Shit drama about Frank kissing the wife of a partner

>shit drama about Frank kissing the wife of a partner
Wow, they really nailed what Punisher is about, huh?

I liked it, considering what your talking about is way fucking later into the season.

The main thing about Netflix is they created a universe where their interpretation of a character. Lives and how they would react in that world. Not a fucking fan want to your """favorite"""" character.

>The main thing about Netflix is they created a universe where their interpretation of a character. Lives and how they would react in that world.
You sound like a Zack Snyder fan.

I saw Batman vs Superman that was it. It wasn't bad, I didn't like Batman with a gun, and hated that version of Lex.

its been pretty slow and boring so far. I think they missed the point of punisher.

>I didn't like Batman with a gun, and hated that version of Lex.
But those are interpretations of the character's lives and how they would react in that world.

Just as good as Frank and Micro's wife kissing.

Why is anyone surprised they fucked up the Punisher? Iron Fist is probably one of the absolute shittiest adaptations of a comic I've ever seen. It made FOX look accurate.

It's a shame, because Bernthal's take is pretty interesting. I like Bernthal's focus on his military background in his mindset, coming off as a soldier in a new war. The writing doesn't match his effort, though.

Jessica Jones had more action than The Punisher.

This is the fucking bitch of it. Best actor since Thomas Jane and they don't let him be Punisher.

It was strange to me that the first five minutes had me so excited for the series, they did everything I imagined a Punisher series should do and then they just said nah, we are gonna do this.

I understand, and I don't at the same time. I feel like the Daredevil episodes with Frank in it did all the understanding of the character we needed.

>entire subplot dedicated to cuckoldry
I thought this is what you wanted Sup Forums?

>NOT LIKE THIS

Stevenson was phenomenal in the role, though. I actually love War Zone as the crazy schlock it is. It wasn't profound, but I got a lot of Frankenings.

What are you on about?

What exactly about him isn't Frank?

I think Punisher certainly tooks its sweet fucking time - but the final 4 episodes were great. That kiss only affected the story for like 5 minutes, Frank even flat out states he isn't interested.

My only gripes with the show are: Frank doesn't wear his skull until the 11th episode, and he doesn't Frank enough small timers.

cucknisher

yeah they dropped the ball. I feel it was entirely because of the plotline they chose. He should have been going after corrupt cops and gangsters like he always does. It works so well yet they didnt want to do it because it's been done.

>Hey frank we need to cover this up so we will ignore you killing the head of the cia and other government employees

It's not at all the Punisher. It's a story about PTSD riddled soldier navigating a government conspiracy and ninjaing all over, not about a fucking serial killer who slaughters criminals all the time and also makes plans for slaughtering criminals.

Feels like people wanted 13 episodes of nothing but John Wick action sequences and are crying because they realized, too late, that they were tricked into watching a soap opera with super heroes.

>It's not at all the Punisher. It's a story about PTSD riddled soldier navigating a government conspiracy and ninjaing all over,
So the Punisher?

>Iron Fist with shit fight scenes
>Punisher with few punishing
Goddamn how do you fuck up capeshit so bad.

It's like people who read comics aren't the main audience.

So? You don't fix what ain't broke.

The fuck is wrong with that actor, he's been doing that shit in every series he's in

>One kiss, which Micro mentions a whole once as a way to acknowledge if their job fails, his wife can move on
>Somehow every autist cuck fetishist board tourist who hangs around Sup Forums and Sup Forums thinks this is the key part of the story

The Punisher is a boring fucking character and they made him actually human and interesting in this show.

Sounds like the same issue with daredevil, he doesn’t wear his fucking suit until the last episode

Hopefully punisher s2 is raunchy as hell, some part of me really wants to see a ghost rider and punisher cross over though

>But those are interpretations of the character's lives and how they would react in that world.
No. They were fundamentally changed before even being thrown into that universe. Do you perform well in school?

They fucked up The Punisher?! How the hell do you fuck up The Punisher, it's the most simple comic book premise ever! Just have a big beefy crazy angry guy run and gun thousands and thousands of faceless mob mooks, brutally interrogate a few personalityless triad troopers, and then pop off tons of drug dealing dumbasses! The Punisher is not a hard concept! Holy shit!

they made it about him taking out the gubment instead of him taking down corruption at the local levels.

I don't think half the complainers watched the show. Dude literally murderers untold numbers of people throughout the show. Probably 1 or 2 eps go by with Frank savagely stabbing somebody or beating people within am inch of their lives.

The other half, probably never read a Punisher comic.

This show was a Punisher comic stretched out. It had all the Punisher tropes from Federal agent chasing him, Frank having weird friends, fighting mercs, and lamenting his family.

