Christopher Priest

Name a better writer working for DC at the moment. You LITERALLY cannot.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-one-history/
comicsbulletin.com/158380-2/
comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-three-rebuttals/
comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-four-way-forward/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gene Yang is pretty solid.

New Super-Man has been kind of meh recently though, about since. I'm hoping the relaunch will reinvigorate the series

I'm honestly surprised that Sup Forums likes him so much considering he is, you know, black

>it's another "every board is Sup Forums" post

I'm pretty sure that most people on Sup Forums don't care about race

Geoff jonhs, Scott Snyder

hello mr priest
can you include me on the recap page of deathstroke? I'll take jl too

Every board on Sup Forums has pretty much become the same user.

Looking forward to his Justice League so much!

This guy

YOU CANT BEND THE BENDIS

(You)

he's only an actual recognized genius of comic book making

He's been writing for a long time and he hasn't lost his touch. I don't know if I'd say the best but I'm not sure who I'd put above him.

Yang and Way are both quite good.

He definitely is one of the few veteran comic pros in the business who hasn't lost any talent with age

Tom King. Is Morrison still working there? If so him.

Sup Forums is one of the more liberal boards on Sup Forums outside of Sup Forums threads. By liberal I mean less of a "lolniggers" circlejerk, pretty sure most people here still lean right

yeah, good call

being racist has nothing to do with political ideology, and all of that has nothing to do with whether a comic is well made

Morrison is writing Wonder Woman Earth One vol2 and an issue if Metal iirc

and hopefully AC 1000

Eh. I love King but his Batman run really holds him back from best writer status.

I understand since his Batman is shit but the last thing I read from Priest I liked as much as Omega Men or Miracle Man was Black Panther and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Priestroke is amazing, but I think at that point it will come down to personal taste. They're both good.

And Batman Arkham Asylum 2, which despite the name is not a sequel to A Serious House on Serious Earth, but a sequel to Batman #666

And Multiversity Too

Every picture of Christopher Priest looks he's ready to give young black dudes life advice.

he's literally a priest so I'm sure he did a not insignificant amount of that

Maybe for his creator owned works, but his New Super-man hasn't been that good. Shadow hero and his work for DC doesn't make him out to be a good superhero writer.

His Mr Miracle is spinning it's own wheel too, after a great first issue. It hasn't connected with me like Vision or Omega men.

He's top 3 for me along with Morrison and Yang

There's something to be said about performing under pressure, on his good books he had no idea if he'd get the full runs and no guarantee of the next project but now he has job security and as much space as he wants. Some people just need the stress to be at their best.

>but his New Super-man hasn't been that good

Care to elaborate? His New Super-man has been consistently entertaining.

>96995407
i don't even respect that opinion

I wanna say Tom King, but for all his great highs, sometimes his stuff leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Mainly his Batman.

I usually always enjoy Priest's stuff. He's very consistently good, except for maybe the last couple arcs of his Power Man and Iron Fist run.

He has the most unique and fun take on the universe as a whole, not just the characters he's writing at the time. As much fun as Deathstroke is, Priest has built up an amazingly fleshed out and what feels like a lived in DC universe that's just damn fun to read about, at times even more than Slade. Im really looking forward to his JL run. I hope he's on it for a long long time, I think it will give him a chance to really flex his strengths as a writer, like how Deathstroke has gotten better as the earlier side characters and plot points built up across this moderately long run.

Gerard Way

To me, it comes off as just another teenage superhero team book. It has also not been as good as it was, after the second arc.

I'd agree, if only he could keep to a monthly schedule. I don't feel like rereading doom patrol every time a new issue comes out

Vision is melodramatic trash.

what else would you recommend by him?

Mate, even with characters like Miles and Riri the main criticism isn't their race. It's their lack of character and good writing. We get some people in here REEEing once in a while but if you ignore the kangz memes and actually read posts you'll see most of Sup Forums doesn't give a shit. Sup Forums just wants good comics and cartoons and Priest does some fine work.

