Friendly reminder that Action Comics/Detective Comics were reset by the New 52

Friendly reminder that Action Comics/Detective Comics were reset by the New 52

Friendly reminder that both series are at issue 36 and these series will never truly reach #1,000 in your lifetime

Volume 1 of Detective ran from 1937 to 2011
Volume 2 was 2011-2016
This is Volume 3

You can number the comics however you like. I can release an issue numbered 1,222,345, still doesn't mean it's not actually #1.

Yeah well at least Action is trying to utterly destroy and then ignore the entire n52 era. So that's a plus.

Why is it called "Detective comics" when it's all about a stupid "batfamily" and their soap opera stories and not about batman doing detective stuff?

What exactly are you crying about?

Because it’s the book Batman first appeared in.

Okay, so, people are hyping that Detective/Action are about to reach issue #1000

HOWEVER, because the New 52 "rebooted" the numbering to #1 and Rebirth "rebooted" the series again, the 1000th issues of these series will be false celebrations.

For example, this will not be the #1,000th issue of the Detective Comics series started in 1937, it will be a series that began in 2016 falsely numbered #1000.

You do realize that they count the New 52 issues right?

Original run had 904 issues
New 52 had 52 issues
Add them up and you get 956
Rebirth picks up at 957

So you have autism?

You sound like an autistic neckbeard

Yes he does but since he's retarded, he's saying that somehow the renumbering makes it so it "doesn't count".

If the first issue of a series were number #432, it wouldn't make it actually the 432nd issue.

Same deal.

This is officially Detective/Action Volume 3.

It doesn't count.

You actually must have autism to be complaining this much about a non-issue

Goddamn you are pathetic. Get a fucking life.

It counts if DC says it counts. You dork.

But it doesn't make any sens now.

This is serious autism

Okay, so, if DC released Batman #2274728819283929 we'd have to pretend it was real, right? Gotcha. Great argument.

Friendly reminder that these are two DC's two longest running books and the ones the introduced the two most iconic superheroes of all-time and they are being written by bottom-of-the-barrel TRASH WRITTERS

It's still #1k, lmao. Are you retarded.

You’re conveniently ignoring the Post Crisis reboot, and any reboots that occurred before and after CoIE.

(You)

Post more of this cutie

Hi Brevoort!

u took the bait

Oh my God, you're being purposely ignorant.

IT'S NOT THE REBOOT, it's cancelling the series and bringing it back for the New 52, and doing the same for Rebirth.

EVEN AFTER COIE, it was still considered the SAME series, Volume 1. This is VOLUME 3.

It's distinctly NOT the same series, which ended in 2011.

>IT'S NOT THE REBOOT, it's cancelling the series and bringing it back for the New 52, and doing the same for Rebirth.
They never cancelled it. They just renumbered it

OH! So you have ass burgers for brains.

>It's distinctly NOT the same series, which ended in 2011.
>he thinks post crisis and pre crisis AC are the same
kek

dumb fucker

I've witnessed DC 1 million, eat shit.

ALL THE CATALOGS HAVE IT AS A NEW SERIES

ALL THE WIKIS

AND COMIXOLOGY

DC can call an apple an orange all they want, it changes nothing

This

Sup Forums is stupid

>Legacy Renumbering flops
>Brevoort decides to shitpost on Sup Forums
Kek

JT4 is good enough, even though when he started his run was shit and some issues, like the ones with Stephanie sucked.

>third parties get to choose how others are named
Then you can't stop me from declaring you as the Dumbest fucker on Sup Forums. Now pick up tha name, dumbest fucker on Sup Forums

You are retarded. Alright, I'll go release Dumbfucker #1214 first. Must mean I really made 1,214 issues, right?

>Volume 1 of Detective ran from 1937 to 2011
Thanks for reminding me this retarded shit.

I would agree if Action and Tec' stopped publication but they didn't. This isn't Marvel renumbering Silver Sabel despite 20 years of no publication.

> Must mean I really made 1,214 issues, right?
You see, they've actually made that many issues. If making issues is the metric you're using, 992 and 969 issues of AC and DC have been made.

How is that different?

Nope, only 30 something from the current series.

Continuous vs non-continuous. Renumbering an existing ongoing title to a new #1 does not make it issue #1 much like publishing issue #12301 first doesn't make it issue #12301. You could pubish numbers completely out of order, it does not change that you've made X-number of issues

>there have only been 30 something issues of AC and DC published
Really activating those almonds there.

They're counting all the volumes together. All the individual issues of AC and DC that exist, add up to almost 1000. What about this is hard to understand?

>Snyder's gay and untalented friend

How can you be this fucking retarded? This is how comics numbering works you dumb fucker. The 2007 Thor went from 12 to 600 because the volumes before it had already had 588 issues. And it wasn't even the second time it was a different series with Thor, it was like fuckng 5th time or something. This shit is done all the fucking time. Prophet for example, the reboot started with #21, because before it it had 3 different series which in total had 20 issues. You're either the most retarded knob to ever browse this board, or you just don't fucking read comics and only noticing the fact that series which have the same name can later be merged and their numberings can be put together. And in that case, GO BACK TO Sup Forums FAGGOT.

Because Action Comics 1 came a month after the final issue of volume 1 while many of the Marvel Legacy books that were renumbered had years and years between their runs.

Jesus, this is such a non-issue. Eat shit OP

OMG YOU ARE SO DUMB

Imagine being this autistic

>(You)

How the fuck is this bait? Jurgens and Tynion aren't good. Dumb animeposter

DC has only done this for two titles, meanwhile Marvel has relaunched and renumbered all of their titles and jumped through hoops to add up various different series/mini series to get to those major milestone issues which was the basis for their latest relaunch and renumbering. So, what's your point, OP, are you autistic or do you just need those tasty (you)'s?

It's hard to understand for retarded people. OP is retarded so of course he would have difficulty.

Breevort, shouldnt your fatass be devoring every turkey in sight, instead of baiting foolish DC fans?

Well thats an interesting reminder, I'll have to read rebirth action and detective now that I know

I'm autistic and I dunno what this asshole's problem is.

I mean, you're using a 3rd party source... but... read the image you just quoted.

"Vol1"

"Vol2"

"Vol1 (continued)" not Vol3.

I'm not sure if you're a marvel intern/shill/etc. or just plain autistic.

>This is Volume 3
Nope. That's not how renumbering works user.

>this thread
Kill yourself OP

I think OP needs a hotdog.

Jesus, Marvel Legacy's numbering must trigger you hard if Action and Tec do this much.

You can go back to old series retard.

Yawn.

What is OCD jpeg

Action and Detective should be in the high numbering for the long haul, but I wonder how long Marvel will keep their Legacy numbering before resetting. A lot of them are suspiciously close to milestone numbers (multiples of 100 or 50). I suspect they'll let some run for 20 issues or so then go back to the #1 well again.