THE FLASH

What went wrong?

>Ezra Miller expected to be the breakout star of JUSTICE LEAGUE, ends up with mixed reactions.
>Kiersey Clemons fired.
>Rushed adaptation of Flashpoint.
>Already lost two directors due to "creative differences" with the studio.
>Turned down by people like Sam Raimi, Marc Webb, Robert Zemeckis and Matthew Vaughn.
>Slated for 2018, pushed back to sometime in the 2020's.
>Two page one rewrites and still not even a complete draft.
>Inevitably going to play second fiddle to Batman and Cyborg in his very first movie.
>Actor can't even run credibly.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3JPcijaRFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody wants a gay Jewish Flash with zero experience.

People just don't want to work with WB on this. Don't blame em honestly

He kinda looks like that guy who did a shooting in UC Santa Barbara

I liked his acting and the way he portrayed the flash but the worst of him is just due to poor writing

there is literally no plan, no hands on the wheel

DC is a fucking tire fire

Because Hack snyder is fucking retarded and unlike Feige he ddn't act Actors that look like the comic characters, also while MCU made the characters always similar to the comics Snyder tried to make his versions the most different possible, DCEU is not a cinematic adaptation of DC, is Snyder own universe,, he could literally never read or watch any DC show/comic and this shit wouldn't change at all.

I think the core issue here, and the reason why no director wants to touch this mess, is that WB doesn't know where to take this universe, and don't know if The Flash should retcon shit

Johns fucked Up.

Actually I think Johns had very little to do with this despite the big deal they made about bringing him on

Cyborg is in this universe thanks to johns. Warner tried to push it into the flash movie and that made a director quit. Now the whole flashpoint idea comes from him.

The director quit over the tone, bro.

desu this kid is annoying as hell but i did like him as the flash and the lines the character was given.
Jokes were actually funny cause he made them good.

>what went wrong
It wasn't Wally, although thank god he wasn't a part of the piece of shit that was JL

>I liked his acting and the way he portrayed the flash

how

>tfw green lanterns and flash are my favorite heroes

I know your pain, bro.

Nepotism is cancer

His acting wasn't bad, but whoever wrote the character fucked up

>What went wrong?

They got Ezra fucking Miller.

>turn Barry Allen into a jew
>expect to not be cursed for eternity

sucks to be a parasite I guess

Who fucks things up worse?

WB or Sony?

>Jokes were actually funny cause he made them good.
it must be nice being so simple and easily pleased

WB, because what they had could've been great, while Sony was a lost cause after Spider-man 3.

>youtube.com/watch?v=o3JPcijaRFU
>Ezra Miller actually cares a lot about Barry Allen's context in the Silver Age
>He was massively excited about exploring the human side of a person exposed to the frontier of quantum physics.
>When asked about Grant Gustin, he excitedly says that there's no competition. "We're both The Flash! Don't you see? It's a Multiverse! We're gonna be racing, like Jay Garrick and Barry Allen back in the day!"

Miller behaving like a shroomed-out geek Mercury in a movie that is like Interstellar meets Pi was the only thing that even remotely interested me about the DCEU.

>It wasn't supposed to be like this.

It was. The DC films weren't ever meant to be good it was meant to bankrupt WB so Disney can acquire them to expand their monopoly.

It was kinda' bad, bro.

I'd never pay to watch any film with that annoying faggot in it.

>Kiersey Clemons got fired
Who?

The world isn't ready for The Jawline

>>Ezra Miller expected to be the breakout star of JUSTICE LEAGUE, ends up with mixed reactions.
Because they legitimately think we are all butt fucking homos begging for "progressive" casting choices.

The guy is a fucking weirdo and not because he is gay, but because he is weird.

Nobody asked for an autistic Flash.

He was like my favorite tv character, Sheldon Cooper.

If they threw their hands up and made two hours of "DUDE SPEED LMAO", I'd watch it. Why bother taking things seriously at this point?

>What went wrong?
The DCEU is a dumpster fire, no exceptions.

It's the fact that they take these things too seriously that's the problem. Barry doesn't need to be a prophet of a doomed future or the spark that rebirth's humanity's messiah. He's a guy with ordinary problems who gets caught at in a hard sci-fi concept and has to deal with it.

I actually didn't mind the Flash suit from BvS purely because that's the direction I thought they were going with it, that he would be like an explorer of speed at a quantum level.

But muh Wonder Woman

Ezra Miller isn't that likable and comes off blatantly homosexual. He can't act to hide it

His running was also pretty weird, he kept throwing his arms and his humor is just strange.

Batman was also pretty autistic in this, nothing like how he was in BvS. Everytime somebody brings up something about gotham batman throws in an obscure fact to go with it and his jokes were pretty cringy, it was like a robot's attempt at socializing and fake smiles.

and aquaman said "my man" about 5 times throughout the movie.

I think a lot of this is whedon's fault, when is marvel going to hire him back after this corporate sabotage?

>What went wrong?

Someone at WB has decided that Ezra is going to be the next big thing (God knows why). They're pushing him in 2 franchises (DC and Fantastic Beasts) despite him not fitting either one.

The actress slated to play Iris.

>Looks nothing like the character she is supposed to portray
Good riddance.

You say he's a blatant homosexual as though that isn't perfectly in-character for Barry. Pretty sure whatsisface is bi, too, so it's weird that you went with the longer word when you could've said "gay". You also used it as a negative, which makes no sense.

>I think a lot of this is whedon's fault
I-is not Snyder fault!

Wally is going to be black if they ever use him in the movies.

