No TV characters

>No TV characters

Are there people who still believe Marvel TV is canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/abc-wanted-to-cancel-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-after-season-4-but-disney-refused/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Marvel TV
>Iron fist,Inhumans,Defenders and Punisher
>canon
After 4 failures in a row I doubt they will invest anymore on the series universe, much less making them part of a billionaire project

What about Agents of Whatever. I dropped it a while back but it seemed to keep getting season after season and generally not being dropped as a failure.

slashfilm.com/abc-wanted-to-cancel-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-after-season-4-but-disney-refused/

Are there still people who need the TV characters to be referenced in every movie to believe they're canon?

>Dogs of Hell appear in AoS season one, later appear in DD season two and TP season one
>Judas Bullet appears in LC, later appears in AoS season four
>In season one of AoS it is said that Daisy grew up in St. Agnes Orphanage, in DD season one we learn Matt Murdock also grew up there.
>Inhumans reference events from AoS and have the same glyphs as their language
>AoS season one introduces Blackout and the concept of Darkforce, Darkforce appears in AC season two, Darkforce is what gives Cloak his powers in Cloak and Dagger
>DD season two has a gang war, news ticker in AoS season three talks about it
>Daisy mentions knowing Micro in AoS season two, Micro appears in TP season one
>Crusher Creel appears in AoS season two, Jack Murdock boxes Creel in DD season one
>The headline "Cybertek Settles" is seen in DD season two, Cybertek was introduced in AoS season one as the creators of Deathlok
>WHiH World News first appears in The Incredible Hulk, late appears in Iron Man 2, Daredevil season one, AoS seasons one through four, JJ season one, LC season one, IF season one, and Ant-Man and Civil War bonus features released online
>Agent Sitwell appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one, returns in The Winter Soldier
>Lady Sif appears in Thor, later appears in AoS season one.
>Hydra weapons appear in Avengers, later appear in AoS season one, return in Age of Ultron
>Dr. List appears in post-credit scene for The Winter Soldier, later appears in AoS, returns Age of Ultron
And lastly, but most importantly, the thing that ties the TV shows to the films
>Metropolitan General Hospital first appears in DD season one, later appears in Doctor Strange
Stay mad head-canoners

Clearly Disney sees some value in it, then? Is it still referencing stuff that happens in the movies?

The tv adaptations are trash, who cares?

Pretty much this. I was for the crossover, but
>Iron Fist
Ruined Danny Rand permanently
>Defenders
Shows that all intrigue they had with the Hand didn't add up to anything and proved these shows have no actual plan.
>Inhumans
Fuck, what a shit show
>Punisher
Didn't even bother after Defenders

Disney want everyone to at least know that shield exist even if it cost them money so they could try to make a whole franshise around them similar to Men in Black.

Last film it referenced was Civil War. Doctor Strange got a tangetally related tie-in by introducing magic in the Ghost Rider arc that aired around the same time, and there could be some GotG Vol 2 and Thor Ragnarok references with the upcoming arc being set in space and involving the Kree.

>Iron Fist & Defenders are some of the most watched shows on Netflix
>Somehow failures

Please explain this to me.

The shows are canon to each other and the movies are only canon to the shows. Its a one way canon. As far as the movies are concerned, the shows dont exist.

This. Pre Marvel Studios/Marvel separation they were absolutely connected. It's explict canon especially with things like AoS characters like Dr List and the Hellicarrier going from the show straight into Age of Ultron or Sitwell going back and forth. The TV shows were explicitly canon.

Post-Studios separation it's not so clear. We have yet to see them reference each other. The movies reference each other. And the TV shows reference each other and pre-split movies.

Not a single TV character has been referenced in a movie after all these years. Not canon.

Oh, great. It's the Earth where Thanos found Jesus. "My gauntlet plays 'Greensleeves' and does the disco light thing, brethren! I have such a beatific appearance, I don't even mind being as bald as a Drax!""

Im ok with a one way canon

>Dr List

Appeared first in Winter Soldier

>Hellicarrier

Fury procured it off screen. Nothing from AoS was mentioned in AoU.

