I just found out about this a few days ago and finished it today. Holy shit that was a ride...

I just found out about this a few days ago and finished it today. Holy shit that was a ride. How does Sup Forums feel about it? What are your favorite jokes/moments?

It Hurts was a wild ride thats for sure. There's a slice of life style AU / sequel being made soon, too.

You should have been here for the space adventures shit storm.

>You should have been here for the space adventures shit storm.

Sounds like it was fun. Explain?

Everyone collectively losing their shit, lots of cries of bamboozled and #100 strip flashbacks. Gob would post in the threads pretty regularly, too.

What's so great about this cartoon user?

It has a little bit of everything. The art style starts out really crude, as does the humor, but its a really earnest comic, and you can watch the guy who makes it really grow with it as he becomes comfortable with it, and experiments.

In terms of the comic itself - it has an almost nostalgic level of banter and humor, but also manages to pull off some massive mindfucks and twists. Not to mention it shows a really frank and an alternative depiction of depression you don't see in most other shit.

>There's a slice of life style AU
How long will that last?

We'll see where it leads - a lot of people liked the first arc / flashback shenanigans. It seems like the cast will remain mostly unchanged, just without #100 / dbz bullshit flying about.

The relationship between Ally and Tubsy was the cutest thing I have read in a long while. The part where Tubsy dies in hell and is wiped from existing and Ally imediately forgets he existed hit me hard in places I didn't even know I had.

>We'll see where it leads - a lot of people liked the first arc / flashback shenanigans

Honestly I liked those parts the best. Not that I regret the places it went though.

>It seems like the cast will remain mostly unchanged, just without #100 / dbz bullshit flying about.

Will they set it after the climax of the original in the new universe?

yeah, its starring girl pasq and crew in high school. Basically right where the original left off.

I am still trying to figure out whether Aurora soul completely supplanted Pasqualo's or if they are merged?

Did anyone save any of the fanart?

It's basically a cross between early poop jokes era South Park and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It basically looks like they just sort of swapped places in reality. Aurora is now the derpy comically abused kid and I'd assume that somewhere there's a spooky ethereal angelic Pasq.

If anything I suspect that this series is going to basically briefly wrap up the character-based plot elements of It Hurts, or in other words giving the rest of the cast the mundane happy endings that they deserved.

I mean its more the former. Aurora didn't really have a place in the universe outside of "Pasq's waifu, bringer of the apocalypse." So Pasq elected to give her his spot in the new universe, where it could be assumed that she would not fall into the reality warping depression that Pasqualo had.

the real question is who is your waifu?

Personality wise, anyone who doesn't say Ally is wrong.

I've got this and that

Trisssh is best.

Really made me sad to see Sup Forums turn on this comic. The threads when it was still running were a lot of fun.

Did Sup Forums really turn on it? I mean their were always people talking shit and crying shill, but there a tightknit community that would talk about it every couple of strips.

Katie, sad that she just sort of left after Pas was shitty to her, but sometimes you don't get resolution in life.

part of the reason Gob said he didn't do any extra hell stuff after Pasq left was because it would be too sad, since he just fucked off and they'll never know what happened to him.

Even Gob said he tries not to think about the lives they led after he left. Goddamn, they truly were a It Hurts.

>Trisssh says her car was stolen and she's going to eat one child every minute untill it's returned to her!

That line still makes me laugh

My absolute favorite moment in the comic joke wise was meeting with the Zombie King.
>You want my crown that bad? Then take it from me.
>Literally only has to take it.

[Spoiler]Also the whole being wiped from existence thing played at my worst fear of just being gone one day and not remembered. I've had nightmares about it years before I read this comic and it started up my anxiety again when I was done. [/spoiler]

pic related

Trisssh a best.

I really liked crazy Katie. It was kind of lame that she eventually mellowed out.

I guess after all your crazy conspiracies happen, you sort of run out of steam?

