 5 storytimes and from what I can tell it seems good, but man it's hard when I keep seeing only one out of every 2 or 3 issues.

Sooo... this Ghost Rider is future Deadpool?

As a ghost Rider fan I've always wanted to see a ghost Rider thanos fight. This was amazing.

i'm fucking pump....

Oxymoron: The Page

We all need more cosmic ghost rider herald of mortis galactus

Lemire's run was pretty fucking boring honestly. The powerless Thanos issue was alright and the god quarry was a neat idea but was totally wasted. Don't like how Death has been written since Aaron either. Tryco was pretty fun I guess. Oh, and Deodato's "art" kills the first half. To me whole thing just seemed like an excuse to shelve Thane for the foreseeable future.

But YMMV, I didn't hate it or anything.

That's what I'm assuming. He sounds like Deadpool and the narrator said we know him by a different name so he's presumably someone that's currently alive on Earth.

>Thanos is capable of growing a beard
Huh.

You'd think that with all of the problems his heralds bring, that the last thing that Galactus would do is make one out of something that's already pretty powerful.

Well he is an eternal, and they're pretty much just cosmically powered up humans.

Yeah, but he has deviant syndrome and I've never seen a bearded deviant.

I rally hate this retcon.

Warlord Kro has a beard.

well shit

Just like my Marvel movies.

>Time Stone
>Time Gem
So, it's a stone or a gem?

Fuck this retcon, Thanos isn't into torture, he just wants to kill. Which is why bombing his mom with a bunch of literal whos is more powerful than shitty lingerie torturefest.

this comic is, like, a little sexist

where da strong womyn at?

Not bad...

I think it originally was that way but the fucker had to turn it into an event.

Honestly I am more interested on the Raptor and Nova story than the Infinity stones one, hopefully GotG comes back with Duggan still writing it.

Blame Aaron.

Good art, nice book. Want more cosmic ghost rider.

It's a Gemstone.

That shit is good

>However, there is something inside of these champions that you do not know.
>a secret truth....that someday, despite their strength and their courage...everyone...and everything...will die.
Alas, I'm fairly sure Hickman drove that point into the mantle and it's well known now.

Curious too, since while a white beard is an easy shorthand for aging, it now complicates things by implying he shaves and must do so often offscreen.

As many signs of slight synergy there are, I honestly can't dislike this.
The early self-important drumming and Thanos' literally aimless search for slaughter seemed a bit lowbrow but I suppose something was needed to set the stage.
Afterwards though things picked up in an interesting direction. I also like the really clean panels. Good composition, good angles, good flow. Dialogue and narration a little lacking like I said, but not deal breaking and things are just getting started so once the story starts and main characters are introduced things might change gears. I also appreciate the reference and merging of concepts without corrupting them, Cyttorak Bone Hellfire Chains, Spirit Herald of Vengeance.

Reference to this shit I could do without, though.

How come this Thanos has such a tiny head when compared to the rest of his body? He looks like an orangutan.

>Chitauri
Is this just to pander to people who saw the movies?

Best case scenario: GotG goes the way of Annihilation with a number of consistently written minis forming a singular narrative.

Worst case:
Everyone pulled in for Relaunch version X

No One has balls, he kept talking in a situation where I'd have just kept quiet.

I did not see this coming.

Jesus Christ I need to go actually buy this series now.

Thanos is the ultimate beta orbiter nice guy though.

fuck, I might have to buy my first Marvel comic in years

This issue had a Ghost Rider Herald of Galactus FROM THE FUTURE and nobody cares.
This makes me sad.