And yes, This is organized crime he's fighting. He was tricked into working for a heroin trafficker who used soldiers' bodies to move drugs.

Gotdamn.

because it's the easiest thing in the world

all we needed was 13 hour long frankings

For me there wasn't a single thing in this season that topped the prison fight scene in the second season of Daredevil. Kandahar was supposed to be this Punisher's Valley Forge, I think, but it lacked impact and brutality.
Let's not forget that this show, for some reason, had about as much sex as the last season of Game of Thrones.

Yeah that prison fight was amazing. Nothing in the show topped that, or his epic meltdown in court.

It was still great though. Berenthal GETS Frank. Fundamentally, he's the best Punisher. Stevenson would be next. He looks the part more, had the intensity down but War Zone was a little too cartoony. Still liked it though.

or the prison scene

Everything in daredevil was the best.

I'm not denying Berenthal's talent. He's not on the same level as J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, or Ron Perlman as Hellboy, but he's close. The problem lies with the writers, directions, producers, or someone in that bunch.

> putting 3 quotations around something describing the character's concept
> changed before even being thrown into that universe
And the Netflix's Punisher wasn't a wishy-washy pleb before shit started happening? Oh wait, he was. He cried in his beer about a bunch of maybies and indecisive stances.

It is the Twilight version of the Punisher, because nothing says "in" like obviously flakey people who must be cool because they aren't anything else.

Is there a gif of the high-speed low-drag tactical leaf pile yet?

Show is alright, but goddamn they really failed writing of main character. I know that its "interpretation" but it still complete garbage that nowhere close.

I also have no idea who wanted this show even? I thought everyone who read the comic hated punisher in dd2, and everyone who didnt just didn't cared enough about him.

Its not the kiss itself, but more the fact that so much time is spent watching Frank be a nice pseudo step daddy while socially cucking his friend, while the friend is watching.

I mean I didn't mind, but I understand why fans of the Punisher would be pissed off. They wanted frankening. I don't read Punisher and even i found it kinda boring and repetitive after a while.

>tfw every girl in the house wants the FRANK while the son is freaking out

I just finished watching Punisher: War Zone
I don't understand what's wrong with it. I mean, it's got all off the right elements - it's got Micro, it's got Frank franking criminals, it's got him reminiscing about his family, it's got Jigsaw, it's got Detective Soap. But something just seems off somehow. I can't put my finger on it. It's like having a cake with all the right ingredients and you take the first bite but something doesn't taste right.

that movie was pure punisherkino, few words a lot of gore

It was a very cheaply made movie that tried too hard to be cool. I mean, there's a scene with random parkour criminals jumping around and suddenly an awkward CG rocket comes in and kills one. The entire scene is weird, the parkour choice us weird, the rock music in the background makes it feel like something out of an Evanescence video, the special effects were bad, and when the camera shows Frank (which shot the rocket, obviously) he just boringly stands there and slowly picks up another gun to kill the goons left

There's another scene where Frank makes a ninja move and grabs a candelabra with his legs so he can shoot everyone around while he's upside down. It's a very silly movie, makes the Frankening less satisfying. Am i remembering this wrong or was it even a direct to DVD thingie?

>The entire scene is weird, the parkour choice us weird, the rock music in the background makes it feel like something out of an Evanescence video
On podcast the director was on, she said the execs demanded to have a parkour scene and iirc the music because that's what the kids are into. So she said ok fine but I get to blow the guy up. Probably didn't have much spare budget to do the scene to full level of quality.

That's interesting, and totally believable, movie execs are incredibly retarded and influence the final movies more than we usually guess

I suggest listening to "how did this get made" podcast. The episode about punisher war zone. They have the director to explain everything. I personally enjoyed the movie and the podcast had great background insight into how someone whose never read a punisher comic come s in and begin to understand and translate Frank to film.

All Lexi Alexander wanted to do was make a fun and cool movie, bless her for that.

Before that came out I was really involved in the IMDB forums and hype for it was stellar. I remember console was BS got so think a bunch of IMDB users raid Tom Jane and Tim Bradstreet's comic forum JUST to debate the merits of War Zone to Jane himself... the memories.

Lexi Alexander is a cute patootie who could whoop my booty. I hope she gets to direct another action movie. I feel like she got shafted by hollywood

As an add on to this, somewhere on an old harddrive I have a pic of of Lexi, Ray Stevenson and some GPA users (a defunct Punisher fansite that stemed from this) with a few users that went to the premiere, holding a thank you sign to the community. I felt like a real human bean for once.

