How come no one here cares about the Bat-saturation going on at DC?

How come no one here cares about the Bat-saturation going on at DC?

Because it's been going on for the last 30 years.

But why does Batman sell so much?

What is there to say about, really? Batman sells

Because he's been readapted so many times for different audiences. That's the main reason. That's what normies think makes him so "legendary". He wasn't really popular until the 60's TV series, and that was all people knew of him until they made a movie, and then they remade the movie. Then, the comics constantly tried to play catch-up. Batman has essentially been domesticated to be as appealing as possible throughout all of his changes.

As long as it keeps Marvel from being anywhere near 50% of the top 10, I'm happy.

Why is spider-gwen selling that many issues?

Metal is the ultimate Batwank series that even Grant Morrison has to feel like they've got too far in the Batgod direction. It'll end soon, thankfully.

I do and Batfag is the cancer of DC but there is nothing we can do because DC doesn't want to promote anyone else.

Bookscan 2015:
>As noted toward the top of the report, DC’s highest placing book is “Batman: The Killing Joke,” which sold almost 70K copies, and was the tenth-best-selling comic overall for the BookScan reporters. It’s probably no real surprise that Batman continues to be DC’s most lucrative property, with 54 of their 100 placing titles being Batman or Batman-related (“Nightwing,” “Batgirl,” et al), totaling over 562K copies sold, larger than many publishers just with a single family. Those 55 titles are split with some 32 of them being “New 52”-era stories, and 23 of them being “classic” stories.

>For that matter, the “New 52” branding seems solid enough in book stores — 55 of the one hundred DC Universe titles are “New 52”-driven titles.

>Other notable “Batman” related books include Frank Miller’s “Dark Knight Returns” at #3 (34K), “Court of Owls” at #5 (26K), “Year One” at #6 (25K), “City of Owls” at #7 (24K), and “Hush” at #10 (21K). I especially find the tight spread on Snyder & Capullo’s first two volumes to be especially strong — usually there’s a big drop between first and second volumes. Frank Miller’s sequel to “DKR,” “The Dark Knight Strikes Again” manages to make the Top 750 with a comparatively weak 5690 sold.

Bookscan 2016:
>Batman is DC’s most lucrative property, quelle surprise – a staggering forty-seven of the ninety-eight DC branded books are either directly Batman, or a member of his extended “family” (“Nightwing”, “Batgirl”, and so on), and account for 599k of DC’s sales. Notable books here include “Batman Vs Superman: The Greatest Battles” which soars up to 46k in the face of the BvS movie (I’d expect this to plummet in 2017) as DC’s #2 book, “Harley Quinn” v1 (33k) at #4, and “Court of Owls” and “Hush”, both selling around 21k at #9 & 10 respectively.

Buy something other than Batman then

If it was a Legacy issue, then it will have had variants. And, it might have been overshipped.

Are these actual sales figures, or just shipments to retailers and stores?

Sales to comic retailers*. There's no way to track actual numbers sold to customers.

*Some Marvel titles are also "overshipped" which means that Marvel sends extra copies to a retailer in hopes of selling the titles. These "free" copies are also included in the "sales" number

Hi Brevoort! Getting fired soon?

>How come no one here cares about the Bat-saturation going on at DC?
Because sales of Batman allow DC to subsidize niche shit that I enjoy like Flintstones, Young Animal and Wildstorm.

Most people want Batman books. DC provides them Batman books to buy. The Batman books sell a lot due to demand. Good for DC for providing books people want and good for people who want Batman books to buy.

All these great Batman sales give DC the funding necessary to make lower selling books for artistic reasons. I wouldn't get the current imprints without good Batman and general Rebirth sales. I wouldn't get the current Ragman mini without good Batman and general Rebirth sales.

There is NOTHING wrong with this. The more sales in comics in general is good. Encourage your normie friends to buy Batman, Superman, and other books that will appeal to them and I can get more niche shit that will appeal to me. Everyone's getting books they want. Everyone ends up happy.

>The Flash is currently the 2nd most popular DC character
>He only gets 1 comic
>No spin offs
>Batman has like fucking 20 comics running at a time

Oversaturation is the Marvel mistake. We already have multiple books with a Flash with Titans and Teen Titans.

