Should Lois Lane become a heroine? People seem to like RYVs Mary Jane being an occasional hero...

Should Lois Lane become a heroine? People seem to like RYVs Mary Jane being an occasional hero, but it makes more sense for Lois if you think about it. She's constantly running into danger, takes no bullshit, and seems like the kind of person who wouldn't stand by while her boys go into hell alone. She's currently undergoing training with Granny Goodness, how about she become Metropolis's new heroine, "The Fury".

Fuck no, she should be at home baking cookies.

Wrong, we need a Daily Planet ongoing with her as the lead

DC editorial is retarded for turning it down. No creativity in our cape comics, right?

No. I'm actually tired of "the girlfriend" getting powers and undercutting the hero. Not everybody needs to be a superhero.

Lois Lane, MJ, and Jame Foster etc are perfectly fine how they are and if written properly play a critical role in stories.

Stop undervaluing the roles they play. There's a reason it exists, and a reason why their stories last so long.

This. The fact that DC had the audacity to have her DRIVE the RV in that one issue of Superman just proves that they're still pandering to SJWs.

Yeah. Find a writer who knows their way around journalism and have them write a Daily Planet comic.

But Lois actually makes a hell of a lot more sense than those 2 to have a character progression like this. I mean I'm completely fine if Lois remains as is, but given her character and history it wouldn't be that far outside the realm of possibility. Mary Jane is boring as fuck, and Jane is a mentally ill attention Whor who pretends to fight cancer.

>David Simon writes the Daily Planet comic
>The Wire: Metropolis edition

No. She doesn't. Lois is fine as is.

This. remember when Jimmy had a backup? just complement that with Lois and the rest of planet staff stories in a rotating episodic fashion and you have a nice (superhero) slice of life comic.

Bitch all you want but no one wants to buy that shit and the poor creators will lose fuck load of money.

This. Fuck needing cape stories all the time.Give me comfy slice of life. Even if it's a mini

>mouthbreathers don't want to buy that shit

FTFY

So a mom who will constantly get into danger and occasionally hit a bad guy in the nuts as a momentary distraction?

I think it could do as a web exclusive comic. I don't see the average floppy buying crowd going in for that kind of thing. If Lois and Clark had an audience in the 90s then I can see a similar comic doing well today

She's fine how she is.

You didn't answer the question

Right. Niggas ain't paying attention, most folks ain't trying to see all this warrior woman shit from characters that's not warriors.

Today’s audiences aren’t the same as the 90s. Lois doesn’t have nowhere near the amount of waifufags to buy her comics and Jeff off to her.

Lois was kicking ass and taking names in the Golden Age, from the very first issue of Action Comics to her portrayals in the Fleischer Studios theatrical shorts.

It was just the post war putting women back in the home and other similar things in and around that time frame that pushed her into the role of Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane - where it seemed her biggest goal was marrying Superman and trying to discover that Clark was Supes.

That all said, becoming an actual hero, with costume and name, is unnecessary. She can be, and very much is, BAMF Lois in numerous other ways. An limited series, 6 or 12 issues, based on her being a top reporter that only minimally featured Superman as Superman, but was based in the Daily Planet so had that supporting cast, including Clark Kent, and also her son and husband for any home scenes, would be a good idea that with the right artist and writer, could be a good success for DC.

Nigga, that's my answer. However she is IT'S FINE HOW SHE IS.

I think that it undercuts the ladies more than the men.

The writers aren't able (or interested) in telling compelling stories with them in their own elements, so they're just changed to more easily line up with what their love interests are doing.

What I literally just described was how Lois is right now.

>Should Lois Lane become a heroine?

No.

She's already a heroine. She just doesn't run around in a costume.

>become
Nigga, I don't think you realize how based Lois already is.

Fuck that. Just let her be a goddamn reporter getting the hot scoop on the various happenings of the DCU.

I'm sick of the obsession everyone seems to have with putting literally every character in a costume, as if characters who aren't superheroes have no value. Lois Lane is already somewhat feared by any sensible villain, because her mere presence means their operation is GOING to be exposed. Barbara Gordon used to be a mover and shaker in the DCU, wielding true power; influence, control, capital. But apparently, none of that shit is good enough because it's not fighting. That's all comics are, right? Nothing but fight scenes. Everything that's not a fight scene is a waste of time.

Supporting casts in comics have become an endangered species, and it's fucking disgusting.

She always was a heroine, it’s just that when you’re a pulp heroine standing next to the biggest superhero of them all it’s not really obvious.

...the guy who might have to pop the door and fly off at any time should be driving?

>pulp heroine
Am I the only one who misses pulp? It has such a simple charm to it.