The last game you played now has a cartoon adaptation

>the last game you played now has a cartoon adaptation

what happens and who would be the best cartoonist/artist to work on the show ?

butch hartman

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-depp-co-produce-the-secret-world-tv-series-video-game-secret-world-legends-1202148581/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's cartoony already so the guys who designed it should work on it.

>Butch Hartman writes a post-apocalyptic 1950s style world
I'd watch it

Jokes on you OP, last game I played was FO4.
Ralph Bakshi

Uhh Genndy Tarkovsky?

Idunno he made ARC Troopers operator as fuck so I guess give him Operators the cartoon

Yes please

>Shadow of Mordor
Ralph Bakshi I guess, since he made all of those LotR movies.

>The Secret World

I don't know about the lead artist, I would lean towards Genndy Tartakovsky though, just because part of TSW is that the protagonist (player character) is practically mute, and while the game reinforces that you are not special, the low population servers always give an eerie ambiance of isolation and loneliness.

Genndy just wouldn't be allowed to write. I'd try to hire the game's original writer for that.

I think I'd set it up in arcs/seasons based on region region and the first three locations (new england, egypt, transylvania) each focusing on a protagonist from a different faction before they all unite in Tokyo.

>The dragon is the terrified newbie who is sent to Solomon Island, gets a lot of things explained to him because the Dragon won't tell him shit
>The Illuminati is an adventurous, improvising heroine of Egypt who is slowly broken down by the tragedy of the sentinels
>The Templar is a silent and terrifying androgynous actually a chick, you just can't tell under all the gear and they don't really act on it monster slayer in transylvania who ends up making you feel for the badguys because they do horrible shit in the name of avenging anyone they've harmed.

Possibly switch up the protags of DLC stories. (Tyler Freeborn, Last Train, Dream to Kill)

Can never be made right, even if all the voice actors and plot were kept. Someone would intervene and censor it.

Probably Genndy Tartakovsky. Having the marked one walk around from camp to camp helping out would a pretty great cartoon.

>Solitaire
I don't know, you tell me.

Satoshi Kon

>three people want Genndy

I guess even some of season five still worked out.

You know, I bet he really could have made some great mindfuck of a movie out of it.

Michael Bay

It's a history of a small town racer turned champion who uses various Porsche models throughout his career.

I seriously don't know who I should pick for a cartoonist.

Dexter didn't have waifu bait, if that's what you're suggesting.

The last game I played was the Nintendo badge catcher?
I guess it could work as a workplace comedy/surreal
J. G. Quintel produces this tale of a anthro bunny who is the only employee at a claw machine arcade...

Yeah you probably have to go to japan and grab a Lupin III cartoonist or someone from IGPX.

>chrono trigger
anyone other than toriyama would be sacrilege.

>Fallout 4
Probably in the style of Fleischer's Superman

Easily Richard Williams.
He would make it a masterpiece worth displaying in museums.

>Crusader Kings 2
Game of Thrones done right with tons of intrigue and political maneuvering just without all the fucking side characters.Focused on just the Carolingians, Abbasids, Ummayads, Greeks, and Norsemen.

If they really want to go with an unhistorically accurate route the game playthroughs are known for: a Zoroastrian upstart looking to free Persia from the Muslims, an Afghani follower of the sun looking to conquer the land to the east(India, Tibet, and motherfucking China) before conquering the lands of the setting sun, a slavic chieftess embarks on a campaign to conquer Ruthenia and the region of Rus, some viking in frozen ass Norway decides to unite his faith and conquer all of Scandinavia along with bits of Britain and Ireland, a Christian Visgothic lord hiding his true faith from his new Muslim Berber overlords, a Jewish Ethiopian seeking to reclaim the holy land, a Nestorian merchant republic setting up trade with the Muslim Abbasids, and a Mansa rising up in Mali seeking loot from the Muslims to the north.

>warioware smooth moves
Yes please.

Oh god my dick

>Warframe
I can dig it, Genndy unironically
>I've made sacrifices! Tenno... are you ready for a sacrifice?!

Considering I just played Kaiserreich, I don't think I need a political cartoonist.

>Fallout 4

Harem anime, obviously.

Monster Musume, but replace the monster girls with ghouls. (and synths)

>Persona 5

Now, if this is for just the game itself, I would say that JG Quintel could get a lot of its content past the censors as well as keeping all the trippy elements going on.

If it's the franchise itself, I would actually like to see Walt Disney imagine the psychological mindfucks ijn that show.

>New Vegas

...Disney. I want Disney to make it. And not just Disney, I want the classic team from Bambi, Snow White and all that to work on it.

those people are probably all dead now

OP never said that they couldnt be dead. This user gets it.

If we're doing studios then I would love to see Laika's take on Battleborn.

The last game I played was TF2

Don Bluth.

borderlands 2

Tex Avery.

do i get his wii u too?

>Dark Souls III
Horror series with either adventure or monster-of-the-week story for each episode, depending on where the Champion of Ash is on his journey. Screenplay by Don Hertzfeldt, animation by Makoto Shinkai (his hyper-realistic animation would suit Dark Souls nicely).

>titanfall
Put down another one for Genndy. All the Genndy responses make me wonder, what other good action cartoonists are there? Timm?
I would watch these.

>Aurora 4x

Dan Bricklin, of course.

>killing floor 2 by Brian Bolland
Could be neat?

I think Timm works more for overarching plots, whereas these games lend themselves to self contained stories. Timm would probably be good on something like metal gear.

Oh, fuck yes. I can't think of a game I'd like to see adapted more (except for Fallout).
The world and atmosphere of this game is the best part anyway. I dunno who would be a good artist to portray this, though.

Fallout 1 would work great adapted because it's short and concise.
Although, Fallout 2 as a goofy adventure, with some seriousness thrown into it would be interesting. I want to see a butch hartmann super mutant.

As for last game I played, Morrowind.
Would have maybe said Genndy, but I'm not sure anymore.

couldn't believe it was a buck fifty on GOG until I found out it was free somewhere else
But this would only work as a Heavy Metal style movie or short series rather than something with seasons.

Do I have some good news for you:

deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-depp-co-produce-the-secret-world-tv-series-video-game-secret-world-legends-1202148581/

>I think Timm works more for overarching plots.

That could work for Morrowind. Hmm, I might go towards Timm more if so. I bet the Akulakhan reveal would be amazing.

This would work great as a series of dialogue-free 5 minute shorts.

South Park The Fractured But Whole

Sounds like a show I could consistently enjoy for decades. Get Matt Stone and Trey Parker to work on it, but try not to get too preachy and up their own ass with messages

I think for this to work they'd have to shift gears from being a farcical love letter to 90s edge and vidya to being a farcical love letter to 80s and 90s edge and anime.

unadaptable

>Killer is Dead
no idea honestly