>Marvel milks the living hell out of Gwen, Spidey, X-Men
>>Haha Marvel, running out of ideas
>DC milking the living hell out of Batman, Harley, etc.
>>What can I say? It sells

>MCU is full of quips
>>DCCU Barry Allen is an inexperienced twink who never shuts the fuck up
>Haha, I liked dat scene with the slow mo n stuff. it was neat

I fucking hate biased company war bullshit. reveals who's fake and who's not.

>company war

Bat-saturation has given me Bat-fatigue. I've had the shit for years. So much so, I refuse to buy shit I actually like because I'm tired of Batman.

I love spidy and X-Men though, I just don't really see the issue with Batman selling a lot. I'd love more spider-man actually. Give Kaine another series of his own and I'd be happy.

Only Gwen I care about is Gwenpoole though

>beaten by Thor and Spider-man
DC is finished

Dark Knight metal is a Batman story though
What the fuck is Thor doing so high though? Did he become good at some point or is Whor still the MC? Is it secertly good but Sup Forums hates it cause muh sjw?

are you seriously denying there isn't a company war going on? Marvel and DC fans sitting around a camp fire signing kumbaya? what you smoking, bruh? cause I need to try it.

Anniversay issue, lenticular variant, start of the Death of Thor storyline. Normally it's around 40,000 which makes it one of Marvel's better selling titles.

>are you seriously denying there isn't a company war going on?
There's only an angry MCUck.

Difference being that those Batman books are actually good and sales keep that pace after issue 1, while Marvel... you know

>MCUck
you literally just proved my point, genius. what is like being this stupid?

then why are people's arguments in this thread that they make money? just say that they're better. saying "they make money" is a substanceless argument in this world because they're still making Transformers movies.

>boo hoo hoo
How about you start another anti-DC thread to feel better? There are only 15 in the Catalog.

>saying "they make money" is a substanceless argument
And yet Marvel shills cling to it desperately.

>x-men

Cause there's at least 3 generations grew up with him still alive, the other factor is that his world isn't so crazy like GreenL or Superman's so normies don't reject it right away... And normies think Super is super smug.

*there're

Because I've been ignoring it.

Batfamily is good, and so are the X-family, fuck off

They tried to shill the fuck out of Green Lantern a few years ago, with multiple books, an animated series, and a Hollywood film. But most of that stuff sucked balls or was screwed by the network, so when the push failed, DC naturally assumed nobody likes Green Lantern, instead of realizing that the majority of material they put out for this push was trash. Because that's how corporate logic works.

Basically the suits are convinced that ONLY Batman sells, so we keep getting more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more Batman.

What Batman oversaturation? There's like 5 spider people running around, why aren't you focusing on that instead?

They're not wrong.

I'm so goddamn sick of Batman. Every cartoon or game or anything that comes out is always Batman related shit.

>the majority of material they put out for this push was trash
Hi Hal Hater!

>quoting Nazi Spencer
>ever

Spencer's wrong about a lot of things, but not that. DC's been at this game for a long time, and there have been periods where it was actually Superman or Teen Titans who were the top thing, and not Batman.

Same. But Batman is LITERALLY the ONLY DC property that sells, so we gotta put up with more Batcock being shoved down our throats every second of every day.

>All these great Batman sales give DC the funding necessary to make lower selling books for artistic reasons.
>"COMICS ARE JUST SO EXPENSIVE TO MAKE!!!"
No matter which industry it is, corporates and their shills always have the same tired excuses.

Stay mad.

Fuck off, most of that material was indeed shit, and the animated series was unfairly fucked over for no fucking reason. The movie was utter garbage, and the books at the time were meandering crap written by Venditti. Fuck off.

Don't you have more lootboxes to jerk off to? Or did EA's fuck up make you so nervous you had to try and talk shit on forums to make yourself feel better? Now run along little thrall, go suck your master's cock.

That's a exaggeration. DC teambooks does well, and Batman doesn't necessarily need to be a part of it. Ok, maybe sometimes for a initial push, but it's easy to write him off and save his assets for a big moment

People complain about it every time a new batproject happens.

>White Knight
>Creature of the Night
>Prince Charming
>that Telltale comic nobody cares about