Don't see a thread for this already but it seems like Whedon really butchered the film

Don't see a thread for this already but it seems like Whedon really butchered the film

>LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

>LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

>After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”

Other urls found in this thread:

fortressofsolitude.co.za/zack-snyders-version-of-justice-league/
businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11
geeksofdoom.com/2017/11/22/wb-lose-100-million-justice-league
latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7YZXeI54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Cyborg’s previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car – causing a fiery crash.

>DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she “doesn’t trust Orm”. Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

>DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”

>CHANGED: Superman’s resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

>DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what’s happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that “the voices won’t shut up”. Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused – his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the “Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me” speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about “embracing who you really are”. He tells Clark that “you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad.” Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn’t strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That’s how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

>DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

>CHANGED: Bruce’s conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce’s shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says “he deserves to die because of what he’s done. He’s killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that”. Diana tells him that “he’s changed now” but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

>CHANGED: Bruce’s Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won’t do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

>CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

>DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to “meet the Kryptonian”.

>The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.

Source: fortressofsolitude.co.za/zack-snyders-version-of-justice-league/

Holy fuck, this sounds so good. Goddammit WB YOU DIDNT HAVE TO CUT SO MUCH

Also does this mean at the end Bruce gets alerted to the presence of a Green Lantern on Earth?

Fuck i hate Warner so much.

The Kent Farm scene is definitely better in the released version. Everything else, the cut version sounds better.

Snyder sucks

>I-is Whedon fault!

Wait for the ultimate cut. I felt like us not seeing Victor and his dad relationship soured Cyborgs origin, I mean his dad was into science more especially in the age of meta-humans thinking that athletes like Vic would be obsolete.

It is actually. At least Snyder's cut of Justice League wouldn't be just a reskinned Age of Ultron.

Pretty much all of this sounds like an upgrade to the movie. However knowing Snyder, he would have probably shat the bed with most of it

When make good movies 90% of the times, Snyder make good movies 10% of the times.

Is far more likely that the bad director fucked everything up not the good one.

if it was a reskinned age of ultron wouldnt it have made 200M opening weekend?
get over it dood, snyder shit the bed, again.

Whedon has never made a good movie. What he makes is double-length tv show episodes.

Change Whedon to 55% percent of the times and then that statement would hold some truth to it.

even if that is true, lets see snyder at least make a good tv show

Snyder's never made a good movie either. They are both shit. Snyder is slightly less shit at visuals, Whedon is slightly less shit at writing for general audience.

Called it.
I knew this would happen, an unproven iffy source makes up batter version and you instantly believe Zack the hack Snyder wrote a good movie.

>Uncle
You mean nephew, Darkseid is his nephew. Why does EVERY "leak" fuck this up?

Warners, Tsujihara and Whedon deserve to have their movie bomb if this is what they ended up cutting out.

Fuck them all.

I can only hope that one day there will actually be a proper Directors’ cut.

>Snyder pull the "they messed with my vision" card
Is this Trank all over again?

Without the twitter meltdown and career suicide ranting.

Doesn't matter. It's NEVER going to end now. Snyder's little internet minions will NEVER stop moaning about how his "genius" was robbed of recognition by Whedon and WB, when (a) they WOULD have let him finish it, if he hadn't had to leave due to his family tragedy, and (b) his track record is absolute shit.

BvS' concept looks GREAT on paper, in bare-bones treatment form, but after Snyder filmed it, it was bona fide shit. This might LOOK better in spots, but remember, Snyder would have been filming it, and he WOULD have fucked it up.

Not that his apologists would notice. Seriously, the guy has NOTHING but a series of belly-flops or "divisive" films since 300 in his file -- he's basically a bad comic book movie or two away from being a big-budget Uwe Boll. But no, it's our fault for being plebs -- we just don't UNDERSTAND.

No, we understand, Snyder apologists. He's shit. After three (well, two-and-a-half) cracks at the DCEU for hundreds of millions of dollars, we all understand that very well.

>BvS
>shit

Your entire premise is flawed

Oh boy, another movie they can release twice, with promises to fix failures it doesn't deliver on.

I'd pay good money for a Snyder v. Whedon twitter war.

wait... isnt Steppenwolf Darkseid's uncle and Heggra's brother?