Some one fucking explain to me why the TV characters even need to be referenced, they all stay under the radar and wouldn't attract enough attention to warrant them being mentioned.

inhumans are a pretty big deal, we wil lall wonder why the thousands of trained super powered beings are not helping the avengers to stop thanos from destroying the universe

Disney just doesn't want to have no Marvel shows on their network.

So they're not canon. Not a single movie character, not even Secretary of State Ross is going to bring up the Shithumans? There was a whole argument about superpowered people in Civil War, why weren't they mentioned?

I'm not gonna take the bait.

Dr. Strange references Daredevil, which references everything else.
Dr. Strange came out well after the split, nice try though

Doctor Strange references a hospital from the comics that Daredevil conveniently uses. They're clearly not the same places. Nice try.

>>why weren't they mentioned?

>Saying this right after I said they don't attract enough attention to be mentioned

Son are you retarded?

>Doctor Strange references that place from the comics that first appeared in the TV shows, as long as we ignore that it doesn't count
The absolute state of head-canoners

>Is it still referencing stuff that happens in the movies?
Yes, though in less explicit ways than they used to (to the shows benefit). Last season had Ghost Rider swing his chains to create a portal that looked the same as the sling-ring effect from Doctor Strange. They talk about how the superpowered members of the team had to sign up with the sokovia accords and weren't allowed to be deployed without government approval as a result.

Luke Cage and Black Panther use the same character from the comics played by two different actresses. Overlaps happen. This only proves the TV shows are even less canon because the movies dont even bother to consult them.

>The Bat-signal was in The Dark Knight! Nolan's movies are canon to the DCEU!
That's what you sound like.

Luke Cage and the fucking Inhumans dont attract enough attention to be mentioned but Stark can find Spider Man on a Youtube video?

You're an obvious shill.

>these two things that no one says are connected are because I want to remain ignorant
This is how you sound
Until Luke Cage is out that is still up in the air, they can easily change things

You're an obvious retard so there's that.

Not that user but that's a reach and you fucking know it.

I really hate the Spider-Man shit in the MCU, and I want Disney to buy FOX so we can have a Spider-Man film end with Pete coming home and finding Aunt May dead, turns around and sees Deadpool who sticks two swords through his hands, and then starts getting anally raped by Deadpool and the camera zooms into Peter's screaming mouth and we cut to the credits.

>Until Luke Cage is out that is still up in the air, they can easily change things

The absolute state of Ikefags.

>You're an obvious retard so there's that.

Not an argument.

who?

Of course it wasn't an argument, it was a fact.

Kill yourself.
No really kill yourself.
Go take a bottle bleach, take the cap off and drink until empty.

t. that guy who keeps commissioning fan art of peter getting cucked

No.
Cuckfags should kill themselves too.

I think he means Dr. Strange not Black Panther

his ex Christine Palmer and Claire from the Netflix shows are inspired by the same comic character Night Nurse but they're not meant to be the same person played by different actresses, its a bad thing for non-canon autists to point out since they canatonically work in the same hospital that was introduced in DareDevil

Gonna regret even bothering with this, but...

The Canon stuff is one way because tv shows tend to be written and filmed in a short timescale, while movies take years to plan, write, film and edit. If you reference something from a TV show, it needs to be such a major point that it has been planned well in advance.

When you have actors and actresses dropping out mid-season, plots changed to better fit the overall arc and so on, it's a massive risk to even try to tie the movies in with the state of the show at the time the movie is released.

Then to add more complexity, different countries release series and films at different times, making it harder to align things.

So it's easier to reference movie events in tv because of the shorter production time and it being more closely aligned.

Amazingly, sometimes there are actual factual and legitimate reasonings for why they do certain things.

All I want is a sequence only a few minutes long in Avengers 4 when Chitauri or whatever Thanos minions are all over Earth and there's a montage of the Defenders fighting them in NY, the Inhumans fighting them in Hawaii, the Runaways fighting them in LA, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cast fighting them wherever, Cloak and Dagger fighting them in New Orleans and the New Warriors fighting them in Milwaukee while Captain America gives a voice over speech about the reliance of the human spirit and how we'll always fight to the end as he stands up to Thanos about to kill him and it would be mad kino.

