AQUAMAN

>Mixed reactions to Aquaman.
>Massive budget.
>Weak leads.
>Script rewrites.
>Tons of lore and exposition
>Four villains
>Up against Transformers.

I'm just saying... Might be best to lower your expectations, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E39WWj_RpBc
slashfilm.com/aquaman-underwater-scenes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DC
>Lower your expectations

Basically the slogan at this point

>lower your expectations
>slogan for DCEU

Also the slogan for its fans at this point. JL went from "surefire Avengers killer!" to "it'll top a billion easy!" to "it'll open strong!" to "breaking even is a good sign!" If they lower the bar any more for these people won't be trying to clear it, they'll have to dig to *find* it.

Near as I can tell it's just two villains, Ocean Master and Black Manta. Who are the other two?

>Mixed reactions to Aquaman.
Source?

The Trench and something to do with Rise of the Seven Seas

>something to do with Rise of the Seven Seas
so... Ocean Master?

LMAO, DCucks and their ''sources''

the DCEU is finished!!!

There's been barely any news about Aquaman so chances are you just pulled all of that out of your ass

I thought the Trench were written out for Manta.

>rewrites
>reshoots

Maybe I'm dumb, but isn't it a good idea to sit down and write a complete script that makes sense and delivers a good story before you get halfway through production?

>Four Villains
What? I was aware of Black Manta and Ocean Master (who might not even be evil yet), but who are the other 2?

He's lying about the budget for one. And what fucking reviews? Dumbfuck OP.

B-but that's how "MARLEL!" does it! And who wants to be associated with THOSE low-quality plebs and their dump trucks full of profit, r-right?

They should be, the Trench suck. Manta deserves a chance to really shine.

You are retarded. There haven't been either of those for Aquaman.

Honestly either Manta or Ocean Master could carry a whole movie as a solo antagonist. Kinda bummed they're cramming them into one movie together.

I'd like to imagine Manta will be the primary villain while Orm is more calculating and playing a longer game but yeah, chances are they'll just end up wasting both.

Who is Aquaman third biggest enemy after Black Manta and Ocean Master?

Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=E39WWj_RpBc

This bastard right here.

Keeping his hand.

Atlantis

- Arthur is surley lacking on secondary villains. His threats are mostly political or of monstrous nature and as such they don't reappear.

The Fisherman
The Scavenger

>>Up against Transformers.

So was WW, and TF tanked hard.

Nope. Aquaman has all my hype and I trust James Wan to deliver.

>implying anybody outside of China cares about Transformers

Face it drumpfkins, your offbrand bullshit is failing because the MAJORITY of the people don't like it

Nereus and the Trench.

Probably Vulko too.

>Massive budget.
>Script rewrites.
>Tons of lore and exposition

Source of any of this? I seriously doubt the budget would be much more than WW's.

You obviously don't know how movies are made. All movies are finished in the editing room, except maybe some auteur jobs by massive autists that wouldn't let anything be changed.
All movies go through rewrites, reshoots and changes in the editing room.

Read the "Justice League" reviews. Jason Momoa's interpretation didn't make such a splash.

Cthulu.

I quite like Jason's Aquaman.

Imagine if you were a fisherman dude who loved the sea, then found out you can breath underwater and swim at 100mph.

Fuck yeah it would be like being Underwater Superman.

Then you're told you need to be the King of some dickhead underwater people.

You get total freedom for a brief second only for it to be clipped instantly by the weight of a crown.

Eh, it was nothing special.

Track record suggests it has a 20% chance of being decent. No Snyder involvement increases that somewhat, so call it 30%.

TIMPF BLOWN THE HECK OUT.

I thought OP ws talking about the movie, getting a bad lead actor is not that big deal since Thor and Wonder Woman were still going well.

From this pic alone, I know it will be good.

>accurate costume
>acutally a redhead, not a fucking nigger
>nice physique

You can actually tell it's Mera, not some OC fanfic character. God bless Wan.

I wonder how they resisted the temptation to turn yet another redheaded character black.

Given that Justice League established that Atlanteans speak by creating air bubbles, does that mean every single dialogue scene is gonna be the same background of swirling water? Assuming most of the film takes place underwater (unlikely) that means a big percentage of it is gonna be people with swirling grey/brown. Not all that visually exciting. Unless Wan just ignores what Snyder does and livens things up a bit

Black man x White woman has more sjw points than black couples

>Given that Justice League established that Atlanteans speak by creating air bubbles
Fuck Hack Snyder, Fuck snyderfags

I believe Wan already said that "There will be no bubbles in Aquaman"

>DC
>Lower your expectations
>
>Basically the slogan at this point

Hey, it worked for Wonder Woman.

slashfilm.com/aquaman-underwater-scenes/

t

Cool. Makes the scene in Justice League even weirder. It's clear they're making, remaking, and retconning shit on the fly but jeeze you'd think there'd be a little bit of consistent world building.

So what are you guys predictions on how long the DCEU will last before it’s just gets canned
For now I say that aquaman might be bit of a wild card as could easily go either way in how much money it will make
As far as I know Justice league isn’t really making any major impact finically or critically
The have only have made one movie that people actively liked (that being Wonder Woman of course)
And isn’t like there ever going to catch up to marvel

Hard to believe I'm saying it, but I prefer the Snyder costume more.
This still looks good though.

I am hopeful for Aquaman. Lots of sex appeal for everybody. 'Rebel Heir' storyline, one of my favorites. And I really liked the physics for the underwater scenes in JL, so hopefully this capitalizes well on that.

Just need good performances for Black Manta and Orm, a bit of world building for Atlantis, some chardev for Arthur, some badass for Mera, and chemistry between the two, and we'll be rocking my dream Aquaman movie.

Hopefully that happens and it actually makes a profit. Hopefully a fucking gaggle of money. Cuz damn I liked JL but that ROI is not encouraging. If they hadn't already finished filming Aquaman they might well have scrapped it.

I think that if they ditch the "shared universe" model and instead just make a series of standalone movies that don't contradict each other, they've got a good chance for survival. Then the movies can be judged on their own merit like the X-Men movies instead of as a part of a whole.

I don't think they need to ditch the concept outright, but they need to stop pushing it so hard. We've had JL, now let all the characters breath a bit and do their own thing. Then when they get together for JL2 (assuming we get one) they'll be more characters and less bullet points, although all things considered I think JL did a serviceable job at showing us who Cyborg, Aquaman, and Reddit Flash were.

Would be interesting to see what happens if it has Wonder Woman levels of success.

We'd be living in a world where Batman and Superman wouldn't be drumming up enough interest compared to Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Total inconsistency is better than being consistently shit(aka following snyder ideas)

>Kinda bummed they're cramming them into one movie together
Is Avi Arad producing

Hemsworth is solid and Gadot had Chris Pine to carry her weight.

Momoa has Amber Heard, who is not great either.

go back to Sup Forums.

Disagree. It was a nice gambit to change Aquaman so that normies would stop meme'ing on the character.

Probably Scavenger.

It's not lacking so much as no one uses them.

I'm assuming they have dry areas where they can talk or at least I'm hoping that's the case.

That could prove to be a mistake. If they don't it just right it'll be goofy as fuck. Can you imagine a long dialogue scene set underwater with some sort of underwater filter out over the actors voices? That would be terrible.

I have faith that if Snyder wasn't stupid enough to do that, then neither is anyone else.