I guess. Or maybe there should have been more conspiracies.
Actually, thinking about it; I wonder what Katie will be like PFM!!!, since as far as we know the apocalypse and space rhinos aren't happening this time. unless they do,
then OOOOOOOHHHH GOD

Is anyone else kinda reminded of KC Green's Graveyard Quest in the final hell arc? Hell is almost the same setting, being a large city with everyone assigned to an apartment, and the themes of loss are present near the same as well.

No, but I thinks that's because I mentally associate Graveyard Quest with Ocarina of Time.

Gob and Josef have been over this before. When Pasqualo had the universe remade he replaced himself with Aurora. The only way to prevent the apocalypse from occurring would be to remove Aurora and Pasq didn't want to that instead opting to sacrifice himself to give his friend a shot at life.

So she's called Pasqualo but it's Aurora. The Pasqualo we knew and loved no longer exists.

I sobbed like a little bitch baby at pic related. The finale was really fitting somehow, I liked the explanation of auroras true powers being more of a world changer to make an environment best suited for that person.

Remember that It Hurts!! is officially approved by Tom Parkinson-Morgan.

Jen followed by Katie

Actually wait I fucked up not Katie, Kim. I meant Kim. Kim was chill. Would almost be worth the inevitable burning pee you'd get from her.

I'm pretty sure I can count the amount of times she showed up in the comic on one hand.

And I got a boner every. single. time.

Yeah but every time it was really good. Quality over quantity my man.

It started to drag sometime in 2015 so I stopped reading, but then caught the threads on Sup Forums for the ending.

I enjoyed Harmony and Chaos' show at the end.

It was a fucking rollercoaster

Favorite moment: i started reading slightly after #100, so i wasn't there to see the reaction live, but i do remember everyone losing their shit at the space rhinos reveal and i'll go with that one.

"Having normal friends is for the birds. I fucking eat birds all the time." -Tubsy

I fucking love this series

When I first started it I thought it would've been boring

Then I got to 100 and couldn't get off this wild ride

psst

dis is forboden image, do not open!

>there's barely any r34 of It Hurts

This comic was great. I'm just surprised that it lasted so long and ended so well. No hiatus, no big kickstarter drama, the story took twists and turns but goddam he finished it and it was a fucking pleasure to read.

Around the 150-200 page where it went to a whole new chapter.

I mean the story had gone through SO MUCH it caught me by surprise and I just felt myself laughing at it.

>the story took twists and turns
I remember

Gob save us

i kinda want to see the whole thing, like the delet'd part out of morbid curiosity

I don't think anyone has the actual real missing page that is gd043. I've checked the archives. Nothing.

It is simple. If both Aurora and Pasqualo exist, the universe goes to shit. Any new universe with both of them would be destroyed. Aurora herself only existed because Pasqualo wished it. Pasqualo felt it was unfair that a person like Aurora was doomed to either not exist or to destroy the universe if she did. So instead Pasqualo gave up his place in the new universe to Aurora, so that she could exist. That is why her name is Pasqualo now, because she took Pasqualo's place and can now exist without ruining everything.

>mundane happy endings

Naw that's gay. Give me the first 99 chapters but with Aurora instead of Pasqualo.

Every comic which develops a fanbase will eventually be noticed by two groups- dedicated shitposters and people who hate the comic and need to let everyone know about it.

The whole month before the 100th chapter was posted was full of multiple storytimes of the comic. It was great. November 2013 was great.

>Tubby's memory got erased from everyone who ever loved him
>They will never know what happened to Pasqualo

I don't know how to handle this. I think what gets me is the complete lack of closure for anyone involved. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that once someone is dead they are gone forever but at least we still have their memory, but if they are just pulled out of existing then even that is gone and I can only imagine it feeling like a gaping hole in your life that you can never fill or even know why its there. Then with Pasc he just disappeared and you don't even get to say goodbye or even know why he is gone. You just have to keep going on never knowing if you will ever see them again or if they are ok.

