Champions thread

I wonder what is the champions doing right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LjISYguceAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last I checked Viv became a REAL HUMAN BEAN and the rest of them are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses.

It was kind of interesting that she was locking away trauma memories of her mother and brother.

They're gangraping Kamala Khan and Viv.

We can be certain that Sam is suffering somehow.

Is that picture of Kamala traced?
It looks familiar.

Moon Knight did it first and did it better.

Probably not much.

I just notice the yellow thing on his neck keep on disappearing.

blaming white men for all their problems while making the country a worse place to life in like all gigantic assholes.
typical racist, sexist stuff

Consistent costume design in the same arc you are asking for too much.
They went to Vegas to save people but spent so much time virtue signaling they saved no one. But in the end it was ok because Been and Kaine had saved a bunch a people there instead.

This team sucks, why Marvel can't create a superhero team without Stan Lee help?

so does Champions exist in it's own universe? I don't remember anything from that comic influencing Willow Wilson's work on Ms Marvel

Cho was unneeded.
Viv was okay.
Scott was a great team leader.

I think the problem is there are too many characters.

sjw marvel can´t do anything write since all they care about is pushing leftwing propaganda and ruining things that white men might like

I think Wilson just completely gave up after CWII.
After being pulled this way and that, trying to bend over backwards to fit others continuity without anyone trying to fit hers? She probably just writes her book now and keeps her head down.

Is also sad that his solo series has been great but nobody is reading it.

That's always the case, but it also means that he's only of the only titles that you can safely presume won't be interrupted by events and stuff because of that. That kinda obscure zone is really the ideal place to be.

I gave up on Ms. Marvel when the whole world ended due to the incursions. It really seemed to just interrupt what was some good stories. (and some not that great ones)

Maybe the Grandmaster kidnapped them and forced them to partake in the Contest of Champions.

It got worse around CWII, because it was obvious CWII was a last minute thing and it just fucked over what anyone was trying to do.
It's starting to pick up now, but the fanbase has already been gutted.

So I heard Sam and Kamala got together. That true?

Nah, but she getting friendly towards him.

Yeah, I feel bad about dropping it because I'd like to support good comics, but Big Events interrupting plots just kills me every time.

Dude, Champions is better than Runaways, Young Avengers and Teen Titans!

youtube.com/watch?v=LjISYguceAA

>Young Avengers and Teen Titans!
Those two did get really shit at points.

You mean in the current arc or, like, theoretically what they would be doing right now? Because for the former, they're on Counter-Earth with the Avengers trying to stop the High Evolutionary from crashing Counter-Earth into Earth, while Viv got turned into a REAL GIRL and will almost surely die by the end of the arc.

But they're probably at home for Thanksgiving right now.

Kamala is being lewd.

>Tfw no thankgiving comic.

>tfw no Freelancers Christmas special

Does this comic still exist?

This is a fucking great lineup abd name marred by terrible writing.

Please, PLEASE get these innocent lambs away from Waid.

Not getting cancelled, which is a bummer

Al Ewing resolving the Infinity War quickly was a big fuck you to Marvel events slogging on and interrupting other storylines.

>Marvel.com: You’ve teased a death in this series…any word on what’s to come?

Tom Brevoort: Yeah, we kill somebody. It’s very sad! We’re monsters.

>Marvel.com: Who takes the casualty the hardest?

Tom Brevoort: I think maybe artist Humberto Ramos took it the hardest—he’s the one that had to draw it! But the person it affects the most isn’t on the team; it’s one of the Avengers.

>Marvel.com: What’s emerged as your personal favorite moment in this crossover story?

Tom Brevoort: I don’t think that moment has happened yet…so I’m going to have to play things coy, but I did think that Viv’s transformation was a pretty compelling and shocking turn of events!

>Marvel.com: Last question: how would you try to keep two planets from colliding?

Tom Brevoort: I wouldn’t. Let them burn. LET THEM ALL BURNNNN!

it is basically marvel version of teen titans.

Thanksgiving is an evil racist result of the white misogynistic patriarchy

calm down user.

Given the way Champions is written, it will be about protesting Thanksgiving because of injun genocide

Speaking of which, why is she brown and not pink ?

Fuckin hell man, you know why. There's no in-comic reason. They just wanted to make her brown.

Probably intended to be a blend of all the world's ethnicities.

I mean if she came out Asian or white blond girl. I would judge her.

That makes it even more obvious it's Viv that's dying.

Alright Sup Forums, let's say you Marvel left you in charge of making a champions team.