>WAHH HE DIDN"T KILL ENOUGH NIGGERS
There I boiled down the real reason people hate the netflix show

>Every thread there shall always be one

The irony is that is the flaw of the film: War Zone assumes you know all about Punisher and as such, doesn't bother with exposition or setting up the character's origin. Which is OK if you want to squint and pretend the Jane and Stevenson Punisher films are connected. But it's kind of disorienting in a way, even though it improves the source material in terms of characters like Detective Soap (who is your typical Ennis nerd that exists only to suffer in the comic, but who in the film is portrayed as an anti-cuck).

War Zone in a lot of ways is what the Lundgren and Jane Punisher films should have been. But at the same time, it loses something by not letting us into Punisher's inner world.

Ironically, while it's clear that the Netflix show is trying hard to emulate the emo nature of the Lundgren and Jane Punisher films, it ironically goes too far and sissifies Punisher with his emo shit.

I think the punisher show does a good job of showing how fucked up frank is mentally and how much of an animal he can be. What I liked about war zone was how much of a machine frank is and brutality of the kills. That and he franked criminal scumbags. I feel like if they combine these two aspects of each adaption it would've been amazing.

That drama lasted like five minutes

At this point, you can judge a Punisher adaptation by the handsomeness (or lack of) of the actor in relations to how the character is portrayed

Netflix Punisher is pretty Jewish looking nerd guy, so he's basically neurotic and his show resembles a violent version of a Woody Allen film

War Zone Punisher is a super-Chad, so his movie ignores all of the deep introspective "I miss my family" crap and is balls to the walls he-man shit

Thomas Jane is a Chad who has a sensitive side, so his Punisher is a bad boy type women/gay men want to "save"

Dolph Lundgren meanwhile is a classic Byron monster man who is a literal murderous force of nature, but when he's alone, gives whiney monologues about how he misses his family and his old life and other emo crap. He's Erik from Phantom of the Opera meets Count Dracula.

Lexi Alaxender said she purposefully made it campy and over the top because it was just after the V-Tech shooting and she didn't want some edgy highschool kid watching it and taking it seriously and shooting up the mean kids.

>but who in the film is portrayed as an anti-cuck

stop using that word. He's slightly dopey in War Zone and is mostly comic relief to the more series black partner that gets stuck with him, I think the black guys name is Budiesky? He doesn't really do anything the entire movie

Budainsky I think, it's also a cop in MAX.

It doesn't need to be all-action all-the-time. Most of the content of Punisher comics is him investigating his targets and the audience learning more about the antagonists and their victims so when the action hits you're invested. It's just that it's a show about a vigilante who rarely does any vigilantism

Only time he ever actually goes out of his way to find a criminal who never did shit to him just because they hurt innocent people and deserve to die (the entire point of the character) was when he goes after the McVeigh kid, and he doesn't even end up killing him.

Fuck off with this "an ever expanding conspiracy were involved in the shooting of his family" shit that every other action hero faces. The fun of the character is he's the aggressive party, not reactive like most protagonists. You already got "he's just lost his family and looking for personal revenge" part of the story out of the way in Daredevil when the story was somehow relatively grounded with just 100 criminals being involved in the shootout, but for some reason they had to go over old ground, but worse since rather than it being the B-plot to Matt's A-plot, it's still the B-plot to the A-plot of all filler material since Netflix can't pace for shit.

What's with all the Netfilx shows being shit?
The first season of Daredevil was kino. What happened?

Do you know the fable about the monkey who somersaulted?

They made em too srs. Daredevil was fine being star, but iron fist and Luke cage shouldn't have had the same tone. There's more problems than that but the mentality that these shows had to be like DD bugs me. It would've been cooler to mix each different shows tone together.

>it should have been 13 hours of Frank Franking the mafia
>no story, just guns and gore for 13 hours
Edgelords

I don't understand you fags. I thought it was good. It built on the ground work from DD2 and set the foundation for the future.

normies liked it
fuck what it really should be about

>Ike hiring people who cannot even write

I justc realized Russo was the faggy Dorian Gray we got a few years ago

That's why I don't mess with "adaptations" since most of the time the changes are shit.

I honestly didn't mind the show focusing more on the broken veteran side of Frank. Ultimately it's kinda interesting to see each adaptation giving their own spin without diverging too much from the basis

>Jane: reluctant western-like hero
>Stevenson: cold blooded loner
>Bernthal: PTSD man
Haven't seen the Lundgren one yet. Funny thing is the other day i found out my uncle kept around a bootleg VHS copy of the movie, although since we're Italian our version was titled "Il Vendicatore" for some reason, which literally means The Avenger

>they made him actually human
That's the problem. That's the entire fucking pitch of the character. Frank Castle died with his family, he's only the Punisher now. He shouldn't come off as "human" but as a cold, distant, mess who lives only to fight an endless war.

Yes, this place is full of dumb ass whiners, you're just realizing this?
The series was good, so of course Sup Forums hates it.