Black Panther. Vol 3 if I remember right. Begins in 1998
Priests run of BP is one of if not the best. He managed to make the character far more nuanced and interesting than pretty much anyone else. For bonus points, follow it up with Hudlin. Seeing the difference between how they treat BP and Wakanda is incredible.

He's what????

Ellis is up there.

Ellis is awful.

You're awful.

Outside of a few spergs you get from Sup Forums that are like "NIGGERS BBC BULL KEK SOYBOYS REEEEEEEE", few people here give a fuck. If the stories are good, that's all that matters. You might get some memes like kangz posting, but outside of easily triggered fuckboys that pretend they aren't, it's a non-issue.

You see, this cat Priest is a bad mother--

shut your mouth

No.

Yes

>Doom Patrol Gerard Way is the same Gerard Way that was the lead singer of My Chemical Romance

It fucking blew my mind when I learned that

>just another teenage superhero team book.

That's kinda why its good, though. Its solid and consistent.

Rebirth Scott Lobdell.

King's Batman sucks.

>this is what Red Hood fans actually believe

Because it's the truth.

just talkin about Priest, baby!

No, it really isn't.

Why is there still talented people working for those 2 unethical corporations?

comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-one-history/

comicsbulletin.com/158380-2/

comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-three-rebuttals/

comicsbulletin.com/case-doomsday-clock-part-four-way-forward/

Nigga must had landed in the high part of the bell curve.

Yes, it really is.

He's also involved in Sideways.

And the lead singer of Say Anything is writing Moon Knight. The real funny thing is he mostly does meta stuff too.

i wouldn't put Peter David above him but they're on the same in my opinion

Priest is chill
He fucking hates anti white stuff in black entertainment because of how hypocritical it is

And I thought this guy was writing Deathstroke.

King is garbage. His Batman is shit.

>When you hate whitey but they still like you because you call niggers stupid

Why do white people buy into this shit so easily? He's as black supremacist as Spike Lee.

Who cares. He writes a good Deathstroke

Never heard of him, probably just a bunch of SJW diversity bullshit. Let me guess, he writes black captain America?

>he writes black captain America?
>Name a better writer working for DC at the moment.
come on son

He’s not SJW. He writes Deathstroke right now.

>bane?

Begone casual.

He's a Baptist minister and a member of the NRA. He also sings gospel music, edited Spider-Man during The Death of Gwen Stacy, got PAD his start as a writer, and quit comics for a decade because he was pissed that the big two only ever offered him black characters to write.
But you already know all this, don't you Jim?

> going for easy bait
c'mon, what the hell.
Stop getting baited and triggered.

nobody likes secondaries user

Good goy

I just like listing facts about people. Did you know that Rick Remender was an animator on The Iron Giant and draws punk album covers?

I sincerely hope you're baiting, or you just have awful taste

End yourself

@OP
You literally cannot.

Nah he's not. He said if he ever left his first wife he'd become a priest. Except he loophole'd that shot when they did and changed his last name to Priest, he's not actually a priest

Isn't he schizo/BP as well?

I sincerely hope YOU'RE baiting, or you just have awful taste

Age of Apocalypse is the best event ever made and Generation X the best teen book

Oh so he made Deathstroke a monkey? The absolute state of diversity in DC

> 2017
> Not being part of the Monkey Master Race

He’s not retarded or unable to function in society like other blacks. He’s cool by me

Yeah. He wrote the recent Foolkiller mini which dealt with those themes a lot too.
But he is a minister.

>member of the NRA
...the NRA admits non-whites?

I hope I don't get banned or derail the thread with this, but I'm too lazy to crop out the top half to make it less political.

>the NRA resorts to tokenism
>Huff doesn't

Really? I love the Iron Giant.

Tom Selick?

What a handsome man.

He's a better artist than writer.

That's Priest? I thought he would be older
maybe that's why the NRA are so evil, because of diversity.

>leftshit finally admits the only reason to include non-whites and females is for tokenism

Black don't crack.