This.

Nah, the black mother at the start of Civil War was played by the same actress who played Cottonmouth's cousin. She worked with RDJ in some big role years ago or something, and that's why he wanted her in the movie.

But this is the actual reason why you can't have movies reference the TV shows, with the additional caveat that the audience size of a standard Marvel movie is leagues above any TV show out there. There's already dumbasses that don't realize GOTG is in the same universe as the Avengers, requiring them to watch a TV show to understand the plot would be utterly moronic.

>Frank finally uses that mini-gun to mow down a hundred ayy lmaos flooding times square

There's also the actor who plays the autistic savant guy who makes Daredevil's gear who also played an in-mate in the DVD one-shot where we see Trevor Slatery in prison. Or maybe you could say it's meant to be the same character since he seemed to have a touch of the tism there too.

The Agents of Shield is canon to the movie but they're the assholes who no one cares about and handle stupid shit the Avengers were too busy to handle.
In the first few episodes one of the characters ask why the Avengers can't handle the problem but Coulson they were busy.
Just like in Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man: Homecoming the Avengers are always MIA or already busy with other shit.

>Then to add more complexity, different countries release series and films at different times, making it harder to align things.

I know you're right and this is (((their))) thinking since they're 60 year olds who can't work their phones, but they really need to get over it, no one who watches these kind of things waits for it to air in their country, they watch it online and it's farcical to pretend otherwise at this stage. In fact I, someone who lives in Latvia, watch new episodes of AoS before Americans on the West cost do if they actually watch it on their TV.

What? I haven't been around here for the last couple weeks, does Sup Forums believe The Punisher was bad?

I think he means the Netflix shows not the ABC shows.

General consensus with casuals seems to be "a 6 episode story stretched out to 13" and Punisher fans were mad he doesn't actually want to be the Punisher character and rarely actually punishes criminals, just defends himself from a generic evil PMC plot like any other action hero.

Can someone explain to me why people are so autistically obsessed with declaring the TV shows "not canon" when it literally doesn't affect anything?

How's Dr. Doom as a head of state, do the people actually like him?

This.

like anything on Sup Forums it started out as a troll to wind up the people who take it seriously, but then ended up with people taking the troll itself seriously

100% approval rating.

Wow, Spider-Fags sure do like Peter

After The Punisher series all I could think is that I would love to see him make a cameo in the next Captain America film.

it's canon, this fag will use this pasta in every thread, but even he knows that's true.

marvel television is its own thing. feige and perlmutter will NEVER allow for the films to reference the tv show, or tv characters appearing in the movies (unless playing different. yeah, remember that time Alfre Woodard was the same year in civil war and luke cage? canon my fucking ass.

B but Patrick Stewart could be on Legion season 2

Go down your bleach.
X-men movies aren't even part of the MCU.

>yeah, remember that time Alfre Woodard was the same year in civil war and luke cage?
You mean how in one role she was grieving mother and in the other she was a crime boss's complicit cousin?
Yeah that would've made a hell of a lot of sense, if they were the same people.

>if they were the same people
exactly, because the shows are not canon.

What ever dumbass logic you're trying to use is flawed as all hell.

>remember that time Alfre Woodard was the same year in civil war and luke cage? canon my fucking ass.

what does that even mean, does that mean Iron Man 1 isn't canon to Iron Man 2 because Rhodey is played by a different actor? or that Mary Poppins isn't canon to itself because Dick Van Dyke plays two different characters in it?

that's latveria

>because Rhodey is played by a different actor
...which are the same characters. she plays two different characters in the same universe
inb4 somebody mentions Laura Haddock, love that fucking excuse from MCUcks.

Laura Haddock appears in The First Avenger and the Guardians movies as two different people
Does that mean those movies aren't canon?

It's not possible for two different people to look alike?

>4 seconds

Am i the only human that liked punisher?

>Iron Fist & Defenders are some of the most watched shows on Netflix

Netflix doesn’t post any viewership numbers so you have exactly zero evidence to back that up.