Alright guys serious talk
If the first Flash movie is going what to evolve around Flashpoint are the chances to see her in the movie?

Zero to none.

Alright
Fucking why? She was the only reason Flashpoint was barely tolerable.

>Its was me barry, i sabotaged your movie!

Stop reading gay fanfiction, its messing with your perception of reality

Most of Barry's characterization is up in the air since he died right as DC was getting into its Watchmen/TDKR edgy reboot phase that gave everyone a dark backstory. Most of his character post-New 52 is Wally's grafted onto him. Pretty much all we know for sure about Pre-Crisis Barry is that he was dedicated to solving crime before he got powers, and he's a massive nerd since he took the name of a comic-book character when he got powers.

And there's plenty gay about Hal and Barry in canon. I'm not a shippingfag, or even a gayman, but this is like saying there's nothing gay about Tim Drake and Kon-El. It's just not correct.

>inb4 pics of his disgusting feet

Why was she fired?

Is he really gay In the movie?

She was cast by Rick Famuyiwa, the director previously attached to the project. Now that he's gone (and it wasn't a tender split) they don't want her anymore.

Never seen people so obsessed with a director in my life. I bet you have a fucking shrine dedicated to him in your house. Fucking weirdo.

What? No one liked limp wristed non-binary Rick and Morty flash who runs like the actor has litteraly never ran in his life and makes a face like he's getting mouth fucked? Who would have thought?

DC doesn't respect Barry as a character. They are doing whatever they can to make the character big buy whoring him out.

Snyder was the one that cast him as the Flash. Allegedly Warner was also interested in Adam Driver.

It's like his only exposure to the flash is from watching the big bang theory, so when he was told he had to be the flash, he just kind of acted like a mix of the two main characters.

That being said, I'm looking forward to Bazingapoint.

I mean should we really be surprised on how Barry turned out? WB, and by extension DC itself, doesn't know what Barry Allen's character is. He's white bread, cardboard, an everyman. So what they did, the only thing they knew what to do, is make him the funny guy since many saw The Flash as the comic relief in the DCAU. What we got is a horrible abomination of Big Bang Theory meets Rick and Morty fan.

>Redhead replaced by black actor

every time.

Reminder that in the USA black people are between 2 and 7 times more common than redheads. In real life LGBTQ people are more common than redheads.

>credits rolling
>waiting for Lex scene after credits
>people behind me saying how Flash was the best part about the movie

That's not red hair.

He's a good actor though?

He is actually.

If that's true than I think WB might be legitimately retarded, he's a fin actor but would not work in the roll.

Ezra is a dicksuck faggot in real life.

Because casuals only care about Thomas Bat, and Thawne in that story.

They tried making Wally and Kyle a thing, but it just didn't feel right.

your bait copy pasta is tedious

Casuals don't even know who the fuck is Thawne.
>In before Sup Forums

The problem is that they REALLY wanted him to be DC's answer to Spider-Man. Like the whole movie there wasn't a single scene without him trying and/or failing a joke. Another is that they took the funny and youthful, jokey Flash of Wally West and gave that role to Barry Allen.

I said casuals, not normalfags.

>it was like a robot's attempt at socializing and fake smiles.

So Batman

It's like they wanted him to be Wally really badly but realized Wally was gone.

Wally West jokes aren't about him being a little bitch, that's usually the punchline delivered by another character. It's like, they handed off a flanderized version of Wally West to a Bart Allen.

If only Yelchin had been cast as the Flash. JL would have been good, and he’d still be alive.

Considering Cyborg ended up being one of the best parts of the movie, maybe we should trust Johns.

Only idiots think Ezra Miller was anything like Wally West. He's an OC who's closest to Bart except instead of charming and loveable is just Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory levels of annoying.

They aren't ready for this either.

Thanks for reminding me Anton Yelchin is dead. Another victim of the 27 Club. He was such a fun guy and a great actor.

this flash fell flat because tv flash already has a fan base and said fan base only has room for one flash to support.

marvel had 1 wolverine, 1 cpt america and 1 iron man
wtf dc?

He looks like he could be Cillian Murphy's brother.

Wally wasn't really jokey in that way though, he was more dry and sarcastic.

how the hell do you even manage to do that to your feet? Good god it's worse than a hobbit

Syphilis, maybe?

More like, The Flath.

Make Iris adopted or make her half-black half sister of Rudy West.

Problem solvef.

For starters Wally was a huge cunt towards Kyle.

Kyle and Connor Hawke worked better.

WB doesn't think in terms of faithfulness to the comics, it thinks in terms of marketable young actors that they can lock down in multi-picture contracts.

This is all you could come up with? This is the most 2nd grade post I've seen in a while on co

He would have been alright if they didn't make everything that came out of his mouth a quip. Half of his scenes were good, the other half were annoying as fuck.

Warner Brothers gives you the job of writing a Flash trilogy of movies and also getting to pick which of Barry's enemies join Luthorberg's league. You can also James Bond the Flash role and just hire another actor in his place without having to worry about continuity or whatever.

What do you do?

What kind of a person names their son Ezra?

idk man i breathed a sigh of relief when the guy who wanted to make Flash a political statement bailed.

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE FLASHPOINT THE FIRST FLASH MOVIE FUCK

blah blah any men who care about each other want to fuck blah blah i hit my son for having feelings fuck off and die.

I want to fuck her while she moans in that pink bubbly text she has.

I dunno about a trilogy but I think Grodd'd be a fantastic movie villain. maybe he's psychically manipulating the Rogues to free him.

Planet of the Apes series, Skull Island, Rampage. Do we need more killer simians in cinema?