>believing "my dad works at nintendo" pasta
Get help

thanks for the savory thanksgiving meme, friend

>He doesn't know about China's numbers

>Snyderfags latching on to this
>Don't realize Justice League bombed because BvS sucked so much ass

This is really pitiable, guys.

put them in a room with a broken pool cue.

jesus FUCKING christ. MoS is one of my most favourite movies and I even enjoy the other movies but this is straight up corporate garbage. will those motherfuckers literally never get their goddamn shit together and leave a movie in its FULL version? the dialogue with steppenwolf literally explains the villain's background and motivation which wasn't really that well explained in the theatrical version. good lord, the people working at Warner should all be fired, not even joking

a>DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”

wait, so the Knightmare from BvS was actually supposed to be prevented in this movie? that's kinda neat

this, I fucking hate teenager who believe Snyder movies were popular, they weren't, everytime snyder released another movie critics and movie fans in general always trashed it, Snyder was always a hated director like Michael bay yet they believe he's a "classic director"

ultron did 191 domestic
no one cares about China's numbers

All of his movies are good but Sucker Punch and even Sucker Punch has some good stuff on it

>butchered the film

So you're saying, he took a big, dumb, smelly bovine of a movie and carved out the finest cuts to dazzle the palates from its pointless carcass?

Bravo Joss.

the only guys who should be fire from WB are snyder and his wife, they are doing well anywhere else, IT? Best horror movies of the last decades,Dunkirk?Possibly the best movie this year and a serious competitor to get 2/3 oscars.

>The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.

that sounds nice but this is the only scene where I can actually understand why it should be cut. what the fuck was up with Cavill teasing a Green Lantern though? Everyone thought Armie Hammer was going to be Hal

You got worse taste than a transformers fan, not even joking.

Probably from when there was meant to be a part 2.

The main reason why everything about the Fourth World is dropped is to make this one standalone.

Snyder is a gentleman. Not a fedora gentleman, an actual one. He moved away without throwing a tantrum and wished everyone the best of lucks.

The first thing Whedon did after receiving bad critics was excusing himself with "Lol i wrote the JL in 20 minutes lmao". Same shit he pulled with Ultron and Alien Resurection in which he blames everyone but him. And those movies are Whedon quintessential.

Avengers 1 was just a pop culture gimmick, a culmination and crossover of many movies. It was never a good movie if you take out the hype of the gimmick

IT is a shit film and a terrible horror movie. Literally the marvel of horror.

Nolan is hit and miss. Most of the times he is redditbait but I agree Dunkirk is great.

What kind of director abandon a project before finishing it? Worse a project that chould damage a giant business and put thousands of jobs at risk and you're defending this behaviour?

Snydercucks are the most cucked scum in the internet

And Snyder loves his Cast.
He wouldn't shit in the movie while is still in theaters.

I really don't agree on the Zach part (don't know anything about his wife). Why the fuck would I watch your previous movies and tell myself that it's a good idea to let you direct? So you direct and offer pretty much the same quality as before with your first movie (MoS). That doesn't attract as many viewers as I would have wanted so I STILL let you direct the next movie and cut it down for the theatrical version because I don't like all the shit you put in. Then I STILL let you direct the next movie even though both movies before weren't critically acclaimed and then proceed to cut your movie down even more than the previous one, even changing the storyline to some extent and deleting interesting dialogues and scenes. that's all the suits' fault right there.

they shouldn't have gotten him in the first place if they would treat his product like shit

He's only really decent with his fight scenes and over dramatic shots, which is why 300 is still his most liked film.

Yes, FLash comes from a future where Batman didnt bring the "big gun" and Superman killed everyone.

Age of ultron was far better than anything snyder ever made, even his precious mindless dawn of the dead remake that is still mocked by horror fans to this day for missing the point of the original version.

>LOIS LANE
>SHE IS THE KEY

A director whose daughter was killed and principal photography was finished anyways. He never expected Joss Quipton to reshot 70% of it.

I insist, he would never shit on his friends and he is loved by the cast and pretty much everyone he works with. He went down like a real gentleman.

I doubt it's that good but it'll probably be a bit better than what the final product was, which isn't that how BvS went?
People want Synder reigned in, and they might be right, but WB always makes the bad decision of reining in their directors AFTER the movie is done.Then they just end up with a mess tearing apart the movie into something it isn't.