Who do you put on the team? And who writes it?

No just creating previous teams like New Warriors or Young avengers, that's cheating.

all three of those are terrible so reluctantly I agree

Finesee, Hazmat, Alpha, Gravity, Singularity, Nova, Thunderstrike and Troll

give to Gage, McKeever, Loveness, PAD or Hastings

might as well, don't seem like anyone on the team gives a shit about it in their own books

I can get on board with most of those, but why the hell would you include Alpha?

dont insult Teen Titans pls

>Marvel makes legacy character black
They're fucking with history! Why can't those hacks just make a new black superhero?
>Marvel makes a new black superhero
Why is she black? Fucking Marvel. Fucking liberals. Boo hoo hoo.

can kamala make her brown pussy stretch extra big too?
could she pussy vore somebody?
you know just for fun h-ha ha
asking for a friend

Spider-girl
Hope
Nova.
Patroit (old or new whatever)
Green Falcon.

Well, it is a shitty team now.

>when are to retarded to read and defend garbage

The team isn't bad it's the stories and dialogue that suck. What should be fun adventures with teen heroes is instead half assed politics. The dialogue is written by someone who I doubt has actually interacted with a young person. Having Viv turn off her emotions to just be the team's computeris just lazy and comes across as a way to not have her deal with losing half her family, at most the whole shutting down emotions should have been just an arc. Kamala is Lisa Simpson, Cho is a jock, and Miles is just there.

So everyone's out of character except for Miles, then?

Yeah, though I can't speak for Cyclops or Nova since I avoided X-Men comics like the plague and the only Nova comic I read with Sam was series where Rich came back. Though Sam just seems to be there too. Also during Secret Empire Waid decided to have Miles team up with Riri and the new Patriot, it's not done well at all.

You know, if you were to parody The Champions, you wouldn't need to make them twisted parodies of themselves. Because that's just the Freelancers.

Best way to parody them is to depict them EXACTLY how they are in the original CHampions comic. THAT'S how badly written they are.

If you want to know why some people on Sup Forums hate Kamala, Champions is HALF the reason why.

How's she black? There was no dna from any character which went into vision who was black so why is she?

Maybe it was what was stated in the post you quoted. She may have what the High Evolutionary considers the ultimate genetic structure (this week).

i dont think any dna is in vision

>Token cis white straight mutant coming through!

That's why we put the DNA in her, user.

Isn't scott summer the leader of the group? Or it is ms. marvel?

Ms marvel, for some reason, although I prefer him here over X men blue

Cause the subtext/metaphor of The Vision wasn't obvious enough for Mark Waid.

Wtf is that cover? Kamala & the Crew?

>Ms marvel, for some reason, although I prefer him here over X men blue

I can see ms. marvel being a leader. She actually the most social one and is more of a hero than miles and nova.

That cover makes ms marvel look very unlikable. She's literally looking down her nose disdainfully at the reader.

The founding members that Marvel foolishly believes were ever popular

I just can't take series as part of its characters stories.

All of them are out their characters.
A specially Kamala, I think Wilson always crying when new issue comes out

If they were clever, they would have made her a native american.

Alex Ross portrayed her accurately. She’s a stuck up bitch.

But she isn't.
Please stop bulling her ;_;

Sorry but your waifu a SHIIIIIIIIT

Oh shoot you're right
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SO INCOMPETENT?

But you are my waifu...

That could be what they were going for but the colorist messed up the skintone. Dani Moonstar rarely has consistent skin tone and some colorists have her looking pretty dark.

I mean she does get mad at things when things don't get her way.

I fucking wish Nova had done good, he is languishing im Champions hell and Dick Rider has to play second fiddle to the Guardians.

Maybe with Eve Bakian introduced they can try again but what writer can do Cosmic epic stories at Marvek? Hopefully Cebulski gets better talent.

Lol no.

When is Brevoort going to get fired?

never

To be honest, most readers probably wouldn't be able to tell.

I really love ms.marvel.

>They went to Vegas to save people but spent so much time virtue signaling they saved no one. But in the end it was ok because Been and Kaine had saved a bunch a people there instead.

That issue was hilarious. They went around searching the city making a big deal about how no one seemingly survived and only managed to find one person alive, a baby.

Yet in Scarlet Spider, while the city took heavy damage, most people were shown surviving. I like to think that the Champions were just so incompetent in trying to help that they failed to notice the buildings that actually had people in them.

I like the protector of Pittsburgh