Some of my fellow buds are saying Jonathan Hickman Fantastic Four is great. Is it? If so, What vol should I start on?

Some of my fellow buds are saying Jonathan Hickman Fantastic Four is great. Is it? If so, What vol should I start on?

Dark Reign

It is not.

Nice Meme

I still haven't read it. I wish the art wasn't so mediocre.

Yes, it's great. Pic related for the reading order.

>reading gay agenda comics

>complaining about gay agendas on the gayest board

>being this deep in the closet

Anyone have a link to the whole shebang? Or any of our stashbros have em?

FF #1, where else?

Pretty sure you need to read Fantastic Four before FF.

On the other hand I really miss them, I hope Disney get Fox if anything else to have F4 comics and some new muties.

I sincerely hope they don't just because Marvel doesn't deserve to be rewarded for punishing the readers for their own business decisions.

No, FF#1 is at the halfway point. For the reading order, see:

By ff i mean fantastic four, not future foundation

"FF" and "Fantastic Four" are two different comics. If you meant Fantastic Four, then say Fantastic Four. Or, alternatively, F4, to avoid confusion.

Aren't the Infinity Gems useless outside of their respective universes?

It isn't. Those guys you just posted? They die like bitches and it's all build-up with a lacklustre finale. No one besides Reed, Johnny, and Doom gets to do much of note.

Nice meme.

If I have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Kirby run and have read the Byrne stuff once but literally never any other F4 comic in history will I understand this run?

Correct. But the point was to show off, not to actually do anything with them.

>lacklustre finale
It didn't live up to the years of build-up, because nothing ever could, but it certainly wasn't a bad ending.

Even Johnny only gets his moment at the Negative Zone and that's it. It's a Reed/Doom wankfest mostly.

>They die like bitches
One dies fighting Celestials and the other two arguable don't die until Bendis/Humphries blows up Hala in Black Vortex, which isn't on Hickman.

There's one arc that follows up on some stuff from Millar's run, but it's the worst arc in the comic anyways so you shouldn't worry about it. The only major thing that you should be aware of going in is that Reed and Sue had a second kid named Valeria, she doesn't have any powers but is a super-genius. Doom is her god-father because he helped deliver the baby and named her.

Otherwise you're good to go. Most of the other stuff is recapped within the comic itself (there's a handful of follow up on some stuff that happened in Giffen/DnA cosmic for example). I know plenty of people that read Hickman's run as their first F4 comic and they really liked it.

Nazi Reed was a cool guy

The other two are killed instantly when the Celestials attack Reed HQ

nice meme meme

Pretty based nice meme meme desu senpai