>if we ignore the reference in the movie then there is no connection

HAHAHA like a fucking clockwork

mcucks are so pathetic. So predictable.

>thinks its a bad thing his opponents have a very obvious counter to his bad argument

>opponents
hahahahaha the state of mcucks. "opponent". What a fucking joke.

Some character in the upcoming season. I’m too lazy to look it up. Just google the articles.

are you people not familiar with street level crime?

>there are people who like "Avengers: Regular People edition"

Disney want to get it to 100 episodes just so that it qualifies for rerun potential and does rerun money.

What could they do? They already explained multiple times that the Defenders are street level heroes.
>What about Black Widow? She's no more powerful than Jessica or Murdock.
You're right. She's not, but she's been an established character and part of the Avengers since its inception. It's not like she'll just piss off because she can't lift 10 tons.

>People honestly expect big time studios to ask it's audience to go check hours upon hours of TV shows just to understand possibly a 2 seconds caneo

That's not how shit works, you can't throw in DD while the Avengers are fighting Thanos and shit, that will confuse all the viewers that can't be bothered to check every single Marvel adaptation, reviewers will mention cuts to scenes that make no sense because the movie doesn't tell you who the character is etc., it'd be just a huge fucking mess

It's not about the shows' success, it's not about BTS drama, it's about logic. The DCEU won't acknowledge the CWverse, does that mean that those shows are secretly bleeding money without anyone noticing or that the head of X department had a fight with the head of Y? Of course not

as of now, mcu movies are not relevant to tv shows anymore. Netflix shows, Agents of shield, and movies have their own league now although they are on the same earth. (I don't know about the shows that are upcoming) think about it. while agents from shield are working so fucking hard to take down hydra, avengers literally went to take down hydra facility without even consulting with shield. as of now, shield has been officially rebuilt and it was even on news. at least the movies have to mention shield at this point, and they fuckin brought of damage control. that's mcu right now.

Not to mention more actors and companies involved just means more cash to spend for something that will be appreciated only by a relatively small part of the audience

Even if the shows were canon, why the fuck would the movies ever acknowledge them? Getting casuals to follow a plot-line that spans several movies that aren't clearly numbered for their benefit is already pushing it.

I just finished it. I liked it a lot

and even on defenders, if they were back in the days when daredevil and jessica jones were airing they must have had dialogue like "there were fuckin aliens coming from the sky and you don't believe resurrecting ninjas?" or some sort.

tv shows and movies ARE in the same earth but they are NOT RELEVANT anymore. just like that kid who's very good at soccer in columbia and mafia in america will never meet until they die.

thinking that head of marvel studios is kevin feige and he doesn't give a shit about tv shows, i'm pretty sure when they release official timeline it will only be about movies.

>oh, you don't have a unified canon? How quaint.

>This instance of exactly what I'm talking about happening doesn't count! Because!

It's not even the only example. The Asian guy in TFA was in HC as Peter's principal (and they made a joke out of it by making them family related). The guy that played Bor in Thor 2 was in Daredevil. They're small actors playing small roles, it's only normal for them to be "recycled" by the same company, it has fuck all to do with canon

translation: My argument has such big holes in it I need to say they can't use the most obvious defense to prove it wrong.

It must have been hard for you to jerk off to what you wrote with all that edge

It was bad and if you like this completelly generic action series disguised as punisher then you're sheep

I was deeply depressed by it, I only made it three episodes in

In Daredevil Matt mentions the alien attack affecting property values and we see a framed headline about the big battle, and I remember Jessica Jones talked with Luke Cage about how many superpower people there were besides themselves and the Avengers.

I think user's implying that even in Defenders they should be talking about aliens 24/7 otherwise it must mean the show isn't following the movies anymore, which is really dumb

>Actually wanting Dardevil and co in Infinity War
Many people including myself like the fact that the characters don't meet in person even though they live in the same universe. It makes the world bigger and shows that there is more shit going on than just what the Avengers have to deal with.

I will pay to witness this.

I mean all the shows

Luke Cage or Daredevil could show up in Spider-Man.