This
We'll never have a proper new DC film series without Snyderfags throwing a massive shitstorm about how "you just don't get it" and "capekino"

The only one I remember being viewed somewhat favorably was 300, and only because it was visually very different to what was being offered at the time (excessively so). But even then critics and anyone with half a brain called it out for what it was, all flash and no substance. And he's never improved while the novelty of his superficial visual gimmicks has lost what little appeal it had at the start.

>a source claims
quality journalism there

>ultron was better than anything
You are trying to hard mouseketeer, not even hardcore shills defend that piece of shit.

We are getting the extended cut, we will call it kino while making exaggerated info-graphics about it and there is literally nothing you can do about it, soygoy

Indeed, everything he does suddenly looks a lot worse when you're somehow expected to take it seriously instead of relishing the ham and cheese

It is both shocking and horrifying that this hack keeps getting work of any kind. He should be directing music videos, at most.

I'm not a fan of Snyder's films, but from what we see he is a really nice guy.

>What kind of director abandon a project before finishing it?

When his goddamn daughter killed herself, you insensitive waste of air. But you wouldn't know that, given you'll just live your life a lonely virgin.

>We are getting the extended cut,

Literally impossible since leaks show that some stuff never made it past post.

Oh, god, that's so dumb but it makes sense

I disagree. Its not an intellectual movie. Its a movie about raw feelings. The first time I watched it I discarded as shitty action movie but upon further inspection I realized it perfectly fulfills its goal.

If you have at least 2mg of T, when 300 ends you want to grab an axe and start decapitating persians. You believe for one moment that honor, courage and brotherhood CAN exist in this cynic world. The movie is so good it makes you believe and feel that for a moment.

300 is 10/10 malekino. Are you a woman or consume soy products by any chance?

Why couldn't he harness that pain and loss to create true tragedy-driven art? For god's sake, such a happenstance is a lay-up when it comes to winning Oscars!

Also, that recent latimes article had Cavill stab Zach in the Back pretty fucking hard.

Wow, this is even more retarded than what JL actually delivered

are you a literal psychopath? the dude's daughter committed suicide you fucking retard. I'd have zero respect for the guy if he had actually continued to work on the movie

This is the guy whose idea of a dark Batman to answer Nolan's work was prison rape.
The guy who had a push up contest with his lead actor on the character direction instead of simply hearing him out.
This is the guy who even after Sucker Punch will go unsullied because this WB and Whedon deflect and the recent death in the family are perfect grease.

Zach: What the hell did you do, Joss?!
Joss: I made it fun. It's why people don't hate it.

So it's gone and all we got out of it was fucking Steppenwolf. If not Darkseid himself why not Kanto, Virman Vundabar, Glorious Godfrey, Granny Goodness, Mantis, Doctor Bedlam, the Female Furies, Desaad, Kalibak? Fucking anyone but Steppenwolf.

oh just fuck off. I never see these kind of people in the threads. it's usually people like me who like the movies who are also able to see the flaws that like the franchise the most. it doesn't have to be perfect as long as you personally get the most out of it

You can be female or enjoy soy products and enjoy the concept of raw good vs raw evil at the same time.

Can you imagine them doing any of those other ones and them doing the same "drop every single Fourth World mention"?

It would have been just as bad.

Adopted.

>hey, fuck it, it's just your friends who died!!!
>lol, I mean it's just a dog dude!!!!

seriously, stop having social interactions with other people

>"A Source" CLAIMS to have Zack Snyder's version of Justice League
Why do people choose to believe this shit?

Are you a literal retard? This guy was paid MILLIONS to hold a critical project to a business worth SEVERAL BILLIONS, this movie flopping will make thousands lose thier jobs, WB will be forced to adapt and shrink to deal with the financial loss.

So yeah he directly ruined dozens to hundreds of families year or even life with this shit, and YOU are defending this.

So what you're saying is that it's Autumn's goddamn fault! Offed herself without even thinking about how it would affect the people she left behind. As is typical of suiciders.

It's not flopping though. It's artistic integrity has just been compromised by Whedon. From what's been reported, it's a real crowd pleaser in a lot of areas.

There is any reason why the CGI was so bad?

The palette changes to the scenery clashed with the outfits of the actors which were intended for Snyder's less candy-coloured style.

people are going to be fired because WB chose to have him direct their movie even though MoS and BvS were critically panned and because they didn't make that much money in their eyes. People are going to lose their jobs because even though he was FINISHED with filming, they agreed to Whedon reshooting and changing the crap Snyder already had shot. Whedon could have easily used Snyder's scenes and just helped with tuning the CGI and it would have been Snyder's vision.