Shit I think this is the first time any piece of media has brought me to tears in ages.

>Pasqualo searches every corner of the universe for God, becoming entropy itself and eventually the heat death that ends it
>Meanwhile everyone left behind in hell who hasn't been erased from existence is simply living out their second lives, ignorant of the countless friends and loved ones they've permanently lost, eventually falling victim to the same fate in time
>Whoever might possibly remain still remembers Pasqualo for as long as they last, wondering where he ever went until he brings about the reset of reality, not unless they've been erased by the time that's occured
This comic managed to evoke a feeling within me unlike any other

This Webcomic looks shitty and was probably written by 12 year old kid. There opinion over

you need to come up with better bait

>best character in the comic, Chaos, only appears in the final update

The best joke is when the little depressed Goblin happily choses Option 2 at the gates of Hell.

>how to tell when you have too much free time on your hands
reevaluate your lives

I don't think anything can top the sheer levels of holy fuck that were brought about from comic 100

whats this about a new comic now?
are there any updates yet?

We know nothing more then this

What the hell is wrong with that dialogue. O_O?

>a funny joke winds up being depressing foreshadowing

I never understand people who bitch about IH!! art being bad as some big negative to the comic.

Yes. The art on a technical level isn't great. But the pages aren't cluttered, nonsensical messes. Tonally, the comic's crude humor fits the art"style" and it's not like there's ever been some high standard of quality for webcomics anyway.

I finally pegged it, the art style looks a lot like early Newgrounds, specifically Eddsworld

The art's also very expressive. There's stuff that may look better or prettier on a technical level bu comes off as utterly static and hollow in comparison.

I love It Hurts. I just discovered this dude Thorsby with a similar style of simple art combined with god-tier bizarre writing. Just thought I'd plug his work where people might appreciate it.

If it makes you feel any better, chances we're that as people Pasqualo saved in the universe start dying and going to hell, news of his deeds is going to percolate through hell and probably reach his friends. They'll never meet again but they will know where Pasq went, and that he was a hero.

Hitmen for Destiny is some good shit. Annette reminds me of an alt-universe Pasqualo.

Hitmen for Destiny is definitely one of his funnier ones. I love this dumbass shapeshifter lol. Interdimensional Brain Chip blew my mind though, the ridiculously epic scale and bittersweet ending reminds me of It Hurts a lot.

Oh yeah, that one was also good. I read Accidental Space Spy, but it was basically just pure autism and the plot ultimately went nowhere. Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is good, but still in progress,

stupid captcha fucked up my post, meant to say "so I'm waiting for it to finish"

>bad art
>unfunny "jokes"
Nah.

I love this kind of plot where things start off completely normal and "slice of life" but spirals completely beyond the understanding for the characters as they get pulled into cosmic level fuckery, complete with lost innocence with the opressive feeling that you can never go back to the way things were. Mindfucks optional. While I never actually played it, I got this vibe from what I know about Mother/Earthbound. Starts in an idyllic suburb and ends with Giygas and whatever happened to Porky.

Is there anything else that is like this?

Accidental Space Spy is definitely the weakest. The bizarre concepts and scenarios are still interesting and funny but the characters and overarching plot are just not memorable. Trixie Slaughteraxe is fucking hype.

Homestuck.

Yes, the aforementioned Interdimensional Brain Chip. Starts off with the idiot protagonist using his new powers to pick up girls and rapidly spirals out of control.

It would take millions of years for that to happen, his friends would surely have fallen victim to hellfire before any news could possibly have reached them.

How the fuck have I not known about this before now?

Thanks, Sup Forums. Sometimes, you're actually worth a shit.

And now I got to #100.

Fuck you, Sup Forums.

>I am superior to you losers
And yet (You) post on Sup Forums

Enjoy the ride lad

before you go on, go back and reread everything katie said