>It's artistic integrity has just been compromised by Whedon.
Snyder is infamous for having no artistic integrity since dawn of the dead remake
>It's not flopping though.
Yes it is.
businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11
geeksofdoom.com/2017/11/22/wb-lose-100-million-justice-league

100 fucking millions,WB can't ignore it, they will have to make cuts, do you think his wife or him will be fired so WB could stop paying millions to them every year? Fuck no they will stay while hundreds of employers will.

WB and Disney choose shitty CGI companies, that's the only reason why their CGI is shit. It was great in MoS but they chose to go all out in other movies.

ILM should be the only company used for that kind of shit

>Why couldn't he harness that pain and loss to create true tragedy-driven art?

Because the last time he made a bleak, melancholy superhero movie it got 24% on Rotten Tomatoes and underperformed commercially.

It would have flopped, even if he did finish it. I like MoS and love BvS but man, they were never gonna appeal to a wide audience. It's as if after David Lynch's Dune the studios would have said "Man, I'm sure that Lynch guy can do a Sci-Fi franchise to rival Star Wars in terms of success", it was never gonna happen and Warner Brothers should have known better.

>Cyborg is so mad at his father he crashes the car, killing his mother and destroying his body.
Bravo, Snyder!

Um, no:

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html

It's only a little bit behind Thor's pace and a holiday weekend is coming up for more box office gains. And Coco's poor marketing will stifle its performance this weekend.

>It would have flopped, even if he did finish it. I like MoS and love BvS but man, they were never gonna appeal to a wide audience. It's as if after David Lynch's Dune the studios would have said "Man, I'm sure that Lynch guy can do a Sci-Fi franchise to rival Star Wars in terms of success", it was never gonna happen and Warner Brothers should have known better.

I agree with your entire comment. WB basically only gave a niche audience the joy of experiencing these movies but mass audiences were totally left out of the equation. as far as smart business practices go, WB played their cards totally wrong in these situations.

Um, sorry sweetie.

damn, didn't expect the Zhongguoren to actually change their minds after the weak shit they pulled off during the first weekend

Your imagination will always be better than reality. Unless the Snyder cut exists on a flash drive somewhere, we can never say definitively that it would have actually been "better".

>is a little behind a movie the 2x smaller budget and far less adverting

Also Thor was just another movie, Justice league was the reason why DCEU was created instead of universes to each hero

You heard me? Zack Snyder turned the biggest project in holliwood story into a failure, a fucking flop, WB expected to get a 500millions profit in the worst scenario, instead they will pay 100 millions

Once Coco is out Justice League can say goodbye to those family tickets.

>It's as if after David Lynch's Dune the studios would have said "Man, I'm sure that Lynch guy can do a Sci-Fi franchise to rival Star Wars in terms of success", it was never gonna happen and Warner Brothers should have known better.

Tch, nothing personino, amigo:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7YZXeI54s

if thor had been "just another movie" they wouldn't have put hulk and strange in it. Marvel has been stepping their game up with Spider-Man and Thor 3 because they noticed that relying on star power will get them higher sales. If Hulk hadn't been in Thor 3, it wouldn't have performed that well. Disney knows it's shit

>Because the last time he made a bleak, melancholy superhero movie it got 24% on Rotten Tomatoes and underperformed commercially.

That was just some insincere naive edge master falsehood. His beloved daughter dying had the potential to be a true muse; it could've made his Justice League movie mean something.

Can you imagine it? A director of a superhero movie using the production to find closure concerning a close family member's demise? Superman's return wouldn't have been a cop-out, but a powerful cinematic statement that death is not the end. Anti-Life will not win!

And then, once he had the audience in the palm of his hand, what message flashes before the credits roll?

In loving memory of Autumn Snyder.

mfw i hated BvS with a passion yet I like this synopsis. I'm conflicted.

>When you want others to fail, and onlookers don't understand that like a harsh but fair parent it's only because you believe they deserve the highest possible excellence and accept no less.
It's a complex Feelbonacci sequence.

>if it was a reskinned age of ultron wouldnt it have made 200M opening weekend?
That Avengers tentpole title is literally MCU's worst installment in the franchise and only got what it did through hype from the first one alone and critics being lazy with giving a fresh score anyway.

>implying Snyder isn't an agent of Darkseid